FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/5086-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-8-29-a.html)

quinnesec 08-28-2011 11:59 PM

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Good Morning!

Ready to start a fresh new week? :D The slate has been wiped clean and you have a bright new week fill in how ever you chose. Have to fit into that fall wardrobe soon! Are you ready? :)

My goals remain pretty much the same as they seem to be working. A little slip yesterday, but you just have to be bad once in a while, right? ;)

1. Calories around 1200.
2. Walk daily, weather permitting.
3. 64-96 oz. of water a day.
4. More fruits and veggies; less bread!
5. Grade your food choices for the day... be honest!

bojibridge 08-29-2011 12:58 AM

I'm in!

1.) Under 1600 calories/day
2.) Drink more water!
3.) Eat more fruits/veggies

almeeker 08-29-2011 01:05 AM

I'm in. I was rather terrible over the weekend, but in my own defense my nephew got married on Saturday. So there was out-of-town company here starting Thursday night, the last of which are leaving for the airport in an hour. I did alright on Friday, but Saturday was BAD (stayed away from the cake pretty much, but not the open bar)! And Sunday was WORSE (leftovers, beer, pie and ice cream)!

Health Goals:

1. Calories 1,400 (wish me luck)
2. Exercise 7 hours
3. Water 100 oz
4. Deficit 3,500 for the week
5. Keep protein at or above 25%

Non Health Goals:

1. Housework, 30 min/day + 1 load of laundry.
2. Finish BTS shopping.
3. Clean out dressers.
4. Weed garden, get veggies picked.
5. Clean out & organize coupon binder.
6. Pick blueberries and make jam.
7. Pick peaches and make jam.

That's enough. I gotta go, it's time to pick up the kids and get my bro to the airport.

cjohnson728 08-29-2011 01:09 AM

Hey Mike, can you merge threads? There was actually one started by Rose over on "England time" earlier today and I don't want her stuff to get lost!

Morning, everyone! Hope it's going to be a great week!

I'm also leaving goals largely unchanged. As they say, if it ain't broke...

1. Calories capped at 1300.
2. Follow my pie chart rules (a reasonable macro balance, 25 g fiber, healthy fat twice the percentage of sat fat).
3. Sleep at least 7 hours per night.
4. 72 oz. water daily.
5. Exercise 6 times.
6. Do shoulder rehab exercises daily.

I was pretty much all or nothing with goals last week; hopefully this week I can tighten up the ones that fell off the cliff! I did slam through a huge to-do list over the weekend, though, so that feels good.

Finally gave up and called the doctor and am going in today to see if I can shake the last vestiges of this crud...

Have a great day, everyone!

Hunny24 08-29-2011 01:11 AM

Morning everyone. Well I was able to run 4 miles yesterday morning...had to stop a walk a few times near the end since I haven't run that much outside lately. But overall, still happy with that. In a week or so, I'll be able to run it non-stop so trying to achieve that goal. I was down another half pound yesterday morning but after the run, we had family over for dinner and had two glasses of wine and more carbs that I think to count. So I didn't even weight myself this morning. Going to hit the gym at lunch and eat healthy all day. So I'll check the scale tomorrow morning and see what the damage is.

Goals for the week:

Workout at gym on lunch - 3 days this week
Run outside - 2 days this week
Have carbs only at breakfast and lunch, not dinner.
Stay within 1200 calories for the day

Hope everyone has a great start to their week!

Mern 08-29-2011 01:19 AM

Cassie, how is your family on the east coast?

This week's goals a little different pending approval of doctor this coming Thursday, although I don't believe there's anything to which she would object. Made good progress on reducing my triglycerides but have more to go. I'd like to increase my fish oil from 2000mg to 3000 or 4000 with her approval and lower my sat fat. Increasing my fiber and veggies should also help bring down the triglycerides more. I started out today with a breakfast of 3 servings of cooked spinach with two tablespoons of roasted red pepper sauce and a 1/2 cup of coffee so I could use just half the cream I enjoy. And it was a really yummy, satisfying breakfast for me. :)

Fish oil and vitamin D
Exercise 5 days
Calorie limit still 1600
Saturated fat limit 10% calories (down from avg. of 13%)
Carbs less fiber limit still 25g
Fiber target 30g per day (up from 24.9g average)
Veggies and fruit 6-7 servings per day (that's up, too)

Water 64 oz.
Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day
Sugar free candy limit 2 miniatures per day

Lizards13 08-29-2011 01:25 AM

I'm in for today but then I will be AWOL for over two weeks, So my goals are going to cover that period.
1. Eat as healthily as possible, avoiding tempting desserts MOST evenings
2. Limit the alcohol intake, ( I know what I am like on holidays with cocktails, beer and wine)
3. Walk lots and lots
4 . Swim whenever I get the opportunity
5. No snacking between meals, or stopping for a beer.
6. Drink lots of water
7. Try to come home with as small a weight gain as possible.

