Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting June 13, 2011

Old 06-14-2011, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Diverting cravings is hard. I am best not to have the triggers in the house. I should not have bought the chocolate wafers! When I'm in control I can have chocolate arround and mix it with pecans and cranberries in small amounts for a high calorie trail mix! -a somewhat healthy treat. It seems right now the chocolate has got to go. Coke and baked goods are my other bad triggers. I don't buy baked goods except whole grain low calorie bread and thin bagels. I seem to be able to control those.

Last night I refused to get out of bed to answer the call of the wafers. I plan on burning off extra calories and then consuming them tonight.

One way to deal with the cravings is to make yourself earn the craved food by exercise or some other means. Once you have "earned" it you often don't want it. And if you do you will have already used up the calories. Mary
Old 06-14-2011, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

I can control cravings if I avoid grain first thing in the morning and eat a fairly light breakfast that includes some sort of protein. It also helps if I don't have access to anything edible between noon and dinner. But alas in moments of severe desperation I would eat my own arm, so this is always a trial for me.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

kumochi,

thanks for the good advice. I try not to keep it in the house as well, but yesterday I actually went and got it! I've got to learn to go to my motivational resources before I go off to the store!

almeeker,

LOL, if my arm was made of chocolate, mine would've been gone long ago!

Does anyone else find PMS week any tougher? I seem to get a black hole in replacement of my stomach. My gyno said this is because my body is preparing for my period.. the oly suggestion she gave was daily vitamins. I just started taking them. Anyone else have that issue? I know there in no excuse. Willpower is a must!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

PMS week is a killer for me as well. I can eat everything in the house and still not feel satisfied. Ive been on vitamins too, but can't really tell that it helps at all. If anyone has some tips for this that would be great!!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker,

quinn, very jealous over your lack of cravings and your productivity. I haven't been a slug, but I have so much going on it's hard to feel productive at all. And I can't even imagine having no cravings, I would be curious to hear if you can nail down any specific foods that help. I'm a stress eater too and I thought school ending would help, but not so far.

Going back through my food log, the only difference is that when the weather got hot, I started skipping breakfast because I kind of lost my appetite in the morning. Nothing sounded good, so I just skipped it. I know... you're not suppose to skip breakfast. But, I just wasn't hungry when I woke up hot. Then, for lunch, I'd have a big plate of fresh, assorted fruit, if I wanted something sweet. Or, a veggie salad if I wanted something salty. For supper, I'd have my daily protein with a balanced meal. And I've been treating myself to a child-sized frozen yogurt every other day or so in the evening.

Now, I'm kind of used to skipping breakfast (...except for a gallon of decaf ). It just seems that if I eat nothing, I have no cravings. If I eat one thing, it starts an avalanche of eating that's hard to stop.

I read something interesting yesterday. It said to avoid mindless binging, have a single spot to eat. (... your chair in the kitchen, for example.) Not in a car, or in front of the tv, etc.) If you have to go and sit by yourself, you're less likely to want to eat. Makes sense to me. It also eliminates standing in the kitchen picking at food. You have to sit in your chair like a little kid. I tried it out today, and it actually does work. If you are not at home, all bets are off, though.

Well, I just got back from getting the best haircut EVER!!! (Women will understand what a HUGE accomplishment this is!!!) LOL It's just hitting my shoulders, which is really short for me. My husband's probably going to freak out. Oh well. As long as I can still put it up, he'll be fine. lol
Old 06-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Well, I just got back from getting the best haircut EVER!!! (Women will understand what a HUGE accomplishment this is!!!) LOL It's just hitting my shoulders, which is really short for me. My husband's probably going to freak out. Oh well. As long as I can still put it up, he'll be fine. lol
Congrats on the great haircut, Quinn! I'm sure it feels good. I've been feeling for months that it's time to do something different myself. I've been flirting with the idea of going with a pixie cut, but it's so drastic I just can't seem to make myself commit. I figure it will either make me look younger...or a lot older !
Old 06-14-2011, 07:54 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie,

I found a wonderful website, if you're looking for something new. I'll include the link with the picture that I took to my hairstylist. I like the website because if you click on a certain style, it tells you how to do it, etc. Hope this link works!

Medium Straight Casual hairstyle: Casual Medium Straight Hairstyle | TheHairStyler.com
Old 06-14-2011, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Me too. Okay we'll both vow to check in every day, deal?
Deal! BTW Mrs. E sounds like a saint
Old 06-14-2011, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, please take care of yourself. I am concerned about your low bp. Anything you can do?

Everyone thank you for your support!! Lately I have been eating everything in my path, short of the cat food. And if they made that in chocolate...

OK back to writing (one of my goals)...
Old 06-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Terri, please take care of yourself. I am concerned about your low bp. Anything you can do?
Thanks Hope; I'm taking it pretty easy today. It's likely that I got the bp attacks this morning due to the heat - it hit 102 in FL today, and I have a form of vasovagal syncope that makes me very sensitive to changes in temperature

I tried to get out of bed too quickly, and I think in my sleep I had wrapped the blankets around my body and gotten my body temp a bit out of whack. I laid down right when I felt faint -- I also got a little faint when I opened the door to the apartment and got knocked with the hot FL air.

There's not too much I can do except keep quiet, sitting/laying down a lot, and avoiding the heat as much as I can. I do want to work out tonight -- what I'll probably do is go through an extended warm-up and see how I feel. If I get a little fuzzy or get any warning signs, I won't work out. I've been ok at work so far, and drinking a lot of ice-cold water, which seems to be keeping me clear!

How's your writing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.