Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12 >

7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12

Community
Notices

7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12

Old 09-15-2011, 03:11 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone
Cassie and Terri thanks for sharing how you post your goals I am not very computer literate so I appreciate the help.
Wildbeanerz thanks for the words of encouragement.
Terri you look good in your picture and your boyfriend dirty mirror motivated me to clean my bathroom.
Hi Cassiefaye I just started posting this week and everyone has been really great.
Almeeker your kid stories make me smile my youngest is 20 and is NOT a morning person he recently has taken a job 2 hours away and will be moving out in Jan. I will miss him dearly every day and I will enjoy the peace that will come in the mornings.
Have a great night everyone.

Goals
Say something on the forum every day. T=y/W=y/T=y
Exercise daily. T=swam/W=walk/stairs/T=Step aerobics
Calories less than 1500. T=1212/W=1287/T=1318

Last edited by dar n; 09-15-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Health and Fitness:
Initial Weigh in 179.0
1. Drop 5 pounds this week (weigh in daily in the morning):T:176.4,W:179.0 I went on a nut rampage, too much salt, Th:175.2, Fr: 175.0 (-4.0) so far
2. Workout 3 times this week (maybe only 2 since I'm getting another epidural this week):no ,yes, no, no (I wanted to but I'm trying to be good)
3. Walk 10 miles: 2.0, 0, 0, 0 (I probably should have, it may have loosened me up some)
4. -3000 calories for the week: -708. +885, -1535 (Take that slackers! ), -1336 (... and that! ) -2694 so far
5. Post up my Journal: 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal
6: Keep the slackers
accountable:
Amy:
Ann:
yunalee:
Terri:
April:
Rose:
Non Health & Fitness:
7. Get Heart worm medication for Chloe': No, Yes DONE
8. Give Chloe' and Mytsie a bath: No, Yes DONE
9. Give my car a bath: No, No, No, Yes DONE

Darlene, great job on the exercising. I assume that you're trying to take in less than 1500 calories a day? If so, great job!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-16-2011 at 02:36 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Darlene, glad you joined in the group here. I'm sure it must be tough to be facing your youngest moving out. I hope you enjoy some peaceful mornings!

Mike, I'm glad I wasn't the only person who had that thought about the Christmas cookie tin this coming year. Devious minds think alike. I hope the officer saw how it does not make sense. I'm guessing if it were a serious issue, he would have done more than call you, though if he came to your house and saw red splatters all over the kitchen, you may have had CSI out there as well.

Welcome, cassiefaye; we're glad to have you and look forward to seeing your posts.

Posting goals for today, then going to bed so I can get my sleep goal for a change!

1. Calories capped at 1400. 1374, 1793, 1335, 1317
2. Follow pie chart rules (balance macros, unsat fat twice sat fat, 25 g fiber). Fair, Yes, Yes, Fair
3. Workout 7 times (3 times with the weights). 5-mile trail run, Cardio tennis, Cardio tennis & weights (arms), Weights (legs & abs)
4. Sleep 7 hours a night. 6.5, 6, 6.5, 6
5. Keep a water bottle going all day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Not a "No" but could've been better
Old 09-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Darlene, glad you joined in the group here. I'm sure it must be tough to be facing your youngest moving out. I hope you enjoy some peaceful mornings!

Mike, I'm glad I wasn't the only person who had that thought about the Christmas cookie tin this coming year. Devious minds think alike. I hope the officer saw how it does not make sense. I'm guessing if it were a serious issue, he would have done more than call you, though if he came to your house and saw red splatters all over the kitchen, you may have had CSI out there as well.

Welcome, cassiefaye; we're glad to have you and look forward to seeing your posts.

Posting goals for today, then going to bed so I can get my sleep goal for a change!

1. Calories capped at 1400. 1374, 1793, 1335, 1317
2. Follow pie chart rules (balance macros, unsat fat twice sat fat, 25 g fiber). Fair, Yes, Yes, Fair
3. Workout 7 times (3 times with the weights). 5-mile trail run, Cardio tennis, Cardio tennis & weights (arms), Weights (legs & abs)
4. Sleep 7 hours a night. 6.5, 6, 6.5, 6
5. Keep a water bottle going all day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Not a "No" but could've been better
Turn your green light off!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:03 PM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=01gt4.6;56848] Rose: I was good with my food. 780 calories, what did you do? Was that like an insane spin class or plyo class or a combination of things?

Mike, way to go with the food! Glad to see you are back to your chipper self after your epidural. Now, you seem to have gone a little soft on us though. Where's the drill sergeant that was here at the beginning of the week?

As for the exercise, seeing as how I am going back to London for the weekend and we are having a traditional "English Tea" on Sunday, which included trays of tiny sandwiches and scones and "cakes" I figured I have to get in as much exercise as I can now and bring that deficit up in preparation. Yesterday morning I went to the 35-minute spin class, then did 15 minutes of rowing (very intense, I almost passed out) and then I did 30 minutes of elliptical for a total of 80 minutes. I must have sweat out 2 gallons! But as you can tell, I started my day off with such a motivational bang and such a feeling of accomplishment. Also, I may be a fattie but damn I am in good shape.

Last edited by mtlgirl; 09-15-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:29 PM
FitDay Member

I had a busy busy day yesterday and our producer insisted on taking us out for dinner. We went to an Italian restaurant and I was hoping to order a salad but no such item on the menu. I got linguini with shrimp, as it seemed like the lightest thing on the menu. I skipped the appetizer and the wine so I came in under 1500 calories for the day and burned such a megaload of calories at the gym that I have a 1747 deficit!!! Woohoo!