General
ENJOY MY TRIP.

Cassie. You seem to have found your mojo again

Mern. Continue to enjoy your houseguest, but take a little time for yourself

Mike. Hopefully your back will settle, chronic pain is so draining and it's difficult sometimes to know what treatment path to choose.

Rose. You sound like a human dynamo at the moment, where do you get your energy?
Can you send me a jar of it please.

Will really miss your support over the next few weeks, everybody do well, keep logging and chatting and I'll catch up soon. BFN

Mern 08-29-2011 01:52 AM

Lizzie, enjoy your vacation and just try to keep your indulgences in moderation as often as possible. :)

Thanks--things are working out really well with live-in granddaughter so far and her being here doesn't cut back on my precious ME time.

Amy, good luck with those 1400 calories. That's tough, but I know you can do it. :)

Mern 08-29-2011 02:00 AM

Bits and pieces replies here but THIS time I have an excuse--mind is half on this and half on planning the day with 7 year old grandson.

Cassie, in addition to wishing your family on the east coast well, I hope you feel better soon with your shoulder and "crud."

Ann, congrats on your weight loss and exercise!

taubele 08-29-2011 02:06 AM

Morning everyone! Happy Monday.

I feel like I should respond to both this thread and Rose's thread just to be sure, but there are more replies here, so we'll see how it goes!

So I've been AWOL for a couple of weeks while I got my head together; I also had a very good friend visiting for most of last week, and I simply wasn't near a computer. And boy, did her visit invigorate me! I didn't log food while she was here but just kept trying to make good choices. She also took me shopping, getting hair done, the whole 9 yards. I tend towards male friends (and/or tomboys) but this particular friend of mine is pretty girly-girl; getting her perspective on things surprisingly helped me way more than I expected. I feel really re-charged. Clothing shopping also helped a ton -- I even splurged a little on a Mad Men-style dress (60s) that I must say... looks fantastically killer on me. I never thought I would have ever looked good in a pencil skirt, but I was smokin!!

Started logging again on Friday and it seems like I'm doing well.

Good things that happened while I was away:
  • I fit into a size 10 dress at a boutique store :eek: I ended up not buying it (too expensive and it didn't hit me right - it made my boobs look weird!) but that was pretty awesome
  • I got a lot of time to breathe and re-evaluate my life and what I want from it
  • I focused really well on work
  • I got Zumba and it is FUN (and I sweat buckets!)
  • I found my zen-happy place

Bad things that happened while I was away:
  • I missed everyone here terribly! I thought about you all every day and was trying to send good vibes/good juju

So I am back and raring to go! I finally stepped on the scale this morning for the first time in a couple weeks and to my delight, I am back down to 168.4, which is almost exactly the lowest weight I was before I took my mental/spiritual break (which is what I decided it was!!!) I spent a lot of time yesterday thinking about my goals and this is what I've come up with:

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Achieve an average between 1200-1400 calories for the week (no single day over 1600)
2) Zumba and/or 30DS 3-4 times this week. Extra sparkly stickers if I work out 5 times.
3) Achieve a deficit of at least 5,000 calories
4) 80 oz. of water daily
5) Eat a serving of fruit or vegetables with every meal
6) Average 30% protein on the pie chart for the week
7) No more than 2 lunches and 2 dinners out

Other Life Stuff

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day
2) Tackle the clothing piles!!
3) Tackle the mending pile
4) Book tickets to BFF's wedding in October

I've lessened my deficit goals just a tad from how they were before -- I think that part of my problem before was that I was holding myself to a standard that was more easily reachable when I was bigger; it might be that I blow the goal out of the water (here's hoping!) or find it still too difficult, but for now, I think these are more doable (and I can always re-assess later).

I also want to say a special thanks to those of you that sent me private messages while I was away, asking how I was and rooting for me while I was going through a really rough motivational patch. I was humbled and flattered and I felt very cared for. It meant more to me than I can say, so a big thanks and a big hug to one and all :)

~Terri

Mern 08-29-2011 02:08 AM

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY ROSE. I'M JUST COPYING IT HERE SO IT WON'T GET MISSED.

