Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 08-10-2010, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day two!

So I've been the type that always had a little extra weight, but not really that much... so even when I started going to the gym or running or eating better, I'd never really stick to it because it wasn't that big of a deal if I didn't.

Now that I'm out of uni and not walking to school everyday and waitressing all night (who knew that burned so many calories!), and sit on my butt in an office everyday, my weight just goes up and up and up.

Since I can no longer fit comfortably into the majority of my pants, and have been asked on a couple of occasions "when are you due?", I've realized the couple of pounds has turned into like, 30+ and I've just been turning a blind eye. Office ass? Yes. I have a case.

So I've started monitoring my food intake (calories IN must be less than calories OUT. It's damned brilliant, I tell you) and hitting the gym - 25 minutes of cardio, 40 minutes of strength training - in the morning. I am not a morning person. It is not pretty.

That all being said, I am currently 25, 5'3 and 145 lbs. I've officially crept into the overweight category on the BMI scale for women of my height. I would like to have the littler me back. Partially because of the aesthetics, partially because I do not want to buy all new clothes for work to accomodate my growing waistline. I'm Scottish, so sue me.

The goal is to be down to 110 by Dec 21st (my birthday). It's a steep curve, but I have a supportive partner and friends and I'm hoping the willpower will follow: once I start hitting the gym, I am hungry ALWAYS (oh yeah, if you have tips on how not to be a raving food monster after early morning gym time that goes beyond "drink lots of water", I am all ears).

Frankly, I don't care if I hit my goal on time and at weight... as long as I am under 130, I think I can live with it. I just thought I'd go all out any try to re-live my post-high school body.

Started: 145
Current: 145
Goal: 110

Good luck, me.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hello and welcome, tiranne!

Thanks for making me laugh...you seem to have a great sense of humor, and I could relate to a lot of what you said!

Getting down to 110 by December is possible. I lost 30 lbs in 3.5 months through exercise and healthy eating. The weight will come off quickly at first and slower later, so just beware of that as you get closer to your goal.

Best of luck!
Old 08-12-2010, 12:36 PM
FitDay Member

Default I'm new here

I am new here.... um let's see. I am 28 and I was skinny all my life, never had to worry about eating. Never even cared much about eating. And then I got pregnant with my first son. I gained nearly 50 pounds. After I had him the weight melted off in four months. I had two more sons and again the weight melted off. I gained less in those pregnancies and had small babies. My fourth son is another story. I suddenly started to love food and gained another 40 pounds. He was born weighing nearly 10 pounds. He is nearly one year old and it has NOT melted off this time so it is time to get proactive on losing it. I am still breastfeeding him 8-10 times per day and the weight still stubbornly clings on.
So, I plan to start monitoring and restricting my caloric intake. I eat way more than I used to. I also bought a treadmill and have started doing a half hour each day split up into ten minutes sessions three times per day. I walk and run alternating.
Current weight: 155
Goal: 125-130
I was 115 when we got married but hubby says I was too skinny.
I have also become a much better cook than I used to be and that has been bad on the waist line. I started taking an acai supplement too. Don't know if it will help but I can hope, can't I?
Old 08-12-2010, 04:11 PM
FitDay Member

I get hungry after the gym too, but I gotta eat breakfast anyway so I plan on breakfast right after gym time. Something high protein, usually 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg scrambled, maybe with some veggies thrown in, a piece of fruit or some whole grain toast. Or if you're going to be eating in the car on the way to work, an egg white sandwich on an english muffin maybe?

I wasn't about to buy new work pants either. I wear scrubs. Realizing your drawstring waist tentbag pants are tight in the thighs is a heck of a wakeup call.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello everyone im back!!!!

