Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18

Old 07-22-2011, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

Hey folks!

Here's my check in:
1.) 1550 calories/day: Yes 1278/Yes 1435/Yes 1370/Yes 1349/Yes 1398
2.) Gym 4 times: 3
3.) Active on non-gym days: Yes/Sort of/Yes
4.) At least 64 oz. of water/day: Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes

Other:
1.) Start thinking about packing: There, I thought about it, ha
2.) Open bank account in PA: Done
3.) Come up with plan for staying on track while moving:

Have any of you guys had frozen kefir? It's kind of like frozen yogurt, but apparently it's got uber probiotics or something. Anyway, it's sooo yummy, and only 110 calories for 5 oz.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:47 PM
FitDay Member

The heat really made a mess of my goals this week, food-wise, anyway. Too hot to prepare nice, healthy meals and had no appetite if I did. Failed pretty miserably on my fruits and veggies goal as well. Next week, I may make that my only goal in order to get back on track. Just got back from my walk and cut it short... just not feeling it tonight for some reason. Have a big, annual party on a lake tomorrow. I know I'll be over in calories so I'm just going to try to make them healthy ones.

This Week's Goals:

*Keep calories under 1200 995 (can't eat when it's hot), planned cheat day, 1168, 995 very unhealthy calories (again, too hot to eat), 1415 (carb heavy, went out to eat)
*Keep BMI under 20. Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
*Walk daily, no excuses. 3 miles, 3 miles, 3 miles, 3 miles, 2 miles (humidity got to me)
*Eat, at a minimum, 4 fruits and veggies a day. N, N, Y, N, N (This weeks fail.)
*Limit bread to 2 servings of 45 calorie variety. None, Y, Y, N, Y
*Take multi-vitamin, flaxseed oil and vitamin e daily. Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
*Drink, drink, drink! Y, Y, Y,Y, Y
*Be more patient during heat wave... remember: EVERYONE'S HOT!!! Yes, much improved. Y,Y, NO, big time... (I may or may not have told a girl to "get off her ******* cell phone and drive!" when she almost hit me today in traffic... I forgot that my window was down and hers was down, too! lol I think the heat's getting to me..., patient, but crabby!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Joanna, thanks for the tip about frozen kefir; I'll take a look. My fro yo addiction is the stuff of legends.

Mike, let's see...my tricks for staying accountable and on track: Tack my bathing suit to the pantry door, and/or posting my food log. Either one of them grab ya?

I did not say Rocky Road, although I have it in the freezer. Although maybe it's S'Mores...

Today, today:

1. Stay under 1300 calories. Nope, but 2 unplanned restaurant meals; I'm definitely over. WAY over, 1288, 1268, 1298, 524
2. Drink 64 oz. water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. 25 grams fiber daily. Yes, 31, 29, 29, 11
4. Exercise 7 times this week (3 runs). Stationary bike, Cardio Tennis AM & treadmill run PM, Cardio Tennis, Treadmill run, Weights
5. 5 fruits and veggies daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Nope

6. Get hair cut off! ZOMG it's all gone Having our fam pics done on vacation next week and will post pics soon
7. Get basement closet cleaned out. Almost done!
8. Get second opinion from orthodontist. Yes, and it was MUCH better news. I knew something wasn't right!

Let's have a good, strong, fun weekend!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:56 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn, do you belong to a gym? If so I can thick of a number of things to do. If not what do you have available at home?
No, I don't belong to a gym. I'd like to use my hand weights (3, 5, and 8 pounders) to start. I know that must sound wimpy to a weight lifter, but I have a bulged disk in my neck and I want to see how that goes first. Just want some definition in my biceps and triceps. I also had a pretty major hand surgery a few years ago to repair a crushed median nerve, so I also avoid things like pull-ups or push-ups as well, so I'm a bit limited.

I've searched a lot of websites, but with the lower back and hand issue I can't figure it out. Any suggestions you may have would be great!
Old 07-22-2011, 04:07 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie,

How did you end up at 524 calories today?
Old 07-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Cassie,

How did you end up at 524 calories today?
I decided to do a modified fast today. Water, juice, tea, clear soup, and then after 24 hours had passed from my last snack last night, some cinnamon toast. I have been so scattered and inconsistent lately that I wanted to do something to re-set my system and help me focus on my relationship with food. In conjunction with the seminar I went to, it was indeed thought-provoking, but we'll see if anything changes over the next few days.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:14 PM
FitDay Member

Its been crazy busy! I really hate not being more active here.

