Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1

Old 08-01-2011, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week

Work out at the gym all three of my lunch breaks - Since I work part-time
Run two nights outside
Keep diet under 1300 calories
Drink plenty of water
Walk at least 2 miles when I am off with my daughter.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Ann, welcome to our group. Very admirable goals! How old is your daughter?

April, welcome back! I, too, need to see my goals and achievements in writing in front of me in order to stay on track. Nice goals you have! Hey, unless one has no life outside of the computer, it's very difficult to keep up with all the posts. I can't always. We're a pretty yacky group. LOL Thanks so much for your congrats and kind words. The only reason I got my plateau broken is due to a post of Kumochi Mary who mentioned those sodium nitrites/nitrates being a problem for her. Eating more processed meats was the only thing I was doing differently from when I was in a weight loss mode. You just never know how mentioning one little thing can be of such a help to someone else.

Joanna, kudos for your food and water goals with beginning to pack. And extra kudos for losing almost 8 lbs. since 6/19!

Rose, hi! I was wondering where you went. Thanks for your kudos! You have great goals this week. I know you can do it!

Amy, where are ya? Miss you!

Terri, you still bogged down at work?

Didn't feel like doing my aerobic walking exercise DVD because I couldn't go to the gym, but made myself promise to do 15 minutes (before I could go to the grocery store) and then I could quit. Kept promising another couple minutes at a time and that second 15 minutes just flew by. Sometimes just making myself get started is all I need.

Last edited by Mern; 08-01-2011 at 04:51 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Love to join your group

Your motivational thread is, well, motivational. I joined fit day last year but for a variety of reasons didn't stay connected. Did manage to lose and keep off eight pounds, though. It's miniscule compared to the work a lot of folks on this group have managed. But it's better than what I was doing before: going up.

Have been looking for some way to stay focused. Your motivational thread seems to be it. Love the humor like the Schizophrenic food and the taglines like the if you drop an egg ... wisdom, and all the support everyone seems to give each other. Looking forward to being a part of all that and hope I can make a contribution.

Meanwhile, starting back with modest goals for this week, just to log in daily with the weight check, to keep a log of foods eaten, and to get moving (walk) at least five times a week. I'm a writer and sit a lot either researching or at my computer, so the "get moving" goal will be the hardest for me.

Preliminary info: I'm at 182 lbs, 5'5". Looking to lose and keep off about 60 lbs total—wait a minute—since I've already lost 8, wow, only 52 to go.

So, hi all. Looking forward to reading more about everyone's great goals, successes, and motivations.

Sawyer
Old 08-01-2011, 05:58 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Mern! My daughter will be 2 in October so I should probably change my pic now!! Thanks for the support!
Old 08-01-2011, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Mern - you're right, sometimes it's the getting started that's the hardest. This evening I came home, got changed and was heading to the treadmill when my partner phoned, this is usually my cue to sit down and chat with the exercise given a miss. This time I walked out to the treadmill chatting to him and when we'd talked I was all ready for my 30 mins.
That trip of yours sounds like a good plan, you go for it. Cherry Garcia was my favourite Ben & Jerry's but it's been discontinued :-(

Cassie - Have a wonderful time at the beach, are you a bikini babe or a swimsuit stunner? *

Rose - here's to the start of a great week for you.

Ann & Sawyer - big welcome to you both.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hey losers, count me in. Life has been so nuts that I've been a little off the wagon the last couple of weeks and struggling to get back on, although I do feel the switch getting flipped in the right direction. There is a family wedding the end of this month, and my 25 year class reunion in a couple of weeks, so I really want to be down a few more pounds for both of those events.

Yesterday DH and I dropped our little ladies off at camp! I also found a teenager to fill in for me and watch the kids I usually babysit. I swear it took more effort to take a week off motherhood than it would if I were a corporate big wig with a fancy title. It's a difficult concept for most people to understand that SAHMs needs a little time off from the children, but we do. Just think of it this way, I haven't been away from them for more than 18 hours in 3 YEARS!!! How would you feel if you had been at work 24/7 with only a few 18 hour breaks here and there? You would feel NUTS, trust me.

Health & Fitness Goals

1. Calories 1,500 max
2. Water 96 oz min
3. Exercise 6 hours for the week
4. Calorie deficit 3,500

Other

5. Shovel out house.

That's it.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Hey losers, count me in. Life has been so nuts that I've been a little off the wagon the last couple of weeks and struggling to get back on, although I do feel the switch getting flipped in the right direction. There is a family wedding the end of this month, and my 25 year class reunion in a couple of weeks, so I really want to be down a few more pounds for both of those events.

