Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18

Old 07-23-2011, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Mike, let's see...my tricks for staying accountable and on track: Tack my bathing suit to the pantry door, and/or posting my food log. Either one of them grab ya?
This is what I'm thinking...
1) make a 5 week weight goal (post my graph every week)
2) weight in every Monday and post a picture on the scale
3) take a picture every Monday (in front of the mirror) and post up
4) either post my weekly food graphs or make my food log public

I've been eating like hell and I know I'm putting on weight. I know I am, I b/c I can see it and the mirror doesn't lie. Remember your 3-4k day you had, I'd bet that every day has been like that. I haven't logged a thing. This kinda excites me and I wonder if it's because I feel its either harder (or boring) to maintain weight than it is to lose weight???

Originally Posted by quinnesec
No, I don't belong to a gym. I'd like to use my hand weights (3, 5, and 8 pounders) to start. I know that must sound wimpy to a weight lifter, but I have a bulged disk in my neck and I want to see how that goes first. Just want some definition in my biceps and triceps. I also had a pretty major hand surgery a few years ago to repair a crushed median nerve, so I also avoid things like pull-ups or push-ups as well, so I'm a bit limited.

I've searched a lot of websites, but with the lower back and hand issue I can't figure it out. Any suggestions you may have would be great!
First off, ask your doctor before you try to lift ANY weight, seriously. If he gives you the okay then go for it. Neck and back are two totally different injuries. I did everything seated or lying b/c I didn't want the weight to compress my lower spline. I did preacher curls for biceps b/c I felt like if I had support from under my arm pit/tricep area the weight would be pushing on my spine.
For triceps, trying doing some tricep kick backs.
If your doctor gives you the okay also try some body weight exercises, such as push ups (hands in various positions... close, wide, regular and various speeds) And don't forget about dips but I'd start off without a chair under your feet.

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Sorry for all of those experiencing bad heat, may the weekend bring you a cool breeze.

Mike, any news on the hard drive? You can pretty much recover files most of the time from a hard drive. Wish a good weekend that prepares you for a new butt-kicking week.
The only time we get a cool breeze in southeast Louisiana during the summer is when a hurricane comes through, so don't sent the breeze my way.
I got my new laptop yesterday. Monday I'll ship back my old one and I hope to hear something next week. Thanks.

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
And I see we have a new member, the dancing banana who is burning more calories that any of us. I resent that stupid banana! How can he have so much energy in this heat?

Mike, I've had to buy a brand new computer this week. My trusty old G5 totally bit the dust and I got an iMac. It's very pretty! I hope your hard drive is salvageable! Any news?
Don't resent the banana. He was so much energy b/c he's packed with pack acting , glycogen spiking carbohydrates. I hope to find out something next week on the computer. I can imagine that the iMac set you back a couple pennies.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-23-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

I'll be back later to read the posts and catch up on replies.

For now must fess up about yesterday.

Calorie goal 1600, actual 878
Sat fat target 10-12%, actual 17%
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 98.4g
Exercise none

What did I eat? Egg substitute and turkey bacon on half a low carb tortilla, half a chocolate covered yeast doughnut, and two snack cakes. Topped it off with sugar free chocolate as if that somehow would have helped. Cut myself off eating when I thought of how I was sabotaging my blood sugar stability with all those carbs.

Also ate...........my own words. It was stress eating, which I told y'all I never do--and I really did believe that when I said it. I made the mistake of talking to a friend about an issue that is causing me a lot of emotional pain lately and she actually replied to me by simply making a sound like a baby crying. Long story short I acted like her reply didn't phase me and I changed the subject. Afterwards I rebelled via the stress eating-- not against my problems, but against having been treated that way when I was close to tears talking about my problem. And now I'm trying to figure out exactly how I thought stress eating would help or how it would give me satisfaction and I have no clue.

I don't need sympathy or empathy over this post. I'm not trying to "one-up" anyone over stress eating." This is honestly the first time I recall ever having done that. But now that I HAVE done it, I can see how stress eating can cause even MORE stress for those of you who are prone to it on a regular basis.

OK, I'm done. On with my life.

Last edited by Mern; 07-23-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I just got done making Cassie's new granola bars (the Rice Crispie ones) to take to our family's 5th Annual Drunken Bass Fishing Tournament... lol. I have to say they are pretty tasty and the best part is that they stick to your hands, so you have to, you know, eat that part as you make them... There will be LOTS of fattening food and my personal favorite, whipped cream topped Jello Shots, so I certainly will be tested. I'm hoping that I can stay in a peddle boat, in the middle of the lake, to limit my access to the buffet table! lol

Thanks for the links, Mike. I really like that website. I'm pretty happy with my weight-loss and fitness right now with the exception of my arms. They're ok, but I want them to be better. Before I hurt my back, they were awesome. But, I don't do much lifting anymore, so they could use some toning. Lower body... check! Abs... check! Upper body and shoulders... meh... you get the picture. I've seen several of my friends lately with the dreaded "batwings" starting. I'm hoping to take care of it now before my upper arms start flapping in the wind!

