Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 08-15-2010, 06:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by traceymc1985

How is everyone doing? Have we stayed on track over the weekend?
So far I'm on track. I'm working this weekend so it's easy for me to stay focused while I'm working. I'm trying to stay on track for the next couple of weeks since I'm moving at the end of the month and I just know there will be convenience meals out and ordering pizza. I'd like to plan for that now and have a plan to keep going after the move as well.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:56 PM
FitDay Member

Monday morning and its going okay with slim fast. Trying to resist temptation is difficult but im surviving. Got to remember that i will be able to eat them foods again when i get to goal but in the meantime im being strict on myself. I find thats the best way for me at this moment in time.
Last night we had my homemade turkey bolognaise and it was so yummy. I was very good and ddnt have no cheese on top or garlic bread. I had it in a small bowl. I did have seconds which i didnt need but i did leave out my second slim fast at lunch so calorie wise i didnt do bad.
Ive had my slim fast this morning whilst the kids were having cheese on toast. I did have a little nibble but if i wasnt on the slim fast id have had 2-3 thick slices so in that sense its helping. The kids left the crusts and instead of eating them i have give it to the birds in my back garden.
We gotta stay in today and wait for the electric man so i cant go out. Hopefully he wont be late so i can get a walk to the park with the kids. We are going to Flamingo Land theme park on Friday so we are looking forward to that.
We are having a curry tonight made from scratch so i can control the calories and i will not be having the naan breads or poppadoms. Gotta control portion size though cos curry is my ultimate vice. Just thinking about it makes me hungry.
Aiming for a good week this week-im not wasting the good work i did over the weekend!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Friends1

I've been M.I.A. for awhile because I've been training for my half, which was Saturday. Needless to say I stunk and my time was 3:30 which is 10 mins. slower than my half in May. It was so bad that a woman who had to be close to 80, if not 90 passed me while she pushed her oxygen tank. I kid you not, she was pushing a oxygen tank in a baby stroller and she blew me away. I've seen this lady at 2 previous races and I've always passed her, but not this time..no way. I tried running to catch up w/her, but my feet and thighs were killing me too much, so around mile marker 10 I said, "forget it". Anyhoot, it waws a good day for a half, perfect weather and pretty course but my body just wasn't into it. I have another half in Oct. and I swear that elderly lady better not be there! ha,ha.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hello all, im having a good run on this slim fast. I only lasted 3 days at my last stint. The cravings do set in at about 8pm but i think thats just down to habit. I gotta break that night-time snacking. It makes me pile in so many unwanted calorieswhich is probably the reason why i have been staying the same for so long! Not any more though-im getting to goal before christmas!!!! DETERMINED I AM!!!
The shakes are not that easy to get down cos im not really a milk person but once ive drank it i do stay full and satisfied for a good few hours.
Im learning to eat only when hungry and noticing when im hungry rather than just having a craving!
Im trying to drink more water but can anybody advice me why drinking so much water while losing weight is so important??
Old 08-17-2010, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hey there ladies. Would you like to know a seceret?

... because I know one, and it is sooo good to hear it.

So! One week in and my scale is telling me I've dropped approx. 1.1 lbs. Not really the pace I wanted to set, but it's my fault for skipping the gym and playing videos games all weekend. Ha. But hey, my character is getting really buff!

Except a co-worker asked me yesterday if I am expecting, so it was back on the treadmill at 6:30 this morning.

Anyway, so the thing I really wanted to share is this awesome stuff my boyfriend picked up at the health food store. He swears by it, I'm perpetually skeptical.

So the backstory: The day after my first trip to the gym, man were my legs sore. And I was thinking to myself all day "Can I really handle feeling like this all the time? Taking a tylenol every day?". Suffice to say, I wasn't interested in walking stiffly for the next six months just so I could lose some pounds. So my boyfriend gave me his "recovery drink".

It's 12oz, tangy orange flavour and about 230 calories. BUT OMG SO WORTH IT. It helps break down the lactic acid build up in your muscles after a work out AND gives you a nice little bump of protein to start the morning. The day after the first time I tried it: no pain, no stiffness, no whining and getting myself off track.

Hurdle number one: removed!

Just thought I could share my little discovery with you, in case being sore was keeping you from getting to the gym!

Hope everyone out there is doing well!

Last edited by tirannie; 08-17-2010 at 03:17 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

What's the name of the tangy orange stuff? I'm still sore from my half marathon on Sat. and could use a drink (of the tangy orange stuff, that is). lol
Old 08-17-2010, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

It's called Endurox R4 and it's by a company called Pacific Health Labratory inc.

To get the best results out of it, you drink it right ater your workout. However, it does have a lot of sugar in... so if you're on a low-sugar diet, it's probably not for you.

Last edited by tirannie; 08-17-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:12 PM
FitDay Member

Well ladies, it seems as though many of you are making progress. The half marathon makes me feel like I'm totally lazy. I've been trying to get up the courage to run with my team (I coach field hockey), but I feel like I'm so out of shape. I'll just stick to running with my husband. It's been a week since I last ran, and I've put on 2.3 lbs. I'm going in the wrong direction quickly. I guess I need to discipline myself more and stay positive. Today is a new day!
Old 08-20-2010, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Friday's my weigh-day, and I'm down just over 2 pounds! YAY! I've been working hard this week to stay within my calorie range, plus I started my running plan again. I'm feeling great! Let's hope I can keep it up this weekend-it's my weekend off and that's always the hardest! I have a BBQ tonight and birthday party lunch tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:14 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations Avelina, keep up the good work.

Kelly, don't be discouraged, just keep doing what you're doing and you'll see results!

I have been sick since my half last Sat. some sort of stomach virus, so I have not worked out since Wed. Im hoping to feel better tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.