Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Old 08-31-2011, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

It's a beautiful day here at the beach. Right now I'm laying out trying to get a little color (probably getting crispy). I think I'm ready to retire and spendy days at the beach. Too bad I don't smoke, if I did I'd bum a cigarette and then I could be a retired beach bum. I know that was a pathetic try at being funny.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

cannot read posts...must work...bad joke mike...
Goals:
1) 1600 cals or less: HA! HAHA, foiled by pre theatre picnic and diabolically good brownies
2) stretch: Nope, nope
3) drink water: well some... how much? IDK
4) play nice with others: HA HAHA DD will tell you there are rabid racoons that play nicer than I, yes - didn't see DD but I am warning tomorrow will tell you I was AWFUL today cannot talk to that child...
5) dig out from Irene induced mess in basement: Yes but I pulled out my back and knee and then the fibro kicked in... bad back: I "supervised"

Man I am not doing well this week so far.... tomorow is September 1st...new start...new start...do over....meantime I will try to control the food and drink water today...and i did stretch... must not talk to child...must not talk to child...must not eat brownie on top of fridge...must not eat brownie on top of fridge...

Last edited by canary52; 08-31-2011 at 05:47 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mommiepretty
@Mern okay, dumb newbie Q here, but what's a BIDIA award?
Tanya, you're not a dumb newbie. I didn't know either and had to ask. BIDIA stands for BUT I DID IT ANYWAY. Credit for that goes to someone else (forgot who it was) who mentioned it last week. I see if I can look back so I can give credit where credit is due. Maybe someone else knows offhand.

Thanks for your encouragement, helps me a lot.

I hear ya for breakfast choices--but I eat whatever I feel like eating--as long as it's healthful it doesn't matter in what order we eat foods. Eating dinner for breakfast and vice versa is just fine. I'm trying to cut back on saturated fat and increase fiber and veggies, so for breakfast yesterday I cooked spinach with Classico Roasted Red Pepper Sauce. Today I enjoyed cold, cooked green beans with the same sauce. I also enjoy non-fat yogurt with flaxmeal for breakfast or make a flaxmeal pancake with Egg Beaters, flaxmeal, and artificial sweetener and topped with 1/2 serving of non-fat yogurt. I also love a rollup of low saturated fat meat, half an avocado (sliced or mashed for ease in rolling the rollup), raw spinach, and horseradish mustard.

What have you come up with for breakfast?

Last edited by Mern; 08-31-2011 at 05:43 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:44 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, your fish story is both deeply disturbing and laugh out loud funny. Thanks for sharing. Rude fish!!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

Aw, enjoy the beach, Mike. Your joke gave me a chuckle.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

OK, who introduced BIDIA (BUT I DID IT ANYWAY) here? Was it brandismom Ang? Step up and take credit.

Also great is BIG2DIA (BUT I'M GOING TO DO IT ANYWAY)

Thanks--I find it very motivating and it's what got me to go to the gym this morning.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
OK, who introduced BIDIA (BUT I DID IT ANYWAY) here? Was it brandismom Ang? Step up and take credit.

Thanks--I find it very motivating and it's what got me to go to the gym this morning.
I believe it WAS Ang. Good memory, Mern.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern

Yes, my brain said brandismom too. I think there was actually a BIDIA post at first.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, thanks, but it wasn't due to good memory--which I don't have. Scrolling through older posts today, Ang's post around 8/22 or so was the furthest back I saw it BIDIA used.

Wow, I didn't leave myself much wiggle room when setting up my goals this week. 1600 calories or less isn't a problem at all. The hard part is getting sat fat down to 10% and getting in 6 servings of veggies without exceeding 25g net carbs. I'll have to plan really well tomorrow so I can enjoy some fresh garden tomatoes and just one piece of sugar free dark chocolate. I had one piece of dark chocolate today and had to spend a bunch of time swapping out planned foods for dinner and evening snack to meet my goals again. I'll discuss my new goals with the doc tomorrow to see what she thinks about how well (or not) these new goals should help to get my cholesterol and triglycerides in line.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Amy, your fish story is both deeply disturbing and laugh out loud funny. Thanks for sharing. Rude fish!!!!
Sort of changes the meaning of "the fish were biting" now doesn't it? I swear when we bring that story up at family gatherings, my MIL still laughs herself to tears. Our toddler DD in the story starts Kindergarten on Tuesday, so it was like 4 years ago now. And keep in mind I was much larger then, so the little fish face was sticking out from between 2 HUGE pasty white thighs, ugh just the mental image is almost enough to send me back to the elliptical for a second round today. Almost.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.