Notices

100 lb club

Old 03-05-2010, 01:14 PM
FitDay Member

wow im reading your posts and thinking of what you all said...it really makes sense! Im still a pound away from the 280s and seem to sabotage myself every weekend!! This past monday I was back up to 297,,, by today I was back down to 291...now if I had worked that hard last weekend at losing I would be firmly in the 280's . I worked my butt off this week and watched everythign I put in my mouth, today I started with ...well its friday..I can eat what I want today...nope not today~ Im sticking to it this weekend!~
I CAN DO IT!!! WE CAN DO IT LADIES>>>

I just finished the last of the chili last night...I had made it into a soup for lunches...well I kind of over did it last night on the fiber..lol...TMI ahead..
I had the soup and corn on the cob (it was sooo good and had it plain) then went out and when I came home I ate a cup of blueberries..well this morning wasnt pretty and my stomach is still a little uneasy..whew...who says healthy eating is good for you??? hahaha....oh well

today I went downtown with my friend...well I went to the larger womens store I normally go to..and instead of buying some new tops and pants..I bought more workout clothes!! whodathunkit|!! loving the workouts...lately.I feel soooo good afterwards.

Have a great weekend ladies....keep on track , I will!!

come back and tell us what you did to keep on track this weekend??
Old 03-05-2010, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Hello everyone

I'm so glad all of you share so much on this forum, it is a great way for me to stay motivated. If I feel like no one understands or knows what it's like, I just come here and read and sometimes reread the posts. this week was very stressful at work and I wasn't well prepared this week foodwise. I usually only shop once a week and I had went to lunch with some girlfriends before. I had no real plan for any meals and nothing at the store looked appealing so I hardly bought anything. This week I am going with a list and have my meals thought out ahead. One thing I'm going to try is that chili. It sounded good by itself and also the chilimac. I still managed to lose two lbs this week so yea !! Good luck this weekend - I tend to do better during the week and have to get over the thinking that it's the weekend and I can splurge- then it takes me two days to lose the weight I put back on over the weekend- that can get very frustrating. Here's to all of us having a successful and healthy weekend.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:05 PM
FitDay Member

Hello ladies...
I just wanted to share a quick testimonial with you. I weighed 269 lbs at my heaviest & for the last 4 years I have maintained between 135-140 lbs.
The best advice I could give you would be not to give up & don't diet. Make doable changes you can stick with.

I have had serious health issues, as well as fibromyalgia for the last 15 years. So I have done all this without any exercising. I don't recommend this, (not exercising) because while I'm a size 6, I'm not toned & I'm still ashamed of my body.

What I did to loose the weight was giving up pop, (I drank probably 1 1/2 liters a day, hardly ate, just drank pop) & trying to drink as much water as I could. Which in the beginning was only 1-2 glasses a day - I hated water back then... *smile*... I also started to eat apples - all the time. I kept thinking, no one ever got fat eating an apple.
When I had the munchies at night, when normally I would eat a bowl of ice cream or some sort of dessert - I'd eat a couple of apples. And I would make sure I had a large supply of the yummiest apples possible ~ so I wouldn't feel deprived. (I'd also peel them because I would get a tummy ache from eating the peels.)
I'd take apples with me when we'd go to friend homes to play cards, I'd take them to my (then) mother-in-laws home, when we'd be invited for Sunday dinner. I made sure my tummy was full before I'd let myself start eating anything & that way I was able to still eat pizza & pasta & desserts, (because I would only eat a few bites & I'd be full).

When I'd plateau, I'd look at what I was eating & think to myself, what could I give up without feeling deprived... It took me about 2 1/2 years to get to 140 lbs, but I have never had to deal with worrying about gaining it back. The changes I made were lifestyle changes & I knew I could live like this for the rest of my life.
I would never describe myself as someone who has strong willpower - and I know that if I could do this - anyone can!

*warm wishes & hugs*

P.S. I'm new to this site, so I guess if it's a free account you can't upload pic's? I keep getting an error...
Old 03-06-2010, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

Lara thanks for coming and sharing your success story with us...I think I may have platued for the first time ever...and didnt realize it?|?? still not sure. Anyways,,Im charting a new course this week and staying away from fruits.and carbs .and sticking to veggies ..and lean meats and salads...I will see what happens. I do normally stick to Dr Ozs plan ...which to me isnt a diet its a way of life. Im not giving up...taking charge. Ive upped the exercise already so its not that.

Speedyfair...when I get in a rut I head for new recipes on here...or other websites. Gets teh creative juices goign again. Not sure if I can post a link to another site on here>?> does anyone know if its ok...or is it a no no. If its ok its the site i got the chili recipe from..this ladys recipes look sooooo good@@ with great pictures too!! may help you

have a great sunday everyone
Old 03-07-2010, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies,

Thanks Lara for sharing with us, I feel like you do that this has to be about a lifestyle change and not a diet. My new eating plan has to be a way of life, I'm tired of losing and gaining it all back (usually plus more). I'm learning to cook more and really enjoy it. I will have to try the apples, I was trying to stay away from alot of fruit, but apples are the most nutricious and have fiber. It is so great to have all of you to talk to and share out stories.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

