Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011

Old 08-16-2011, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn...I am with the others. Talk to her. Lay out all the options and offer your support in whatever she decides. Then hopefully you have done the groundwork all along that she will make the right choice. It's tough I know.

Joanna...how are you liking PA? Maybe you are trapped in your apartment right now but once you get out and around...it is gorgeous. And Fall will be here in about a month & a half. That is true beauty! Hope you are able to enjoy it soon.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, oh, Social Studies!. I should have known that. With just turning 65 all I could think of as SS was Social Security and knew that wasn't right. Oh, yeah, it's $500 pay to play in the band beginning this year, too. And what's crazy to me is that the kids are providing a service for the school by taking part in band and sports, so the school should pay the KIDS who take part in band and sports. How's THAT idea? All other after school clubs and activities were totally eliminated.--chorus/glee club, drama club, all other performing arts clubs, science and math clubs, student council meetings, yearbook team, homework club... School building is closed 1/2 an hour after school lets out for the day.

Ashlie, I thought it might mean 2 loads of laundry. Good job! I need some clean laundry. Where are you? I'll send you my dark shirts and shorts to launder for me. They're permanent press, so you don't need to iron them. LOL

Quinn, wishing you and DD well with that parenting decision you have to make. An "owner's" manual and crystal ball should be at the end of the umbilical cord, don't ya think? Yeah, grown in the womb for that specific child since no two kids are alike. LOL But sometimes, as hard as it is, we have to let the child make an informed decision and hope everything turns out OK. Hey, I'll take all the credit for staying on track that's offered me--I don't look a gift horse in the mouth. LOL You are so sweet. I do need to focus more on exercise, though, and keep the carbs under my limit.

Amy, I have a pill minder. I use it and leave it on the kitchen table and forget about it. BUT---that's a great idea! I'm going to load it up right now and keep it--guess where--BY THE COMPUTER. I almost always post my daily report in the morning (vitamin D) and almost always check our group's posts in the evening (fish oil.) I needed a fish flake pill minder--I killed fish from overfeeding them--in my adulthood. DUH!

Last edited by Mern; 08-16-2011 at 04:36 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna, how do you like your new apartment in PA? Good to keep your goals small this week with settling into your new home. Big cyberhug to ya!
Old 08-16-2011, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

I have heard parents in our district complaining about our one time $50 to play fee. Maybe they should have to deal with the schools in your areas. My kids don't play anything but I still don't think the $50 ONE TIME is a bad thing.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

I agree, $50 isn't bad. Like I said, Idk about sports; we'll cross that bridge in spring, but band this year will be $250. If he had done marching band, that's $1200 . Okay, I promise to stop talking about high school. I guess my anxieties are coming out.

Joanna, glad you're getting settled in. Enjoy your experience!

April, what part of PA is Roaring Spring in? I lived outside of Philly for a number of years and always loved fall there...then again, I love fall everywhere . It just comes to some places earlier than others!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

$1200 for marching band!

Here I was about to go into withdrawal over the site being down for so many hours. I just found it back on and HAVE to watch the finale of Master Chef.

Glad I only missed two posts.

I'm done--talk to y'all tomorrow.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, you know that anything you eat while the site's down doesn't count, right?
Old 08-16-2011, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Mern, you know that anything you eat while the site's down doesn't count, right?
It shouldn't, but my hips will know all the same. I had such fitday withdrawal after lunch I ended up fighting with a competitors site to get a calorie total. Ugh, I'm such a moron, and I'm constipated, which makes me even worse.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report Card

1. Calories 1,500 M-Th, Sun, 1,800 F-S. 1,500, 1,500
2. 100 oz of water. Y,Y
3. 7 hours of exercise for the week. 70 min, 70 min (total 2:20)
4. 5 servings of fruits and veggies. Y,Y
5. Calorie deficit 3,500 for the week. -1,040, -1,381, (total -2,421)

Non fitness goals

6. Clean out dressers. No, One down
7. 30 minutes of housework daily + 1 load of laundry. Y,Y
8. Keep spending to a minimum. Y&N, Y
9. Create a new sketch for the church project. N,N
10. Clean out camper. DONE

I did alright today with exercise and calories, even accomplished a few of the non-fitness goals. Missed everybody today while the site was down, went through withdrawal even.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, yeah, I thought if the site was down, we got a free pass. What's with that wink. You were kidding????

Amy, constipated morons are my favorite kind of people. What a glowing report today on food and fitness! Way to go!

Hey, I did get in both my fish oil and vitamin D today. Having the pill minder right by the computer did the trick. My youngest grandkids are seven and almost ten--old enough that they don't think vitamin supplement capsules are candy and they know what they are, both disgusted at my taking fish oil , so I can leave them out.

But I have got to get back in the groove of exercise--actually DO it instead of just talking about it. Right now my heart is just not in it. Maybe after my granddaughter moves in (now Thursday because I have to take her to a college tour tomorrow) I can settle back into a routine with all commitments out of the way until school starts September 6. Then I'll be free from 9AM-2PM, so will be out of excuses.

Last edited by Mern; 08-16-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.