Rose, sweetie, I know your opening the thread simply got overlooked.

Today, 02:14 AM #2 (permalink)
mtlgirl
FitDay Member

OK, I'll go first.

I am totally sore from yesterday's brutal workout session with the trainer at my gym. Ouch. But I can't say I don't feel proud that I got up early on a Sunday morning to trek out to the gym for 2 back-to-back intense workouts. I'll only know later tonight if my efforts of the past week have paid off but I can already feel a difference in my jeans so I'm hopeful!

My goals:

1. Eat below 1300 calories.
2. Drink min. 2 litres of water per day.
3. Take my vitamins.
4. Exercise 6 times.
5. Balance the pie chart.
6. Get to sleep by 11pm.
7. Achieve a 7000 calorie deficit!
current weight: 176
total weight loss: 22 pounds
goal weight: 145
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...?Owner=mtlgirl

__________________________________________________ _______

Today, 02:08 AM #1 (permalink)
mtlgirl
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/29/2011
Good morning Motivators!

Welcome to the first day of a brand new week of goal smashing! I am totally ready to make last week eat my dust. How about you?

Let's make Monday morning our best friend and the perfect time to amp up those goals for the week. We're so lucky to have this place where we can share our ups and downs and more than a few laughs. Seriously you ladies & Mike are the best!

Have an amazing day, Everyone!
current weight: 176
total weight loss: 22 pounds
goal weight: 145
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...?Owner=mtlgirl

Mern 08-29-2011 02:30 AM

Rose, wow! Your gym workouts were amazing--on a Sunday morning, no less! You go girl! And another wow on feeling the difference in your jeans! Sometimes it's inches and feelings that are most gratifying. :) I just love your encouraging "Let's make Monday morning our best friend and the perfect time to amp up those goals for the week.

Terri, hi! That is wonderful that you had the fun visit with your friend. Sounds like it really did you a lot of good. Ooh, congrats on looking smokin' hot in your pencil skirt! That is so cool. Most of my daughter's friends are males, too, as are my almost 17 year old granddaughter's. My new bras make my boobs look weird--but it's just that they're a little too perky for a short, obese, 65 year old. LOL I'm so glad you acquired more happy experiences while you were not checking in. That's super! Good juju--hmm, my age is showing--first time I heard that, but I get your drift. :p More doable goals are always wise--congrats and best wishes on those. And, of course, big hug to ya!

01gt4.6 08-29-2011 02:33 AM

Mern, thanks for putting up her post. I closed her thread while on the road b/c there were 2 threads open and this one had the most activity. I was going to move her post her when I got to a computer but you beat me to it.:D

This morning was my official weigh in. I came in exactly at 169.0 on the nose. I'll post the pics and graph later.

My goal for the week. (short & sweet)
1) complete 1/2 marathon in 3 hours & 16 minutes

Mern 08-29-2011 02:59 AM

Oh, Mike, I know you have a good heart. I figured you were just busy and didn't have time to move Rose's post.

Woohoo! Major congrats on that 169! Way to go, Mike!

01gt4.6 08-29-2011 03:23 AM

Tsa

I fly out tomorrow and if any of the TSA perverts look and me like the guy did at the hottub at the gym, there will be a fight. No touching my junk Mr. TSA :p

http://images9.cpcache.com/nocache/p...olor-Black.jpg

brandismom1990 08-29-2011 03:36 AM

Can't keep up, can't keep up!!!

This thread is rocking. I am reading and sending positive thoughts to everyone achieving their goals!

Have to run, but BBL to post my weeks goals here. Lizzie -- have a great holiday!!

Ang

mommiepretty 08-29-2011 04:21 AM

Hi! Newbie here :) I'm even more out of shape than I thought (that's SO scary!!), so I'm really taking things slowly incorporating exercise back into my daily routine, especially since I'm still having a problem with my left foot (tendinitis). I started my little guided bodyweight workout this morning and was only able to do 25% of it before I started getting shaky. How embarrassing!! No wonder my health problems are starting to pile up :o

I just started tracking my food yesterday, but I tried to eat normally (including snacks) to see where that puts me. I came in at just over 1600 calories, with macro nutrient ratios at 56:38:7, which is pretty close to the USDA's "traditional" ratios (60:30:10), but we had a meatless dinner last night (pasta with pesto), so that probably skewed things a bit. I'm going to keep tracking my food and see where I average out for a week, a fortnight, etc.

