Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/18/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/18/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/18/11

Old 04-20-2011, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker,

Actually, my relaxing night that I had planned after my hellishly busy day turned out to be a mere pipe dream. As soon as that glass of wine was poured, my daughter came in with the news that she had just been hired for a job that she applied for and would need new black shoes, black pants and dressy tops- for tomorrow! (Can you hear me crying from there?)

After fighting and screaming in the fitting rooms of several dozen stores for hours, and $100 later, she isn't sure about the job today..... (yes, that noise was my head exploding...)

I got around to opening my mail at 11pm and found a jury selection notice... again...

It's 8am and my nearly full glass of wine is still on the kitchen counter... Think it's still good? It must be 5:00 somewhere!
Old 04-20-2011, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, hope you get some time to yourself today. What an unfortunate turn of events . Evil dressing room vibes are apparently still present.

What IS it with you and the jury duty? Is your area just not that populated that they're repeating already? Yeesh!

Long day at the jail today. I packed a lunch; hopefully I'll have time to eat it. Once I get home, it's rush rush rush through dinner, boy stuff, and more work. Somewhere in there I've got to squeeze in some exercise.

Of course, if a tornado comes through and levels everything, all bets are off. It's looking pretty ominous out there.

Have a wonderful day, all!
Old 04-20-2011, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie,

Apparently, you're selected for jury, randomly, by drivers license number. I keep telling them that I am the sole caregiver of an elderly parent who does not drive and cannot do for herself. If you don't serve the year before, your name is automatically on the list again. So, I have to start the whole paperwork thing all over again. I'm really tired of it.

Good luck at the jail today... watch out for those nasty toilets... lol

Our storm turned out to be a dud... thank God. Hope yours does the same.

Tuesday:

Food and Fitness Goals:

* 1200-1400 calories per day. Y, Not sure- no time to log.
* Multivitamin daily. Y, Y
* Floss Daily. Y, Y
* Joseph's Lavash Wraps instead of bread. Y, N
* Walk as weather permits. No time. Walked ALL day.
* 3-4 fruits and veggies per day. N, N
* No cheese, bread or cereal. N, one granola bar. N, force-fed mass quantities of bread in a car by a crazy old woman.

Personal Goals:

* Figure out an Easter Brunch menu. Kind of. Yes.
* Prom dress fitted and beaded by Friday... no excuses. Fitted, not beaded.
* Clean office closet. No time. No time.
* Do something kind while smiling and bitch less. Y, Y
* "Just say no" rule. If someone asks me to do something that they should handle on their own, just say no... and mean it. No, didn't come up. Spent the entire day doing things for others, but they needed the help.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
almeeker,

Actually, my relaxing night that I had planned after my hellishly busy day turned out to be a mere pipe dream. As soon as that glass of wine was poured, my daughter came in with the news that she had just been hired for a job that she applied for and would need new black shoes, black pants and dressy tops- for tomorrow! (Can you hear me crying from there?)

After fighting and screaming in the fitting rooms of several dozen stores for hours, and $100 later, she isn't sure about the job today..... (yes, that noise was my head exploding...)

I got around to opening my mail at 11pm and found a jury selection notice... again...

It's 8am and my nearly full glass of wine is still on the kitchen counter... Think it's still good? It must be 5:00 somewhere!
I'm so sorry quinn, that's motherhood in a nutshell for you. Maybe next time you just hand her the credit card and say "good luck honey". That might get expensive, but it would be much gentler on your already exploded head. She sounds like a larger version of my middle child. Can I tell you how many hours it took her to find just the right First Communion dress? She tried on every single one available in 2 cities, so two shopping trips and 2 tanks of gas later, she selected the very first dress she tried on. OY!

I can't say on the wine being still good enough to drink, when I have leftover wine, I usually make pasta sauce, marinade or gravy with it. You could give it a try and if it's a little off make sangria.

I have been called for jury duty exactly once. So I arrived down at the courthouse the day of jury selection. It was a rape case, and I was not happy to be there, and had been trying for a week to get out of it. When they questioned me about my feelings regarding rape I said that I would automatically vote "guilty" no matter what, because if there is even the slightest possibility of guilt, why take the chance? I've never been called again. But I live in a city with a big enough population and lots of retirees that happen to like jury duty. My dad goes all the time, it drives my mother nuts.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-20-2011 at 01:59 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report

Calorie limit 1600 1544, 1476
Calorie deficit 1037 per day 1109, 1220
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 26.3, 20.3
Protein goal 120g 130.2, 120.3

Artificial sweetener limit one packet per day 0, 0
Sugar free candy limit one piece per day 0, 0
More healthful evening snack to satisfy sweet tooth ricotta cheese with cinnamon, a square of unsweetened baking chocolate (I already knew I like that)

Water goal 64 oz. YES YES

Work up to 30 minutes of Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies workout video. 24 minutes, 30 minutes

Last edited by Mern; 04-20-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

hi guys,

i almost always eat oat bran for breakfast that I add milk to and just eat raw, but I ran out of milk on Monday and haven't gotten to the store yet, so I ate eggs. It was nice to change things up, but oat bran wins in my head!

