Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 07/11/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 07/11/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 07/11/2011

Old 07-14-2011, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Went to the Y as promised. After 3 miles on the stationary bike and just half o'mile on the treadmill, I decided to try the elliptical for the first time. It was so much harder than I imagined---even set on level ONE. Maybe it's harder for me because of being only 5' tall? Or maybe the pedals and arm pumping thingies are adjustable? I didn't wonder about that until I got home. I found it very difficult to be able to do a full range of motion rep on the arm pumping thingies while taking such deep steps. Before I try it again I'll ask one of the Y workers whether depth of steps and range of arm motion are adjustable.
I hear you - first time I got on the elliptical, it was really awkward, but now I swear by it. I actually don't use the arm things very much, I find them annoying and not particularly beneficial. That's my two cents!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

jjeand and Joannah, thanks for the elliptical tips. I'll try them all. Much appreciated!

jjeand, there's a whole row--maybe 10 ellipticals, at my Y. I didn't notice whether they were all the same or not, but I'll check it out tomorrow.

Last edited by Mern; 07-14-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

I swear this week has been so hectic. I've been super busy and I'll try to follow up with everyone later.

The hiccups are still here but not as often, I think they may go away [fingers crossed].

Tomorrow is my daughters 19th birfday. I'm sure it'll put a damper on me going low carb becuase of the... I don't want to even say it...
Old 07-14-2011, 10:49 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, OMG, you still have those hiccups! Must be a pain in the butt! Wishing DD a happy birfday! Enjoy that cake. LOL on that video.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:10 AM
FitDay Member

I just saw on the news that two ice cream trucks were stolen in Atlanta... Now Cassie, I know maintenance is difficult, but you really must return the ice cream trucks immediately... LOL
Old 07-14-2011, 11:56 AM
FitDay Member

Ooooh, I'll bet Mike helped her and ate ice cream so fast that he got hiccups. And maybe Terri's cluster headache was from a brain freeze, eh? Holy cow, it's a gang!
Old 07-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, OMG, you still have those hiccups! Must be a pain in the butt! Wishing DD a happy birfday! Enjoy that cake. LOL on that video.
thanks. I went from one PITA to another.

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I just saw on the news that two ice cream trucks were stolen in Atlanta... Now Cassie, I know maintenance is difficult, but you really must return the ice cream trucks immediately... LOL
That's too funny!

I feel like I'm going to have a melt down! My day started off okay, but as soon as I walked in the door I felt like I could effing yell and put my fist through a door. I hate to put this out there but I'm going to rant below (in white). I'll try not to get too graphic but we'll see how that turns out. Do not read this if you are easily offended. I just have to vent!

For some reason I'm having a hard time getting my adderall filled. It seems as if EVERYONE in town has been out of it for a month. So I stop by 3
different pharmacies with no luck. I'm not sweating it b/c I don't take it as often as I should so I still have some left from my bottle that I filling on June 1st. I call Target and they won't even tell me over the phone if they have it in stock. They want me to drive my happy ass all the way there just so they can tell me like everyone else "nope, we're all out and can't seem to get it in." Well that started to piss me off.

I get home and I walk through the door and I'm quickly greeted by Mystie and Chloe'. Mytsie jumps up on me as she always does, I catch her and she climbs all the way up me to kiss me and say "welcome home daddy!" Sweet right? Well have I mentioned that I have a house FULL of girls? I walk in my bedroom and guess what I see on my floor? A EFFING BLOODY PAD!!!!! The girls have been told time and time again, to put the trash can up where Mytsie can't get it. So now I'm just thinking about the kisses that Mytsie was just giving me and I'm effing ENRAGED! Not at her but at the idiot that couldn't remember to dispose of her s#!t properly!!! So I knock on the bedroom doors and tell the middle and youngest "hey one of YOU have a present on MY floor, pick it up! I shut the door and walk off, a few minutes later, guess what, it's still there. If I didn't think I'd have to pay for a new door I would have busted it down. I mean seriously, how dumb or lazy can you be?? Next time this happens I will pick the pad up myself and put it in whoever bed that it belongs to!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-14-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Quinn, LOL!!!!!!

Cassie, did you see another picture on Facebook that prompted you to go out and car jack some ice cream trucks?
Old 07-14-2011, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

I worked today and got a lot done! I also had a lovely lunch with some coworkers and we went to a vegetarian restaurant. I had a super healthy salad and it was delicious. Oh and this morning I had an awesome run! 25 minutes non-top running plus 20 minutes of power walking for a 45-minute workout. It was a gorgeous morning and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

1. Eat between 1100-1400 calories per day. YES 1124/ YES 1210/ YES 1174/ YES 1171/ YES 1251
2. Calorie deficit of 550 or more per day. YES 936/ YES 850/ YES 1300!/ YES 1429!!/ YES 1121
3. Exercise 5 hours. 45 min./75min./75 min./45 min. (total so far: 4 hours)
4. Take my multivitamin. YES/ YES/ YES/ YES/ YES
5. Eat over 30% protein. YES 42%/ YES 33%/ YES 33%/ YES 44%/ YES 38%
6. Drink minimum 10 glasses of water per day. DONE!/ DONE!/ DONE!/ DONE!/ DONE!
7. No sugar. YES!/ YES!/ YES!/ YES!/ YES!
8. No wheat. YES!/ YES/ YES/ YES/ YES

Other goals:

1. Put up the new shelves.
2. Put up the solar blind in the kitchen.
3. Water the flowers. It's raining!/ YES/ YES/ YES
4. Wash the living room pillow cases. DONE!
5. Edit first cut of friend's wedding video. Started it!

Have a fantastic Friday night, Everyone!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 07-15-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:51 PM
FitDay Member

Mike I think if that happens again don't just put it in their bed, put it on their pillow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.