Here are some very basic goals for me for this week:
1. Stop stepping on the scale! It's not moving right now, and no amount of staring at it is going to make it move. All I'm doing is depressing myself. Instead, focus on how my clothes fit — imagine how good it will feel as they get loose and I can fit into my old clothes again! :)
2. Add more fruits/veggies, especially as snacks — right now I have baby carrots, cherries, nectarines, and apples to snack on. (Does fresh salsa count as veggies??)
3. Stick with my little "baby gorilla" workout until I can get through the entire Level 1 Day 1 routine in one session without feeling like I'm going to collapse or shake to pieces. Go slowly and be patient so I don't re-injure myself.

~~Tanya

Kumochi 08-29-2011 05:19 AM

Hi all I'm back from holidays and feeling motivated. It is good to read all your posts. I managed not to gain while away and in fact I may have lost some fat. My weight was 1 pound less than when I left my first day back and has dropped 2 pounds by being back on track. I knew my fluid balance was off because of all the crackers, cold meats and cheese I ate while away and the fact I didn't drink my usual amount of water. I could tell by my skin that I was both dehydrated and retaining water. I had gained 4 pounds the week before I left so I hope to be back to my lowest weight by friday.

I got my bike out of the shed yesterday and it is again parked where I see it everytime I step out the door. Went for a short ride last night.

My goals :

1600 calorie daily max
Y times 3 this week, Bike X3; swim in Bay X 2; walk X 2
Eat real food, no pre-packaged meals this week, Fish at least once,
Drink my water and herbal tea

KLLOVESMF 08-29-2011 05:58 AM

New to Fitday

Hi all...
I am new to fit day - excited but terrified!

I have always kind of struggled with my weight - my healthy and happy weight is about 145-150..
I have completely let myself go - I know what I have to do, just having a hard time finding the motivation.
I started the ACAI berry 14 day cleanse today as well. Joined the Curves circuit and am bound and determined to get this excess weight off.
This all came about because I stepped on a scale for the first time in over a year it it said 194.5 lbs... WHAT?!? I sobbed... uncontrollably sobbed, knowing that I allowed myself to do this.

My goals:
1) Limit calories to 1000-1200 daily
2) curves circuit 4 times per week
3) joing running group / swimmimg class
4) drink 80-90oz of water per day
5) Be positive
6) be honest

Current weight: 194.5 lbs (Aug 28)
Goal Weight 1 : 180 (OCt 4)
Goal weight 2: 160 (Dec 1)
Final Weight Goal: 145 ( Jan 16)

so excited that there is this 'support'

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you !!

Mern 08-29-2011 06:17 AM

Mike, I love the shirt. LOL

Ang, yeah, we're rocking already. Positive thoughts right back at ya.

KLLOVESMF, welcome! Hey, I got up to 246. I've sobbed, too. This is a great group and we'll try our best to help keep you motivated through the easy times and the hard. As long as you eat balanced meals and your goals are doable, that's great. Big hug to ya!

Mern 08-29-2011 06:31 AM

Tanya, ouchie! Tendonitis is so painful--I had that a couple years ago in my shoulder. I hope you can find the right balance of exercise to let you heal as painlessly as possible. My macros aren't anywhere near the USDA's because I manage my blood sugar with a doctor approved diet suited to my special needs, but I applaud you for aspiring to a healthful diet and tracking your food. Good plan to see what you average after a week, fortnight, etc. Ah, a gal after my own heart. Although I do weigh, I, too, am more concerned about how I look and feel in my clothes. Fresh salsa surely counts for a veggie in my book. Go for it! :)

Mary (newbies, that's Kumochi) wow, congrats on LOSING weight during your holidays! Fabulous! Congrats on getting back on the bike already. :)

canary52 08-29-2011 07:15 AM

Welcome, Tanya! It doesn't matter how much you can do at first as long as you do it. You'll get better.

Cassie, I hope they can figure out what's going on and make you feel better.

Mern, good job on your numbers from last week!! You are so thoughtful to put in Rose's post.

And Rose you are a beast! (in a good way)

Mike, when I fly, they have to give me a thorough check over because I have knee replacement. Invariably, when it gets a little too thorough, I tell them: "if you want to go any further you're gonna have to buy me dinner and drink first!!!"

