Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Old 03-15-2011, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

Ugh, it seems my brain is for display purposes only today. Almeeker, you passed on your sleep deprivation. I got a total of two hours sleep last night, and I went to bed early! Had a dream that my 10mo's high chair had hundreds of spider egg sacs on it and when I came back to it with a can of Mortein, I realised my 10mo was stuck in the high chair, covered with baby spiders. I then lay awake in bed for HOURS, thinking bugs were crawling all over me, thinking somewhat uncharitable thoughts about my partner snoozing peacefully beside me (delightedly snoring, no less), finally dozed off . . . then sprang awake to the realisation there WAS a bug crawling on me. I performed a rather violent rendition of the Spider Dance, though when I turned on the lamp, whatever had been crawling on me was nothing more than a smear (so I may possibly have performed the Bug Dance or the Moth Dance or the Beetle Dance. We have no screens and we live in the bush - insects inside the house are just something we've had to get used to). Lay awake once again, thinking, 'Cranky-Pants Mummy is going to have a very challenging time adhering to Non-Fitness Goal #1 - Count to 10 when my 8yo is being particularly difficult, tomorrow'. Finally started to doze, then heard rain on the roof and spent the next indeterminate time cursing the heavens, because the clothes on the line were soaking up the damp, meaning no washing clothes again! Once again, got over it, started to fall asleep, then the bleeding cat decided she'd start a rigorous cleaning routine on the wobbly verandah chair outside our bedroom. Exploding out of bed with a particularly foul expletive, I went outside and moved the chair, but the cat, of course, saw me and spent the next twenty minutes outside, meowing loudly. Dozed once again and was rudely woken by my partner's alarm clock, going off at the ungodly hour of 4am, nudged him gently to wake him, then with more force when he didn't immediately respond and turn off the horrible sound setting he has his alarm set on. He got out of bed and I finally, finally, fell asleep . . . only to dream that I was in an anonymous house filled with door-to-door saleswomen (?!) - I was upstairs and my 10mo and 8yo, for some reason, were downstairs, and the house was filling rapidly with water and I couldn't get downstairs to save my boys. Was woken from this dream by my partner, who had changed my 10mo and brought him in to our bedroom, saying he knew I didn't sleep last night and thought I'd like to lay in bed for a little bit longer. When I crawled out of bed and went into the house, I discovered my 8yo had unset the dishwasher, washed the dishes that didn't clean properly, put all the recycling in the bin and was quietly playing the computer.

Cranky-Pants Mummy is suddenly full of tenderness for her beautiful family.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry, I will get around to replying to the posts that have appeared overnight once I've dropped my boy at school and completed my workout. Until then, have a wonderful couple of hours, everyone.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Behaze, I'm so sorry about your rough night. One thing after another, wasn't it? I'm glad your wonderful family stepped up to make your entry into the day a bit easier.

Welcome, ifeelamazing; and glad to see you back, mhibdon. Take it easy till you feel better.

Mike, you're talking like a low carb veteran, dude. Rock on!

Quinn, now that you've identified the problem, how do you fix it? (I say, having no idea what the problem is on my end...must go work on that ).
Old 03-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Rose -- Thank you, you're so kind I always feel badly going off, thinking my problems are insignificant. I know that's just my low self-esteem talking. And ugh, I know what you mean about those bikes. I can't even sit on them for more than 10 or 15 minutes. I got a blister on the inside of my thigh the one time I tried -- good for you for sweating it out though! You've got a great attitude this week!

Stacey -- Eating away stress is what got me in much of this mess in the first place, and it's likely going to be the toughest habit to crack! Thanks for the commisseration! I'm glad you're feeling better today, and good luck with the yoga! I'm glad BF is telling that you look hot - it helps, doesn't it? And you know he really means it!

Julia -- Haha, sometimes the superwoman does come out. I managed to do the presentation without a hitch, and I talked to the book editors about my schedule. They still want things tomorrow, but end-of-day tomorrow is okay, so I have a little more breathing/wiggle room. I will say that I managed not to take out my frustrations on any of my grad students or undergraduates today, and I count that one in the win column.

