Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting June 13, 2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting June 13, 2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting June 13, 2011

Old 06-16-2011, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

I wish I had more time to read the thread today! I haven't been able to keep up with all of you. But I do care and send congrats to all who are doing well and big cyberhugs to all who aren't.

Cassie, best wishes to your son in his tournaments. "Cram"--the operative word. Seems many of us have the same difficulty--plenty of stuff for the kids to do, but not enough hours in the day to take care of all the kids' needs AND all of our needs. But one day we'll look back and miss all the activity-packed days with them, so I guess we'd better make the best of it, eh? Oh, and congrats on being so close to that bikini bod!

Terri, holy cow! Your days are jam-packed, too, with work, your writing, presentations, and grad students needing assistance. So cool that bf had a short story published! I remember how excited I was for my late sister many years ago when Woman's Day magazine paid her for and published her craft idea. What a great gift you have planned for bf! I agree with Cassie--never too late for the gift you have in mind. Yeah, go for it!
Old 06-16-2011, 01:45 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report Card

Health and Fitness goals:

1. Average calories 1,500/day. 2,274, 1,500, 1,430, 1,603 (average 1,702)
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y, Y, Y, Y
3. Cardio 3 hours. 48 min, 30 min, 0 min, 30 min (total 1:48)
4. Weights and calisthenics 3 hours. 0 min, 0 min, 0 min, 0 min (total 0:00)
5. Abstain from grain 2 days. N, N, N, N
6. Weekly calorie deficit 3,500. -271, -993, -481, -990 (total 2,735)
7. Average 30% calories from protein. 25, 23, 31, 27, (average 27)

Other stuff:

8. Finish planting garden. a little, a little, No it rained today. No rain again.
9. Weed flower beds 2 hours. N, N it Rained, No
10. Help kids get 1 4-H project done (each). A little bit. A little, No, YES!!!
11. 1 load of laundry daily. Y, Y, YN
12. Clean house MIL is coming .
Monday: Kitchen
Tuesday: bathrooms and dining room
Wednesday: Living room and 1 bedroom
Thursday: 1 bedroom, stairs and hallway
Friday: Master bedroom and den
Saturday: basement and porch

Swim meet tonight, dead dog tired. 'Night.

Last edited by almeeker; 06-16-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Don't:
1) lift weights no, no (I miss it already), no, no
2) weigh myself yes (bad habit I guess), no, no, no
3) miss a day logging food no, no, no, no
4) miss a day posting here no, no, no, no
5) eat junk/snacks no, no, yes (Wendy's), yes (Reese's Blast)
6) drink less than a gallon of water per day yes (I think I came up short), no, yes , yes
Old 06-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mike, your reverse goals are making my head "asplode"!

Reporting in:

1. Daily calories 1300 or less. 1241, 1389 (honestly, was too hungry to fall asleep, so had a quick snack. Boo for me), 1297, 1357
2. Exercise 6 times. Ran at the park, Cardio tennis, Weights, Swam laps & exercise bike
3. Rest shoulder three consecutive days. Yes, Nope-tennis, Nope-but should be able to now, Probably not with the swimming
4. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes (though had to guess on the Chinese), Yes
5. Journal mood/reasons for eating. Yes, Yes Nope, Nope. I stopped due to some concerns with security of the website.
6. Weigh in daily. Yes, No, Yes, Yes

7. Get vacation plans nailed down. Narrowed it down, Ready to finalize tomorrow, Tried to finalize and now vaguely homicidal with the rental agent, as what was billed as possible per the website is supposedly not Yes!
8. Get new cell phone contract, or renew/renegotiate. Hubby's got the lead on this one; I've got the vacation legwork
9. Finish painting the last of the trim; touch up walls. Wait for weekend
10. Stay caught up with work. Somehow the less I have to do, the less productive I am!? On a good timetable today, On schedule! Still okay, but need to stay on it, Sort of

Over my cals by the three hard candies I grabbed out of the dish at work. Did you know Baskin Robbins makes ice-cream-flavored hard candies?? I passed on those but did have a couple cinnamon ones and a peppermint. Some days are like that.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday report:

Calorie limit 1600 1577, 1599, 2155, 1491
Calorie deficit 800 per day 961, 885, 219 deficit 961
Carbs less fiber 25g 22.9g, 22.5g, 25.6g-not horrible, 20.5g
Saturated fat target 12% 15%, 9%, 11%, 8%
Dietary Cholesterol target less than 300mg 362mg, 354mg, 408.5 156.4mg
Track grams & % of calories from protein 115.3g or 38%, 149.3 or 37%, 181.9 or 35%, 116g or 34%

Artificial sweetener limit 1 packet per day 0, 1, 0, 3
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day, which is one full serving 2, 2, 5, 4

Water 64 oz. YES YES YES YES
Exercise 30 minutes, 5 days--no lame excuses YES, 20 Minutes, Day Off, 10 minutes

Be sure the day's custom foods in FitDay have sat fat & cholesterol listed. YES YES YES YES

Last edited by Mern; 06-17-2011 at 01:43 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Pushing my calorie limits but enough exercise to keep my defecit where I want it. Feeling very motivated. I'm back into loser mode. Ran into a colleague yesterday who was looking slim and trim. When I mentioned it she passed me a note ( we were in court) saying she had lost 53 pounds! We can do it folks. Mary
Old 06-17-2011, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker, congrats on getting a 4-H project done with each DD! Have fun with MIL. Special congrats on that calorie deficit tally. Your protein is getting close--that's a hard one.

Mike, I want a Reese's Blast! Ooh, come to think of it, if I was really, really good I could make one with Carb Smart Ice Cream and sugar free Reese's candy. Mmmmmm.

Cassie, congrats on getting the vacation plans nailed down. So tell us about that. I was trying to figure if what Mike was posting was good or bad. LOL on his reverse goals making your head "asplode." Hey, 1357 calories is fantastic when your goal is 1300. Congrats from me on that red number--only over by the three hard candies. I didn't know about the Baskin Robbins ice cream flavored candies. And congrats on that exercise. You put me to shame--10 minutes was the most I could force myself to do last night and I really did try--just didn't have the stamina even after eating a dinner of fish, cole slaw, celery with peanut butter.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Mary congrats on all the exercise, strong motivation, and losing mode. It really is encouraging when we see friends achieving great things.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Fitness
1) 1600 calories max: 1545, 2240, 2120
2) stretching every day yes, yes, no
3) walk or gym 3x a week minimum no, yes with DD, no
4) 8 glasses of H2O minimum: er 6, 8, 9
Other
1) 1 hour "real" writing every day, not just journaling yes, tried but was totally blocked, that's all I did, write all day and then eat all night at the movies
2) 14 minutes meditation yes, yes and it was blissful, no
3) Trust. And worry less. yes, sadly no, not once DD came home so sad, yes DD's friend (ex BF's sister) came through and cheered her up

OK Mike gotta admit reverse goals very confusing and I feel for your plight. It sucks to want to work out and to be hindered. It's enough to make you want to suck down a Blizzard or three.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you, Mern . Hey, ten minutes is better than none, right? I have no doubt that if a low carb Blizzard or Blast can be created, you are the one to do it!

Hope you got some rest, almeeker. I know what it's like to be dead dog tired; I'm running on caffeine fumes now after 4 1/2 hours of sleep. I can only hope I don't eat my way through it come this afternoon. Where we got this idea that summer would be relaxing is beyond me. Good luck with the MIL...mine was coming, but canceled due to some medical things. Would it be bad to jump for joy (not that I don't want to see her; I just didn't want to prepare for it)!

Dang, Hope, if eating all night at the movies only gets you to 2120 calories, you did an awesome job!! I hope you enjoyed it. I know it's been a stressful week.

Well, I bit the bullet and did it this morning; I called and signed up for hydrostatic weighing to measure my body fat. It's in a mobile van that's coming to a country club near us (okay, so will it be me and a bunch of people who have the time and money to have personal trainers and exercise all the time ??). It's $25 and I'll get a reasonably accurate percentage, as well as a breakdown of my resting metabolic rate and calorie burn. The latter information is what sold me; that's just too interesting to pass up. It's next Saturday, so we'll see how it goes. Should be interesting to see how it compares to the number I get on my scale.

Hope you all have a great day; let's all enjoy the weekend without making any really big unplanned slip ups!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.