Right after a couple of weeks of not doing too good and feeling a bit depressed for not sticking to it im ready to start my journey for the final time and get to my goal.
Thankyou all for the words of support about my daughter. I have an appointment on monday at the doctors to discuss what will happen now. I will find out more about what the problem is but i hope that all will be sorted soon and she will be ok. Aparantly it is a piece of fatty tissue that didnt develop properly in the womb. They say its not connected to any organs but the surgeon will tell me more. She has problems with her digestion and finds it hard to empty her bowels so its no coincidence with her having the lump about 3 inches from her belly button. They have ruled out a hernia. It hasnt grown in the years since she was born but is more visible when she is bloated after a meal. I will keep you all posted!
As for my diet ive started slim fast today to give me a boost. I know that when i get to my goal i wont put on the weight again so i just have to stay determined to get there. Ive had a banana shake with skimmed milk. I will have 2 snacks at 100cals,2 shakes 420cals and a 600cal evening meal a day. I will aim to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day although this is something ive got to get in the habit of, i will add a little no added sugar dilute to help me drink it though.
Does tea count towards my fluid?? I have skimmed milk and no sugar and usually have 5 or 6 cups a day!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Tracey, I'm in the same boat as you. I haven't been following my plan the past few weeks and as a result, I'm 2 pounds heavier than I was two weeks ago. Stress certainly played a part in my self-sabotage but the important thing is coming back and starting again. I look at it like a long journey and we're going to slip up from time to time, but as long as we keep trying and don't give up, we're going to get there.
I hope your daughter is going to be okay. I'm sure you'll have relief once you have a diagnosis and know what to do for her.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Thankyou avelina you are right once i find out the news and what they will do i will be much more focused on losing weight. The fact she is only 5 and has speech problems its hard to fully understand how it affects her.
Also because i nearly aborted her but only because i was going through a violent relationship with my ex and already had a 10 month old. I didnt though and im truly glad that i walked out of the clinic and i have her here and love her so much. Real little character and full of personality. I kind of feel like its Gods way of punishing me for considering it and having slight post-natal depression i abandoned her a bit and didnt give her much time so i blame myself for her speech not being as clear as it should. I regret all of this and am trying hard over last few years to make it up to her. I feel so guilty. Im really sorry to share this with everyone,esoecially as its supposed to support weight loss but i just want people to see into my head and understand that what my daughter is going through is much deeper. I just really want her fit and well but cant help thinking the worst. But isnt that normal to be scared of what could happen and feeling like its my fault.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Tracey I think it's totally appropriate to bring those feelings up here. Feeling guilty and unworthy is at the heart of overeating for most of us. Some things in life are the way they are simply because they are. You didn't cause your daughter's problems, she's not being punished for things you did or didn't do. It just IS. You're trying to help her now and that's what matters, the past is in the past. You are a good person and you deserve to live a good and healthy life. Best wishes to you and your daughter.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks lizzie i always feel so much better after talking to you guys. The support i get on here is so appreciated. You guys always pull me through. Sometimes life can just be so unfair. Ive been through alot in my 25 years of life and dealt with some terrible demons. But then when another problem arises it brings up parts of my past that i had locked away. I dont want to turn to food for comfort and talking to others really stops me from piling the food in!! Thankyou again your messages-i will continue to do my best in all aspects of me and my familys lives!!
Old 08-14-2010, 11:39 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Day 3-slim fast

well im on my third day of my new slim fast 3,2,1 and its going really good. Im really surprised at how full im feeling after having the shakes but i guess thats because of the protein. When i have my main meal on an evening i actually already cant eat as much as i could before. It feels like my stomach is shrinking. Im recognising when im full and stopping which is something i struggled with before. Im drinking my fluids which isnt that easy to get down but im trying.
We are having homemade turkey bolognaise for tea and i look forward to my main meal now as im not eating constantly throughout the day.
Im feeling determined to get to my goal-like ive said before i know that when i reach goal i will stay there. Ive stayed the same for 6-7months but i really want to reach the weight i desire!

How is everyone doing? Have we stayed on track over the weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.