Notices

Restart: 5-15lb club

Old 03-25-2011, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lastri
I love to eat out, but they contain so much of the bad stuff and I don't have the willpower to controll myself.
So sad.
Mai
Hi Mai, we don't get to go out to eat that much that it really feels like a treat so I feel like if I get to go, and am spending the $$, that I want to enjoy my meal. That means eating the yummy, and not so healthy, stuff.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones

Have any of you tried Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones? If so, what did you think? I have done it twice now. I am able to complete the entire workout although my form fades on some moves towards the end. Not to the point of causing injury but my straight over the head arms get lower and lower towards the end I have read a lot of reviews where people cannot get through the workout or are super sore afterwards. I am moderately sore. It felt like a good workout at the time but time will tell.

I did the 30 Day Shred for just over 20 days until my knees couldn't take any more. This one doesn't have the high impact jumping moves so I think it will be better for me.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:15 AM
FitDay Member

That's another thing that stalls my weight loss. I have health issues that prevent me from working out at any kind of challenging level. What other people might call a warm up can land me in bed for three days afterwards. I'm hoping that now that the weather will warm up I can go do some moderate walks, even have to be careful with those.

I wish I could do the Shred or No More Trouble Zones! But half the time I feel like someone already put me through the shredder!!!! But I have to count my blessings for what I can do, right?

As far as eating out, danger Will Robinson for me. And my father-in-law is coming this weekend and he ONLY likes to eat out. Oh the sacrifices we make...LOL
Old 03-25-2011, 06:58 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hello again everyone. .

Yes, this makes for much easier posting . I can relate to what some people are saying about it seems like you've been trying to lose the same amount of weight forever. I have the Jillian Michaels cds. .I tried them out for some time, but I found something else that seems to be working. I bought the Women's Health Big Book of exercises. It's a well organized book that even has 14 workout programs you follow. . I've been doing the "Skinny Jeans" workout for a week, and it really feels like it's working. (I've lost 2 pounds so far) I'm actually really motivated once again to work out because of this. I want to see what's in store at the gym. Reading a couple of the book reviews, some posters said they were able to lose 20 lbs in three months using some of the programs listed in the book. So, between this website, and that book, I'd like to see what happens in a month, and then obviously four months.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by canary52
That's another thing that stalls my weight loss. I have health issues that prevent me from working out at any kind of challenging level. What other people might call a warm up can land me in bed for three days afterwards. I'm hoping that now that the weather will warm up I can go do some moderate walks, even have to be careful with those.

I wish I could do the Shred or No More Trouble Zones! But half the time I feel like someone already put me through the shredder!!!! But I have to count my blessings for what I can do, right?

As far as eating out, danger Will Robinson for me. And my father-in-law is coming this weekend and he ONLY likes to eat out. Oh the sacrifices we make...LOL
Good luck with the FIL, Canary! I hope that if he insists on eating out he is at least footing the bill. Boy, I wish I could send you a magic pill to help with your health issues. It must be very frustrating to not be able to do the things you both need and want to do. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Welcome back outdrsgrl, WOW good work girl! keep it up. You'll be in the bikini before you know it. (Don't know it that is really a goal for you - I'm a bit old for a bikini myself, but I do dream about it sometimes.)

Pam
Old 03-26-2011, 03:22 PM
FitDay Member

Pam, Happy aniversary!! 25 years aniversary won’t come around twice. So Enjoy it.
Anderson02, I couldn’t do the 30 shred. Seem very hard for me. I don’t really mind about the high impact but the push up and burpbee, plank just killing my upper body.
Canary 52, It’s hard that you have a limited of what you can do physically. I am thinking of you. I hope the weather getting better so you can walk, walking is nice, I like to walk sometimes.
Bikini, Yeah, I am working toward that bikini body. Actually, I never had bikini before, it might have felt too cold for me to wear it even in 110 degree. But I want to try this Jun, 120 pound will do, 115 will be better (10-15 pound). Gosh, It’s hard.
Mai
Old 03-26-2011, 11:21 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Ladies,

I know that we are checking our "Weight" -- but are we checking our "Waist Measurements" also?

From personal experience, I have noticed that when I am down around the so-called "ideal" weight, it is hard to tell -- just by the scale -- whether I am making progress or not...