I love fruit too,,,but looking back at my menus and I see i was eating alot of fruit the last couple of weeks. I was putting them down as small fruits but really they were large ..especially the oranges and bananas. So will try this for two weeks...today was a good day! Breakfast is a little difficult I dont want to eat eggs every day..but I did buy egg whites in a carton so I can just open and pour out what i need. I found a low fat blue cheese dressing made with yogurt that is fantastic!!! Supper was lean beef, salad with dressing and cooked up a bunch of green beans with garlic and onions and a few mushrooms...YUMMMYYYY.
Heres to day 2.
How was your weekend?
Old 03-07-2010, 01:28 PM
FitDay Member

Is it too late to join the 100 lb club? I started out at 244 working towards 120ish, my current weight is 200 even. I've been stuck at 200 for five days and it's starting to wear on me. At first when I started dieting I didn't really know what I should weigh, I just wanted to weigh less, a lot less. On Christmas morning we got a Wii Fit Plus, I jumped on, it called me obese, added love handles to my mini-Mii, and told me I weighed more than twice what I should. At which point it stopped being fun and instantly became work. Ugh. I really just want to be healthy and fit enough to keep up with my little angels. But I've realized in just the short time I've been doing this that a healthy mom has a huge impact on the whole family. So I'm committed to losing it for the good of my family, well and the good of me too.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Since starting Phase 2 of South Beach I started reintroducing grains into my diet and have been gaining weight even though I'm staying on track with exercise & diet. I was so proud and happy at finally being out of the 200's have been back in them until today. 199.5. I'm thinking that since I know I have problems with grains that I sabotaged myself just when I reached my first big goal. I'm eliminating grains as of today. I also want...no NEED to find a balanced way of eating for the rest of my life. It's hard not to think of eating this way as a diet, but I know it's setting me up for failure if I keep thinking this way.
HTML Code:
today I went downtown with my friend...well I went to the larger womens store I normally go to..and instead of buying some 
new tops and pants..I bought more workout clothes!! whodathunkit|!! loving the workouts...lately.I feel soooo good afterwards.
Patti, that's so cool!! I've never had any workout clothes - just use old shorts and tee shirts, does having workout clothes motivate you to exercise? I can't wait 'till I can shop in the regular clothes dept and I'm determined to get out of size 20's. I've gone from 28s and 26s down to 22-24's.
I have problems with high glycemic-high carb foods, too. Good luck this week bumping yourself off the plateau I hope you get out of the stall quickly.
HTML Code:
I'm so glad all of you share so much on this forum, it is a great way for me to stay motivated. If I feel like no one understands or knows what it's like, I just come here and read and sometimes reread the posts. this week was very stressful at work and I wasn't well prepared this week foodwise. I
Speedy, this thread really keeps me motivated as well. It's so different when you have a lot of weight to loose instead of just, say, 20 pounds or something. It's so easy to give up because the road is so long...and hard. I'm so glad that I found you ladies here, too. I'm sorry to hear that you had a stressful week. That's probably why you weren't better prepared-it takes so much time and effort to have the right foods on hand-and when there's other stuff going on it really makes it hard not to slip back into old eating habits. I'm so proud of you for staying on track and loosing 2 pounds despite the obstacles. You're doing so good!

Good for you Almeeker! And welcome aboard! I remember the first time a doc told me that I was obese, I thought he was just insulting me! I sympathize with what you said about family and Wii. It's hard, but you're committed and you'll do it!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default New to Fitday

Hi everyone,
I was so happy to find this thread since 100 lbs is exactly what I am trying to lose.
My name's Genny and I was pushed into reality March 1st at my post baby check up (baby's now 7 months old, but my appointment kept getting pushed back). Before I was pregnant with my son (my 4th child), I was at 190 lbs and I ended up getting up to 220 while I was pregnant. 2 months after he was born I had lost 50 lbs. Unfortunately I didn't work on it to lose more. So, when I had my check up, I was so upset to see that I now weighed 227 lbs That's the highest I've ever weighed and at 5' 1", that's morbidly obese.
That's when I decided "That's it, I've had enough!!" I decided not to go on a diet, but instead to just be healthy. That means eating healthy foods, sticking to my calorie portion control figured out at dietitian.com
I figured if I can stick to eating healthy for 1 month, then I'll begin exercising regularly. I just want to take one step at a time.
I don't know if I've lost any weight this last week (our scales broken LOL), but I do know that I feel better.

I look forward to watching everyone achieve their goals
Old 03-08-2010, 11:10 PM
FitDay Member

Default Welcome new friends

It's so nice to hear from everyone and know that I'm not struggling alone. Yesterday was a very hard day- had a relationship end and am determined not to let that stop me from reaching my goals. I'm so glad I have all of you to talk to and that will help me stay on track.

almeeker- I have a Wii too that I got for Christmas. I had a BMI of 43+ and have been steadily working to get in under 40- finally hit 39.93. I really enjoy a yoga and exericise routine I set up and try to at least do that everyday. It may not be the most strenuous, but I enjoy it and then its something I will do without feeling like -Ugh it's time to exercise. I actually look forward to the streaching as I sit all day at work.

genny- congrats on the new baby and know that being healthy is one of the best gifts you can give to your family.

Thanks everyone for all the support, small steps can and will allow me to reach my goals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.