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Report
1. Calorie deficit of 6000 853, 755, 474, 447, 794 (3323)
2. Drink 3 L of water Yes, Yes, No, Yes, No
3. Stay away from the cheese Yes, oh Yes, Yes, Yes, Cheese Free!
4. Work on scatteredness A bit, some more yes, scattered day, scattered day, a lot better
Old 07-22-2011, 05:58 PM
FitDay Member

Sorry for all of those experiencing bad heat, may the weekend bring you a cool breeze.

I needed to catch up now, tomorrow is going to be a busy day as well.

Joanna, great job on thinking about packing Have a great weekend at your friends and way to go on your calories this week!

Lizzie, great going on writing your goals! I also have a hard time getting the exercise in. Doing it one day is better than no days, eventually it will catch on ( I hope).

Mary, I love your eating from the freezer strategy. Congrats on getting to a new "decade"!

Ashlie, you really rocked the house goals, hope you get all done on the weekend too!

Quinn, you will get to the fruit and veggie goal next week for sure, but you have managed your walks even in the heat so kudos and you left Mike speechless, wow!

Cassie, great you are going to show us pictures of the new do! Hope your modified fast works out and next week you rock it.

Terri, I can picture that tub, eek! take care of that knee! Sorry to hear about your multiple doctor requests , it must be beyond annoying but always better to be on the safe side so take a deep breath.

Mern, looks like you are rocking this week, with the gym and the cals! Congrats on all green day! And Happy Anniversary, hope you get a ruby !!

Mike, any news on the hard drive? You can pretty much recover files most of the time from a hard drive. Wish a good weekend that prepares you for a new butt-kicking week.

Rose, hope your ankle is better! How nice your mom is going to take care of your dog while you are away!

Rubystars, great going on your goals and boooo on those horrible co-workers.

Hope, glad that you are back! Funny how you missed your family but sounds like you had a great time.

Welcome Jeanette!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:27 AM
Super Moderator

MAIN80, I hope you get some rest this weekend after your busy week!

I'm challenging folks to post and stay active here to the extent possible this weekend...usually it's pretty quiet. Let's see if it makes a difference checking in more! You don't have to report on goals if you don't want, just check in with whatever.

Going to be a long, hot day with the boy in a tourney...lots of errands and chores to do also in preparation for our vacation, so my goal is to not give in to quick, convenient foods that are not the best choice!

Have a wonderful Saturday, everyone!
Old 07-23-2011, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default Blaming It On The Heat

Hi Everyone! Well I am not going to say that this week was an epic fail or anything but damn this crazy freakin' heat makes things quite harder to manage. I am blaming the heat for my ankle injury as well! Is it a coincidence that I happened to walk over 5K in the sweltering inferno on Tuesday and then woke up Wednesday with severe ankle pain? I THINK NOT! I am also blaming the heat for going off the rails on my food plan on Thursday night. Is it a mere coincidence that it happened to be the HOTTEST evening ever in the history of the world and I happened to drink not one but TWO FROZEN MARGARITAS? I THINK NOT! If it weren't for this heat wave causing my ankle injury and pretty much FORCING me to drink frozen margaritas against my will, I would have been perfect this week.

Seriously though, my ankle is feeling much better. I've iced it and had to take it easy even though I have had to walk quite a bit and ended up having a very busy week at work but it's over now - for two weeks anyway - then I'll be off to England to begin a brand new project.

I am catching up on all the posts... I see some of us have had to brave the heat wave (I'm looking at you, Quinn) and have been somewhat derailed by it like me. Hang in there! We can beat this dumb heat wave!

And I see we have a new member, the dancing banana who is burning more calories that any of us. I resent that stupid banana! How can he have so much energy in this heat?

Main80, you are so good at catching up on all the posts! You have done really well for someone having such a busy week. You've got a great deficit going! Good for you!

Cassie, wow your exercising is off the charts! Amazing job! I am taking you up on your challenge and I will stay focused, motivated and active on here all weekend!

Mike, I've had to buy a brand new computer this week. My trusty old G5 totally bit the dust and I got an iMac. It's very pretty! I hope your hard drive is salvageable! Any news?

Joanna, you are doing an awesome job this week!!!!!!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 07-23-2011 at 02:06 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.