Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/5 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/5

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/5

Old 09-10-2011, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator

Default Wanna try out the NEW FitDay???

I'm sure those of y'all that have been here a while have heard the moderators say that we are making changes to improve FitDay. Many of the changes have been done behind the scenes.

Below is an invite for my weekend warriors here to test it out. There will also be a special sub-forum dedicated to the new FitDay that's located under Feedback and Support, please feel free to leave feedback and suggestions there. This is still in the works and we hope to have it completed soon.

As of now this will be available to the first 500 people.

FitDay Free Calorie Counter and Diet Journal:FitDay Beta Test Authorization

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-10-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator

Mike: I hope I count as a weekend warrior, and I clicked on the Beta to sign up. As soon as the forum is open I'd be happy to give you all a rundown of what I think of it!

Cassie: I think you did FANTASTIC just having that one snack, you should be proud of yourself!

Rose: You got the right idea, girl, just chalk it up to a cheat day and move on. The whole bread-basket-on-the-table-staring-at-you thing is really really unfair IMHO. Thanks for your encouragement sweetie, you're an absolute doll! I was just feeling stretched as you say, and saying "no" has always been an issue (but then I get grumpy-pants even while being helpful, and I'm sure that's WORSE than saying no in the first place). Ah well, live and learn. I feel better today.

Mern: I LOVE your signs for the car, way to go for sticking to your guns. Do you think going in person to speak to them about the issue might do any good? Thank you for your encouragement as well - you always have very good advice for me and I took it to heart.

Friday Report Card

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Achieve an average between 1200-1400 calories for the week (no single day over 1600) M: 1,279 T: 1,141 W: 1,793 Th: 1,308 F: 1,149 (Week Average: 1,334)
2) Zumba and/or 30DS 3-4 times. Extra sparkly stickers if I work out 5 times. M: Zumba Cardio Party T: Day off W: Unplanned Day off Th: Unplanned day off F: Didn't get it in
3) Achieve a deficit of at least 5,000 calories M: -1,196 yeah baby! T: -717 W: -65 Th: -550 F: -709 (Week Total: - 3,237)
4) 80 oz. of water daily M: yes T: no (64) W: yes Th: no (48?) F: no idea
5) Eat a serving of fruit or vegetables with every meal M: yes T: yes W: No Th: No F: no
6) Average 30% protein on the pie chart for the week M: 30% T: 34% W: 11% Th: 12% F: 27% (Week Average: 22.8%)
7) No more than 2 lunches and 2 dinners out M: Lunch out T: No eating out W: Lunch out Th: Dinner out F: Dinner out (Total 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners)

Other Life Stuff

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Halfway T: halfway W: Yes Th: yes F: yes (no makeup; irritated skin)
2) Tackle the mending pile (this didn't get done last week) M-F: No
3) Remember to take some "time out time" for myself every day - an hour where I've got some solitude to wind down and relax M: yes T: yes W: eh... Th: No F: a little
4) Book tickets this weekend for wedding! M-F: N/A
5) Get some cross-stitching done - maybe post pictures for encouragement! M-F: None done

Well, I managed to get everything done that I needed to do yesterday except for my workout. Some errands got pushed back an hour (BF had to work late) and I also had to wrestle with my machine at work for longer than I thought I would. I THINK I fixed it, though, or at least the leak that was giving me trouble all day. So I fixed the leak, got the groceries done, gave rides, helped with laundry, and managed to curl up on the couch for a movie with BF. I even ate Chinese, which I haven't in awhile (actually, steamed pork dumplings are pretty awesome calorie-wise!).

I got EVERTHING crossed off the list except for my workout. I did have 45 minutes of downtime at home waiting for BF - I could have worked out quickly, but I was honestly really bushed and I curled up on the couch with a book. I think I was better for it. I needed to turn my brain off, and the exercise was feeling like yet another obligation instead of something I was looking forward to.

Once I'm done with this update, though, it's time for some Cardio Party!! If I work out today and tomorrow I can still meet my minimum exercise goal AND I think I can still hit my 5k calorie goal if I'm rigorous this weekend - I need to hit a 900 deficit for each day. I can totally do this.

Thank you everyone for your wonderful support and commiseration A lot of the times I feel like I'm complaining about small things, but I know there's no judgment here, and it really helps me vent. I have trouble letting it out in non-written form; most of the time I tend to keep everything bottled up. It feels good to steam in whatever way I can.