Mern -- Rockin' it today! And look at that water!

Cassie -- Haha, I am hoping there STOPS being an injury Du Jour! People are probably starting to suspect foul play. And thanks. I have to have specific goals or I'll immediately start to think of ways to wiggle out of them. Self-sabotage at its finest.

Mike -- Thanks for the kind thoughts. I'm just blaming The Ides of March and trying to move on with it. We all need a good blowup/meltdown once in awhile, it's cathartic, right?

behaze -- Ugh!!! That sounds like a terrible night! I hope you're able to get a nice nap in after your workout, maybe?

I did eat pizza at lab meeting, but it was "only" two slices, and I didn't eat the crust on the second slice. I am counting it as a win for now, since I still wanted to devour the entire pizza pie. I'm hoping a good workout will help some of the stress sweat off, and I won't be off-track on calories if I have a light dinner. I'm at about 900 right now.

Also, not sure if it matters anymore, but for those of you having timeout issues -- it's happened to me often enough that I type out my posts on Notepad and just paste them into the box (and do formatting on them if I want/need to). No more screaming at the computer in frustration!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Sorry to butt in, Jen, but if you have the reply or compose window open "too long" (I'm not sure what the actual time limit is) the forum software will "time out" and your response will not post, nor will you generally be able to get it back.

If I'm composing a longish message and/or get distracted and have the window open longer than usual I'll do a quick "copy" of the text, close the window and reopen it prior to posting. That way you'll never lose your post.

Regards,
Michael
Michael, butt in whenever you like! I was actually just thinking about you last week and wondering how you were doing. I have only been on 2 weeks in the last 4, so I am not sure if you have posted over here or not

Nonetheless, THANK YOU for this information - this would explain why my posts always work when I'm at work (I compose them in a separate window so it doesn't look like I'm chatting all day long), and when I'm at home they rarely work because I get distracted easily - lol!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Jennybeeb
Michael, butt in whenever you like! I was actually just thinking about you last week and wondering how you were doing. I have only been on 2 weeks in the last 4, so I am not sure if you have posted over here or not

Nonetheless, THANK YOU for this information - this would explain why my posts always work when I'm at work (I compose them in a separate window so it doesn't look like I'm chatting all day long), and when I'm at home they rarely work because I get distracted easily - lol!
You're welcome!

I am doing fabulously--thanks for asking!

I don't post much here because, well, it's the Women's Only Corner and I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. I do read pretty much everything, though.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

it's the Women's Only Corner and I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.
that's my job.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:20 AM
FitDay Member

I don't post much here because, well, it's the Women's Only Corner and I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.
Seriously? LOL, as if... Oh, did you mean you might be uncomfortable?
Old 03-15-2011, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

Michael,

Please come back and join us! You always have wonderful, sound advice and have been at this a lot longer than most of us.

Besides, Mike is getting a complex!
Old 03-15-2011, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Rose -- Thank you, you're so kind I always feel badly going off, thinking my problems are insignificant. I know that's just my low self-esteem talking. And ugh, I know what you mean about those bikes. I can't even sit on them for more than 10 or 15 minutes. I got a blister on the inside of my thigh the one time I tried -- good for you for sweating it out though! You've got a great attitude this week!

I did eat pizza at lab meeting, but it was "only" two slices, and I didn't eat the crust on the second slice. I am counting it as a win for now, since I still wanted to devour the entire pizza pie. I'm hoping a good workout will help some of the stress sweat off, and I won't be off-track on calories if I have a light dinner. I'm at about 900 right now.
I think that is one for the "win" column myself, pizza is soooo hard to resist. I'm actually toying with the idea of mixing ff cottage cheese and mozzarella together the next time I make homemade pizza. That's what I do with lasagna and it's delish.

And you're problems are not insignificant! I think that's one of the best things about this forum, you can log on and vent about things that the people in your life may not be able to relate to, and get some good advice in the bargain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.