Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Old 08-13-2011, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lastri
Quinn: I am sorry you had such a bad day. I have 2 kids too but they are the opposite. The girl is first, She very smart and serious, but she very moody, super sensetive and hot temper. She quit her nap when she 18 month. Never sleep through the night until 4 years old. I had such hard time with her, she is 5 now. I still feel like cry some days. When she angry she actually use her words to tell me how angry she is and what she want me to be right then (like she want me disapear, she want to flush me down the toilet) ughhh not pretty.
My son on the other hand so easy, love nap, sleep through the night at 3 months. Well, I am actually scare to think of them when they are teen. I really don't know how parent survive.
Your daughter sounds a lot like my son. I think sometimes when they are kind of smart, they do things to try to outwit you. Sometimes, they just have such a strong sense of curiosity that it gets them into trouble... like when mine was 5 and wanted to know how a fire extinguisher worked at a local K Mart.

Mern,

I agree... I used to think that people always called me to "fix" their issues because I didn't work outside of the home. But now, I'm starting to see that it is probably more that they know that I'll know how to fix whatever it is. I think the trick is drawing the line before it completely takes you over... something that I need to work on... but, I'm getting better!

Sounds like you're the family "fixer", too. Please take time to take care of yourself. It sounds like there are an awful lot of demands being placed on you from multiple sources. Sometimes with adult children, we have to become "unavailable" occasionally for them to understand... and not feel guilty about it!

Well, I should have a much quieter day today. I have to help set up for that party and then my Packers play tonight at 6pm!! NFL I HAVE MISSED YOU! (I'm planning on shutting off my phone, locking the door and opening a bottle of wine... )
Old 08-13-2011, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

I have been so busy and last two days I fell off of my diet, grr. Today I am being strict and going to start doing some crunches as well. I am currently working on my next article for HubPages on dieting. Then I am figuring out what my article after that will be about.

I am down to 151.5 now though... so I should be happy, but not since it's going so slow.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Between us 4, but I have just 1. Yep all girls... including Chloe' and Mytsie.
So there are six people in your house, five female? Holy cow! You must be a very patient man! I bet there's lots of drama with that many girls all under one roof!
Old 08-13-2011, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

Trust me, I hold my own. I'm pretty easy going but I can't stand the catty (sp?) crap. They learned a long time ago that when they try to aggravate each other all it does is tick me off. There's been times that they'd start on each other and I only say two words "good night!" and I don't care if it's only 6:00pm. Once I say that, they know it means to get away from each other, shut the door and shut the mouth. If they aren't sleeping, they better have me believing it. I don't beg and plead for kids to behave, period. You send them to bed a few times when the sun is still up and they'll eventually learn. It that doesn't sink into their heads, then it gets nasty. Needless to say, I don't put up with much... B/C I don't have to. Kids will get away with what you let them. I always keep a drug test kit from Walgreens in my closet and have used that on more than one occasion.

I guess it runs smoothly (for the most part) b/c they know that if they mess up, it's going to be handled. When I say mess up, I don't mean "kids being kids". A couple years ago the youngest got pissed, walked in her room and slammed the door. I followed her with a screwdriver and pulled it off the hinges. That door stayed off way past the time time that the lesson was learned. The reason, I had just replaced it b/c the other one was old, cheap and had been slammed so it was falling apart.

I use to have to say "Turn off your light when you leave your room!", until I started removing light bulbs.

Like they say, for every action, there's a reaction!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-13-2011 at 03:27 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1. log, Log, LOG! Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. 500 calorie deficit +581, -727, -1408, -986, -535 (week total -3075)
3. 80oz water daily Yes, Yes, Yes!, Yes, Yes
4. only one diet soda daily Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes,. Yes

I don't have time since it's the weekend to thank each of you individually although I did read all of the posts and they are amazing. I am so glad to know that I am not the 'only one'. Sometimes are just harder than others. The worst part is he lied about where he was going and had a friend with him so his friend got to hear the whole thing and now he is pretty mad at me. I just really don't care about that at this point and am actually hoping that it might be what he needed. He, like the others, is intelligent. Both of my boys are. The older has been in high honors classes up until this year going in as a freshman...he doesn't like algebra and being smart he can't see a use for it so it makes it hard for him to have to try so hard to get it so he dropped down to geometry. I can completely understand and accept that. He spent many classes after school last year to keep a B average in algebra. And never once did I have to tell him to do it. About two years ago the younger one went from high honors to honors classes. Mostlyl because he doesn't do homework, waits till the last minute on projects, etc. If it doesn't come easy he doesn't want to do it.

