Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11

Old 05-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Luck at the doctor, luck with the Italian Festival, or both?

We'll go with both. GOOD LUCK!

Today was pretty good for me. However, circumstances (racing around and back to back scheduling) contrived to land me in the first fast food establishment I've been in in eons. We ended up at Chick-Fil-A for dinner; I got a grilled chicken salad with fruit and I had four of my son's waffle fries (he seldom eats them; I don't know why we get them) but left the rest on the tray (unheard of, in my old days). It wasn't the best choice, but it didn't send me over the edge, either.

1. Get through the week. So far, so good, Still here, Barely, Coming back to life
2. Make good decisions about eating. Fair to good, Fair to good, Not just no, but heck no, Fair
3. Exercise when time permits. No time today, Cardio tennis, Cardio tennis, Tennis match
4. Don't self-sabotage. Check, Check, Fail, Check
Old 05-19-2011, 04:11 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Rebel, a new trick for me is to use the journal tab in FitDay before I eat something. I go in there and write a quick note about what's going on and why I'm eating. "Because I'm hungry" is a good thing to have in there. "Because I'm ticked off!" isn't. It does make me stop and think.
That's a really good idea. I think part of the problem is that I'm at work and if I get stressed I want to get up and go someplace, and that place ends up being the cafeteria. Now that the weather is getting better I need to just go outside and de-stress outside.

I don't think I respond well to treats... the problem is I just end up giving myself the treat if I earned it or not. Same with punishment, if it's self inflicted I just won't do it. I have a good amount of self restraint in other areas of my life, but food is just the ultimate weakness.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Rebel,
Now, I've learned to get things off of my chest quickly. Some may find me "direct". I think it's quite liberating.
Yeah, I've gotten a LOT more direct as I've gotten older. But I've also gotten some feedback that it comes across too harsh sometimes. I've just started dating a new guy and I'm still in the figuring out stage. You know- are these differences things worth talking about & working on or are these the things we're just going to end up breaking up over in 6 months so I should cut and run before things get serious?

But I sent him a note and got a few things off my chest and I do feel better now.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:16 PM
FitDay Member

Hi,

Mern, thanks, I do have the eating and water under control, cannot find the motivation to exercise... I am actually not hungry, I am eating clean so I feel I eat a lot, and I am taking advantage of not being particularly hungry these days.

Rebel, besides the advice about journaling, speaking to the people causing you to feel anxious, and getting busy, I would tell you to just stop, sit down and have a snack, log it in and move on. I know for me if I start taking a little bit of everything it tends to add up more than if I just sit down and have a proper snack, it somehow makes me feel more in control, even if I didnt need to eat to begin with. Does that make any sense?

Cassie, if it didnt send you overboard then they were good choices!

Quinn, best of luck tomorrow!

Thursday

1. Keep a 1200 calorie weekly average Average 1138
2. Drink 3 liters of water per day. Yes , Yes , Yes , Yes
3. Take the dog to walk 4 times. No, No, No, No
4. Exercise 5 times during the week. No, No, Yes , No
5. Find three ways to do my hair. One down, No, Yes , No
6. Sort out all the things I took out of the closet. No, No, No, No
7. Clean two drawers. No, No, No, No
8. Keep a clean Inbox. Not bad, Yes , Yes , No
Old 05-19-2011, 11:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Ouch!!! Are you saying that her book would put him to sleep?

Cat fight?
Nope, he needs to train his brain to be happy, cause clearly he wasn't born with enough natural happy.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:26 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600, 50 push-ups for days I'm over. 1,490, 1,598, 1,591, 2,381 did my PUs
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y, Y, Y
3. Exercise 6 hours. 60 min, 60 min, 70 min, 60 min (total 4:10)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. -835, -989, -692, -169 (total -2,685)
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher. 43c-36p, 47c-31p, 45c-32p, 52c-18p
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. Y, Y, Y, Y
7. Fix elliptical. N, N, YES!!!

Non-Fitness Goals:

8. Get coupon binder sorted out. N, N, N, N
9. Call the autobody place and change loaner car arrangement. N, N, YES!!!
10. Clean out DD's dressers. N, N, N, N
11. Smile more, bitch less. Y, Y, Y
12. 1 hour of cleaning in the basement. N, 10 min, N, N
13. Get veggie garden started, weekend project.
14. Housework:
Monday: down-stairs bathroom, up-stairs bathroom, laundry
Tuesday: kitchen, stairwell, hall, laundry
Wednesday living room, bedroom, laundry
Thursday dining room, bedroom, laundry
Friday den, master bedroom, laundry
Saturday, front porch, basement, laundry
Sunday, 1 closet, 2 cupboards.[/QUOTE]

