Notices

100 lb club

Old 02-24-2010, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for the welcome, Patti. I think I'm going to adopt your (and Speedyfair's) approach of looking at this in smaller 10 pound increments. When I read what you said it made sense--more doable. Thanks for the exercise ideas (you do great with exercise) - I'm with you on the knees thing.
Congrats Speedyfair!! I hope the wine doesn't trigger hunger. But if it does, just log into Fitday before you give in and maybe that will help to keep you on track. I almost got the Wii Fitness Bundle with Yoga for Xmas, but figured the way that I avoid exercise it would just be another expensive piece of exercise equipment that I don't use.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Morning ladies

Speedyfair..yes...when I drink alcohol I do get hungry...but not sure if its due to the alcohol or that my defences are lowered|?? and just say to heck with it and eat...I tend to like salty food like chips etc...thankfully I drink rarely.
Tends to be special occasions like anniversary or christmas etc..and they usually involve food to celebrate anyways.
Desertmountain have you checked your local library. I used to work at one and we had some great dvds people could borrow..maybe try the exercise one before you buy it??? or maybe you will find one there you may like.

Someone on another board on here posted what our Daily stats should be...for protein, carbs and fats. I never knew and often looked at the pie charts here to see where I sit but I didnt know if it was good or not. Well if their information is correct Im doing pretty good.
Proteins-21% (should be 10-15..little over on that one)
Carbs- 53% (should be 55-60 % )
Fats-25% (should be less then 30%)
so overall pretty good and I hit 1600 calories for the week overall as well.
Im still struggleing to get under 290 but it will c ome....I just need to be patient right? ..ya right..haha

Started working on the abs this week...Im such an apple shape which is the worse you can be...Ive started pretty slow but doing crunches, etc and yesterday I bought some resistant bands to help. Im ready to do this right this time~
Old 02-24-2010, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

I did good with the alcohol, I went to bed early so I wouldn't eat anything else. LOL I didn't gain anything this morning so that was good. Just trying to learn how to make this a lifestyle change and not a "diet" so I need to learn how my body will handle different things and stay on track. You're right that this has to be sustainable over the long term to be able to lose a 100 lbs and that will mean handling holidays, special occasions and such. This was a good test to handle a social situation and stay within my calories.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:55 PM
FitDay Member

I just realized after I read this again Speedyfair...you can always add some tonic water or something fizzy to it to make it a spritzer...no extra calories ..either, then you can have more to drink? for the calories of two drinks.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:07 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Wonderful idea

That's what is so great about these forums, I love your idea Patti. I would have never thought about that. I have never used tonic water, but I could mix that with fruit juice also for a non-alcholic drink that would still be special. It would also cut the calories of the juice by diluting it That makes me think of summer and cool drinks on the patio !!
Old 02-25-2010, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

yup and put it in a special glass with some fruit or mint leaves or some kind of garnish to make it extra special...you deserve it!! I am a die hard diet pepsi fan...but recently ive switched to diet 7 up...i dont crave it as much..i can buy a larger bottle 750 mls and it lasts me two days...i pour some in a glass and squeeze a lime into it...makes it very tart and yummy and no calories!!
Old 02-26-2010, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the fizzy drink tip you guys. I love (addicted ) diet soda and know I need to cut back. I put a sprinkle of Slenda in the club soda and lemon (I crave that sweetness of diet soda) and it is very light and refreshing. When I get out of phase 1 I'm going to try it with a squeeze of tangerine or orange and drape a slice on the rim and hope to get away from using splenda.

I'm not a cocktail drinker and wondered what the difference is between club soda and tonic water. When I got to the store I couldn't remember which one you posted about.

WTG Speedyfair - I'm glad you got to enjoy the wine and stay on track Kudos!

I'm so close to (FINALLY) getting below 200. I'm up and down a couple of pounds getting closer and closer ....203 today...dang, its so close I can taste it.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Morning ladies..
Speedyfair..Im not sure what the difference is..and maybe I meant club soda instead of a tonic water. I was thinking of the fizziness so whatever works.
I thought I heard though that one of them does have sodium in it..so if your watching your salt intake check it out first.
Desertmountain this morning Im within 2 pounds of getting into the 280s...I can almost taste it Im so close!!! We will do it!

Off to walk this morning normally take friday to suns off of exercise but joined the 21 day challenge so I have to go...this is a good thing!

Im making some chili today for my meals the next couple of days...its a new recipe. If its good I can post it if you gals would like. Its made with ground turkey. mmmmm
Old 02-26-2010, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Love new Recipes

Hi all

So glad it is Friday- have the weekend off and looking forward to relaxing some. Yes, please post the chili. I made a minestrone two weeks ago with ground turkey and it was very good. Haven't cooked much with ground turkey and any new ideas are always welcome. Sodium has been a big problem for me, seems like I thought I was ok until I started tracking it on fitday. I never use salt, but just the amount that is in packaged foods and such was almost trippling my daily quota at first. Now I'm trying to cook more and use fresh ingredients. I can always tell on the scale when I've had too much sodium. Everyone have a great weekend.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Morning...
Went out for breakfast this morning...had pancakes. It was a concious choice and i enjoyed every one of them...now thats it for calories today. Good thing it was a big meal...for supper Im having one cup of that chili again over a mixed green salad. yummm
that chile was the best ive ever made..

1 pound of ground turkey
one onion , chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 can of mushrooms, drained
1 cup celery, chopped
Add all of the above to a frying pan,,,and simmer in water at first...let the water evaporate and then just let the naturel juices of veggies take over. When onions etc are translucent transfer to a large cooking pot.
Add:
1 large can diced tomatoes( sodium free)
1 large can tomato sauce (I used a flavoured kind..with added spices)
1 can of beans (as in pork and beans?)
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed (to get rid of salt)
Mix all these cans of stuff to the large cooking pot.
Now add your seasonings:
1 tbsp cumin
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
I also added a few shakes of mrs dash chipotle seasoning..
freshly ground black pepper, and half salt (lower sodium salt sub)

let sit and have the flavours meld together....
mmmmmmmm last night I cooked some whole wheat macaroni, drained it..put it on my plate....then topped it with some chili and sprinkled a little bit of cheese on top!!
chile mac!!!!

now the recipe i got it from said it was 164 calories per cup...but i added the beans myself so it may be a bit higher?? but shouldnt be too much since it makes quite a few servings

enjoy!1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.