Notices

Restart: 5-15lb club

Old 07-22-2011, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Pam,
Thanks for your encouragement. I know I should (and I will) get back on track. And I should get back quick.
My back ground?
When I was little, I was on the high end of the IBM. Then I grew to love food. When I moved here, I like to explore and try all kind of cuisine. and I love to cook very much. That doesn't help.
I moved here and miss my Vietnamese food very much. We have a big Vietnamese community. I can find almost everything I need. But I actually avoid to go to Vietnamese market b/c I always buy a lot of food (more than 100 dollar worth of food) and eat and eat until it's gone. When I want to lose weight, I don't go anywhere near that area.

So here I am, in Vietnam, my favorite food is everywhere. And i don't go to Vietnam that often. So I didn't really try to diet. It's also quite odd that. Last time I was there for 8 weeks ( I was pregnant and required to gain 8 pounds) and gain only 6 pounds. This time I was there for 4 weeks and ( don't want to gain more than 5 pounds) gain 8 pounds. Much more than I expected.
More and more I think I get some kind of eating disorder.

Mai

Last edited by lastri; 07-22-2011 at 04:30 AM. Reason: add more
Old 07-22-2011, 05:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default last 10lbs is it possible??

Hi everyone...this thread is great, just what i need to keep me going. I too have 10lbs to lose and have been stuck at 115 since juneof last year. I just started my diet and exericse back up in the last week of june and the scale hasn't moved in my favor. my goal is to be at 105lbs...i am 4'11 and 35yrs old with 3 kids, the youngest just 26mths old. i started the dukan diet 12 days ago and inspite of what it promises my numbers have stayed the same. I totally agree that our measurement is a better way to follow progress, even though i havn't lost weight my body is changing and getting leaner with the cardio and strenght training that i am doing. it would be nice to see the numbers go down but it would be better to see by belly shrink. i love seeing everyones progress, it gives me great motivation!

Mai- i am from Laos and i too love to eat rice every day...but this diet doesn't allow any starches or carbs so no rice it is. Keep up the great work everyone, it's great to know that i am not alone. we will win the great belly war!
Old 07-24-2011, 11:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default update..

i went to back the the attack phase of the dukan diet for 2 days and this morning weighed in at 144.04! my lowest since having my little girl 2 yrs ago!!!! i am supper excited, hopefully i can keep losing. The odd thing is normanlly i work out everyday and yesterday i took a day off....maybe my body just needed a break. i did cheat today and allowed myself half a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that i dd wouldnt eat, hopefully if i keep within my calories that little bit of starch and sugar won't push me back up. i will keep give an update in the a.m.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi soutsamone,
Welcome and big congrats on the new weight.

I workout quite a bit, weights, running, yoga, and various other outdoor activities. I have found that I always retain a pound or 2 of water the day after a hard workout. It is due to the small amount of inflammation caused by exhausted muscles, and it is part of the repair and build cycle. So if I want my "real" weight taking a day off - as you did - is best.

And yes, the last 10lb are very possible . Just takes a little longer than the first 10lbs.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:34 PM
FitDay Member

Default no change

pam, thanks for the confirmation. i think you posted something earlier on this thread about retaining fluids after non stop workouts, i took the day off based on that post and it worked! well much to my surprise after my cheating last night i still maintained the same numbers, so needless to say i am stoked. tomorrow i am spending the day in orlando taking yet another break from my normal workout routine(maybe)...i might try to get a run in at the hotel gym if i can. i love reading everyone's journey on this forum, thank you everyone.

sue
Old 07-28-2011, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

soutsamone,

You doing great. I did Atkin induction for a week, and I was find with it. I slipped from my vacation and now 4 weeks later, I still can't get back. I don't know why. I try every morning and fail.
Best of luck for you and keep us posted.
Mai