Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting June 13, 2011

Old 06-19-2011, 07:04 PM
FitDay Member

MAIN: Be careful what you wish for!

Caption: You wanna fight, bro?!

Joking around with my mom before going out to raise hell "in da club"
I do not normally dress this racey, this was my version of: "Oh heeeelllll no! Boy, I'mma show you what you're missing!"
Along with a good bit of "What part of 'I'm a psycho' did you people not understand?!"

Last edited by mhibdon; 06-19-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:57 PM
FitDay Member

Mhibdon, you look awesome!!! Anyone who doesn't appreciate how great you look is "psycho!"

Main, thanks for asking about DD. She's in that phase of trying to convince herself ex BF still "had feelings" for her. I think this is called "denial." My feeling (which I expressed a little kinder than this is: He broke it off with you. You must let go. As my friend Jimmy used to say "The dog barks and the caravan moves on." Trouble is he's her BFF's brother so he is always around. Heavy sigh. This too shall pass, hopefully with as little hurt for her as possible.

I have been on this thread in my heart, just a bit busy and exhausted but will finish out the week with this:

Fitness
1) 1600 calories max: 1545, 2240, 2120, over 2000 every day let's not speak of it, shall we? Gotta get back on track
2) stretching every day yes, yes, no, yes , yes, yes
3) walk or gym 3x a week minimum no, yes with DD, no, gym, walk, gym
4) 8 glasses of H2O minimum: er 6, 8, 9, 10, 9, 8
Other
1) 1 hour "real" writing every day, not just journaling yes, tried but was totally blocked, that's all I did, write all day and then eat all night at the movies, writing every day, actaully got the drafts for 2 pieces woo hoo
2) 14 minutes meditation yes, yes and it was blissful, no, yes, yes, yes
3) Trust. And worry less. yes, sadly no, not once DD came home so sad, yes DD's friend (ex BF's sister) came through and cheered her up, yes, yes, yes

So other than calories and waaaaaaaaay too many carbs, I did pretty good.

Last edited by canary52; 06-19-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Terri, I took your "make effort with appearance" goal out for a spin yesterday. Early in the day I went to Fashion Bug, I needed some more shorts, and ended up buying 2 pair of shorts and 3 skorts (which I've never really worn before). The skorts are all cotton/poly and look like something you might wear to play tennis, very stretchy, very comfy and not overly-warm like skorts sometimes are. Then I went out and worked in the garden for 3 hours. When I returned home DH wanted to go out to the pub for dinner (kiddos stayed w/ grandparents). So I washed up and changed into a clean black tank top and for lack of any other clean clothing I threw on the new black skort. I kid you not the host at the pub actually hurt himself rushing to open the door for me, and made a big deal out of seating me in my chair. Now this is a pub we go to a lot, and seriously he's never done any of that before. After that I caught at least 3 other men ogling me from different angles. So either the effort I made to look better is paying off, or something about that skort says "EASY".
Hahahaha!!! That's a fantastic story, good for you!!! It kind of does feel nice to be noticed, doesn't it? And hey, since you were with DH, I doubt they were oogling you cause they thought you might be "easy" - it was probably all leg, girl! Woohoo!
Old 06-20-2011, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
"What part of 'I'm a psycho' did you people not understand?!"
Hahahaha! Looking great! That psycho shirt is awesome, I would have not gotten in your way!

canary52, luckily he will only be around a couple more months, your DD will be ok very soon.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Hahahaha!!! That's a fantastic story, good for you!!! It kind of does feel nice to be noticed, doesn't it? And hey, since you were with DH, I doubt they were oogling you cause they thought you might be "easy" - it was probably all leg, girl! Woohoo!
Trust me, this particular skort does have a bit of "easy" in the way it looks, it looks more like a micro mini than a skort. DH likes it plenty, even more after I told him that it was $8. I'm short so "all leg" isn't really my category, my build is more along the lines of "Tink with big jugs".

If you like "Holy Cats" (borrowed from Batman's sidekick, the kids say it all the time and crack me up with it), then you'll probably love "built like a sack of wildcats". I haven't been called that in a long time, but that figures somewhere in my list of distant health and fitness goals.

Nice pics by the way, awesome.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
I used to get noticed a lot and just accepted that it happens, but it's been so long I'd sort of forgotten that feeling of being given the once-twice over.