Well...after I read a few more posts I am off to do my housework and hopefully some yard work if the sun comes out and dries up the rain.

Have a great weekend everyone! And I hope my scale keeps doing what it's doing!!! I will post results of that on Monday!
Old 08-13-2011, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
So there are six people in your house, five female? Holy cow! You must be a very patient man! I bet there's lots of drama with that many girls all under one roof!
There are four now. I sent my daughter to live with her mom a while back. She still stays here some but she lives with her mom now. Well actually thee b/c the other is about to go back to college in a few days.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-13-2011 at 03:28 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I use to have to say "Turn off your light when you leave your room!", until I started removing light bulbs.
Oooh idea! My dad will tell everyone else to turn off the lights, close doors that should be closed, and such, but he does the same thing. Then he gets mad when you remind him. It's quite annoying. I should tell my mom to do the light thing to him, lol.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ChibiSub
Oooh idea! My dad will tell everyone else to turn off the lights, close doors that should be closed, and such, but he does the same thing. Then he gets mad when you remind him. It's quite annoying. I should tell my mom to do the light thing to him, lol.
Why's it annoying, does he pay the bill or do you? If I were married and my daughter talked my wife into removing my light bulbs and I was paying the bill, there would be hell to pay... and extra room in the house b/c they would both have to find another place to sleep. Besides, you really don't want to stick your mother in the middle of it and do your dirty work for you, do you?

This isn't directed at anyone in particular...

There are many different views when it comes too discipline, and sometimes it can become a touchy subject. All I can say is just like with diet, do what works for you. There is no one size fits all. There are some people that don't have to say a word to their kids, some can just give the "evil eye" and be done with it and some may take not so subtle actions and all may never have an issue with their kids. Just as the opposite can be said. I think in this day and age where there are some many broken homes that the parents have to be on the same page, even if living apart. I'm not saying that they should discipline the same way, but I think they should know how the other would handle a situation and never let the kid, child, teen, adult child or anyone dependent on them dictate what's going to happen until that person is self supportive.

I'm not saying that the child shouldn't have a voice or an opinion but I think if you are depending on someone (parent, friend or child) you should live by their rules, and if you don't like it then get out. The reason why I said child is b/c I'm sure that there are many baby boomers that are or will be living with and taken care of by THEIR child. Just as I had to live by my dad's rule when I lived with him, you can bet your ass that if he ever came to live with me, it would be under my rules.

That's how I feel on that subject. I should probably keep my opinions to myself from here on out before I offend someone.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-13-2011 at 04:30 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

OK my goals:
1) no more than 1600 calories per day: 1470, 1660, 1173, 1622,2153
2) 64 oz water: 40, 56, 40, 48,40
3) get more sleep; I could pack to visit Rose in the UK with the bags under my eyes: a bit more, still can't get a full night -stupid mind keeps waking me up, 6 hours or so of coma like sleep from sheer nervous exhaustion, some sleep4) more fruits and especially veg (I like Terri's idea; one with each meal, may try that):yes, yes, no, some not enough,YES
5) write : a bit, mostly just journal stuff, same as yesterday prolly less, yes, eh,yes
6) meditate : No, NO, yes, yes,no
7) gym or walk 4x this week: at least 2.5 miles, the longest I've done in years, short walk with DH, more like a frigging shuffle than walk I sleptwalked in other words, no, yes short walk,gym
Old 08-13-2011, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

One, I don't live with them anymore so I can't do it and two, my mom complains about the same thing with him and wishes she could get him to stop. He may pay the bills, but if he's complaining about other people doing it, he should show an example by doing it himself. And I don't mean simple complaining about it... he yells and stresses everyone else out and makes living there uncomfortable. I think my family has every right to do this to him when he treats them horribly at times (besides about this stuff... I am not getting into it). The funny thing is he does it more than anyone else now since he only has the one daughter that does it and she doesn't do it anymore than him. When I visited last time, he was complaining about someone leaving the bathroom light on and going on and on about it, even yelling about it. It was him that did it.

Also right now they can't afford him doing that anymore... they barely can afford the house they have now to the point that my disabled mother will have to get a job that she can do. Though she hasn't worked for over 15 years or so and has no experience with computers. So I think her taking out the lightbulbs to get him to stop leaving them on along with the tv and computers, will be good for them.

Another thing... my mom would find it funny to do it to him.

Last edited by ChibiSub; 08-13-2011 at 04:38 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.