Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25

Old 07-30-2011, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

Mary, temptation follows you like a shadow today, doesn't it? Good plan on protein shake, the beans and tilapia. That's one of my favorite fish. And kudos on the exercise! Have a great day!
Old 07-30-2011, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks, Mern, but that was Quinn who got the compliments!!

I did get an older man at the post office a couple weeks ago. For some reason he looked like he had been working on cars in the middle of cornfields and when I held the door open for him, he said, around the keychain in his mouth, mind you, "You shur are purty!" So, um, nope.

Although my son did tell me last night I was a "cool mom" and hubby tells me I'm "really hot for 43," so I'll take it!

Mern, your dinner sounds delicious! Hope you enjoy it.

Mary, best laid plans, right? Love, love, love, pawning naughty food off on others . Enjoy your day and your dinner as well.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

Mern - no whip for you, you do your fair share of exercise regularly. I had a good day out with mum and sis, had a salad for lunch and got a bargain on a new top from one of my favourite boutiques, 2 sizes smaller than usual.

Quinn - I'm sure you deserve all the compliments that come your way. Once when I was in Italy ( and lighter than now) two young men walked past, pointed at me and said Coca Cola in a sort of sexy way, I said to my friend that maybe they thought we were American, but an older Italian man overheard and said no, they mean you have the shape of a coca cola bottle and made an hourglass shape in the air, I was so pleased.

Cassie- sounds like things are going better than you thought they would, so glad if they are. You didn't say what sort of cake it is?

Joanna - I love my little garden, my sister designed it to be low maintenance and it is, I just do a little weeding and water my tubs on the deck, then I sit back and enjoy.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words on my exercise attempts, now I feel I have to try to keep up the walks as often as I can, you're subtle but you're good.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, I posted this to Cassie in error, but now I'm giving it to you because I'm sure it applies: "Oh, I forgot to give you kudos on the comments about how great you look. Now you know GUYS don't say that unless they mean it. You must look really great!"

Cassie, I'm glad you told me I made a mistake--thinking it was you who got the compliments. But I've seen your pic before and agree you "shur are purty." Wow, "cool mom" and "really hot for 43" are great, too.
Oh, wow, our dinner WAS delicious. Thanks.

Lizzie, you are so sweet. I'm better on exercise than I used to be, but some days I just don't want to do it. You know what I hate? I hate sweating from exercise. I always have to take a hand towel and bottle of ice water to the gym with me and take a shower as soon as I get home. And then I always take another shower before going to bed. DH hardly breaks a sweat when he exercises. Maybe when I'm skinny I won't either(?).Yes, that's our intention--gently nudging each other to exercise or do better in meeting our individual goals--even while acknowledging that none of is perfect. We're all here because we need accountability and encouragement from each other.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

Would be a good day if not for the wine. Of course the wine led to more frank discussions than my son and I would normally have and since he is going through a recent seperation discussion may be good. . Next weekend his ex-wife is visiting and we too will be sharing too much wine. Love and support them both. With her I will need to create a new relationship as we both want that. Oh if only life were simple! LOL Mary
Old 07-30-2011, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Hey ladies, just checking in briefly. I didn't want y'all to think that I bailed on y'all this weekend. I've been out fishing all day and just got in. Was a good day though. It looks like I'll be eating redfish tomorrow. I had a monster redfish get caught up around the boat motor and when my buddy went to get him with the net, he missed it and scared it off and if broke my swivel. The one before him was 20" and this one was much bigger, I'm guessing 24-26".

Oh the worse thing about "the fish that got away" is that when I was fighting him to the boat, my back started bothering me. As soon as I got home I had to take 2 Aleve.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-30-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:09 PM
FitDay Member

Default hello

Hi everyone, my name is cassie. I'm not very good at this sort of thing but im going to give it a shot. I'm 21 years old and just got married june 16th of this year. My husband says im beautiful to him but i just dont see it. I weigh 267lbs and am headed straight to the ground per say. My self discipline stink. I just need some advice or maybe just females to talk to about it. I'm not sure. The only thing i do know is i would love to love myself again and start a family without putting myself or a child at risk
Old 07-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

My goals for the week:
1) Eat clean 6 days (only 1 cheat day): yes, yes, yes, yes
2) 3000 calories deficient for the week: -891,-1478, -455, -761, +1988, -1300 (-2817 so far)
3) Weigh in on Monday and post a picture of the scale: yes
4) either post my weekly food graphs or make my food log public: yes 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal
5) walk/run 10 miles: 3.05, 1.32, 0, 0, 2.80, 0 (7.17 so far)
6) gallon of water a day: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) work out 3 times: no, yes, no, yes, no, no
9) daily:
fish oil x 2 yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
vitamin yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
floss yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
10) take picture of myself and post up: yes, see above
11) no more than 2 servings of nuts per day (including peanut butter) yes (1), yes (1), yes (2), yes (2), no (4), yes (0)
12) 5 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged) yes (5), yes (5), yes (6), yes (6), no (1),
no (2.5)

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-30-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

welcome aboard Cassandra. Feel free to list some goals for the last day of the week and jump right in.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:51 PM
FitDay Member

1.) Stay under 1550 calories/day: Yes/Yes/No/Yes/Yes/Not quite, but only because of some medicinal OJ
2.) Drink at least 64 oz. water/day: Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes
3.) Try for less carbs, more protein: Not awesome/Alright/Satisfactory/Good/Good on carbs, but too much fat/Not great

Got an open house tomorrow, which means more of my least favorite chores to get ready for that... so great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.