Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Old 08-30-2011, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Mern, I think you need to make a sign for the bathroom that reads "When it's yellow let it mellow, when it's brown flush it down", in response to DH's new toilet flushing policy. That and get a new giant toilet side trash can, maybe one with wheels and a tight fitting lid.
DH is still out of the house. I laughed so hard at your post, Amy, that my computer chair was shaking.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator

WOW this thread is 8 pages long in a day!! Okay, trying to catch up, I hope I get everyone!

Lizzie: Girl, I hope you enjoy your vacation!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Mern: Hi!! Missed you My visit with my friend really was wonderful. I think it's easier to get along with guys -- with girls you often get the "girl drama" and things getting blown out of proportion all the time. I prefer laid-back people since I'm a little prone to anxiety, and guys calm me down a lot. Then again, I miss that female time too, cause goodness knows, some things are almost impossible to talk about with 20-something males! Hahaha about your bras. Pft! I bet you look smokin! As part of my "girl time" I got fitted for new bras and I've lost a cup again -- I started at a 38DD and I'm now a 38C. Curious to me that I'm losing cups but not chest inches. I guess I'm just chesty? I love that you looked up the meaning for juju! I have a friend from the Caribbean and she uses the phrase all the time; it's totally grown on me. Big hugs right back!

Mike: BIG CONGRATS TO YOU on that 169! Right on the dot, man! You're so inspirational! (and I think I see a little less on the stomach in your picture? Nice work!) Too bad TSA didn't feel you up - was a part of you deep inside looking forward to it? (Or maybe just looking forward to a fight? lol!). LOL @ Depends and Banana hammock!

Tanya: Welcome!! Sounds like you're off to a great start. Tendonitis is terrible, you're wise to ease in. Every little bit helps. I think fresh salso totally DOES count as a veggie, IMHO

Mary: Look at you, losing on vacation! Whoo-ee, good going! I'm trying to get my water back on track too. Must feel great to be back on your bike

KLLOVESMF: Welcome! We've all been there, looking at the numbers staring us in the face and crying (or wanting to cry). Your calorie goals are aggressive, but as long as you feel comfortable eating that number of cals, more power to you!

Ang: Seriously, this thread is nuts! I'm not sure I've ever seen it this busy!

Hope: Makeovers are awesome! After cleaning out the mess Irene left you, you definitely deserve a day like that! Big hugs for you and I hope the worst of all that flooding is over for you! It's sort of amazing how an act of nature can come through and just tear our precious things down and away from us. It makes you realize a lot of things. So sorry for the loss of pics, mementos, and your wedding dress!!

Rose: Maybe I will take a picture in the Mad Men dress for you all -- maybe tonight, actually, since I think I'm tacklilng a bunch of laundry so I'll be around the clothes! I'll see if I can get BF to photo-shoot, lol, since I'm terrible at taking pictures of myself. It's lovely and purple and grey! Stupid Aunt Flo ruins everything. You know, when I was burning 7,000 a week fairly regularly I almost never lost the 2 lbs. per week. It was always something like... .5 lbs, 1 lb. and then like 3.5 lbs. randomly one week so it evened out. But if your clothes are fitting better, that's way more of an indicator! So what's this documentary about? Also, sorry to hear about your sleeping problems -- I hope that you can figure out something to get you to sleep better. I have trouble turning my brain "off" too, but having a sleeping routine really helps me. And hey, don't knock meditation -- it works!! You just have to train yourself into it.

Cassie: Good to see you too! Sorry to read about your medical issues! Oh no! I hope that your appointment went well!

almeeker: Oh man, you sound like me when I drink - I'm so loopy and I forget I can't hold my liquor like I used to, lol! But you have to be bad sometimes and keep the bananas dancing, right? I used to think shopping therapy was not real, but boy, am I a convert!

quinn: ACK! Sorry to hear about your hacking problem! I hope that the damage is minimal...
Old 08-30-2011, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator

