Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1

Old 08-05-2011, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, but if that's your only cheat day this week, then you're OK anyway. We know you're entitled to that one cheat day.

Lizzie, good for you for not letting those scale numbers aggravate you. Taking the average was very smart. Great that you're getting in that exercise now. I'm hoping DH comes back from golf soon so I can head to the gym before I lose my willpower. Yesterday I honestly did not have five minues to spare to exercise until evening and then I had no willpower left. If I don't do it morning or afternoon, I don't do it.

Terri, that's the great thing about recipes--almost any can be tweaked for the sake of variety or for another use. Oh, I should have clarified that--the nurse I was talking to knew I drink only caffeine free tea and coffee. So that's why she told me it was OK to count my tea as water. Now my chocolate is another story--I ain't giving up my Russell Stover or Hershey sugar free dark chocolate.

Last edited by Mern; 08-05-2011 at 03:12 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

I only walked 2 miles. It was just too hot to do more.

1) Eat clean 6 days (only 1 cheat day): yes, yes, yes, no
2) 3000 calories deficient for the week: -774, -888, -1150, +764 (2048 so far)
3) Weigh in on Monday and post a picture of the scale, myself & my weight goal chart: yes
4) Make my food log public: yes http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...?Owner=01gt4.6
5) walk/run 10 miles (or more if Quinn does more): 3.75, 0, 2, 0
6) gallon of water a day: yes, yes, yes, yes
7) work out 3 times: no, yes, no, no
9) daily:
fish oil x 2 yes, yes (doctor says no more )
vitamin yes, yes, yes, yes
floss yes, yes, yes, yes
10) no more than 2 servings of nuts per day (including peanut butter): yes(2), yes (2), yes (1), no (~6)
11) 5 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged): yes(5)
, yes(5), no (2), no (3)
Old 08-05-2011, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Mike...I didn't mean to scare ya. I don't remember how you injured your back. My hubby's was from a car accident. It is basically like whip lash in the lower back. He has more muscle & nerve damage than bone/joint so there is no fix for it. He stopped taking pain meds about 7 yrs ago and decided to deal with it and get back to living. He feels a lot better now that he is back to working and supporting his family (over 5 yrs now) but he is in daily pain. Lots of back massages for my hubby
Old 08-05-2011, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Exclamation About the ground turkey recall

Geez, I thought I was safe with my ground turkey after Quinn posted about the Cargill ground turkey recall. BUT I just found out my Honesuckle White ground turkey IS from Cargill. I no longer have my packaging to check the sell or freeze by dates. DH didn't like my turkey chili, but we didn't get the least bit sick after eating it and I had two servings. Just to be on the safe side, though, I threw out the rest that I had frozen.

The incubation period for salmonella is 12-72 hours. It's been 72 hours since my first serving--whew, we were lucky, I guess.

If you have any ground turkey at all, check the list. It's sold under the brand names of Shady Brook, Riverside, Kroger, Giant Eagle, Safeway, Honeysuckle White, possibly others on the list.

Here is the list of the recalled products in pdf. form

http://stage1.order.cargill.com/na3047772.pdf

or visit Cargill: international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. for further information

The recalled items were sold in Kroger stores in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia; Dillons and Gerbes stores in Kansas and Missouri; Baker’s stores in Nebraska; Fry's stores in Arizona; King Soopers and City Market stores in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming; Food 4 Less, Hilander, Jay C, Owen's, Pay Less and Scott's stores in Illinois and Indiana; and Ralphs, Foods Co. and Food 4 Less in California.

Not included in this recall are stores the company operates under the following names: Fred Meyer stores in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington; Smith's stores in Arizona, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah and Wyoming; and QFC stores in Oregon and Washington.

Last edited by Mern; 08-05-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the turkey recall info Mern, and I'm so glad you dodged the bullet. Apparently we did too because usually I stock pile ground turkey in the freezer when it goes on sale. However I haven't purchased grocery store meat since the end of March, in anticipation of the 1/2 steer in May. We also just got a whole lamb delivered. To open either of those deep freezers is risking death by avalanche.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

Friday Report

Health & Fitness Goals

1. Calories 1,500 max. 2,632, 1,499, 2,315 pot luck, 1,424, 1,680
2. Water 96 oz min. Y,Y,Y,Y,Y
3. Exercise 6 hours for the week. 0 min, 0 min, 0 min, 0 min, 0 min Tomorrow I go back to the gym I swear!
4. Calorie deficit 3,500. +664, -511, +362, -727, -257 (total -469)

Other

5. Shovel out house. Living room + part of kitchen, living room + some kitchen + dining room, kitchen, front porch, DD's bedroom, Nope, went shopping, then out to lunch, after that was camp pick-up.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

I am craving a blast but I can't have another cheat this week. I guess I'll go for a walk.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

Good for you fro resisting Mike. I went over on calories today as my family arrived after my dinner but not having eaten. The pizza I cooked for them was too tempting So was the wine and ice cream. Not bad but 1000 calories over my goal! Got to buckle down for the rest of the weekend. Mary
Old 08-05-2011, 02:52 PM
FitDay Member

I will attempt to catch up with the chatty bunch!

Mern, as always thank you for your kind words about my goals. I didn't end up having any snacks after midnight! And now that you mention them, I could do donuts and not break my no baked goods goal as they are fried. Thank you for the idea (Although that would surely leave me with no deficit)

Almeeker, well then your logic is also perfect Hope you took Terri's advice on the in home spa treatment.

Mary, glad you enjoyed your birthday! You will recover tomorrow from today's pizza

April, your mushroom ravioli sounded delicious! I tell you I couldn't have managed a deficit with that! Have fun this weekend fixing the room up!

Joanna, great going on your goals, specially the starting packing!

Mike, sorry about your pain. Still hope you enjoyed your cheat day, now just stay away from that blast!

Terri, I hope your knee is doing better. If you ever find that theory on food textures please let me know, a lot of people I know don't understand when I say I don't like the texture of some food

Lizzie, congrats on your loss!

Sawyer, you should definitely count virtual exercise. Great call on the informed donut decision.

Ann, congratulations on your loss! All that running around with your 2 year old pays off!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

I went for a walk tonight and the heat index was only 83*. If it wasn't so damn muggy I would have grabbed a jacket and some ear muffs.

Why is it that every time I get new shoes and go for a walk I get what I assume to be shin splints? After about 2 miles I was able to pretty much walk through them, but I had another issue on my walk. I took an Aleve about an hour before going so I didn't have much od a PITA but for some reason 2 of my toes on that same side went numb, or fell asleep, whatever. I only ended up going 2.69 miles but I was still able to maintain my 4mph pace.

I also got in a short (30min) workout today, and was able to spend a few minutes in the hot tub. I posted my rant about that elsewhere.

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Good for you fro resisting Mike. I went over on calories today as my family arrived after my dinner but not having eaten. The pizza I cooked for them was too tempting So was the wine and ice cream. Not bad but 1000 calories over my goal! Got to buckle down for the rest of the weekend. Mary
You can keep the wine but I can do some serious damage on pizza and ice cream. It looks like we both have to buckle down for the weekend.

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Mike, sorry about your pain. Still hope you enjoyed your cheat day, now just stay away from that blast!
I did enjoy it. I guess you can say that I went nuts. Right before bed I had a serving of peanuts, 3 servings of cashews and 1.5 PB&J sammiches. I'll have to save the blast for next week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.