Yesterday DH and I dropped our little ladies off at camp! I also found a teenager to fill in for me and watch the kids I usually babysit. I swear it took more effort to take a week off motherhood than it would if I were a corporate big wig with a fancy title. It's a difficult concept for most people to understand that SAHMs needs a little time off from the children, but we do. Just think of it this way, I haven't been away from them for more than 18 hours in 3 YEARS!!! How would you feel if you had been at work 24/7 with only a few 18 hour breaks here and there? You would feel NUTS, trust me.
I get it... The only way that I survived the last 28 years without becoming a drooling, babbling, incoherent mess, was to be unyielding when it came to Friday night date night, insisted on an occasional weekend away and spent one week a year away with my husband... FAR AWAY... like "out of the country with no phone" far away... lol I'd cry for the first day because I missed my kids. Then, after a few tropical drinks and much needed adult conversation, I'd say "What kids??". After the week was over, I usually cried because I had to come home. I only had two kids, but I was one of only two SAHM in my daughter's entire graduating class, so I always had extras at the table.

When you talked about being at work 24/7, that's exactly what I tell my husband... no pay, no vacation, no bonus, no sick days, no promotions. Believe me, I get it.

Take your week off and RUN!!! Be completely self-indulgent. (No cleaning closets, etc. allowed!!!) Believe me, the week will be over before you know it.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

DH is usually pretty complimentary about my cooking. But for my turkey chili, aka "Southwest Turkey Chili Seasoned to Perfection in a Sauce of Fresh From The Garden Tomatoes with Green Peppers and Black Beans" I got his opinion "the chili isn't very good." But he was skeptical from the very beginning because he loves my ground beef chili and could smell the meat I was cooking wasn't ground beef. I wasn't offended; I value his opinion and wanted an honest answer because I'd rather not make something a second time if he doesn't like it. However, I liked it just fine and told him I'll eat the leftovers myself over the next two days.

Ann, OMG, your daughter is ADORABLE! I just now looked when you said you should change that pic. You are very photogenic yourself.

Sawyer, welcome. Congrats on those 8 lbs. you lost! We're always glad to have new members and hope you find with us the support you seek, and have fun along the way. Very nice goals for this week! I'm a big fan of modest goals and baby steps in whatever area we need to do better. What do you write about?

Lizzie, excellent strategy to get yourself on that treadmill despite the phone call from your partner! Way to go, girl! A trip with my daughter would be a few years down the road, but I'll do it for sure. I had talked DH into going to Philadelphia, PA, USA this September when the weather is cooler, but we had to cancel because I have to go back to babysitting and driving my grandkids to and from two different schools because the school district doesn't have enough money for school busses.

Amy, glad you're back. I TOTALLY understand that SAHM's need time to themselves. I've worked full time in a high pressure job before having kids, an occasional part time job after they were born, and have been a SAHM. And I can swear on my kids lives that being a SAHM was the hardest thing I've ever done. My first totally kid free day was in 1994 when our daughter was 17 and looking back I wish I had found a way to take a break. Good for you! I hope you enjoy every second of your well-deserved vacation from mommyhood. Nice, simple goals this week that should be quite effective!

Quinn, "What kids?" LOL You were a smart cookie, too, making that time for yourself when your kids were young.

Last edited by Mern; 08-01-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, this is my best attempt to reply to everyone.
Originally Posted by Mern
Thanks for starting us out, Mike. Glad I didn't need to use that whip--but I'm keeping it in the corner by my computer just in case....

I'm really pumped! Down another pound this morning since breaking my plateau.

Daily goals the same as last week BUT I'm putting two goals I grossly underachieved last week at the top of the list.

Fish oil and Vitamin D
5 servings fruits/veggies
I'm glad that I could get us going. Congrats on dropping another pound. Wooo whoo! You'll do better this week. It can be tought getting in 5 servings of fruits/veggies.

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Hi Mike and Mern Looks like us oldies and Mike are the ones to start this week. Or maybe it's the week of M & M's. I'm feeling motivated to work hard the next two weeks. I leave for Florida for 10 days on the 15th and know losing will be a challange then. My goal is to eat well and exercise for a total defecit of 5000 calories per week.
Yummy, M&M's. Have fun in Florida but until then it's time to get crackin'!

Originally Posted by Lizards13

2. Keep getting on that treadmill as often as possible.
Lizzy, your goals look good but only count getting on the treadmill if you walk on it. Just don't get on it while it's already moving, like this guy.

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I'm in! BAAAAAADDDD weekend, food-wise... but, on the bright side, I got in a ton of exercise so, maybe, the damage won't be too bad. Keeping my goals really simple this week because I have an out of town shopping trip planned with daughter, and I have to get through 36 pages of new college apps., hopefully, by the end of the week. I probably won't be around a whole lot until I get this done, but I'll check in as I can.

Luckily for me, I have a stead fast rule that I don't eat while I'm on the laptop. (That should be most of the week!)

* 4 fruits and veggies a day. (Can't figure out why this has been hard for me this summer as I was, pretty much, a vegetarian for 4 years.)

*Eat clean. (Simple enough.)

* Log foods and limit calories to 1200.
I like your goal, there's nothing wrong with simple. Did you notice that I'll walk more than 10 miles... if you do?

