Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/9/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/9/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/9/11

Old 05-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Reporting in:

1. Eat clean (fruits, veggies, protein, whole grains, reduced fat dairy). Yes, Yes (except for a G2 during my match), Yes, Yes
2. Stick to 1200 calories M-W; 1400 max T-F; 1300 Sa-Su. 838, 1200 exactly, 1195, 1309
3. Exercise 7 times. Weights, Cardio tennis AM & match in PM, Nope-double yesterday, Jogged the (hilly) neighborhood
4. Take all vitamins and supplements on schedule. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Sleep 7 hours a night. No, No, Not even close, No
6. Drink 64 oz. of water, minimum. 74, 92, 84, still going
7. Log absolutely everything, even gum, cough drops, spoon licks, etc. Yes, Yes, Yes, Best I could (out to eat)
8. Use journal to note reasons for eating. Yes, Some, No, a little

9. Research restaurants and plan into food log for Thursday and Friday. Yes
10. Pick a day hike for Friday. Yes
11. Indulge myself in non-food ways Wednesday evening/Thursday morning. Sure did!
12. Paint trim in the boy's room this weekend. Not yet

Last edited by cjohnson728; 05-13-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:27 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600, 50 push-ups for days I'm over. 1,442, 2,477 did my 50 PU's, 1,600, 1,600
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y, Y, Y, Y
3. Exercise 6 hours. 75 min, 34 min, 83 min, 60 min (total 4:12)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. -1,135, +68, -916, -500 (total -1,983)
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher. 41c-37p, 48c-23p, 47c-34p, 45c/34p
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. Y, Y, Y, Y
7. Grain free 3 days. Y, N, Y, Y

Non-Fitness Goals:

8. Get coupon binder sorted out. N, N, N, N
9. Call the autobody place and set up appointment. Y, DONE
10. Fix middle DD's dresser. N, 1/2 way there. Cha-Ching!!
11. Smile more, bitch less and (stealing from Crimpet) instantly drop into a 2 minute plank for infractions. Y, Y&N, N, N
12. 1 hour of cleaning in the basement. N, N, N, N
13. 2 hours of gardening. N, N, N, N
14. Housework:
Monday: down-stairs bathroom, up-stairs bathroom, laundry
Tuesday: kitchen, stairwell, hall, laundry
Wednesday living room, bedroom, laundry
Thursday dining room, bedroom, laundry
Friday den, master bedroom, laundry
Saturday, front porch, basement, laundry
Sunday, Middle DD's 1st Communion Party, no time for anything else.

I didn't get much sleep again last night. I was dead tired but every so often there was this really weird clank-rattle-bang-bang sound outside our bedroom window, like someone was throwing a license plate at a brick wall, woke me up like 4-5 times. Finally out of desperation I got up, slipped something on my feet and went outside to investigate. There was a piece of sheet metal, siding maybe, like 2'x4' laying in the middle of the intersection. So cars in both directions were hitting it. LOVELY. So there I was at midnight, dancing in the street in my nightie and hot pink flip flops, dragging garbage out of the middle of the road. Luckily there wasn't any traffic to witness the spectacle I made of myself. At that point I was angry and peckish so I made myself a snack and curled up on the couch for a little reading time. Well one snack lead to another and another, so here I sit at 7:00am already over budget for the day. LOVELY. So I'm going to chalk this one up as a cheat day and deal (PU's).

I also did not workout this morning, I worked on a little sewing project I need to finish. Middle DD's 1st Comm is Sunday so as a surprise gift to her I'm making a matching 1st Communion dress for her American Girl doll. Get this, I'm making it from pieces I found in my scrap box, but I did spend about $3 on some new white ribbon. A similar dress from American Girl costs around $60 plus shipping. I did find a few on-line from other manufacturers for less, but none of them were all that pretty and they didn't match DD's dress even a little bit. Crazy how expensive a 1/2 yard of satin gets when you shape it into something.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-12-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!! Keep up the great work...looks like all you need now is to maintain. What a transition! I am so proud of you .... you inspire me!!!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

jj: Glad you got a lot of much-needed sleep!

Main80: Keep hanging in there! Where do you think you do the worst on time management? Sometimes just starting with doing one thing at a time really helps.

quinn: Eek! I hope the storming lets up soon!

Mern: One day is nothing, you'll get right back to being steady!

