Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/18/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/18/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/18/11

Old 04-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Default wooo whoooo

Y'all are doing good. Keep it up!

I'm standing on the side line cheering y'all on!!!

Wait... where are my pom-pom's?
Old 04-20-2011, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report Card

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600, 50 push-ups for days I'm over. 1,538 1,892-50 push-ups, 1,565
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y, Y, Y
3. Exercise 6 hours. 60 min, 62 min, 12 min (total 2:14)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. -934, -689, -604 (total -2,227)
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher. (53c/25p), (51c/24p), (47c/26p) struggling with these ratios, need to go grocery shopping.
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. Y, Y, Y

Non-Fitness Goals:

7. Get DD practicing for State finals (with or without nagging). Y, Y, Y
8. Sign up for Summerfest Race. No, just found out I'll be at a family wedding that day, so it's a complete no go.
9. Call the autobody place and set up appointment. N, N, N
10. Call the eye doctor and read her the riot act. Y
11. Smile more, bitch less and (stealing from Crimpet) 10 push-ups for infractions. 20 push-ups, YES, YES
12. Clean out pantry area in basement. Some, NO, YES
13. Order more parts for elliptical (I'm starting to call that thing "the money pit"). N, N, N
14. Housework:
Monday bathrooms, laundry
Tuesday kitchen, stairwell, hall, laundry
Wednesday living room, bedroom, laundry
Thursday dining room, bedroom, laundry
Friday den, master bedroom, laundry
Saturday, closet, porch, laundry
Sunday, basement, cupboard, laundry

Stayed in most of the day and got caught up on some of the housework around here. Then our youngest DD had a soccer game at 6:00pm, it was like 33 deg F and windy out there, and man was I freezing my butt off. Next soccer game I'm taking my sleeping bag and wearing my snow pants, and just you wait it will be 80 and I'll get a sun burn. Last night was rough, we had a terrible storm which went on and on, all three kids were up at various times and got me up out of bed with tears and fears etc. This morning when I mentioned it, DH said "Storm, what storm?". Argh.... It's not fair I tell you. So I'm reporting now, then it's upstairs to hear DD rehearse, after that I'm planning on a short coma.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

How awesome is your daughter, JJ?! That's a wonderful story. Tell her she's got a fan club building here.

Quinn, hope your daughter's interview went well and that you were able to get your head back together. I hear duct tape and superglue work wonders.

All you ladies posting today are doing really well. Thanks for reliably coming back here and motivating me. Thanks for the rah, rah, also, Mike . Hope you are doing ok.

I'm truly beat tonight. Quick check in, then I'm crashing.

1. Maintain at least a 250 cal. deficit to get the last 1 1/2 pounds off. Again. 258, but it wasn't easy! 247 (on average, I'm still ok!), 157, gve in to late night snack when hubby had the pretzels out
2. Weights three times this week instead of two. One down
3. Sleep 7 hours (at least). I keep trying to go 7/7 on this one. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Balance the pie chart. Yes (fair), Yes, Yes
5. Drink 2-3 sports bottles of water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Pay attention to posture (I'm a slacker on this). A bit, No-forgot, Forgot again!

7. Put annuals in front flower beds by end of weekend. Not yet
8. Re-do Spring Break at-home pedicure...bright turquoise is not tremendously professional at my age. Done
9. Plan Easter basket with a balance between healthy and treats. Vague thoughts in this direction
10. Try two new recipes this week. Yes- Stir-fry shrimp and walnuts; it was really good, new applesauce recipe, but not counting it since it was just a side dish, Yes-chicken and cashew stir-fry (what is it with me and stir-fry this week?
11. Plan mini-trip. Again, more thoughts in this direction. I looked up restaurants, lol!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 04-20-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator

Julia: Those talks do sound interesting, by the way! I started in Marine Bio before I switched to neuroscience (quite a switch!) Wetland ecology is awesome, I'm jealous of you!

quinn: LOL about the bread from your mother! That's so funny. My grandmother, who is the same age (85) will do pretty much the same thing, except she insists on making me a sandwich "the moment we sit down!" I can't believe I missed all these stories earlier...sheesh... I hope things went well for your daughter!

jj: Add me to the list of people aww'ing at your daughter. How wonderfully thoughtful. I'd have eaten it too, what else can you do? Some things are way more important than your calorie count.

Mike: You could put a pom-pom on the end of your pimp cane? Thanks for the cheers, and congrats on your sales this week!