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I'm not setting goals this week...I'm on vacation and leave for the beach tomorrow morning. I'll check in till then and probably resume Saturday night when we get to the hotel on the way home. I don't think I have internet at the condo at the ocean.
Enjoy your vacation. You know you should pig out before having to put on a bathing suit.

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, I think you did a good job, too. The fish is good protein, some Omega-3, and sometimes it just tastes best fried. And baking the French fries was a great idea to cut down on fat intake. Gee, you still came in at -530 for the day and exceeded your goal of a 3000 calorie deficit for the week by 427--plus you walked 3.4 miles! Congrats on that! Yeah, you're up a little in fluff, but give yourself kudos for jumping right back in there and aiming to reclaim that muscle ripped bod. How's your back feeling?

Cassie and Quinn, ah, there's your opening for a good jab: "I ate like a 'normal person...' " Granny here gives you permission to give Mike your best shot.

I know Mike was just kidding about us being old, but I'll throw in my 2 cents worth: I weigh just 2 1/2 pounds more than I did ten years ago. I've reversed my pre-diabetes, quit smoking, and I'm exercising on a regular basis--exercised only occasionally until joining this group. And now I'm working on lowering my cholesterol and triglyceride numbers through diet.
Yeah frying the fish probably wasn't the best option but at least I can say it was fresh. My back feels better today. I think that skipping a workout did me some good. I never claimed to be normal but that was just wrong. Yes, I was joking about y'all being old... granny.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I think it is my turn to get back into goal making. I have been slacking and my weight not dropping is showing it to me.
April, I've done my fair share of slacking. You know what you need to do!

Originally Posted by bojibridge
I'm in!

1.) Stay under 1600 calories/day
2.) Drink 64 oz. water/day
3.) Start packing
Joanna, I have faith in you, I think you can do 80oz of water a day.

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
I have been bad but I after being absent for a week I cannot stay away any longer. I just read all the posts and everyone's goals look great.

Thanks Mike for starting us off!

1.Eat between 1100-1400 calories
2. 30% protein daily
3. 8-10 glasses of water daily
4. take my vitamins
5. No Sugar!
6. Exercise 4 hours this week.
7. minimum 700-calorie deficit per day.
Rose, I know the feeling of being bad.Nice, strong goals! No sugar???? Like no fruit, etc or just no added sugar?

Originally Posted by Hunny24
Goals for the week

Work out at the gym all three of my lunch breaks - Since I work part-time
Run two nights outside
Keep diet under 1300 calories
Drink plenty of water
Walk at least 2 miles when I am off with my daughter.
Well Ann, it's nice to have you back. Sounds like you should be getting in some miles this week.

Originally Posted by reywas
Your motivational thread is, well, motivational. I joined fit day last year but for a variety of reasons didn't stay connected. Did manage to lose and keep off eight pounds, though. It's miniscule compared to the work a lot of folks on this group have managed. But it's better than what I was doing before: going up.

Have been looking for some way to stay focused. Your motivational thread seems to be it. Love the humor like the Schizophrenic food and the taglines like the if you drop an egg ... wisdom, and all the support everyone seems to give each other. Looking forward to being a part of all that and hope I can make a contribution.

Meanwhile, starting back with modest goals for this week, just to log in daily with the weight check, to keep a log of foods eaten, and to get moving (walk) at least five times a week. I'm a writer and sit a lot either researching or at my computer, so the "get moving" goal will be the hardest for me.

Preliminary info: I'm at 182 lbs, 5'5". Looking to lose and keep off about 60 lbs total—wait a minute—since I've already lost 8, wow, only 52 to go.

So, hi all. Looking forward to reading more about everyone's great goals, successes, and motivations.

Sawyer
Sawyer, it's nice to have you join us. Congrats on the 8 pound loss. Keep pushing for the other 52.

Originally Posted by almeeker

Health & Fitness Goals

1. Calories 1,500 max
2. Water 96 oz min
3. Exercise 6 hours for the week
4. Calorie deficit 3,500

Other

5. Shovel out house.

That's it.
losers? Hey speak for yourself. Speaking of losing are you ever going to get the Words With Friends app? I have yet to make a class reunion. We had our 20yr a couple years back. Maybe one of these years I'll give it a go. You can be down a few pounds by then.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

Mike,

10 miles? You're on Buddy! Just logged 3 tonight. Last night's 6 was an oddity. My usual route is 3 miles. But, last night, I decided to go twice because it was too nice to go home. My legs were leg jello by the end, though... lol.

Tomorrow, I'm spending the day shopping... how many miles do you think two women can walk shopping all day in a mall?? (Maybe I'll wear my pedometer and find out!)

* 4 fruits and veggies a day. (Can't figure out why this has been hard for me this summer as I was, pretty much, a vegetarian for 4 years.) Yes.

*Eat clean. (Simple enough.) Yes.

* Log foods and limit calories to 1200. 1068 (...on laptop all day )

Mike's Challenge: 3 miles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.