Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 07/11/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 07/11/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 07/11/2011

Old 07-17-2011, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah she's grounded and there is no fate worse than being here with her hateful parents. I did say she could have friends here, even the dreaded BF, just no car, no going out. She has a concert on Saturday and I said I have to speak to the Mom and find out that she will be where she says she will or no show.

She used her whole arsenal: hateful words, guilt tripping, the numb cold blank look, tears. I think she's overplayed all that a bit. I swear, there is more drama here than Broadway and Lincoln Center combined. I don't mean to be cold but we spent most of this child's life dancing around her feelings and I think I'm gonna sit this one out.

Man, I could use about a gallon of Mike's jambalaya just about now... Is that andouille you're using, my dear?
Old 07-17-2011, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Mike, it sounds amazing and a heck of a lot healthier than what I have planned for the night . Enjoy it!

Hope, ooooohhhh, somebody's gonna get it! How did you bust her? Were your spidey senses tingling? Be calm, focused, and I know you will do what's best.
Well it helps that I overheard her talking about sneaking out to her BF's crazy Dad in another state last weekend. I confronted her with it and she denied it, swearing that of course she was gonna ask us and I just OVERREACTED. So DH said you should just be patient and let her hang herself. And she did.

But I love that: the spidey Mommy senses; yup that was it.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hope,
OMG... you're a lot better person than me! I'd totally kill my daughter and ask questions later! lol And as far as the young man in question still coming over... I don't think my husband would let him in the driveway. He's VERY overprotective. A few weeks ago, when she had booster shots, he called her every hour to make sure she didn't have a fever, was convulsing, passed out, head-achy, etc., etc., etc. She almost killed him. "DAD!!! I'M FIIIIINE!!!!" lol

Mike,
You don't deliver, do you??? It's so bloody hot here today that there will be no cooking today. (Heat index is 106) And, of course, we have no a/c because we only really need it about 4-5 days a year. (Today being one of them!) I think my sweat is sweating...

I was thinking today about the torture that we put our bodies through living here... 45 below zero windchills in February and 106 degree heat indexes in July! (No wonder half of the people up here are goofy... lol)

Mern,
I'm SOOOOO jealous of your garden!!! I've never met a veggie that I didn't like. Oh, just the thought of those fresh, garden beans sounds wonderful! I can't grow a thing... I have a small herb garden and patio, grape and cherry tomatoes, but that's it. Luckily, my FIL has a little hobby farm and keeps me supplied. So far, we've enjoyed lettuce, broccoli, onions and rhubarb. Spring was late this year and so are the gardens, I'm afraid. Husband has a beautifully manicured lawn and landscaping, but draws the line at gardening... too much weeding and work at the family farm when he was growing up, so he says. Growing up in a much larger city, I still want to give a few chickens a try, but my FIL and husband just laugh at me. They had cows, chickens, pigs and horses when my husband was growing up. The sound of fresh eggs sounds lovely to me. I'm letting Michael on the other thread give it a try first! lol

Last edited by quinnesec; 07-17-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hope -- It does get better. My 4 previous teenagers are now parents with teens or 8 and 9 year olds with teen attitude. Revenge is sweet! Of course I have the same hope I had back then -- that we all live through it till they get a brain. Mary
Old 07-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, where do you live? My memory fails me.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn, where do you live? My memory fails me.
Yep, that's what happens when you turn 40... first the back, then the memory... lol I live on the Wisconsin/Michigan border.

Are you considering delivering some of that delicious jambalaya???
Old 07-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec

Are you considering delivering some of that delicious jambalaya???
how's this?
Old 07-17-2011, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

Get in ma belly!
Old 07-17-2011, 12:32 PM
FitDay Member

Life following the forums!

We were joking about doggy lawyers earlier. I just had a request for legal advise for a neighbour's dog! They have unfairly been given a muzzle order. Just seems funny when I was offering my card for Mike's dog earlier. The Animal Control people here are all powerful. I wish it was a local matter so I could fight it for her. I'm now looking for a Toronto doggie lawyer. LOL Mary
Old 07-17-2011, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
how's this?

That looks so delicious!!!! Thank you!

All I need now is a virtual fork... where did I put that???

HUGE storms coming pretty quickly... have to run!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.