Last night, after eating my lunch of 3 pizza slices, I had a very healthy dinner of sauteed kale in olive oil and lemon juice, and some deli sliced roast beef. (I didnt get home till 8 so I didn't want to take time to cook meat, so I ate lunch meat.)

Today at lunch I'm eating roasted veggies and lettuce with a roasted chicken thigh w/ asian vinegar and a bit of EVOO. yum! Also a yogurt and fruit, and more veggies. Hopefully I won't be hungry. I've got a stash of almonds and sunflower seeds for emergency hunger.

I'm tired AGAIN and I feel like I need to get the ball moving a bunch of projects, so hopefully I'll get a wave of energy and knock down some of my to-do list.

almeeker, yes, I could take the charge of organizing the food. at the moment the secretary takes care of it. I definitely don't want to take on any additional, however minor, responsibility for these lunches so I guess I should stop criticizing or just not worry about my pizza habit. I miss SkinnyErinn's posts! I remember them very well, she was really funny and raw. I hope she is doing okay, I felt like she was dieting in a bit of an extreme manner and she had limited support, maybe that prevented her from continuing?

I have seen people eat only the toppings, it's a bit disgusting to watch but it would cut down on the refined carbs. My aunt doesn't eat the doughy part of pizza, she claims that she doesn't like to eat the dough, then drink water, and then feel the dough expanding in her stomach. I think she is insane (for many reasons). She is a stick though--although that might be due to her smoking and alcohol addiction.

Last edited by blackrhino2; 04-20-2011 at 03:50 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

almeeker: That sounds like a heck of a day! I'm tired just reading it. You're not weak at all - GS cookies are crack! I feel really lucky on the cravings lately. Sometimes I have a passing thought of 'mmm, pasta' but for whatever reason my body is being quiet and just accepting what I feed it without too much of a fuss. I'm certain it'll rev up again after whatever dormant stage it's in. I'm just a weirdo

The medical system IS broken from top to bottom - medical insurance (sorry Mike), legal, pharmaceuticals, high malpractice insurance and too many administrators focused on dollar signs rather than patients...the list goes on and on. I'm still learning about some rights that I have - I think that since I tend to be a bit of a doormat, I often don't care if I get pushed around a little (my own fault), but if ones I love are being pushed around, HO no. It's a sad thing that doctors and other medical staff often need to hear the word "sue" to get them to back off.

quinn: Aaaaah! They always wait until AFTER the wine has been poured and you've been dreaming of relaxing... I hope you can put your head back together today, turn the clock around and enjoy your wine (sans jury duty! You sound like BF - he's gotten four notices since we've moved in together, and I've gotten not-a-one.) I agree with Cassie - I think dressing rooms are just evil places. Perhaps they are all built over old burial grounds or something.

Mern: Look at all that green on your goals! Kick it!!

Julia: I feel you on the pizza. It's always the go-to for lunches of any sort (well, that or bad deli sandwiches...). I have weekly pizza at lab meetings, and there's always free pizza lurking around from faculty interviews, grad student lunches, and undergrad sessions. They use the food to lure people in and then lock the doors! I've found that I try not to eat the crust. It gets less funny looks than picking off the toppings/cheese and I still feel okay about having a slice or two. It's hard to really avoid pizza, I like your take on it, to just decide NOT to feel bad about it and accept it as part of your lifestyle for the moment. Just roll with the punch, incorporate it in, and move on. There are things much worse for you than a slice of pizza.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

jjeand, that was so supportive of your daughter to keep the nutrition info nearby for you! what a thoughtful kid! i would have done the same thing too, eaten the 2nd dinner rather than disappointing your daughter. Oh well, life moves on! atleast it wasn't a binge

you were very controlled w/ just one cinn roll! congrats!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:05 AM
FitDay Member

Would have done the same too!! Would have been tough to see the disappointment on her face if you would have said you ate already...Wonderful daughter you have.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjeand
Yesterday was going so well, super clean food choices, work done, ortho appt on time, decided to splurge on a cinamon roll. I knew it would put me a little over (about 100 cals) but my food was so clean it wouldn't really dent it much. Then I got home. My sweet loving middle daughter made dinner. Had it ready to go on the table when I walked in. I didn't have the heart to tell her I'd already eaten. So I ate again. Cheese tortelini with crescent rolls. She had wine glasses out for everyone - milk in one, strawberry milk in another, oj in hers, and my bottle of sangria next to mine. She had out measuring cups for me to serve myself with and even cut out the nutritional info off the food and left it next to my computer so I could log it. Well I guess I know EXACTLY how much I went over this way . But it was yummy!
How sweet is she? Oh, I love that kid of yours already. Do you think she would come hang out with mine and maybe rub some good influence off on them? I would have done the same thing and eaten a second time. Going over your calories is one thing, gone and done in a day or two, getting rejected by your mom can last a lifetime. Just think of all that she's learned from you and what she's gotten from watching the process you're going through. You did the right thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.