Wednesday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit by the end of the week M: -924 T: -654 W: -1,752 (Week Total: -3,330)
2) Do not take off two days in a row from exercising. M: Roughly 30 minutes weights, 15 minutes non-HIIT cardio (stationary bike) T: Day off W: One hour HIIT cardio (elliptical)
3) Achieve a 30% protein average for the week M: 20% T: 32% W: 29% (Weekly average: 27%)
4) Carbs at or below 50% average for the week M: 53% T: 37% W: 43% (Weekly average: 44%)
5) Protein powder after every workout in a smoothie M: No T: N/A W: out of fruit! Had powder + milk (ew)
6) At least 96 oz. water daily M: Yes T: yes W: yes
7) Report here each and every day - that includes weekends! M: Yes (following morning) T: yes W: yes (following morning)

Other Life Stuff:
1) Easter cards out by Wednesday!!!!! M: No T: No W: Crap, I forgot! I'll have to get them out tonight and pray...
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Minimal... T: Yes, but no makeup W: Yes
3) Work on my embroidery for at least five hours M: No T: No W: No
4) Don't worry, be happy! M: Yes T: Yes W: Totally

I had been a bit ticked at BF yesterday due to a conversation we had about my weight goals -- I hadn't really told him what was the matter (I came here to vent) but was planning on it after gym and dinner, when he was more likely to listen (full stomachs do that...). I think he got the vibes though, because I got about 5 compliments yesterday from him, ranging from the oh-so-smooth "Your butt looks smaller" to the slightly more romantic "Have I told you how beautiful you look today?" I ended up not having the talk with him at all, because I sense that he realized that he got me down a little bit and was doing his best to make up for it. Most of the time, when I think he gets it, I figure the talk is just not worth it and would beat a dead horse.

If it comes up again, we'll talk. For now, I feel great! Had a really good workout yesterday on the elliptical, and I'm fairly certain that next time I'll up it another level, since while I was working hard, I never had that "oh **&%^ I hate this" moment that lets me know I'm pushing my limits

Happy Thursday everyone!

~Terri
Old 04-21-2011, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Boy, I give all you ladies credit who are doing so well on your goals this week! Great job! I'm just off for some reason. I guess I'm trying to juggle 10 balls at once and not doing very well with any of them. I think this is the first time I've been able to sit down with a cup of coffee all week. I was up doing emergency mending and ironing at 11:30 last night. I'll be so glad when the school year is over!

Wednesday:

Food and Fitness Goals:

* 1200-1400 calories per day. Y, Not sure- no time to log. I seriously can't remember what I ate.
* Multivitamin daily. Y, Y, Y
* Floss Daily. Y, Y, Y
* Joseph's Lavash Wraps instead of bread. Y, N, Y
* Walk as weather permits. No time. Walked ALL day. N
* 3-4 fruits and veggies per day. N, N, N
* No cheese, bread or cereal. N, one granola bar. N, force-fed mass quantities of bread in a car by a crazy old woman. N

Personal Goals:

* Figure out an Easter Brunch menu. Kind of. Yes.
* Prom dress fitted and beaded by Friday... no excuses. Fitted, not beaded.
* Clean office closet. No time. No time. No time.
* Do something kind while smiling and bitch less. Y, Y, Y
* "Just say no" rule. If someone asks me to do something that they should handle on their own, just say no... and mean it. No, didn't come up. Spent the entire day doing things for others, but they needed the help. Ditto.

Last edited by quinnesec; 04-21-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker,

I sat through 21 years of soccer games with my two kids. In our area, you are assigned first season or second season. I always hated first season for the reasons you described. I remember one game where the kids actually played in a near blizzard.

Second season, the field was usually 100 degrees with no shade. lol

Daughter's miffed because we made her get a job to help with college expenses instead of playing this summer. Oh well... she'll appreciate it when she has spending money at school.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

quinn, did you give up on smiling more and bitching less?
Old 04-21-2011, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,

Nope. It's right there, 4th down on my personal goals. I added a step, though. Smile more, bitch less and do a random act of kindness all at once! Pretty coordinated, huh?

That's about the only goal I've achieved this week! lol
Old 04-21-2011, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, I think you have a great perspective on the issue with your BF. I'm glad he seems to have tuned into it. Maybe he just jumped on the bandwagon with your dad and realized it afterward?

Had a rough start today; had to make a school run early, pushed for time to get to work, so what else was there to do but shove in not one but two granola bars...I had so many other options and chose none of them . Regrouping with a healthy lunch and I'm glad to say I got out of the office, to which someone had brought Ice Cream Shoppe and Gingerbread Pop Tarts, Tastykakes, and (go figure) Fit & Active Popcorn. Oh, and the ever-present candy dish, fully stocked with Easter crap.

Hope you all have a great day; give it the good fight, everyone
Old 04-21-2011, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

On the run due to childcare duty for my grandkids' two days of spring break. Makes me feel really out of step with the rest of you, but I'll catch up later this afternoon or tonight.

Wednesday report:

Calorie limit 1600 1544, 1476, 1599 (that was close )
Calorie deficit (including exercise) 1037 per day 1109, 1220, 1097
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 26.3, 20.3, 23.8
Protein goal 120g 130.2, 120.3, 117.7

Artificial sweetener limit one packet per day 0, 0, 0
Sugar free candy limit one piece per day 0, 0. 1
More healthful evening snack to satisfy sweet tooth ricotta cheese with cinnamon, a square of unsweetened baking chocolate (I already knew I like that), swiss cheese

Water goal 64 oz. YES YES, YES

Work up to 30 minutes of Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies workout video. 24 minutes, 30 minutes. 30 minutes

Last edited by Mern; 04-21-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.