FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/5086-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-8-29-a.html)

canary52 09-02-2011 08:50 AM

Rose, I am so excited for you! The Tate is awesome; you are gonna love it. Never mind the dinner party (tho we would love to have you, with or without dessert or wine): I'm coming with you!

Also you are doing great on your goals; you're an inspiration.

I am going for an acupuncture/healing treatment on Sunday. Then I will be able to walk again and the eating will settle down too. Meanwhile I'm gonna keep trying tho I did hit the sugar free chocolate kinda hard today.

almeeker 09-02-2011 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Hunny24 (Post 55526)
As long as you don't mind wearing the 36 D's I have while running...have at it!!!

ROFLOL, okay Mike you're going to have to woMAN-Up to run!!!

almeeker 09-02-2011 02:15 PM

Sorry I've been off-line the last 2 days. DH has Friday's off regularly and with the kids home from school still, it always feels like Saturday instead of Friday. I spent most of the day at the mall doing BTS shopping with the kiddos. We're done with that now, okay maybe they could use a few more things, but the wallet is flush out of funds. Ugh, it's soooo expensive this time of year, between the school supplies, the sports photos, the fund raisers, etc etc, I'm all tapped out and it's not even fully rolling yet.

Terri that dress is the bomb, and if it gets too big on you, come up and visit and I'll give it a tuck. $100 was a bargain for a classic dress like that.

Mern, you go right ahead and be a little full of yourself, you've earned it.

Mike, hopefully the rain won't be too bad.

I have more to say but the kiddos need to be put to bed and that's always an ordeal. G'night.

mommiepretty 09-02-2011 02:37 PM

@Terri congrats on the interview! I'm sure you did just fine. Psychology Today isn't exactly small potatoes, either—colour me impressed!

@Hope where we're going is so much more important than where we've been :) someone I trust and respect very much told me that as I was in the process of making some major changes in my personal life that had nothing to do with health or food, so you're absolutely right that the windscreen/rear view mirror thing applies to just about anything in life. And thank you for the compliment—I have a tendency to be rather impatient, especially with myself, but I'm working on that.

@Rose I really appreciate your encouragement, thanks! <3 I guess I hadn't thought of 4 laps being much of an improvement, but 4 is more than 0! lol and wow, two 5Ks?? I don't know that I'll ever manage that (I seriously hate running), but I'll come up with some more fitness goals to shoot for, I just have to give it some more thought. And in the mean time I can watch all of y'all and continue to be inspired and motivated :) Enjoy your trip to London! I haven't been since I was a child, but it's on my "bucket list" to go back. BTW, totally off-topic here: I don't know if you're a Whovian, but Rose is one of my favourite companions ;) "I'm looking for a blonde in a Union Jack. A specific one, mind you, I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving." {G}

so I totally blew it on calories again today (not much of a deficit at all), but at least I was expecting it. I'd planned a "pizza picnic" for dinner—our kids love having an indoor picnic and watching a movie while we eat, so we do that maybe once a month. I'm not going to beat myself up over it (thanks, y'all!), but I'm mindful of it. I don't want to get in the habit of negotiating with food; I do want to develop healthy habits that kick my metabolism back into overdrive so my body works FOR me (like it used to) instead of against me. So while I'm trying to be more conscious of what I eat (I'm fueling a Bugatti, not a broken-down go-cart, so what I eat should be worthy of me), I'm focusing on slowly and carefully transitioning from couch potato to active and fit, "slowly and carefully" being mainly a function of not aggravating injuries, both existing and previous.

Hub and I have a fairly full weekend planned with our family and extended family, so I probably won't have time to post much, but I'll keep using the logs and might poke my head in the forums really quick if I can manage it. Y'all have a fabulous weekend!! :) xoxo

Kumochi 09-02-2011 11:38 PM

[QUOTE=mommiepretty;. I don't want to get in the habit of negotiating with food; I do want to develop healthy habits that kick my metabolism back into overdrive so my body works FOR me (like it used to) instead of against me. So while I'm trying to be more conscious of what I eat (I'm fueling a Bugatti, not a broken-down go-cart, so what I eat should be worthy of me),

Thanks for posting that Tanya. I need to remind myself of that as well. I've been slipping the last few days and need to remember that it's much easier when I don't negaotiate with food everyday. I may give myself the next 3 days off then get back on the train for fall, I already have the fluid gain from my indulgeneces of the last couple days. I'm wondering if my consumption of a few werthers led to the cravings and overeating. I don't usually have them but they stock them at one of the places I had to work this week and I didn't resist them.

Too many familiy activities over the next few days to even try to lose. Keeping a limit on the excesses and getting some exercisewill be my goal.

Mary

Hunny24 09-03-2011 01:12 AM

Hi everyone. Took yesterday off from working out since I worked out everyday Sunday-Thursday. But hoping to go out for a run shortly if it doesn't rain. Planning to work out today-Tuesday and then off on vacation. Which will be a much needed break from work since even though I currently work part time so I can be home with my daughter, it's a full time job. But the people I work with are great so it makes for some fun days when I go into work. Hope everyone will have a nice relaxing weekend and stay strong until the new week comes around.

01gt4.6 09-03-2011 01:32 AM

Good morning ladies! I haven't been able to keep up too well here but just wanted to congratulate everyone that's doing well and give the others a swift kick in the ass. I'm not the best at giving out cyber hugs.

I have one (well more than one) question... where in the hell is Quinn? Hasn't she been MIA? I have an excuse, I'm on vacation but did any of y'all go out looking for her or call in a search team?

Quinn, if you're out there reading this, I just want you to know that if I weren't on vacation, I'd be out looking for you! I hope that you gave advance notice that you'd be missing. This is like a code Adam. I'm at walmart, turn my back for a second and poof, you are gone. I hope that you are okay and not being held hostage while being forced to eat twinkies and Bon bons. I was just thinking about you, I just rolled out of bed and now I'm baking a rum cake. I was thinking about you BECAUSE OF THE RUM CAKE part!

cjohnson728 09-03-2011 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 55653)
Good morning ladies! I haven't been able to keep up too well here but just wanted to congratulate everyone that's doing well and give the others a swift kick in the ass. I'm not the best at giving out cyber hugs.

I have one (well more than one) question... where in the hell is Quinn? Hasn't she been MIA? I have an excuse, I'm on vacation but did any of y'all go out looking for her or call in a search team?

Quinn, if you're out there reading this, I just want you to know that if I weren't on vacation, I'd be out looking for you! I hope that you gave advance notice that you'd be missing. This is like a code Adam. I'm at walmart, turn my back for a second and poof, you are gone. I hope that you are okay and not being held hostage while being forced to eat twinkies and Bon bons. I was just thinking about you, I just rolled out of bed and now I'm baking a rum cake. I was thinking about you BECAUSE OF THE RUM CAKE part!

Mike, she posted a few days ago that she was taking some day trips with the family and wouldn't be on much.

01gt4.6 09-03-2011 02:02 AM

Okay, so I don't need to cal John Walsh then? How have you been doing?

cjohnson728 09-03-2011 02:11 AM

Crazy busy this week; hope to be posting over the weekend some but it's still crazy. Totally out of my comfort zone here but sometimes that's a good thing.

Good luck on your run tomorrow! I was just thinking about you...I read something about a product called BandAid Blister Block. Not sure if it's very similar to Body Glide but it might be worth looking at.

Hope Slidell doesn't get washed away; looks like Louisiana is in for it again...