BTW Terri I love the phrase good juju an have been known to use it myself!!! In fact, so much of what you wrote I relate to. I could use a makeover myself!!!

01gt4.6 08-29-2011 07:19 AM

Baltimore

Anyone in Baltimore?

canary52 08-29-2011 07:25 AM

Goals:
1) 1600 cals or less
2) stretch
3) drink water
4) play nice with others
5) dig out from Irene induced mess in basement

The water got pretty high in my basement and ruined so much stuff: mementoes, some of my parents' furniture, my DD's baby stuff and even got to my wedding dress. So it is a bit sad. And as I'm going through it all, it makes me think how much more devastating it was for Katrina victims. And I guess this is making us get to that long delayed basement cleanup.

mtlgirl 08-29-2011 07:44 AM

This joint is jumping!

Cassie, the goals are looking good and I'm glad to hear you called the doc.

Amy, open bar huh? :p Very glad to have you back. It just wasn't the same without you for the past few days. I missed you!

Lizzie, your jar of energy is on its way :) I hope you have an amazing trip!!!! You will seriously be missed!

Terri, you have done extraordinarily well during your visit with your friend!!! WOW! Wtg! Fitting into a size 10 dress sounds absolutely divine and I think I'm not alone when I say, a picture of you in the "Mad Men" dress is in order! It's super nice to hear you sounding so happy!

Mern, you are a gem. Thank you for importing my posts. I am really touched. You really are our forum darling.

Mike, CONGRATS on the 169! Way to go!!!! So I was all set to take a picture of the scale tonight when I weighed in at the gym but I was politely told that cell phone cameras are strictly forbidden in the ladies' changing room. Yikes. I got in trouble at my gym. Anyway, I hope you can take my word for it, the scale moved exactly one quarter of a kilogram which converts to .5 of a pound. Yes that's right. I lost half a pound after a 7000-calorie deficit for the week. Doesn't seem possible right? Anyway, I don't care anymore. My jeans feel looser and that's that. Now I have to drink a gallon of water and floss for a week, per our wager.

Tanya, welcome to the thread! Your goals look great and yes absolutely salsa counts as a vegetable. It's raw tomato after all!

Mary, welcome back. You did a great job not gaining while on vacation!

KLLOVESMF, welcome to the thread! Believe me I know exactly how you feel. Your post broke my heart but it seems that you had a good cry and are raring to go. I came to Fitday after having gained over 20 pounds in a year and started at 198. I have the same goal weight as you so we are in this together! If I can do it, so can you. Luckily you have stumbled upon a goldmine of good people and tons of support.

Hope, you rock! Thanks for calling me a beast. You made my day! I'm so so sorry to hear about the water damage that you sustained. That Irene is a real b*tch! Stupid hurricane!

Mern 08-29-2011 07:46 AM

Hope, thanks. You always have such kind words for everyone.

So sorry for the damage or loss of so many of your precious things. So glad you're OK, though. Good for you for counting your blessings. Big hug to ya.

Lizards13 08-29-2011 07:55 AM

Last word

:cool:

Just about to head to bed, early start tomorrow but thought I'd get a few last words in.

Hi to the newbies and welcome to this thread, I was made very welcome by this amazing group of people and you can feel the support and kindness oozing from their responses. It heps a lot to have them there.

Hope. Sorry to hear about your precious mementoes being damaged, it says a lot that you can think about others misfortunes at this time. Glad you are safe.

Terri. Your new outfit sounds stunning, I'm not a girly girl either but I'm trying to be a little more feminine. At the moment I'm still not into skirts or dresses ( except winter ones to wear with boots) but my trousers and tops are softer and sexier without being too " busty serving wench"

Mary. I only hope I can manage to come home without gaining, but I don't think that is likely. I am so impressed that you did, many congrats.

Ok that's me, my partner is definitely taking the iPad so you may not have heard the last of me yet.

mtlgirl 08-29-2011 07:56 AM

Report card for Monday

Well I had a pretty good Monday! I am loving my job right now and having so much damn fun on this project. I'm editing a documentary and making this one really scary and dramatic which happens to be my specialty!

I made it to the gym, despite being really sore from yesterday so I got on the elliptical figuring that would be the maximum calorie burn with the least pain to my abs and arms. I killed it on there! According to the machine, I burned a whopping 530 calories in 46 minutes but of course when I entered the same time in the Fitday thingy, it gave me 438. Whatevs, I'll take it.

