Notices

100 lb club

Old 03-13-2010, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by al.e
I'm new here. I need to lose about 100lbs at this point. It seems like a lot and most people tell me, "No way, you would wither away to nothing if you lost that much." I guess I hide it pretty well because no one thinks I need to lose that much BUT I do.

I have always been unhappy with my body but in the last few years it has gotten bad. I was always active when I was younger so it wasn't a big problem.

I got a scale and stepped on it and about died when it said 243. I am now down to 238 but that's in 2 weeks and me not doing much exercise. I have been watching what I eat and counting calories. I am waiting on some exercise equipment to come so that I can really start working out. Now that the weather is getting nicer I am excited to be able to get out and jog. I also look forward to kayaking, hiking, etc. =)

Oh I just turned 26 and eventually my weight loss goal is to get to around 130lbs.

I have a list of things I want to get once I lose weight or atleast get halfway there. =)
Hey girlie, I started off at 244, so we are in the same park. I don't know how tall you are but I'm a shortie 5'-2" (when I round up), so my ideal weight is around 120 argh! When I started dieting I was hoping to lose like 40 pounds and it was a lot to hope I could do that much even. But now I'm super charged, this morning I was down 49 pounds from my heaviest. I too carry it well, cause when I told my mother that I still had 75 pounds to go, I thought she would faint. I think pattialbert is right, you have to set small achievable goals in order to face a loss of 100+ pounds because all by itself that 3 digit number is intimidating. I'm using the Wii Fit Plus and every two weeks I set myself a goal of -5 pounds. Most of the time I make it, but there have been weeks when I don't. It's okay because even if I only lose 3-4 pounds in 2 weeks I'm still winning the war. Good luck on your exercise equipment delivery!
Old 03-13-2010, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

I just popped in to say I hope everyone is achieving their goals today, and I hope everyone has an absolutly fabulous weekend.

Today is day five and now that I am finally coming off of my deep-fried induced coma I'm feeling focused and loving it. I really think it's going to take this time, I haven't once cheated or had the urge to in 5 days... What? Could this really be happening? I am so excited, I cant wait to see some results. Right now I am just losing water weight, so I'm 5.5 lbs down... I just can't wait the fat to melt off! Let the lard busting begin!
Old 03-13-2010, 03:01 PM
FitDay Member

HELLO ALL. I have decided that it is time to take control of my wieght. I have for the past 2 and a half years worked in a call center. I used to work in a process plant for potatoes. I was much more active. I was doing okay till this week and got several migraines in one week.
I like to garden and so I need to get this weight off and get in shape again so I can get out there and get my place in shape. It is still really cold here. It was snowing again today. So even though I have a greenhouse it is too cold to turn the heat on in it. I don't want to waste propane or seeds. So I have my tomatoes and peppers ect. on my a frame in the dinning room.
Here's to a better week and seeing some weight off for all of us. Nyda
Old 03-14-2010, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default welcome to all the new faces

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm doing much better, not going to dwell on the negative and look forward to a new me and a positive attitude! I like the idea of small rewards that are not connected to food, but in making yourself feel better with clothes or salon visits. I could also use some new makeup for summer and some pretty new nail polish- maybe a manicure. That would be a treat to work for-

Small steps I keep reminding myself- maybe I'll post some upbeat notes too- exspecially on the fridge. LOL

Keep up the great work ladies
Old 03-14-2010, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default hello! Welcome Newself

Originally Posted by newself!

HELLO ALL. I have decided that it is time to take control of my wieght. I have for the past 2 and a half years worked in a call center. I used to work in a process plant for potatoes. I was much more active. I was doing okay till this week and got several migraines in one week.
I like to garden and so I need to get this weight off and get in shape again so I can get out there and get my place in shape. It is still really cold here. It was snowing again today. So even though I have a greenhouse it is too cold to turn the heat on in it. I don't want to waste propane or seeds. So I have my tomatoes and peppers ect. on my a frame in the dinning room.
Here's to a better week and seeing some weight off for all of us. Nyda
My work is also seated so I know what you're going through with the limited day to day activities. Are you planning on doing some sort of exercise between now and garden-time? I've started a 30 day challenge in the Exercise forum. You can do any kind of exercise for any amount of time you want. I'm just trying to make it a daily habit to do some sort of exercise 6 days a week and having to post it everyday is keeping me on track. I'd love for you to join us. Then I'd like to hear all about your garden. I'm also a gardener and am in the process of moving my gardens in the backyard this year. I'm using those projects as part of my 30 day challenge and will use gardening for it, too. How do you provide light for your dining room 'greenhouse'? I converted a bedroom into a 'greenhouse' this year and I can't believe how many grow lights I've had to buy so the seedlings won't be leggy--some of them are still leggy and I'm not sure they'll make it. Any suggestions?
I'm so glad you're taking control of your weight-you'll be healthier for it. I hope the migraines aren't associated with the new eating plan/habit--and that they stop soon. Have you been to a doc about them yet?
Old 03-14-2010, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by speedyfair
Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm doing much better, not going to dwell on the negative and look forward to a new me and a positive attitude! I like the idea of small rewards that are not connected to food, but in making yourself feel better with clothes or salon visits. I could also use some new makeup for summer and some pretty new nail polish- maybe a manicure. That would be a treat to work for-