Rose,

The heat did get me off balance with my eating. I never saw that one coming. Today's high is 75F (YES!) with low humidity and I'm feeling much more like myself. I got my excercise in by doing fast paced, weighted neighborhood walking at 10 pm when it cooled down. I kind of liked it... it was different and fun for a change.

Last edited by quinnesec; 07-23-2011 at 04:18 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Mern,

I'm so sorry to hear that someone would treat you that way when you trusted them enough to confide in them. To trust someone with something so personal and then have them make fun of you and crush that trust... That's enough to make anyone eat. I'm a true believer in karma; what we project is what we get in return. People who project such negativity are generally pretty unhappy themselves.

I hope the original issue can be resolved soon. After all, your handsome "groom" is waiting to celebrate 40 happy years with you tomorrow!
Old 07-23-2011, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

Mern,
Please tell me that you are not hanging out with teenagers. Your friend's reaction sounds a little immature, unless she's 13, then that would be about right. I guess you know now whom not to confide in.
As far as the stress eating, you are only human, you will eventually slip up. You have the right attitude by picking yourself up and starting with a fresh new day.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, your day sounds like a blast! Hope you have a wonderful time!

Mern, sorry you had such an experience. Thank you for posting your thoughts and reactions; it's motivating to me to see how you got through it. I know you'll knock it out today!

Mike, goals sound good!! We'll be watching!

Rose, I feel for ya, baby! I hope you at least got some enjoyment out of the margaritas and good times. Glad the ankle is better and I know you'll be right back to the greenie-goals in no time flat. I'm excited for your new venture; can't wait to hear about it.

Headed back up for the second tournament round now...the heat was bad at 10:30; I can't imagine what it would be like to play in it at 3. First round went very well. And there's a fro yo place right near the park...oh noes !
Old 07-23-2011, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hope,

Are you serious? Sheesh, the dancing banana is just the bestest emoticon ever! Cassie would probably call it an epic win!

The dancing banana can dance circles around the dancing pickle. Just watch.

The only one that can sport moves even close to the dancing banana is this guy.

But you have to admit that there is something special about seeing a banana dancing with a smile from ear to ear.

BTW nobody can do the ice cream and cake dance quite like the banana!

Never mind diet and exercise, I am getting quite the education on Fitday in so many ways. Where have I been? How did I miss these guys? They made my day!!!!! I should have had a webcam to catch me doing the ice cream and cake dance with the banana, tho I do looooove that last guy.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, it's been said that some of the greats have learned a move or two from the banana, such as Michael Jackson, Elvis and even the Techno Viking!
Old 07-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Checking in:

1. Stay under 1300 calories. Nope, but 2 unplanned restaurant meals; I'm definitely over. WAY over, 1288, 1268, 1298, 524, 1201
2. Drink 64 oz. water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. 25 grams fiber daily. Yes, 31, 29, 29, 11 25
4. Exercise 7 times this week (3 runs). Stationary bike, Cardio Tennis AM & treadmill run PM, Cardio Tennis, Treadmill run, Weights, Jog in neighborhood with the hubby
5. 5 fruits and veggies daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Nope,Yes

6. Get hair cut off! ZOMG it's all gone Having our fam pics done on vacation next week and will post pics soon
7. Get basement closet cleaned out. Almost done!
8. Get second opinion from orthodontist. Yes, and it was MUCH better news. I knew something wasn't right!

Wow, it's been a full day. I don't think I've stopped for a minute. It's time to crash! Hope you all had a good one!
Old 07-23-2011, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

Today wasn't too bad, all things considered. I think I broke even on calories - had some char tonight downtown Chicago, it was so good, but I think the butter was probably over the top! Anyway, calories for today are a bit estimated, but what can you do?

Here's my check in:
1.) 1550 calories/day: Yes 1278/Yes 1435/Yes 1370/Yes 1349/Yes 1398/No
2.) Gym 4 times: 3
3.) Active on non-gym days: Yes/Sort of/Yes/Yes
4.) At least 64 oz. of water/day: Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes/No

Other:
1.) Start thinking about packing: There, I thought about it, ha
2.) Open bank account in PA: Done
3.) Come up with plan for staying on track while moving:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.