Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 06-20-2010, 01:29 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much tracey, farah, and kelly! I appreciate your kind words!

As for what I did, here are some things that helped me with my weight loss:
1. Working out 5-7 days per week, including three 30-minute sessions per week with a personal trainer.
2. Recording each and every bite and sip on FitDay without fail!
3. Sticking as close to 1300 calories, 50% carbs, 30% protein, and 20% fat as possible. Focusing on lean protein (I'm vegetarian), fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
4. Drinking 8-10 glasses of water per day.
5. Getting support here on the forums, participating in discussions, and reading lots of articles on diet and exercise for inspiration.

It was hard work, no doubt about that, but more than worth it to feel as good as I feel right now. =) And I'm excited to keep going!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:07 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Fletch you worked so well and sound very disciplined. Congratulations!!!
I wish i could afford the gym but paying debts and living on a budget this is impossible. The food is on a budget so its difficult to get all the foods for the family (2 kids and fiance). Im doing well though considering this and my fiance is fantastic and often goes without the goodies so i can get my fruit and veg. Only yesterday he saw my fridge was low on salad so gave me his last bit of money so i could go and get some more to keep me going til shopping day. So supportive-he knows how much losing weight is important to me!
For meals i try my hardest to cook low fat alternatives to family favourites. Im trying to up my water intake and i eat wholegrain varieties whenever i can.
My downfall comes on an evening when the kids are in bed and all i want to do is eat. Its not unhealthy things but i just cant seem to help myself. I used to go upstairs once they in bed but there is tv i want to watch that doesnt finish until 11pm and i havent a tv in my bedroom.
I know i just need to find more willpower and i will get to goal. I just have to keep with it and do what i can on the budget we have. The debts will be clear in a year but i am determined to reach my goal weight this year!

Starting weight- 234lb
Current weight- 169lb
Goal weight- between 140-145lbs
Old 06-21-2010, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

I'm new here! I've been using fitday on and off for a while, but just now found the forums. I'm in the 30 lb club. I'm at 190 right now, and looking to lose it all. I've gained 10 lbs a year since my senior year of high school (I'm 21 and starting my junior year of college). A lot has contributed to my weight (stress, dad's death etc). I've tried to lose it but it just doesn't go anywhere. Plus, I've had shin injuries and knee problems, making it really hard to work out.

Right now I'm going to focus on losing 10 lbs by August. Then I'll go from there. So glad to find ya'll on here!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:24 AM
FitDay Member

Talking My First day!

Well, this is my first day on Fit Day and I have to say I love the site so far. It's much more fun than keeping a journal and I get to chat with people in the same boat too, how great is that! I am 39 years old, 5.4 and weight in right now at about 169. My goal is to get down to 147. It may sound like a lot for my height, but I work out a lot and have always weighed a lot for my height...big boned I guess ha ha!! Well, these days there is a lot more than bone and I am determined to get it back off. I was down to 147 two years ago and was quite pleased in a size 8 for the first time in years! But then I hurt my knee and could not run anymore, well, the weight has crept back on in the last few years. I am still very active, go to Hot Bikram Yoga about 5 times a week. Man, that's a work out if you've never tried it!! But I really have to cut back on the carbs and sugar, they are a killer for me. So, here I am, determined to do it once and for all. I am also a two time cancer survivor, so my journey is more about staying healthy. All that extra weight is not good...cancer loves sugar and fat. Well, I am not about to go a third round, so keep me in your hearts and I will you
Old 06-21-2010, 10:55 AM
FitDay Member

ohhh!!!!! i typed a very long note here, for vickytoria3112, Fletch and Tracy and it just disappeared!!!!!
guess i have to write short notes to be in the safe side!

vickytoria3112, it's not a race but i am following your numbers, and love what i see. as i mentioned before you're the closest that i can relate to in terms of start date and goal weight and love the idea of getting our sexy looks together at the same time. keep up the good work!!!!

Fletch! what you have done is truely impressive, i am really impressed by your dicipline and hard work! and thank you for sharing your strategy!!!! good luck and keep posting your progress, love to know how you're doing!

Tracy Darling, i wish i knew a way to stop snacking. even though i'm not a snacker myself, i keep the snacks in the cupboard and away from the eye sight, so i don't reach for it. try it, maybe it works for you as well?

and welcome new members! you have made the right choice in utilizing fitday for your weight loss and that is a very smart move! good luck to you(and all of us) in this journey!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:44 PM
FitDay Member

sounds great!! I'm down. Now to be clear, this is for someone that wants to lose at least thirty pounds, right? 'cuz if that's the case, I'm in!!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

I'm new as well. trying to lose thirty pounds. hope we can inspire each other.

current weight: 200
goal weight: 170
Old 06-22-2010, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default Does anyone know anything about Prediabetes?

Ok had to do a fasting glucose test last week and they found out that my blood sugar was 107 which is considered "Prediabetic". I told my doctor that I am trying to lose weight and that I have lost 7 pounds since a month ago, she said that was wonderful. She said I needed to take a class at Kaiser for prediabetes. So does anyone know anything about Prediabetes? I know that one way to get rid of it is to lose weight, and to eat better, meaning lay off the fat, and to exercise. But how long does it take for this to turn into diabetes if I don't change anything? I do not want to be a diabetic at all. If I can survive breast cancer then I will do this. I will not be a diabetic!!!! Does anyone have any information they could pass on to me?

Goal weight 125
Weeks on Fitday.com: 5

Last edited by dideroch; 06-22-2010 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Add weeks on status
Old 06-23-2010, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

i'm in for this club/forum...what ever it is called!

My name is Kaitlin and i live in NY. I weigh currently 213ish. I would like to drop to 190 by halloween which is my favorite holiday.

I am going to try doing this by working out 3/week (walking, jogging, sports)
Eating 1300-1500 calories a day.

I know i can do it, it is just hard eating poorly is cheaper and faster mostly. Any ideas for a CHEAP and HEALTHY dinner?

so glad to be here,

PS. didiroch- my dads has diabetes and my twin sister is prediabetic- just take care of yoruself and walk, eat healthy...keep up to date appts with your doc- he will let you know if you are ok or when to worry. but good for you for being proactive!

Last edited by kcolville; 06-23-2010 at 06:30 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

Fletch - I AM GOING TO DO IT! I just started Insanity on Monday - I can't afford a gym membership/personal trainer....I tried that a few years ago and I couldn't fit the gym in my schedule. Now that it's summer (I am a teacher) so I don't go back to work until the end of Aug. I have time to do this. However, yesterday, I got my wisdom teeth out and I crave nothing but food. I'm hoping to slowly get back into eating, but eating right! I am missing my workouts already.

I guess I just need to stick with this....diet, the daily log, and the forums. I need the support of everyone! It certainly helps as I look forward to coming on here each day!

Thanks everyone! good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.