Small steps I keep reminding myself- maybe I'll post some upbeat notes too- exspecially on the fridge. LOL

Keep up the great work ladies
Speedyfair- I'm so glad to hear how resilient, strong and determined you are & that you're in control through a very difficult time. Positive attitudes are so powerful - I'm working on that too-not just with diet and body image, but in everything I do, see, etc.
You're so right, the rewards that create an even more positive self-image is a real incentive to stay on track. Our culture is so conditioned to thinking of rewards as food - dinner at a nice restaurant, a box of candy, cake, a bottle of wine/champange, etc. But the new rewards are really hard to think up for me. Your idea of make up made me think that I'll try a new skin renewal (anti-aging) product as a reward. That'll give me something to research and look forward to for my 2nd 10 pound loss. Lessening crows feet and sun damage (getting age spots eeeeks!) would be fabulous!

Have a wonderful and successful new week everyone!
Old 03-14-2010, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Desert Mountain. I have shop lights hanging above the flats. I don't plan on the plants being in the house for long. I am still hoping that spring will come and I will be able to turn on the heater and have it good, and move it all out to the greenhouse and real sunlight.
I do plan on doing walking, outside when weather permits or inside to my walk away the pounds tapes. I am thinking about checking out the local municaple swimming pool and see how much it would cost to go swimmingh a couple of times a week. I missed my pool last year,but it was to cold all summer to put it up. i am not a polar bear.
I did a little better today then yesterday. I had a lot less fat. Is any one using alli and does it help. Nyda
Old 03-15-2010, 11:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default back to the work week

Hi,

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I weighed today and was down 1 lb, so for the week I had, I'll take it LOL Everyone sounds like they have such wonderful plans for the summer. I'm looking forward to being outside and starting some projects areound the house, I have more energy now and feel like I can do the things I've wanted to do, but always told myself that my weight stopped me and I couldn't do anything physical. Now, I tell myself "I CAN" and even if it takes me longer and I have to take a break or work several days, I plan on doing my yard work and flowers myself this year- had always hired it done. Maybe I'll use the extra money for a treat or new clothes. lol Here's to the start of another healthy week!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by desertmountain
Your idea of make up made me think that I'll try a new skin renewal (anti-aging) product as a reward. That'll give me something to research and look forward to for my 2nd 10 pound loss. Lessening crows feet and sun damage (getting age spots eeeeks!) would be fabulous!
I love this idea!!! New beauty cream here I come. My mother, bless her heart, who I believe is at least partially to blame for my food issues, and who has been on my behind for YEARS to lose the weight (and by YEARS I mean DECADES), said to me, "Oh sweetheart the weight loss is fantastic, but what are you doing about all those new wrinkles?". I love that woman, but I swear she's never going to be completely satisfied with the way I've turned out.

Anyway I had a pretty good weekend, and didn't wreck my diet. I skipped Sunday brunch out yesterday and went to choir practice instead. The funny part was that I missed that omelet ALL DAY, and am still missing it today. But in skipping all that fat and calories I was down a little this morning so that was good. Today I don't really know about, I've eaten nuts and cheese in the same day! Yikes! We'll see tomorrow morning I guess. So far I'm down 49 pounds with 75 left to go, but feeling strong and in control today.

Oh and the best news of all is that I have 2 more pair of pants that I can take off without unbuttoning, so they've been tossed into the "donate" box. And I bought myself 3 new workout shirts and one pair of shorts off a rack in the "regular" part of the woman's clothing department, not from the "plus" racks. YEAH!!! I used to wear 2X and 3X, well the stuff I bought yesterday was XL, and it fits fine and will hopefully be baggy in a few more months.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:45 PM
FitDay Member

Good Morning

Great going almeeker. It was a great idea to substitute an activity for the brunch, maybe treat yourself and make a healthy omelet at home to satisfy that craving. I use two egg whites to one egg yolk and tons of veggies with a little cheese- yum!

Everyone have a great day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.