Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/30/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/30/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/30/11

Old 05-31-2011, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator

Only have time for a quick check-in for Monday (Ugly as the report card is!) I will check in properly later; in the midst of a 10-hour rat-a-thon in the lab. Hugs to all who need them, and cheers to those doing well!!

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit through a combination of eating and exercise M: +144 (Week Total: +144)
2) Do not skip exercise two days in a row. M: Day off
3) Three "Cardio Days" and Two "Weights Days." M: N/A
3) At least 120 oz. of water daily M: No (unless beer counts! )
4) Weekly carb average of 50% or less M: 38% (Week Average: 38%)
5) Weekly protein average of 30% or more M: 24% (Week Average: 24%)
6) Do not eat out more than twice for lunch and twice for dinner M: No eating out

Other Life Stuff:
1) Smile more, bitch less! M: Heck yes
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: yes (no makeup)
3) Journal or talk about my anxiety. Don't self-sabotage. M: Journaled
4) Read articles every day. M: yes

Memorial Day, what can I say? I had a couple beers, and an ice cream cone, and two chicken sandwiches from the grill. At least it was all delicious

~Terri
Old 05-31-2011, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Been there, done that. You'd think we would learn, wouldn't you?

Today will be better for all of us. Let's buckle down and bring it, everybody!
Agreed. Bought a small cake so that there will be no left overs. Now, I'm off for my walk before the storms hit. 85 degrees, breezy and wonderful... no excuse not to get my exercise in today.

Mike,

Sorry to hear you're wrestling with pain issues. It's hard when you're use to being very active. I think I read that you had done something with weights on your hips? (I'm just catching up on posts!) Mine is really irritated be any weight on my feet, legs or hips like skis, snowshoes, etc. (And yet traction feels wonderful... go figure.) That may be the culprit. Another super common way to injure your SI is to be walking along and, unexpectedly, step into a hole.

Keep walking. (...level surfaces, lol) It will help you with pain levels and keep your muscles from tightening up.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

thanks quinn. I wasn't sure what to do about my goals this week since I'll be limited with my physical activity.

Here goes, my goals for the week.

1) 1 cheat day (Monday)
for the other 6 days
2) gallon of water a day
3) 2500 cal deficient
4) no more than 60g of cabs a day (after breakfast)
5) walk the dogs 5 times
Old 05-31-2011, 12:14 PM
FitDay Member

hi everyone!!

i hope you all have been doing well. terri, i see you have surpassed your mini goal!!!! GREAT JOB!!

between field work and incubations I have not been near a comp until later on at nite and i'm generally just trying to catch up with emails and make healthy food to bring in the field with me. soo, i have not fallen off the face of the earth or forgotten about any of you. i have continued to track daily, try to eat healthy, and try to exercise. i have needed to be on a plane for the last 3 weekends for weddings etc. just got back from boulder colorado last night. that place has tons of healthy food but i ate a ton and drank a ton and likely have gained a pound or so. although, i feel alright and might be the same weight?! who knows. i'll weigh in tomorrow.

i think i may have officially lost my lifetime membership at WW, which I have had for over 5 years. you lose it if i you don't go to weigh in atleast once a month and i have just hit the 5 week mark... i feel sad. i hate letting things like that go, even if I don't use their meetings for support anymore, I like to know it's there.

I'll try to check back in soon... all the best to you all!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report Card:

Health & Fitness:

1. Keep calories for the week at 10,500 (Monday is a cheat day). 2,645, 1,526 (total 4,171)
2. Exercise 6 hours. 0 min, 57 min (total 0:57)
3. Attempting at least 3 new workouts. N, Y
4. Use elliptical at least 100 min. N, 20 min
5. Drink 96+ oz of water. Y, Y
6. Average pie at 45/35/20. 46/18/37, 46/31/23 (Weekly average 46/25/30)

Other stuff:

7. Get DDs registered for fair by June 1st , it's JUNE people!!! NO, We picked up the book and found out registration is due June 10th, Whew.
8. Get DDs to finish at least 1 4-H project. A little bit of progress, baby step
9. Take kids out for some sort of activity 2X. One has a friend over and DH took them to the movies. Went to the park and then let them get out the summer soak toys.
10. Get garden started. Too wet, Ditto
11. Weed flower beds at least 2 hours. N, N
12. Housekeeping
Monday, holiday
Tuesday, Upstairs bathroom, hallway, stairwell, living room, laundry.
Wednesday, Kitchen, downstairs bathroom, DD's bedroom, laundry.
Thursday, DD's bedroom, dining room, laundry.
Friday, Master bedroom, Den, laundry
Saturday, basement, front porch, laundry
Sunday, 1 cupboard, 1 closet

Today as we finished up at the park and the little one was in the beginning stages of a meltdown my mother calls and says, "You need to get in the car and meet me at the house, I have 300lbs of beef in my car for you and it's thawing out fast". Really? Geez, here we go. I love my mother dearly, but I really was planning on cleaning out the freezer before I went to pick up the side of beef, maybe tomorrow. So I loaded the kids up into the van (meltdown and all) and headed to mom & dad's. Where's the beef? Honestly it's easier to tell you where it isn't. I did not find adequate cold storage in the living room, the front porch or the 1/2 bathroom, but all 3 freezers are so full that I had to wedge heavy objects against the doors to keep them shut. I really should have remembered that I normally get a quarter beef, not a side. Oh well, I bet I run one of the only daycare's that serves aged black Angus on a regular basis. Good grief you should see the size of the steaks, and me on a diet. Go figure.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:43 PM
FitDay Member

I did something today I've never done before, or at least it's been so long I don't remember ever doing it. I got up and did my workout on an empty stomach, and strangely enough I've not been all that hungry today. Most likely because I ate way to much yesterday, or it could be that it's just too hot to eat. I thought it would help me keep my calories in check, and it did until I made another batch of muffins...
Old 05-31-2011, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

Had a wonderful day. Easily managed all of my work with quite a bit of play. My life feels so much more in control with husband back at work and following a disciplined eating plan. The impromptu eating of last week just wasn't for me. Had a lovely dinner out with son and his wife. 28 years old today. Hmm... I guess I can't get away with telling people I'm 29 any more, huh? Sat around the dinner table realizing that I have two great kids, a great husband and a wonderful daughter-in-law. I wish I could put this feeling in a bottle and pull it out the next time all hell breaks lose...
Old 05-31-2011, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

*Tuesday*

Back To Discipline:
Food and Fitness

1. 1200 calories/day with the exception of Tuesday. (Son's birthday) 1150 plus a piece of cake.
2. Walk two miles per day minimum, weather permitting. Two 2 mile walks.
3. LOG EVERYTHING! Yes
4. Take multivitamin, flax and vitamin E daily. Yes

Personal Baggage:

Not too much in this area this week. Just want to get through the last few days of school and then, hopefully, life will slow to a more manageable pace.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

I ended up going to the gym today and lifted. I was cautious of what I was doing though.
Here goes, my goals for the week.

1) 1 cheat day (Monday) yes
for the other 6 days
2) gallon of water a day no (working on getting it all down, will update if I do)
3) 2500 cal deficient -918
4) no more than 60g of cabs a day (after breakfast) 47.8g
5) walk the dogs 5 times no

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 06-01-2011 at 02:15 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I needed the nap, I went home and was in pain. I selpt for about 2 hrs.

I ate so bad yesterday that I nearly got myself sick.
dang where's the grammar police? lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.