My Goals:

1. Achieve an average between 1100-1500 calories for the week. M: 1521/1177/ 1281/ 1428
2. Exercise 5 hours. T: 75 mins/ W: 75 mins/ TH: 80 mins (TOTAL so far: 3 hours 50 min hours)
3. Drink min. 1.5 litres of water per day. YES/ YES/ YES/ YES
4. Achieve a deficit of 5000 calories for the week! M: 649/ T: 1603! Woohoo!/ W: 1456/ TH: 1747 (Total so far: 5455) MET THIS GOAL ALREADY!
5. Take my vitamins. YES/ YES/ YES/ YES
6. Sleep 7 hours. NO/ YES/ YES/ NO
7. Average 25-30% protein for the week. M: 27%/ T: 26%/ W: 32%/ 27%
8. Stay off the scale until Friday. YES/ NO/ NO/ YES

Terri, you look awesome in that picture. You're radiant!

Mike, obviously I will be in the PCC club next week but to be totally honest with you, I'm already in that club. I hope that's not too TMI but seriously I drink A LOT of water when I am working. I sit in front of 3 huge monitors, and am surrounded by equipment, like the computer, a mixing board, microphone, etc. For some reason, being so close to all this equipment makes me so thirsty! I chug water all day long so I take a lot of pee breaks, which is actually good for me because it forces me to stretch my legs at the same time. Anyway, I won't be able to check in on the weekend as I will be away so you should come up with some other punishment for me. Maybe I will have to do 6 hours of exercise next week?

Amy, I can't believe that crossing guard!! What an a-hole! He sure does sound like he is losing it. I'm just shocked. You obviously have to fight this but at the same time, I am thinking you need to avoid any confrontation with him. He really does sound like he has a loose screw. (Oh and Mike's idea for Exlax brownies is a good one!)

Cassiefaye, welcome! Congrats on your 3-pound loss. That's a great start!

Darlene, you're doing great, meeting all of your goals this week!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 09-16-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

Morning guys,

Of course went to work out at lunch yesterday and realized that I didn't pack a shirt or shorts. Kinda helps when going to the gym. So just took it easy for once last night since the hubby was stressed out with work and needed to vent and talk. But planning to run another 4 miles tonight.

Good news is that when I weighed myself this morning down another half a pound. So at 155 officially today!

And Mike, I drink so much water at work, I'm always peeing clear. Stay strong everyone. Its already Friday and you just need to make it through the weekend. Wish everyone luck on their journey!
Old 09-16-2011, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator

Ann, congrats on the 155, I was 175 this morning.

Rose, I appreciate you coming up with an idea of a punishment but I'm quite capable of coming up with a worthy one myself. I like the 6 hours of exercise but may need to add something else. Yeah, I'm have you in mind today. Be on your ties! (Bossy enough for ya?) Oh yeah, not too shabby on your calorie goal... I guess.

Have you been reading my hey fattie thread?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-16-2011 at 02:34 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Ann, congrats on the 155, I was 175 this morning.

Have you been reading my hey fattie thread?
Thanks Mike and congrats to you too! We are both kicking ass and taking names this week!

I just happened to see your thread yesterday Mike and its totally true what you say and all the other posters. You make so make excuses in your life to be how you are as far as your health and fitness goes but yet you don't and can't make excuses at work. school. etc. Funny how we all do that to ourselves. But like you stress, you are one who got you to that place in your life and only you can change yourself for the better. Great post and I will read it to keep myself on track and motivated everyday.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Fitness/Health Goals
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes (90oz), W: Yes (96oz), Th: Yes (96oz)
2. work out Weds, Thurs, Fri M/T: N/A, W: 40min, Th: 35min, F: 45min! Done!
3. Walk M-F if not raining M: 35min, T: 24min, W: 24min, Th: raining, F: can't due to work schedule
4. Stop stuffing junk in my mouth M: Yes!, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,

Home/Life Goals
1. Don't kill my son tonight (he got in school suspension today) He is still alive
2. Keep laundry done up M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,

The goals have gone well this week. As always though after today I won't probably be able to check in until Monday. Not to say I will go of course, I just don't get on the internet at home and my phone doesn't like this forum. LOL! I started out this week at 285.6 and this morning weighed in at 283.2

Mike...I drink my water from a bottle when I'm at work. It has a straw. I seem to drink more with a straw. At home though I usually pour a glass. I am already a member of the PCC! Good job on cleaning your car. Mine needs done so bad. I bought it in April and have cleaned the inside once since then and I have nose prints on the inside of the back window from taking the girls to the vet and stuff. Oh and my 'car talk' comes from having a dad who has been a mechanic your whole life and then being married to a mechanic for almost 18 yrs.

Amy...My trouble maker isn't a morning person either. All you need to do is say one wrong word to him and you can set him off. So I play the super happy in the morning mom. LOL That crossing guard sounds like a weirdo. Hope he is safe to be letting the kids cross the road still.

Rose... A fattie? I don't think so. I have seen your picture and no way are you a fattie. Good for you for planning ahead for this weekend with the extra exercise.

Cassie...It's hard to get enough sleep. We usually only get 5 hrs a night during my hubby's work week. I go to bed earlier on nights when he doesn't have to get up in the morning because he stays up until midnight or later. It does wear on your body & mind when you haven't slept enough though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.