Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 04-02-2010, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb Suggestion for las07s

Originally Posted by las07s
I seem to balance out at around 800 calories... My diet was mostly chicken, vegetables, and and a small amount of wheat bread... I thought, "tasty, healthy, filling"... avoiding everything that was full of carbs, fat, and sugar... can someone give me some life experience? thanks a bunch.
Sounds like you've been eating very well!

No life experience here, but I do have an idea for you. If you feel full with what you're currently consuming, try to add calories through beverages like skim/1% milk or 100% juice.

I don't know what your fat consumption is, so please disregard if this is irrelevant. From a quick google search, it looks like adults (values differ for children and young teens) should be getting 25-35% of our calories from fat. Just wanted to remind everyone that some fat in our diets isn't a bad thing. (Reference: Reducing Fat Intake)
Old 04-02-2010, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Luly and krk454 for the response. i didnt think of that, but its true. i have this 'healthy' yet unhealthy obsession with chinese tea. its all i drink! i should try to incorporate some milk into the picture.... although, i'll probably have to dilute it myself... its crazy hard to find 1% here. maybe this also means i can get some juice back into my life! hallelujah!!!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Smile Friday weigh-in

Down 2 more lbs.
Start: 170
Mar 19: 146
Apr 2: 144

Considering I was on a business trip the week of the 15th and had NO chance to exercise except for some urban walking I am pretty pleased. The end is in sight and have 2 more weeks to accomplish it. I'm think'n I will make it Wooohooo

Pam
Old 04-03-2010, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Post RunbikeSki,

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Down 2 more lbs... The end is in sight and have 2 more weeks to accomplish it. I'm think'n I will make it Wooohooo
Pam
Congrats! I'm rooting for you!

I have a hard time maintaining my weight loss, and it usually creeps back on (mainly because I revert to my old eating habits and gradually get lazier.) Do you have a plan for maintaining your weight loss?
Old 04-03-2010, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hello, everyone! I've been clicking around this thread for a little while, and it seems like a wonderful group of like-minded, supportive people! I hope you don't mind another newbie joining!

Let me introduce myself...I'm 25 years old and 5'2". In high school, I weighed about 160 lbs. Instead of gaining the Freshman 15 at college, I lost 60 pounds in an extremely fast and unhealthy way. I gained my way back to 115-120ish and maintained that through the rest of college, but since I joined the working world, I've put all of that weight back on.

I joined a gym and FitDay on March 13, and weighed 162 lbs. Since then, I've lost 11 lbs, putting me at 151. I want to get back to 120 at a regular, healthy pace with good nutrition and exercise, so this thread seems like the place to be!

I look forward to chatting with all of you. Hope everyone's having a wonderful weekend!
Old 04-04-2010, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

I am ready to admit something that i havent wanted to. without exercise, nothing is possible. sigh. okay. ill work out.
anyone struggling with the "i'm literally the fattest person in the gym" syndrome? cause its more than just the truth with me here in china. every part of my body bounces up and down while each and every other person is trying to lose the invisible fat they think they have.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default weekly weigh in...

Hi all

I didn't get a chance to get online on Friday but I DID do my weekly weigh in. I started at 147 and as of Friday was 145, so that's 2 pounds in the first week.

I love staring of well like that, it's so encouraging.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by las07s
I am ready to admit something that i havent wanted to. without exercise, nothing is possible. sigh. okay. ill work out.
anyone struggling with the "i'm literally the fattest person in the gym" syndrome? cause its more than just the truth with me here in china. every part of my body bounces up and down while each and every other person is trying to lose the invisible fat they think they have.
Take a deep breath, and go anyway. One day you WON'T be the biggest person in there, and on that day you will feel FANTASTIC! Everybody else is just as insecure, we just all try so darn hard to hide it that we feel like the only one.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Good job Miss Kennedy, keep it up.
las07, Lizzy is absolutely correct - most people are just as insecure as you are, and they are thinking the same thing you are. So just go.

I find that my insecurities really color my perception. I've run a few races over the years. When I am not feeling comfortable with myself and wishing I could lose the pounds I only seem to notice the skinny girls and think that I am out of place. When I am feeling fit, prepared, and confident all of a sudden the race seems populated with heavy girls. I am sure that the exact same distribution in weight is present at both races - it is only how I see it that has changed.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:23 PM
FitDay Member

Okay, i took that deep breath. You ARE right. There will be one glorious day when I won't be the fattest one there, but that WONT happen if I never go. I remember last year that I absolutely loved going to the gym, and I was totally happy because my body could do all the things I wanted it too. Just do it? Okay.
My perception is always screwed up. If I'm fat, I notice the girls who are thinner than me. If I'm fit, I notice the heavier ones. I want to feel good about my body again. Why should I have a second thought? The gym is great

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.