I weighed in as well and was a tiny bit disappointed, to be perfectly frank but then again I am not surprised. According to that hunk of metal, I only last half a pound since last Tuesday but there are two factors which lead me to suspect that number might be higher in real life. Firstly, every lady's unfavourite relative, Aunt Flo dropped in on me this morning. That dumb witch. And secondly I drank 1.5 litres of water and two cups of green tea over the course of the work day today so that may have affected the outcome. What can I say, I was thirsty I guess.

Anyway, it sure warms the cockles of my heart that the thread is so crazy happening today! We are on FIRE!

My goals:

1. Eat below 1300 calories. YES 1192
2. Drink min. 2 litres of water per day. OH YES
3. Take my vitamins. DONE!
4. Exercise 6 times. M: 1x
5. Balance the pie chart. Could have been better
6. Get to sleep by 11pm.
7. Achieve a 7000 calorie deficit! M: 1365 (total so far: 1365)

Mern 08-29-2011 07:58 AM

Rose, that really sucks to lose half a pound after a 7000 calorie deficit, but it's really fantastic that your jeans are looser. Scales aren't all they're cracked up to be. OMG, I never thought about cameras in the ladies' changing room but I guess there are a lot of weirdos from which the rule will protect us. I had to giggle over your wager with Mike--no problem with the flossing, but I already wake up twice per night due to drinking 64 oz. of water per day, even with drinking nothing after dinner. I'd be wetting the bed if I had to drink a whole gallon a day! :eek: I think Mike wears Depends, though. :p

mtlgirl 08-29-2011 07:59 AM

Oh Mern! You just cracked me right up!! Mike wears Depends. LOL!! :D

Mern 08-29-2011 08:07 AM

Me again, Rose. It's wonderful to hear that you love your job. Sounds fascinating. What's the documentary about?

OMG, you surely did kill it on the elliptical! I can't do that machine--just not strong or fit enough yet-- but I always go by the stats the machines at the Y give me rather than FitDay. Depends on the settings and design of the machine, so FitDay can give only it's best guess. But FitDay is good for those who don't have an accurate measure of their calorie burn.

Wow, YOU are on fire. Look at all that green in your Monday report. Congrats to ya!

I gotta go fire up the grill--chicken thighs for dinner. Don't know what else--probably salad.

Mern 08-29-2011 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by mtlgirl (Post 55280)
Oh Mern! You just cracked me right up!! Mike wears Depends. LOL!! :D

Well, I COULD have said he wears POISE. :p ;)

mommiepretty 08-29-2011 08:18 AM

@KL Hi, I'm new, too! From what I can tell, everyone here is great—I hope you like it as much as I do.

@Hope thank you :) I have to keep telling myself, “Baby steps! Baby steps!” I have to start somewhere, right? Sorry to hear about your basement mess post-Irene. Way to look for the silver lining Re: cleanup!

@Mern this is my first experience with tendinitis, and I'm not diggin' it LOL I'm trying to use the generally recommended therapies, but I get so bored and frustrated sitting around with my foot propped up. I can't get anything done! But I think I will go make some salsa, thanks ;) I never realized before how lucky I am to have relatively healthy eating habits—hopefully that will be one less obstacle to overcome to reach my health goals.

@Rose thanks! I'm using cooked (canned/tinned) tomatoes this time, so I hope that's still okay. I just wasn't in the mood for salsa cruda, and it's still too frigging hot to turn on the oven to make roasted veggie salsa. BLAH. I'm so DONE with 30+C temps, YUCK!

@all thank you for making this such a supportive place to be—I've tried talking to a few people I know, but they just don't seem to get it. They all seem to think I look fine, and while I may not LOOK all that bad, the bigger problem is I FEEL awful. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired! Time to get intentional and build myself a healthy body :D

cjohnson728 08-29-2011 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 55271)
Anyone in Baltimore?

I'm from there originally, what'd I miss? We've had a couple folks from there in the past but I don't think they've posted in a while...

01gt4.6 08-29-2011 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 55285)
I'm from there originally, what'd I miss? We've had a couple folks from there in the past but I don't think they've posted in a while...

I have a few hour layover at BWI, just checking to see if anyone wanted to meet for lunch.