But the TAPE MEASURER never lies.

A good suggestion is to continue monitoring the scale weight -- yes, that is important -- but perhaps more important is to watch BODY FAT composition -- and the most accurate way to monitor BODY FAT composition cheaply at home is to check and record your "umbilical" waist measurement.

Umbilical Waist = around the navel. So, this is not your narrowest waist measurement, but instead, it is the measurement right taken around the navel -- this is your widest waist measurment.

Years ago, I had gotten way out of shape -- but it looked on the scale as if I had only gained 4 or 5 lbs or so... but NONE of my clothes fit. Why was this after only a small weight gain, I wondered.

Well, what had acutally happened was that I had quit exercising regularly over a few years and I had slowly lost muscle mass (about 4 lbs of muscle) and at the same time gained 9 lbs of fat.

So while on the scale it looked like I had gained only 5 lbs, in reality, I had gained 9 lbs of FAT and lost 4 lbs of MUSCLE. But the SCALE only showed a net gain of 5 lbs.

In reality, I was much FATTER than I thought I was, judging from the SCALE.

Frustrated, I sought help from a trainer. He had me not only doing cardio, but a lot of strength training (free weights, machines, resistance bands, etc.) and over a 2 year period, I slowly gained back muscle. I gained back about 5 lbs of muscle and lost about 10 lbs of fat and got to look really really lean.

But the SCALE only showed a loss of about 4 or 5 pounds.

So I was making a lot of progress -- but the SCALE didn't show the change in body composition.

However -- throughout this time, I monitored my waist measurement and the TAPE MEASURER showed a loss of 4 or 5 inches, during this time! My whole body got a lot leaner. I never got "big" muscles, but the definition and tone was fantastic and I was able to fit into much smaller sizes of clothing -- much smaller size jeans!

At the same time, throughout this period of time, I had my BODYFAT measured "hydrostatically" -- underwater by a professional health systems company. That's how I knew for sure that I was "adding" denser heavier muscle - and not just kidding myself.

What REALLY told the tale was the BODYFAT change. And during this time my WAIST MEASUREMENT showed a dramatic change, too!

So what I am trying to say, is that if the scale doesn't budge but you are exercising intensely you may be making a lot of slow progress by gaining some muscle and getting slimmer -- but the results may not show up on the scale.

That is why you should always check your Waist Measurement. It may explain why you don't see much of a weight loss on the SCALE.

So if my waist measurement goes down and I am exercising hard -- I don't mind if I don't see a big change on the SCALE.

Make sense?
Old 03-28-2011, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Juliet,

I thought about getting a scale to measure BF%. I am doing more strength training than before so wonder if my BF% is changing even though the numbers on the scale area not.

Hi everyone else,

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a few more beers and less than healthy food than I should have but this is a new week. I keep saying if I could get through one or two weekends I would show progress but that's my weak area.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

I didn't do any work out last week at all. Though I track my food very strictly. The weekend, I didn't go crazy either. I lost 0.8 pound this morning. so I am happy about that.
Another good news, I went to costco and bought a pair of Jeans (calvin Klein, $25.99), and size 4 fit me just right. So I am very excited.
I plan to work out at least 30 minutes everyday this week. I have only 10 weeks to lose 13.2 pounds.

Starting weight: 142
Current weight: 128.2
Goal (Jun 4): 115
Old 03-28-2011, 05:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Wow, Mai! congrats on the size 4 jeans!

I can totally relate. I have never been a size 4 in my adult life, but now that I am, I have to stop myself from buying clothes just because the label says "petite 4" .

Juliet - great suggestions on the belly botton belly measurement...OK officially: Umbilical Waist . I think the whole "ideal weight" thing is why some of us are in the predicament we are as older women. I was never at what was considered an "ideal weight" in my teens, yet I was quite fit, and when I see photos of myself, perfectly proportioned. I am a pretty average built for 5'4", but I have always been well muscled. Since I could never seem to get down to 115 or so that seemed to be correct for my height, I gave up after a while. It would have been so much better if I had be aware of a better metric, more appropriate to my build.

Happy Monday all, let it be the best week yet!

Pam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.