Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 07/11/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 07/11/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 07/11/2011

Old 07-16-2011, 09:28 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, guys, for the encouragement - I know you're right. I think I just got a little emotional this morning because, well, it's so important to me to be healthy and lose this weight, and I've never been able to do it before, and I just got my head in all in a muddle and wigged myself out.

Mern, love the Columbo - RIP Peter
Old 07-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, I love your thoughts as you type them. I think we all realize we're free to take or leave any unsolicited advice we see here, but yours is always from the voice of experience and you're very perceptive, so I value that.

Hope, I wish I could hug you. You have had a difficult run lately. Please take care of yourself.

I think we need a FitDay convention so we can all give a group hug. Seems like a lot of stress going 'round these days.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Thanks, guys, for the encouragement - I know you're right. I think I just got a little emotional this morning because, well, it's so important to me to be healthy and lose this weight, and I've never been able to do it before, and I just got my head in all in a muddle and wigged myself out.

Mern, love the Columbo - RIP Peter
A positive mind set will help you along the way.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

1) 2600 caps deficient for the week -1156, +527, -733, -414, -687
2) 65g of carbs for 6 days (green veggies not logged) 64.8g, 314.2g, 46.1g, 98.9g, 72.9g
3) Daily:
Four servings of veggies (minimum) yes, no, no, yes, yes
Fish oil yes, no, yes, yes, no
Drink a gallon of water yes, no, yes, yes, yes
Post here everyday (even on "epidural Tuesday") yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
Floss yes, no, yes, yes, no
4) workout 3 times no, no, no, no, yes
Old 07-16-2011, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna, it's so easy for us to tell you to not fret and be patient, but even those of us with experience (with the temporary gain and eventual all-of-a-sudden reloss) have to be reminded by our fellow group members occasionally that sometimes the scale just plain lies to us, telling us we're failing when we're not. Oh, I so loved Peter Falk--such a brilliant actor. So sad that he was taken by Alzheimer's.

Mike, that's a good thing to put in a fortune cookie: "A positive mindset will help you along the way." Good going this week. How'd that workout work out for ya?

Cassie, you are so sweet. Yeah, at my age I have a lot of experience, but the expression "with age comes wisdom," when applied to me, is sometimes highly exaggerated. My family can attest to the fact I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer. LOL Yeah, a group hug is just what we need!

Old 07-16-2011, 11:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default Saturday check-in

Yay Saturday! Not much to report except that I had a good day, went to the park, got some sun, went to the spin class at the Y and did 15 minutes of eliptical. It was a real scorcher today so even in the air conditioned Y it was way hotter than usual and working out was kinda tough.

1. Eat between 1100-1400 calories per day. YES 1124/ YES 1210/ YES 1174/ YES 1171/ YES 1251/ YES 1109
2. Calorie deficit of 550 or more per day. YES 936/ YES 850/ YES 1300/ YES 1429/ YES 1121/-1453
3. Exercise 5 hours. 45 min./75min./75 min./45 min./60 min. (total so far: 5 hours)
4. Take my multivitamin. YES/ YES/ YES/ YES/ YES/ YES
5. Eat over 30% protein. YES 42%/ YES 33%/ YES 33%/ YES 44%/ YES 38%/ YES 33%
6. Drink minimum 10 glasses of water per day. DONE!/ DONE!/ DONE!/ DONE!/ DONE!/ DONE!
7. No sugar. YES!/ YES!/ YES!/ YES!/ YES!/ YES!
8. No wheat. YES!/ YES/ YES/ YES/ YES/ YES

Other goals:

1. Put up the new shelves. NO
2. Put up the solar blind in the kitchen. NO
3. Water the flowers. It's raining!/ YES/ YES/ YES/ NO
4. Wash the living room pillow cases. DONE!
5. Edit first cut of friend's wedding video. Started it!

Mern, my sweet Mern! Thank you for your encouragement. You really are such a considerate and thoughtful person. Did you think for a second I took your words the wrong way? Because I most certainly didn't. After all, wasn't it I who dubbed you 'the forum darling?' Big huge hug to you, Mern & thanks for being so sweet and kind and such a sassy cheerleader to all of us.

Hope, I'm so saddened by your friend's diagnosis and please don't worry about being a Debbie Downer. The whole point of this forum is so you can vent and get the support that you need. I wish there was something I could do for you, other than tell you that I understand and I sympathize. Like Cassie, I wish I could give you a big hug. Life is so hard sometimes. It's hard to accept news like you got. My thoughts are with you, your friend and her husband. (((hug)))

Cassie, a FitDay convention would be AWESOME! I would love for all of us to meet in person! I hope your day went okay, btw. I know you had a lot to deal with today. I'm sending you a hug too!

Joanna, hang in there. You are doing everything right and you are getting healthier every day. I guarantee you will see a drop soon.

Mike, love what you said about a positive mindset.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Ladies, I just wanted to check in and let y'all know that I'm okay. Today has been a crazy day to say the least!

I woke up this morning to realize that a violent crime occurred during the night. Fearing for my life I tackled the perpetrator and was able to maintain control until the police arrived. Senseless crimes like this will rock the small town that I live in! I don't feel safe in my home right now so I think I'm going to get a Blast to calm my nerves.

I hope everyone stays safe today.

Mern, my workout was great, thanks.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-16-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Ladies, I just wanted to check in and let y'all know that I'm okay. Today has been a crazy day to say the least!

I woke up this morning to realize that a violent crime occurred during the night. Fearing for my life I tackled the perpetrator and was able to maintain control until the police arrived. Senseless crimes like this will rock the small town that I live in! I don't feel safe in my home right now so I think I'm going to get a Blast to calm my nerves.

I hope everyone stays safe today.

Mern, my workout was great, thanks.
TOO FUNNY! She looks appropriately contrite . Was it a first offense?
Old 07-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
TOO FUNNY! She looks appropriately contrite . Was it a first offense?
Oh no, she's what the authorities call an "habitual offender"!
Old 07-16-2011, 01:54 PM
FitDay Member

Give the accused my card -- she looks innocent to me! LMAO Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.