Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Old 08-24-2011, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

Good gravy, this thread's been busy today!

Almeeker, have to say, big kudos on pushing through and not giving in. And I say that because I know exactly the feeling and the thought process. Complete win on your part.

April, hope you feel better soon. At least it burned calories, right?

Joanna, glad you are back, settled, and ready to check out the gym!

Laura, glad to see you back, too. Sounds like you've done a lot of thinking and a lot of introspection, and you can't go wrong with that no matter what answers you come to.

Mike, glad you are easing back in. Slow and steady wins the race, bro.

Ang, always appreciate your thoughts. You pack a lot into a post, woman! I was just thinking this morning about the "spoiled kid" issue...in those terms. I'm cranky because I can't eat what I want and lay around and still be healthy. So I'm going through the stages of grief...denial, anger, depression, acceptance. Although it's not exactly linear, I'm hoping to get back to that last stage again soon.

Quinn, good luck with the mom today. Maybe some wine?

Mern, "pet weasel" had me rolling. My mom's not at the inappropriate comment stage as of yet, but I had an aunt, who has since passed, who lost all censoring skills when she aged. She was always prim, proper, almost prudish, no children...and when she entered her assisted living home, she became obsessed with one of the young male attendants. The things she said were extremely graphic and embarrassing. My poor mom was the one looking after her and it drove her to distraction. *Note to self---look up notes from seminar on how to preserve cognitive functioning as long as possible.

Well, thanks for the advice, Mike, et al.; I have a plan. First, this morning, once the boy got on the bus, I did a short but fairly strenuous trail, just to start the day on a good note. I probably did about 2.75-3 miles, but 1 mile of that was straight uphill. I'm still hoping to get to cardio tonight but other than that my time is limited today.

So, tomorrow I'm going to do the long, flat trail and hopefully that will give me time for some introspection and peace. Then I'm going to take my rebate from the new cell phone and go buy a pair of trail shoes per Quinn (yah, kinda wishing I had had those today...especially coming back down) and a pair of either cute or slightly slutty shoes. I just called for a hair appt. and my stylist is recovering from gall bladder surgery, so I have to wait for next week on that.

Okay, I've posted it; now I need to be accountable for it. Some days if I don't put it up here, I let it slide.

Hope everyone is rocking their day!
Old 08-24-2011, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie,
I hate having to take it slowly but I have to use my head.

That's awesome. That's a good distance, especially with a chunck of it being uphill! How are you coming on your 1st challenge?
Old 08-24-2011, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike! You're almost at goal weight again! Congratulations!!!
You always have something nice to say. If it were me looking at someone's graph that looked like mine, I would have replied something like "Hey, that looks like one of those downhill ski ramps for the Olympics! "
Old 08-24-2011, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

BIDIA Award --

What a great idea. For those of you that don't know, BIDIA is "but I did it anyway" as in, I didn't want to put down that cookie, but I did it anyway." Or "I didn't want to exercise, "but I did it anyway!"

I didn't want to walk the dog an extra 20 mins today, BIDIA.

And I'm NOT GOING TO WANT TO MINIMIZE MY INTAKE AT DINNER WITH FRIENDS TONIGHT -- But I'm going to do it anyway (BIG2DIA???)

Love the idea of a BIDIA award!!! Even if we just give it to ourselves. Me and Chalene today -- that'd going to be my BIDIA!

Okay -- break over, back to database building (arrgh, I'm a CREATIVE, I miss having a full-time assistant!)

Ang
Old 08-24-2011, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
How are you coming on your 1st challenge?
Haven't had time to give it the attention it deserves, but started turning some things over this morning; tomorrow morning is the plan for that one.

Yes, using your head and your muscles together will give you the best results!
Old 08-24-2011, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Yep Cassie it did burn calories! More than my walk did actually. How is that? It's almost done hurting now. We'll see how it does when I go for my lunch walk here in about a half hour.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Yep Cassie it did burn calories! More than my walk did actually. How is that? It's almost done hurting now. We'll see how it does when I go for my lunch walk here in about a half hour.
I really have come to love the feeling of being a bit sore. It means I'm using different muscles .
Old 08-24-2011, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I really have come to love the feeling of being a bit sore. It means I'm using different muscles .
Can't say that I love "sore", but it's far better than "pain". Which is what I get after a few days of slacking on the workouts.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
My mom's not at the inappropriate comment stage as of yet, but I had an aunt, who has since passed, who lost all censoring skills when she aged. She was always prim, proper, almost prudish, no children...and when she entered her assisted living home, she became obsessed with one of the young male attendants. The things she said were extremely graphic and embarrassing. My poor mom was the one looking after her and it drove her to distraction. *Note to self---look up notes from seminar on how to preserve cognitive functioning as long as possible.
I'm in big trouble then, my mother has never had any censoring skills, and she's a nurse. Good grief, I'm in for it. Right now mom has some issues with dysplasia, (spelling?) that's where you're thinking one thing, but say another, like weasel for dog. But otherwise her health is in pretty good shape.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

I think along with your scream pillow in the trunk you might want duck tape & rope

I too have come to like being sore. I don't like to hurt but being sore means I worked something that I usually don't. Lately it really takes doing something to get me sore. I guess that is a good thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.