Monday Report Card

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Achieve an average between 1200-1400 calories for the week (no single day over 1600) M: 1,375 (Week Average: 1,375)
2) Zumba and/or 30DS 3-4 times this week. Extra sparkly stickers if I work out 5 times. M: Zumba Beginners Workout
3) Achieve a deficit of at least 5,000 calories M: -802 (Week Total: -802)
4) 80 oz. of water daily M: yes
5) Eat a serving of fruit or vegetables with every meal M: No (dinner)
6) Average 30% protein on the pie chart for the week M: 29% (Week Average 29%)
7) No more than 2 lunches and 2 dinners out M: Lunch Out (Total: 1 Lunch, 0 Dinners)

Other Life Stuff

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Yes
2) Tackle the clothing piles!! M: No
3) Tackle the mending pile M: No
4) Book tickets to BFF's wedding in October M: No

Dinner sort of got away from me yesterday - we had like no food in the house (how do I always let this happen?!) so we ate dinner late and it was a throw-together of leftovers. I did go grocery shopping, but I was pretty beat after working out and didn't feel like cooking, so the microwave was my friend. I still stayed within calorie limits, though, so I won't beat myself up too much for forgetting a veggie. I don't know about anyone else, but yesterday was a complete blur for me. Hoping to re-focus today and use my time well!

Happy Tuesday!

~Terri
Old 08-30-2011, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

It's funny I love being active however I still can easily slide into couch potato mode. One of the things I love about fitday is being able to log in my activities. That extra little reward is sometimes the motivator I need to get out on my bike or swim in the bay. Yesterday it worked to get me swiming as it was on my goal list and the water felt great after cutting the grass. Today my goal is to make it to the Y -- for exercise -- not just for the meeting I have to attend later. Lets see if this commitment motivates me. It's hard to get back after 2 weeks off. Food going well. Enjoying eating real food. Have Tilapia thawing for tonight. WEnt fishing last night for first time in years however nothing was biting. We are in the middle of a salmon derby and it was great to be out on the water for a couple hours at sunset. I'm not sure how I would have dealt with a 16 pound salmon if one had bit. Luckily there was one real fisherman on the boat who likely would have taken over. Mary
Old 08-30-2011, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

good morning! omigosh, y'all are a chatty bunch! LOL I wish I had time to go back and respond to everyone's posts, but I have to get some work done this morning.

BTW, sorry about all of the erratic capitalization: I use dictation software instead of typing to minimize the strain on my left hand, and I'm too lazy to go back and fix capitalization for something casual like an online forum. LOL

my foot is actually feeling better today—last night I put a cold pack on it and kept it propped up, and I took 800 mg (Rx strength) of ibuprofen. So I'm back to it being sore but not feeling totally mangled. hey, I'll take whatever progress I can get! monthly membership at the rec center is only $24 for city residents, so I think I'll go ahead and spring for that. (of course, I'll also have to spring for a swimsuit that fits, but what the heck, right? LOL) I'm probably also going to buy a portable ultrasound therapy device (1 MHz)—about 6 years ago I actually wrote the U.S. Army Medical Department Center & School's online course on occupational therapy, including the use of ultrasound as a healing modality, but I didn't think of it until yesterday when I googled “extensor tendinitis treatments” and one of the top results that popped up was for ultrasound. DUH. Extra benefit there is I can use it for the RSI in my hand, too.

And now I have to get to work—I'm not a graphic designer, but today I get to pretend. LOL I'll check back in again later. best of luck to everyone on sticking with your goals today—we can do this! xoxo
Old 08-30-2011, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, on the STOOOPID girl act--DH doesn't catch that because he's like my Uncle Frank and like his own father. They just THINK they're smarter than my Aunt Patty and DH's mother. We three women just let them yap and then do things the way WE want anyway. I don't do caffeine except for the small amount in my two pieces of sugar free dark chocolate miniatures per night. I exercise now and don't know whether insomnia is a family trait or not. I know I'm not pregnant. Boy, wouldn't THAT aggravate DH! LOL Oh, that's SCARY about your Dad being on that poor excuse for a drug narcotic for RLS. Why is it that the FDA approves drugs that help the targeted symptom, but cause life threatening side effects????? OK, no need to answer that rhetorical question--boils down to money and who in the FDA has stock in which pharmaceutical company. Although I rarely exercise at night, that certainly is a good tip--surely that would be more energizing and keep one awake longer. Now LAST night I woke up more because of drinking so much water so late, but that's not my usual experience. My normal night's rest is five hours of broken sleep which includes two bathroom trips and waking another couple of times to change positions or because I'm a light sleeper and a car went by, stuff like that.