Happy Weekend!

~Terri
Old 09-10-2011, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

Terri yep, all of y'all count. The forums have been open but it may take you 24 hrs to view them.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I want to try the new Fitday but I just get a "Page Not Found" when I click on the link.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

Hmm I'm on the road right now. I'll check it when I get back or maybe someone else can post the link.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

FitDay Free Calorie Counter and Diet Journal:FitDay Beta Test Authorization
Old 09-10-2011, 06:03 AM
FitDay Member

Cool! That works. Thanks Mike!
Old 09-10-2011, 09:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Saturday check-in

Well I made up for yesterday! Today I went to the one-hour spin class in the morning and then had an adventurous, touristy day, taking a boat ride, visiting 2 museums and an art gallery and walking for miles!

Still my efforts are not quite measuring up to my goals. My weekly average for calories is a little over and I haven't hit the protein goal. Damn. I will try to make up for it tomorrow! Maybe I can salvage the week?

My goals this week:

1. Achieve an average between 1100-1400 calories for the week. M: 1476/ T: 1213/ W: 1379/ TH: 1371/F: 1704/ 1359 (Average so far: 1417)
2. Exercise 5 times. M: 1X/T: 1X/W: 1X/ TH: 1X/ S: 1X (total so far: 5)
3. Drink min. 1.5 litres of water per day. YES/ YES/ YES/ YES/ YES/ YES
4. Achieve a deficit of 7000 calories for the week! M: 946/ T: 1508/W: 1173/ TH: 1401/ F: 497/ S: 1429(total so far: 6951)
5. Take my vitamins. YES/ YES/ YES/ YES/ YES/ YES
6. Sleep 7 hours. YES/ YES/ YES/ YES/ YES/ YES
7. Average 30% protein for the week. M: 28%/T: 34%/ W: 28%/ 32%/ 24%/ 26% Average so far: 28.6%

Terri, wow talk about resilient! I'm so impressed with you and with your commitment to get everything done and nail your goals despite the obstacles. Way to go! It's so great how supportive our little thread is!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 09-10-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Terri, I always enjoy reading your check-ins and posts. I think this is a great place to discharge the frustrations, both big and small. I'm glad it's the weekend and you can finally relax; hope you pumped it out to Dance Party and got a good workout in today also. Bet it felt good to get all those things crossed off your list !

Rose, you are indeed correct; you've been pretty flawless, and I'm glad to see you not beating yourself up over the bread. I know it's probably more important to you as a low-carber than to me, but in the long run you'll more than balance that out. Great job on the spinning and especially on the willpower of holding off on the desserts!

Mike, I feel for ya, bro. I echo that those extra pounds will come off quickly and you know what it takes, so I'm sure you'll be successful in no time! Glad you enjoyed your vacation, though; that's really what it's all about.

Yunalee, you will get a day where you achieve all your goals. Just take one step at a time. Do you think planning meals ahead of time will keep you from going for the takeout food? You're right; unless you're really careful, that will definitely sabotage weight loss. You've got a lot of people here with good experience; let us know if there's anything specific we can help with!

I had a good day today, started off doing the 5 mile trail with the hubby (except he walks, so I jogged slowly). It took us an hour and a half this time, but I'll go back out Monday and push through a run like I did last weekend. I had though of going tomorrow but it's part of a national park / historical battlefield and there are patriotic activities planned for most of the day. I got a lot accomplished from the to-do list and was able to watch a lot of tennis . And now it's time for bed because I'm out of calories!!

1. Calories capped at 1300. 1275, 1278, 1295, 1299 (seriously,) 1461, 1301
2. Follow my pie chart rules (a reasonable macro balance, 25 g fiber, unsat fat twice the percentage of sat fat). Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Sleep at least 7 hours per night. Yes, Yes, Yes, No, No (but close), Yes, plus an extra half hour, lol
4. 72 oz. water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes No...in court on the stand most of the morning and that's not conducive to potty breaks, but it's really no excuse), Yes
5. Exercise 6 times. Yes, Yes, Yes, No, Yes, Yes
6. Do shoulder rehab exercises daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No, Yes
7. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
8. Post daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
Old 09-11-2011, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, it looks like you're having a great week all around vey good on the calorie cap. I take it that mentally you're feeling much better this week. I'm glad that we're not going to have to have you committed to the nut hut. Keep up the great work.

Everyone else, I'm sorry that I haven't been commenting much or very active.

Next week will be a new week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.