Cassie: Your week and upcoming weekend sound awesome, I'm happy for you (and a little jealous!)

almeeker: The vision of you wrestling with the sheet metal, I had to admit, gave me a big chuckle here -- but that must have been SO annoying! I think making a cheat day out of your snacking is the way to do. I do that sometimes too, and you know you can get right back at it. I wish you good luck with your sewing project, I need to get back on mine...

Thursday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 3500 calorie deficit from food alone M: -784 T: -790 W: -838 Th: -664 (Week Total: -3,076)
2) Exercise 3x this week (health depending) and record exercise deficit here M: N/A T: N/A W: N/A Th: N/A
3) Achieve a 30% protein average for the week M: 27% T: 28% W: 29% Th: 30% (Weekly average 28.5%)
4) Carbs at or below 50% average for the week M: 44% T: 44% W: 40% Th: 36% (Weekly average 41%)
5) Five servings of fruits and veggies a day M: 2 T: 3 W: 3 Th: 3
6) Drink a gallon (128 fl oz.) of water daily M: No (120) T: yes W: no (104) Th: no (104)
7) Report here each and every day M: Day after T: Day after W: Day after Th: Day after
8) No takeout food at all (exception: lab meeting always has pizza. I can't avoid this) M: No takeout T: Fail. W: No takeout Th: No takeout

Other Life Stuff:
1) Handle stress directly and appropriately M: Yes, and I felt so professional! T: Yes W: Yes, but it's making me tired. Th: No real stress
2) Work on my embroidery for at least five hours M: No T: No W: I tried, but no. Th: No
3) Do not weigh all week, until next Monday M: Avoided scale T: Avoided! W: Avoided Th: Didn't even look at it
4) Try two new recipes M: No T: No W: Yes (Mango chicken with a spice blend) Th: No
5) "Smile more, bitch less" M: Yes! T: Big yes W: I tried Th: Yeah

I didn't work out again yesterday. There's no real excuse, though in my defense, I had a whopping headache that no pills were curing. I took a nap from 7:00-8:30 and it helped some. Dinner helped a little more, and then I just fell asleep on the couch at 10:00. I blame TOTM. It's usually not this bad, but I was totally drained out yesterday. I'm faring a lot better today so I REALLY have no excuses.

At least it's Friday! Also, the copies of my first book came in the mail the other day - I have a whopping 30 free copies, and Saturday morning I need to heft a bunch of books down to the post office and get them mailed across the country to my family and friends. So much for having a little bit to save this month... it's probably all going to go in the mail... grrrr. I'll see what sort of price I can finagle.

~Terri
Old 05-13-2011, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, my pals. I'll surely try harder today to get back on track.

Thursday report:

Calorie limit 1600 1398, 1384, 1298 1828
Calorie deficit 1037 1298,1312, 1181 651
Carb less fiber limit 25g 16.5, 13.7, 19.5 32.7
Protein goal 110g 148.5, 108.2 110.5 102.8
Veggies four servings per day YES YES NO YES

Limit 1 packet artificial sweetener per day 1, 0, 0, 0
Limit 2 pieces sugar free candy per day 0, 1, 1, 2

Water 64 oz. YES YES NO

Exercise: 1/2 hour per day YES YES NO, NO

Last edited by Mern; 05-13-2011 at 05:59 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

Check in for Thursday.

1. Enter foods for *every* day, including the weekends. - Yes
2. Keep calories under 2,000 - No
3. Physical therapy for my wrist 3x/day - No, stretching 3x, weights 1x

Gah yesterday was BAD for eating. Usually I try to make a week's worth of breakfast/lunch/snack in advance (at least cereal, fruit & yogurt in a bag in the fridge, with a stack of home-made frozen meals to grab as I go out the door) but this week I didn't do it and kept telling myself I would at least grab lunch out of the freezer on my way out... nope! I know myself and I know the only way I'll eat right is to plan it in detail ahead of time... but I got lazy & didn't do it. So yesterday I was eating at the cafeteria for breakfast, lunch & dinner on my way to class. And there is just too much temptation and too few genuinely healthy & properly portioned foods.

Oh well. Today is a little better so far. I brought lunch (chicken & broccoli) and I brought one of my 2lb weights to work so I have been able to do my wrist exercises a couple of times.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:06 PM
FitDay Member

Rebel, way to go bouncing back with chicken and broccoli and your weights. And kudos to you for knowing HOW to do it by planning and making your breakfast, lunch, and snacks ahead of time. We all have occasional problems getting the "how to" and the "actually doing it" in sync. Wishing you much success.

