Notices

100 lb club

Old 01-31-2010, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

Smile New and missed my goal by one pound

Hi everyone, I have been reading you posts and would like to join. I need the motivation and support. I am at 276 down from over 300 lbs. Not sure exactly how much over as was to afraid to weigh and know the truth. Now with this site I am trying to be accountable for all that I am eating and using Wii fit for exercise. My goal was 275 by today and I missed it by one pound, but I guess that is better than I was doing before this site. I still have a long way to go and know it will take time. Thank all of you for your great suggestions and support.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default 100 lbs....

Well, I'm just starting and new to these forums particularly. I started out at 250 end of Dec, looking for like 150.

I'm concerned about one thing particularly, but maybe be more so when I get closer. I think I'll have a lot of belly skin left after al of this. Does this happen often? I'd prefer not to have to get it removed, as I bet my insurance won't deal, plus the possible after problems. Anybody else worried? or got any ideas how to tell or what to do?

I'd hate to lose weight just to be ugly skinny...
Old 02-01-2010, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by heavensdarkangel
Well, I'm just starting and new to these forums particularly. I started out at 250 end of Dec, looking for like 150.

I'm concerned about one thing particularly, but maybe be more so when I get closer. I think I'll have a lot of belly skin left after al of this. Does this happen often? I'd prefer not to have to get it removed, as I bet my insurance won't deal, plus the possible after problems. Anybody else worried? or got any ideas how to tell or what to do?

I'd hate to lose weight just to be ugly skinny...
Its my understanding is that when you lose weight naturally, such as diet and exercise, and not someting like gastric bypass, you are less likely to have that problem. I know that the natural elasticity of your skin plays a part in that as well. There is a thread dealing with it somewhere, I think it might be in the fitness section, but its definitely on one of the coed boards.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Correction: its in the Weight Loss Tips forum.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Smile ah...

thank you, I'll look for that.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:21 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Just lost the 100

Finally crossed the line.

I started at 302 in may 2009 just made 202 today.

I started with Alli. That worked for a few months for me, really made me watch what I ate. But then I developed a side effect, so I stopped taking the pill and stayed on the diet. I altered the diet slightly. no more than 30% of my calories from fat (usually around 25%) and high fiber. It's high on the calorie side (1800), but I have an active job, so that is why.

Its been working.

Exercise. Started off with just walking. Nothing special, but walking to the grocery store, instead of taking the car (also helps with not buying stuff you don't need, because you don't want to haul it back.), things like that.
Only in the last two months I have added more. I go to the YMCA at least twice a week to use the elliptical machine and the weights. At home I use resistance bands.

The other motivation for me is really getting focused on my writing. When I write I don't sit down and mindlessly eat (like when you watch tv) I keep my hands and mind busy.

It's been rough and hard. But I cannot wait to get the last 50 off.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by leapetra
Finally crossed the line.

I started at 302 in may 2009 just made 202 today.

I started with Alli. That worked for a few months for me, really made me watch what I ate. But then I developed a side effect, so I stopped taking the pill and stayed on the diet. I altered the diet slightly. no more than 30% of my calories from fat (usually around 25%) and high fiber. It's high on the calorie side (1800), but I have an active job, so that is why.

Its been working.

Exercise. Started off with just walking. Nothing special, but walking to the grocery store, instead of taking the car (also helps with not buying stuff you don't need, because you don't want to haul it back.), things like that.
Only in the last two months I have added more. I go to the YMCA at least twice a week to use the elliptical machine and the weights. At home I use resistance bands.

The other motivation for me is really getting focused on my writing. When I write I don't sit down and mindlessly eat (like when you watch tv) I keep my hands and mind busy.

It's been rough and hard. But I cannot wait to get the last 50 off.
Congratulations!
Old 02-07-2010, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy New to group

I plan to start my weight loss (or get healthy) or whatever you call it tomorrow. I have been looking around and found this site. Hopefully it will help. I can use all of the help I can get. It is lonely. I feel like over the years I have lost my friends and just don't have the energy to do much else. Sounds like I feel sorry for myself - not really, I did this to myself. Just fed up with it all and need to take control over my life back.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hi add me to the 100 plus club Ive used fitday before and started to also restart today....
Will be great getting to know all of you.
Currently I walk 1 hour a day mon-fri on a track and mon and thurs evenings I have aquafit. Just started this regime and still feel excited about it.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hi my name is Jodi and I would like to join your group. I have struggled with weight most of my life. A few years ago a started running (I actually ran a 5km race which was huge for me) and dropped a lot of weight. I felt great, but I fell off the wagon. My current weight is 242.5. My short term goal is 200 and I would like to make that by July. I need all the help I can get. I have joined the face book group and look forward to getting to know all of you. Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.