Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011

Old 03-22-2011, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

Karen ~ my heart goes out to you ((hugs))

Rose ~ that is horrible about the sinus cold. you are sure not having a good time of it are you? so glad to hear that your little fur baby is doing better.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
almeeker: I'm really curious about your no-grain resolution for the week and to see how it comes out, I've often wondered if those grain-based things are more sneaky than other carbs, too.
Our household was GF for 4 years. Our oldest was allergic to wheat and pretty much anything that could be used in place of wheat, like spelt, oats, barley, etc. And it seemed to me that I lost weight without really giving it any effort, whenever we ran out of snacks or fruit I would drop 2-3 pounds almost instantly. Besides it's either that or cut back my calories by 200-300 to get past this plateau, and I think I've proven to myself that fewer calories is the path of spiraling out-of-control, sucking vortex of disaster for me. And just to give you a quick update, I was up on the scale Monday morning (I drank beer and let myself have extra carbs over the weekend knowing that I was going grain-free on Monday). This morning I was 3 pounds lighter than yesterday even though I was over 1,500 calories, so even after a high calorie weekend and an over budget Monday, I'm now back down to what I weighed on Friday morning. So at the very least, it's a good kick start for the week. I'm considering making every Monday grain-free, maybe Monday+Tuesday for really bad weekends/holidays.

Congratulations Auntie hoda!!! Being an auntie is great fun, I have 5 nephews and 1 niece and I love every last one of them as if they were my own.

Last edited by almeeker; 03-22-2011 at 05:04 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

1. 64rhoda, Congratulation, Keep up the good work.
2. Having a new baby is always excited. Even if he/she born on your birthday, it's an honor. And you will have double celebration.
I have a birthday the same day with my aunt, and it's always fun. She and I never forget each other birthday. LOL
Mai
Old 03-22-2011, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Last night I went to a kindergarten orientation meeting and already register for my daughter. She will go to Kindergarten this year. So excited and so worry. I don't know if she can make it. She has never been in any kind of school, and extrembly shy. I hope she doing Ok.
Mai
Old 03-22-2011, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I am trying to go on low carb too. But today I am craving for banana, I ate 1 1/2 banana. That throw me of the chart (40g carb, can you belive it) what am I thinking?
mai
Old 03-22-2011, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

rhoda ~ that is so exciting for your sister & your family. i'm sure everything will go fine.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Rhoda...congrats on the new niece or nephew! They are wonderful!

Last night my husband and I took the first step (of quite a few) towards becoming foster parents. We have two boys of our own who are 12 & 13 but have always wanted a little girl too. We now cannot have another of our own due to a poorly placed IUC so we figure why not help out some of the kids in the world who need a loving home for a day, week, month or year? It is going to be quite an emotional journey as I sat & cried through class last night just watching the videos they show of some triumph stories.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

erinmrystrom, welcome! Great goals. Wishing you much success this week.

Rhoda, best wishes on the upcomming addition to your family. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness with your niece or nephew.

April, this is such an active thread. I don't work outside the home and my husband and I are retired, I don't have little ones around every day, and I still find it extremely difficult to keep up with all the posts. We're just glad you're here. Golly, I LOVE Chinese food, but it totally screws up my eating goals as well. Aw, great that you have dogs, too. We enjoy "meeting" each other's pets.

Karen, so sorry you lost your father. He is indeed in a better place. Good for you for forcusing on remembering all the good times. Big hug to ya!

Stacey, wishing you better achievement today than Monday's "nopes." It's not always easy to meet the goals. Good job on the cardio. Walking to work in the snow has to give you a good workout as well. Oh, Lordy, I can't even begin to imagine hip replacement. So sorry that's definitely in your future, but think of what it would have been like many years ago before there even was such a thing possible--yup, wheelchair bound. Sorry for bragging 'bout the shorts weather here. Today is mediocre, tomorrow through the 30th is temps back in the 40s. Boooooo!!!! Great about your strength training being short but effective. Thanks for your kudos about my eating on plan at the restaurant. I love breakfast for dinner, but never did cereal and pretzels. LOL

I've never had a waitstaff person take offense when I tell them or they notice I brought my own salad dressing--or sometimes a low carb, high fiber tortilla to substitute for sandwich bread. Never took my own chicken, though--but I have taken slices of tomato to a franchise Perkins restaurant that refuses to substitute anything, even for dietary restrictions or medical conditions. You just pay full price when you tell them you can't have the potatoes. Might not want to tote stuff to a fine dining restaurant, but for casual it works just fine.