Almeeker, so sorry 'bout your fight with the sheet metal in the street and that aggravation leading to your cheat and pushups. Stuff just happens sometimes, but we've all seen you bounce right back on track. You can do it. Aw, I hope you have a lovely day Sunday. My Grandma made my First Communion dress--great seamstress. DD will love he matching dress for her doll! What a great gift that will be.

Cassie! Except for your sleep you're doing a marvelous job! Woohoo! Great that you had such a good time with DH yesterday and getting the much needed break from work. Enjoy!

Quinn, wishing you much less busy days!

Mike, congrats on all the green in your progress report.

Hi to everyone else. Congrats to all who are doing well and big hugs to all who are having a rough time.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:21 PM
FitDay Member

Terri, I'm glad your Dad can cope with that burning sensation from nerve damage--I am truly getting used to it. Glad bf finally got some good sleep. Wow, he really had to smack that thing hard to have a stiff neck! Geez, Louise--you surely are experienced at fainting! Glad to hear you know what to do to protect yourself when you feel like you're going to pass out from your low blood pressure. That's got to be scary! What do you to to manage low blood pressure?

Oh, you poor thang! I'll bet it wasn't funny at the time you fainted at Mass. When I was a kid (raised Catholic, too) I attended a parochial school and our school day started with daily Mass. It was a small church--seated maybe 250 people at the most. On really hot days we'd always have a kid or two faint from the heat and lack of circulation. They thought fans in church were irreverent, I guess. My church building now, built in 1985, is air conditioned.

Last edited by Mern; 05-13-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Rebel, way to go bouncing back with chicken and broccoli and your weights. And kudos to you for knowing HOW to do it by planning and making your breakfast, lunch, and snacks ahead of time. We all have occasional problems getting the "how to" and the "actually doing it" in sync. Wishing you much success.
Thanks... I'll make sure to do my lunches this Sunday - I'll schedule it in!!

The other thing I discovered is that I can skip the starch I usually put in my lunches. You know, it's typically chicken, broccoli & rice, or a pork chop, red potato & asparagus or similar. But when I look at it I think - chicken 150 calories... yeah, I enjoy chicken 150 calories worth, broccoli - 100 calories... yeah, I love broccoli, 100 calories is a bargain, but rice (with butter) at 200 calories... nope, don't love it that much, and I don't especially like potatoes, I just feel like it's part of the meal. And I've always been very anti 'anti-carb', but it's starting to look like a lot of the carbs I eat (tortillas - OMG) end up being a lot more calories than I think they should be worth - especially if they don't have much fiber.

Learning learning learning!
Old 05-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Checking in:

1. Eat clean (fruits, veggies, protein, whole grains, reduced fat dairy). Yes, Yes (except for a G2 during my match), Yes, Yes, No-had a G2 on the trail, a soda at dinner, and frozen yog w/chocolate syrup tonight
2. Stick to 1200 calories M-W; 1400 max T-F; 1300 Sa-Su. 838, 1200 exactly, 1195, 1309, 1520
3. Exercise 7 times. Weights, Cardio tennis AM & match in PM, Nope-double yesterday, Jogged the (hilly) neighborhood, Hiked in AM & weights in PM
4. Take all vitamins and supplements on schedule. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No-no calcium
5. Sleep 7 hours a night. No, No, Not even close, No, Yes!
6. Drink 64 oz. of water, minimum. 74, 92, 84, still going, 66
7. Log absolutely everything, even gum, cough drops, spoon licks, etc. Yes, Yes, Yes, Best I could (out to eat), Yes
8. Use journal to note reasons for eating. Yes, Some, No, a little, Yes

9. Research restaurants and plan into food log for Thursday and Friday. Yes
10. Pick a day hike for Friday. Yes
11. Indulge myself in non-food ways Wednesday evening/Thursday morning. Sure did!
12. Paint trim in the boy's room this weekend. Not yet

Today was a great day. DH & I hiked in the AM, but we stopped after lunch because thunderstorms were brewing. We went and got analyzed and fitted for appropriate running shoes, then went out to dinner again. I did some more shopping, no hurrying, no one calling or asking what's for dinner. Although the boy is texting me constantly with a play by play whenever there is down time

I did slip on the food, though; I did great until I saw a commercial for ice cream, and the power of suggestion was too much. I had one serving; I call it preventative, as I fear the longer I made myself hold off, the quicker I'd be in the whole carton with a spoon !

Hope you all had a good Friday and have a lovely weekend!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.