Terri, It's always good to talk with you, too. Looks to me like you did a pretty darned good job for dinner yesterday with the limitations of the food you had on hand. So congrats on doing that well. My biggest problem occurs when I have no dark green low carb veggies in the house or just borderline carb veggies such as tomatoes or brussels sprouts-not exactly low, but lowER carb. I often wind up slightly over in carbs for the day, but not bad enough to feel like I failed the whole day. About friends: those are the same reasons my daughter and granddaughter have more male than female friends. Here's a really prejudicial position, though--my almost 16 year old granddaughter will not have a boyfriend that goes to her school or lives nearby because "they're all stupid and immature." LOL Yeah, if my daughter needs to take with some female issue, it's usually with me because she has so few girlfriends and the ones she does have she doesn't see very often. Well, maybe a few old geezers might think I look smokin' in my new bras, but to me it looks like I'm wearing "falsies." If I get any wolf whistles from old farts, I'll be running in the other direction. LOL I'm still a 40D after losing 38 1/2 lbs. --I think that's odd. I really need to lose some on top but for right now my big belly and butt take priority. When I get those more under control I'll check out the other machines at the Y that will help me achieve that. Just don't care to add those toning exercises at this time. Now wouldn't THAT be a great topic of discussion with your male friends. If nothing else, they'd at least act "supportive." LOL Bouncing back hugs to ya.

Last edited by Mern; 08-30-2011 at 04:00 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Mary you are always so inspiring to me on exercise. I love tilapia and have discovered a new fish called Swai (from around Vietnam) and it has become my second favorite next to cod. The Swai tastes a lot like tilapia but at least for now is less expensive at only $2.99 per pound. Great idea--I'll start some Swai thawing for our dinner tonight. And put on a pot of fresh green beans, too.

Tanya, it's so hard to keep up with this yacky bunch o' pals. I don't know how you and Amy (Almeeker) do so well at it with a husband and three kids! You are not expected to reply to everyone anyway. We just all do the best we can at checking in daily and being supportive when we have time to do so. I don't pay any attention to stuff like erratic capitalization. I don't use dictation software and am aware that I use too many dashes and run-on sentences. I just figure everyone is understanding, so I don't even bother to apologize. LOL Glad you're feeling better, and heck yeah, you really earned a new swimsuit. I'm glad you feel you can swing the $24 per month for the gym membership. My DH had ultrasound when he got vertibrae in his back out of place and it did him a world of good.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Yo, Mike! Where are ya now and what are you doing?

How are your feet right now?

What will you be doing between now and Saturday? And what time on Saturday is the race?

If you run into Duff Goldman, the Ace of Cakes from the Food Network,in Baltimore, tell him his fan Mern says hello and please send her a free $1500 carby cake. LOL
Old 08-30-2011, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Just checking in quickly after skimming through; you all have had a good time this morning! Sorry to have missed it.

I had a horrible day yesterday but hope to be back on track today. Haven't made the best choices so far but it's not too late to turn it around. I didn't log yesterday bcs I couldn't figure out how to do the Mexican I had for lunch (mistake, I should have guessed at it), then to compensate for lunch I went too light on dinner = waaaaaay too much unnecessary snacking in the evening. But I'm determined to shake it off after a day, not after two weeks, my most recent trick. It's a little hard because I'm a ball of nerves this week, but I know I can do it.

Hope you all are well; was good to read how you're doing and I wish I had time to jump into the conversation; will try to chat later .
Old 08-30-2011, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone. Had a good workout today at lunch and still sticking to my healthy eating plan. I think I am finally getting it through my thick head to really think of this weight loss journey as my new lifestyle. People always say that but I never really felt it before...probably why I always gain and lose 25 pounds over and over again. But I am very positive this time and want to stop this crazy cycle.

Glad to see everyone is doing well and if you are struggling, today or tomorrow is a new day so move and start again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.