Mr. Screamy Pants was BAD yesterday, seriously 5+ hours of screaming. His mom calls it "fussy", I have another more descriptive word for it... He's back again today, hopefully he'll be better. I'm starting to think the little man is very intelligent and doesn't like the unpredictability of multiple care providers. A schedule might go a long way towards making him easier to deal with. Yesterday I kept feeling like he was screaming because I wasn't doing it his way. If that makes any sense. Caring for him also makes me stressed out, which sends me straight to the kitchen, so my goals took a hit. I suppose it's not right to blame an infant for my lack of willpower, but he did not help, that is for certain.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Mr. Screamy Pants was BAD yesterday, seriously 5+ hours of screaming. His mom calls it "fussy", I have another more descriptive word for it... He's back again today, hopefully he'll be better. I'm starting to think the little man is very intelligent and doesn't like the unpredictability of multiple care providers. A schedule might go a long way towards making him easier to deal with. Yesterday I kept feeling like he was screaming because I wasn't doing it his way. If that makes any sense. Caring for him also makes me stressed out, which sends me straight to the kitchen, so my goals took a hit. I suppose it's not right to blame an infant for my lack of willpower, but he did not help, that is for certain.
I really hate to ask this b/c I'm sure you've already went into the story about him.... but I'm going to. Do you run a daycare or something or do you just watch this one kid? Either way I'd have to cut ties. Maybe I'm just insensitive at times but I'd have to tell the parents to take their demon child back and don't return him until he's under control.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) drink more water-?, eh spilled a lot on myself that I'll say, not enough 40 oz maybe, drank more was really thirsty may be dehydrated
2) stretch- a little, N, YES, N
3) walk or gym 3x this week- N, N, GYM YES, Walk
4) eat healthier, less sugar, more veg - until dinner where I went nuts on the Chinese food and then later had cheese (both no nos for me and don't I feel it now), YES I HAD TO and lost 3 pounds of sodium and water weight according to my notoriously capricious scale, YES, YES
5) take my supplements (they help!) YES, YES, YES, YES

Non fitness:
1) write - a little, went to class, wrote some notes, sent piece to vicious editor
2) meditate - YES, no, no, no
3) don't sucked into DD's moods_ YES!!!! got a little sucked in but tried not to show it, YES, DD was in a good mood and the villagers were happy!!!!
4) be kind - Yes, for me, yesish, yes, yeeeeehhhs
5) listen more - ? I tried, not so much, yes? oh forget this i just won't shut up

Amy, the Bad Canary says you should tell the parents to take their little troll and deal with him themselves till he can get a grip; the Good Canary feels for both of you.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator

Rebel: Emotional eating gets all of us from time to time - I think the point is to DO something rather than mindlessly snack - even making it a "proper snack" like pouring it out into a bowl and limiting yourself to just the serving is better than mindless munching. Especially if you KNOW you're emotionally eating, baby steps can sometimes go a long way You'll get there, have faith in yourself and be kind to yourself! You're human. That means you make mistakes, but that you can also fix them!

quinn: Good luck with the doctor and your Italian shenanigans!!!

Cassie: I have to admit I eat the Chik-Fil-A salads from time to time - BF is addicted to their sandwiches. The chicken and fruit salad is actually pretty good in terms of cals - a little high salt, but you could have chosen FAR worse, and good for you for laying off the fries!

almeeker: The book totally has a section about "happiness set points" and "natural happy" lol. He needs his happy meter tweaked!

Main80: Stick with it! I have barely exercised in two weeks, ugh. Stomach virus only accounts for half of that... just kick your butt into gear! I am aiming for Saturday morning. Even just one day is better than no days this week

Hope: Your goals are looking great, good luck on the piece you sent to the editor!

Mini-Goals

1) 3,000 calorie deficit over five days W: -624 Th: -849 (Total -1,473)
2) At least 96 oz. of water every day W: yeah Th: yes
3) Exercise at least once this weekend (twice ideally) W: N/A Th: N/A
4) Back to a normal sleeping routine - at least 7 hours of sleep each night W: yes, but I went to bed too late... Th: Ditto, way too late. Might need weekend to re-set.
5) 5 servings of fruits and veggies per day W: somewhere between 3 and 4 Th: yes!
6) Don't overdo it W: Eased in Th: Felt good!
7) Weigh on Friday and see if anything stuck! W: N/A Th: N/A

Though it's not in my report, I DID weigh this morning (Friday)...and 181.1! So the stomach-virus-weight-loss has pretty stuck so far! I had been plateauing-ish (not a real plateau but rather a really slow decline...) before I got the virus so maybe it kicked the plateau out? hahaha.

I made a pretty awesome dinner last night if I do say so myself -- it was kind of a hybrid goulash/lasagna thing. BF didn't like it because I added onions (poo poo to him - he'd prefer all meals to be meat with cheese with a potato on the side...) but I thought it was DELISH and fairly low-cal - I didn't even feel the need to use all rf cheese (I used half and half "full fat" cheese and rf mozzarella) and a serving was still only in the 350 cal range. Nice!

In a great mood this morning. Found out some money problems are going to be solved, the scale was nice to me, I'm feeling pretty much 100%, the sun is shining. Going to be a great day!

~Terri
Old 05-20-2011, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Amy,

Here is a Yinglish (Yiddish/English) translation of the words of the Bad Canary. You tell them this word for word; they'll get it

I don't know if you are kvelling over your kindele or not but I need this tsuris like a loch in kop. The pay is bupkis for such michegoss. This whole megilla is making me fartoost, farklempt and more than a bissel meshuggeneh, not to mention I'm gonna get zoftig from all the essing I do from stress. If you had any sechkel, people, you would realize this deal is kaput. Or else cough up more shekels; don't be shnorrers or worse, chazzers. Amy, you are a shana maydele with a tov neshama, don't let them treat you like drek. Much mazel, bubbelah!! Farshtay?

Last edited by canary52; 05-20-2011 at 03:15 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.