Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 05-14-2010, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

it's official, i suck at weight lose. this morning i weigh myself in, and i have only lost 1 lb!
after all the meal planning and exercising this does not seem to be fair!!!
i need your advise, i usually have my main meal in the evenings. i do not go overboard just the normal dinner, but still it's the one major calorie intake of the day for me. i do exercise afterward, but do you think that might be the reason for my sluggish weight lose? HEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

don't get discouraged farahb7! you didn't mention how long it had been since you last weighed yourself - i'm assuming a week? if so - 1 lb is good. sure - it's not the huge number we all wish for. i'm in the same boat - i've only lost 1 lb this week (from Thurs to Thurs). but it's something - it's 1 lb less than we weighed last week.

i'm speaking from someone who was stuck at a plateau for 4 months - i get the frustration. but let's focus on how you can kickstart that metabolism. how's your cardio? can you increase your cardio for an additional 15 minutes? try that out for the next week and see if that makes a difference.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kathrynflinn
don't get discouraged farahb7! you didn't mention how long it had been since you last weighed yourself - i'm assuming a week? if so - 1 lb is good. sure - it's not the huge number we all wish for. i'm in the same boat - i've only lost 1 lb this week (from Thurs to Thurs). but it's something - it's 1 lb less than we weighed last week.

i'm speaking from someone who was stuck at a plateau for 4 months - i get the frustration. but let's focus on how you can kickstart that metabolism. how's your cardio? can you increase your cardio for an additional 15 minutes? try that out for the next week and see if that makes a difference.
Hi Kathryn,
i do weigh myself every friday, so it was a weeks effort!
for sure, i'll take your advice and add another 15 minutes to my exercise. but do you think having major part of your calorie intake in the evening has anything to do with sluggish weight loss?
Old 05-14-2010, 09:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Farah a pound is still a pound. Be proud of yourself because it still takes a good amount of effort to drop a pound of weight. It all contributes to the end result so keep going and you will reach your goal in however much time it takes.
I just wanted to comment on the evening calorie intake. I have my main meal at about 5pm through the week and because im hungry from eating very little through the day i usually feel really bloated when im finished. Im usually a bit worried to eat alot through the day if i know im having my main meal at teatime, i just dont like that really full feeling. I notice that my weight loss was slower this way (i was at a plateau for 3wks) it may be due to a drop in my metabolism as i would be running on empty. This may not be true scientifically but this is what ive figured with my own body.
I have now been having a small lunch at 12:30pm-anything light that will just satisfy my hunger but not leave me too full. Then at tea i eat a small plate of dinner and lots of veg until im full but not to the point of not moving for half an hour cos ive had too much! Im now back to losing 1-2lb a week and im happy with that. I dont exercise much so i cant expect more than that!
Try spreading your calories out through the day and having your main meal an hour or so earlier if you can. Sorry if this advice is useless but you have given me so much great advice i wanted to try and suggest anything that could help. Good Luck and dont forget how far you have come so far!!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:29 PM
FitDay Member

Tracy, darling, your advise is very wise. i also think having the major part of the calories in the evening has something to do with sluggish weight lose. i guess my challenge will be breaking my meal into smaller portions during the day, as you mentioned and hopefully, i'll see better result too.
well, i'll try and see how it works, i report back next week, hopefully with a big smile. thank you for your kind words darling!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by farahb7
it's official, i suck at weight lose. this morning i weigh myself in, and i have only lost 1 lb!
after all the meal planning and exercising this does not seem to be fair!!!
i need your advise, i usually have my main meal in the evenings. i do not go overboard just the normal dinner, but still it's the one major calorie intake of the day for me. i do exercise afterward, but do you think that might be the reason for my sluggish weight lose? HEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!
Farah,

Try eating a big breakfast instead of a big dinner. That way you have enough time during the day to burn those calories. For dinner you should try and do what I do. I make a normal dinner for everyone else. Today I made yellow rice and steak. Instead of eating the rice. Cut up the steak and put it on a salad. I'm not much of a red meat eater but the kids are getting tired of chicken. LOL. So I improvised in a healthier way. Or you can put it in a low carb whole wheat tortilla. With the lettuce and tomatoes.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Just wanted to share...had an official weigh-in at the gym today, and I've lost 20 lbs and 9.6% body fat in 2 months! Woohoo! I think the most exciting thing is that my body fat % is now out of the "very poor" category and into just "poor." LOL...I still have some work to do. =) But yay for progress!
Old 05-15-2010, 08:14 AM
FitDay Member

Your very welcome Farah. Good luck and let us know if you notice any change.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Outstanding Fletch!

Woohoo! Losing 9.6% bodyfat in a month is awesome, you must really be working out hard - way to go girl!
Old 05-15-2010, 02:03 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, runbikeski! It took 2 months to lose that much, not 1 (unfortunately!). But yes, I am working out hard! Thank you for the support. =)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.