01gt4.6 08-29-2011 08:41 AM

Staying true to my word

Yes, I know the pic is small, you have to click the thumbnail. And, yes... I trimmed my chest a stomach hair a few weeks ago. It's grown back, just not as thick as the 1st pic yet. Okay as I said before I lost a lot of muscle mass, that's why at 169, I don't look as lean as I did in the past. Even in my 178 pic in my signature I was leaner than I am now. Also, the mirror I was in isn't very flattering, AT ALL. I never use that bathroom but said that since I took my beginning pics there, I'd take the ending pics there as well.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i.../th_5weeks.jpg

Rose, I think I have a HUGE advantage when it comes to losing weight. I believe that I can drop a couple pounds while I may only show I'm 3000 calories deficient for 2 reasons:
1) I log my sleep so I may actually be ~4000 calories deficient, but the next reason is HUGE!

2) As Mern had mentioned last week. Heart rate plays a big factor in metabolism! When I workout or do cardio I probably burn twice what the average person does. I've talked about this in the past, when I exercise, my heart rate gets elevated. Not like "normal" elevated. I'm talking 200 bpm PLUS. I've recorded it as high at 236 bpm. Not too many 40 year olds have a cardiologist, but I do. When I first went to the cardiologist he thought I was messing with him when I told him how high it gets, until he put me on the treadmill and did a stress test and had to stop the test early b/c he wasn't comfortable with it. My resting heart rate is fine (65-72 bpm usually).

The problem that I have is when I eat like a madman and I don't exercise.

Ladies, I assure that I don't wear depends. That's not to say that I haven't, they just get in the way of my banana hammock. http://images.bedbathandbeyond.com/a...710525586P.JPG

Hunny24 08-29-2011 08:57 AM

Wow Mike...what do the docs say to that? Could that potentially be a problem? I mean, great that its buring the calories but more like an actual heart problem. Just curious.

01gt4.6 08-29-2011 08:57 AM

Now, if the picture of the banana hammock didn't just make you LOL, literally, then you've never heard that term before.

wowgirl88 08-29-2011 09:11 AM

Morning ladies and Mike!

Mike, I loled at the banana hammock. That phrase always reminds me of The Todd from Scrubs.

Sorry I can’t do individual replies, hope everyone’s doing well, and welcome to the newbies!

Work’s been crazy, and still haven’t got my home internet, so logging on at work, which I don’t like to do too often.

Goals:
  • 5 bottles of water daily
  • Try to eat okay
  • 30 mins exercise
  • Take care of appearance daily
  • Update goals daily!
  • Buy scales on Friday

Good luck to you all, hope you have a rockin’ week, see ya around!

01gt4.6 08-29-2011 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Hunny24 (Post 55289)
Wow Mike...what do the docs say to that? Could that potentially be a problem? I mean, great that its buring the calories but more like an actual heart problem. Just curious.

Now real probably other than a risk for heart attack or death. :D

On a serious note, I discovered this when I got my HRM and I was doing P90X. I thought the HRM was faulty b/c I kept pegging it at 200 bpm (as high as it would read). I leater found that it was in fact accurate when I went to the gym and compared it to their machines, almost dead on up until I peg it at 200 bpm.

He did the stress test, and the funny thing is I was sitting there all hooked up and it was measuring my resting HR. The doctor comes in and the nurse tells me to get up and get on the tread mill. I stand up, and she blurts out "holy $#!t". I merely stood up and took 2 steps and my hr went from like 70 to 110 (I don't remember the exact #'s). Stress test was abnormal results. Echo cardiogram was normal results. He said that my heat is fine but something is triggering it to beat fast.

He asked if I've recently lost weight. I said yes, but b/c of diet and exercise. He hear yes and assumes that I have an endocrine problem. He orders blood work and he reads the results and feels that my iron level is too low and thyroid function is too high.

He send me to an endocrinologist. I see the endocrinologist and he tells me, "I hear you have an elevated heart rate and unexplained weight loss". I said yes and no. I explain the weight loss and he reads my results. He said my thyroid level are pretty much normal or on the high end of the normal range but nothing to cause as HR of 200+. Iron level was fine. He orders more blood work. I do that and return to him with the same results. He says this is not a endocrine issue, it is fine.

So basically I went to see two guys that "practice" medicine and neither could figure out what is causing it.

Technically I've been cleared from both since neither could figure it out and for those that know how my brain works, you could guess the next step I took...

Now I just take it easy and I took out another life insurance policy on myself. Since I've been cleared from both and have no pending tests to complete I was able to get a preferred rating.