Almeeker, when we are so busy it's difficult to remember to log everything into our food trackers. I did that last week, as did Mike, and we went over in our calories or carbs by that one food we forgot to log. Kudos on your accomplishments Monday and good luck with the grain avoidance. I'm interested in how that turns out as far as cravings go. Wow, more carbs on the weekend made you scale go down on Monday, huh? May be along the path of Mike's Monday cheats? Wish I could do that, but truly, it's great that we're all individuals and can tweak our eating plans to suit our own bodies. Sometimes I'd give my first born for a large, hot yeast roll or a hot bagel, but it looks like I'm stuck with her. LOL Just kidding, she's a great daughter, great mother, great person.

rubypeanut, hang in there, sweetie. I hope you will be finding many more silver linings soon.

Mike, your dogs are so cute! LOL That 1000 pushups is for the week, right? I couldn't even do six, much less 166! Congrats on that! Good job on your cheat day!

Cassie, I'm so glad your glaucoma was correctible! Did you have pain or discomfort after the surgery? Fortunately, my open angle glaucoma is stabilized with drops and I still have minimal central vision loss and great peripheral vision. So I count my blessings. Great start on your weekly goals. 6.5 hours sleep is close--glad you got that much.

Cassie and bhaze. Thanks--Cracker Barrel restaurant chain has a good selection of stuff I can eat.

bhaze, congrats on the Plyometrics workout. I saw a video of that online and it looked really hard. Good for you for not panicking--that gain may very well resolve itself shortly.

Terri, wow, your Dad's Math Masters is impressive. My Dad was a railroader, a very talented artist (just for himself and the family), was super-talented on the harmonica and could make the most beautiful, melodius music by just whistling. I hope your Dad will be with you for many years to come. Aw, I'm so sorry for your loss of Shyla. We got our dog from the animal shelter and had him for 14 1/2 years before he passed. They really do become part of your family. Do you have a plan for how to up your protein?

Quinn, where do you live? Canada or northern Michigan? Deer on the runway--forks in your eyes--Michelin Man. LOL Ooh, congrats on your daughter's induction into the NHS. You deserved the cake and peanut butter celebration. Bring both to the Girls Spring Break Week. LOL

Whoever is coming, you'd better get here quick! Our forecast was for spring weather all week. After yesterday's summer weather, today's forecast calls for only 66 degrees and tomorrow 69, followed by temps in the 40s through March 30. But we can drink red wine in any kind of weather--doesn't have to be Girls Spring Break Week. LOL

Rose, Chico is sooooooo cute! So glad he is on the mend. He surely is welcome to Girls Spring Break, but no wine for him--wouldn't be any left anyway--I think Cassie will guzzle it all down. LOL Sorry 'bout your sinus cold and loss of appetite. Yeah, looks like you're due for a joyous spring and some massive good luck.

MollySue, hi. Best wishes this week.

Yunalee, I hope your new used laptop carries you a long way. Good job on your goals Monday. Calories weren't all that bad--your accountability may help on that.

acameron, I thought of that Bill Engvall joke, too. LOL Congrats on graduating in December! You surely have a lot on your plate with that and the wedding and stuff. You certainly are not being sucky by pushing your goal weight date into April.

Mai, yes, bananas are way up high on the carb chart. I love them, but haven't had one for a long, long time. Aw, your little girl starting kindergarten. Sometimes they surprise parents and really do well despite their shyness. Making new friends will help her get over that.

Last edited by Mern; 03-22-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Monday's achievements:

Calories 1600, actual 1557
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 21.2
Protein goal 120g, actual a whopping 165. Not deliberate--just worked out that way because of what I had readily available to eat.
Only one piece of sugar free candy
Limit one low carb tortilla or soft taco every other day--none Monday
Omega-3 came from flaxmeal and peanut butter

Water 64 oz. achieved

Exercise not so good--got to just over 1/4 mile aerobic walking DVD and had to force myself to finish 1/2 mile due to feeling a bit lightheaded. I had the same problem one day last week at the park--got to only .36 miles real walking and had to quit due to suddenly feeling very lightheaded. Both days there was high tree pollen. Today I exercised indoors with the windows closed and did fine.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

mern ~ cereal & pretzles wasn't to bad considering what i could have eaten....lol. i was just done in yesterday after working all day & then having to tidy up & cooking for the other two i just had enough. thinking tomorrow i want to do a beef barley soup for supper. i've been craving it. yeah my cardio is easy to work in as i just walk to work omg i couldn't imagine not having an option of a hip replacement. right now i'm trying to delay the operation by keeping my weight down & being active. i need to do more stretching. any weather is red wine day...lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.