Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Old 03-09-2011, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jjeand
When I started he said he thought I would leave him. I assured him that wasn't true. Wanting to feel better about myself, be healthier, didn't have anything to do with how I felt about him. But now, somehow it does. The better I feel, the more I want to go do things. Get out, move! Bike, go for a walk, or if it’s icky out go window shopping. Ice skating! All of these things are a big nope for him. He wouldn’t even come to a movie with me.
I can understand that. You don't realize that people get satisfaction by just sitting around doing nothing until you are up and ready to go. This can cause a huge strain. Tell him that you need him to be more active with you.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
... Tell him that you need him to be more active with you.
Mike, that is EXCELLENT advice to jjeand.

Stacey, I don't do yoga, but I do have a good firming/stretching VHS tape that I should do to increase flexibility. I hate doing it, but it makes me feel so relaxed after I'm finished. I'll bet that yoga would do you a world of good, as you already suspect.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Stacey, I am just begining to get into yoga. I need to increase my flexibility, too. I have Pilates DVD that I pull out occasionally and I've checked a few yoga ones out of the library, but none that have really set me on fire so far. Would be interested in knowing if anyone can recommend a good one.

Mern...smart woman, walking inside...the weather here is horrible, too! Somehow it's easier to eat better when it's bright and sunny outside, dunno why!

jjeand, hopefully with time he'll come around. It took my hubby almost a year to be ready to make healthy changes in his life, but it did happen and it's great. Although even if he's not ready, it's not fair to make negative comments to you. I think maybe where he is coming from is a fear of change. People have a hard time with that, especially if they don't initiate it. Eventually he'll realize he can't manipulate you back to the way it was, and will hopefully move forward from there.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by staceyalberta
i'm thinking i need to add some yoga to my exercise regime for a few reasons. part of it is to get increased flexibility for dancing. the other part is to get increased flexibility for the arthritis in my right hip. finally i think it is a good core work out. my problem is that i find yoga hard as my range of motion in a lot of areas is really bad. anyone else doing yoga?
I should be doing some yoga too. Currently I don't own any yoga DVD's or anything, but I have done enough of it in various classes to know that I could take my fitness level up a notch by adding it to the mix.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Boyfriend is being a pain. So unsuportive. 'Didn't you go to the gym yesterday? Why do you need to rush to get there again today?' Um, meeting the trainer today. And I want to. Actually like to. Not like it was any skin off his nose. I wasn't going to get to see him yesterday anyways. As fast as I'm losing, he's gaining. When I started he said he thought I would leave him. I assured him that wasn't true. Wanting to feel better about myself, be healthier, didn't have anything to do with how I felt about him. But now, somehow it does. The better I feel, the more I want to go do things. Get out, move! Bike, go for a walk, or if it’s icky out go window shopping. Ice skating! All of these things are a big nope for him. He wouldn’t even come to a movie with me. Adjustment Bureau is very good - went with my older daughters.
Sorry to hear he's holding out on you. My DH lost weight each time I was pregnant, so we've been off kilter with each other fitness/health-wise for years. Last year when I started getting into the healthy groove, he was on medication (which made him really mellow) for his heart and then had heart surgery in October and afterward he was out of the gym for about 6-8 weeks. He finally did get back to the gym and going full out in January and maybe just 2-3 weeks ago I saw him weighing portions of pasta. It takes a while for people to warm up to the idea and get in the groove of it. And that's only if they are receptive to the idea, he may never get to that point. Give him some time, and be prepared to hold out against his attempts to "feed" you. My DH for a while was bringing home brownies, knowing full well I was trying to hit a daily calorie deficit of 1,000. You also have to remember not to become a nag, keep in mind when the two of you got together none of this new "health" stuff was on the bargaining table, right? There is an old saying that when a woman falls in love she's thinking of all the things she's going to change about the man, and when a man falls in love he wants her to stay exactly like she is for the rest of all eternity.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:32 AM
FitDay Member

Can you believe this
ECJ Ruling: Parents of Irish Citizen Children Have Right to Reside | Solicitors Dublin, Dublin Solicitor, Solicitors Dublin Ireland

It was on the news yesterday night and we already received phonecalls from friends telling us that miracles do happen. I don't want to rejoice just yet, coz it sounds too good to be true, but it seems that the law has been changed in our benefit.
Can you believe it? Somebody finally woke up after 6 years and reversed the idiotic law which was against both common sense and Human Rights Chart.

Mern, Stacey, Cassey, Almeeker and all of you who wrote me supportive comments - thanks very much, I love you guys
Old 03-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Sorry to hear he's holding out on you. My DH lost weight each time I was pregnant, so we've been off kilter with each other fitness/health-wise for years. Last year when I started getting into the healthy groove, he was on medication (which made him really mellow) for his heart and then had heart surgery in October and afterward he was out of the gym for about 6-8 weeks. He finally did get back to the gym and going full out in January and maybe just 2-3 weeks ago I saw him weighing portions of pasta. It takes a while for people to warm up to the idea and get in the groove of it. And that's only if they are receptive to the idea, he may never get to that point. Give him some time, and be prepared to hold out against his attempts to "feed" you. My DH for a while was bringing home brownies, knowing full well I was trying to hit a daily calorie deficit of 1,000. You also have to remember not to become a nag, keep in mind when the two of you got together none of this new "health" stuff was on the bargaining table, right? There is an old saying that when a woman falls in love she's thinking of all the things she's going to change about the man, and when a man falls in love he wants her to stay exactly like she is for the rest of all eternity.
see, you are waaaaay nicer than I am. Especially when I read...

As fast as I'm losing, he's gaining.
***Warning*** I'm shooting from the hip again!
IMO he needs to get a handle on that, especially if he's worried about her leaving him. Actually, he's not, if he were he'd do something about gaining as quickly as she's loosing... unless he really believes that she's going to want to get heathy and fit so she can stay with someone that's getting fat a lazy. It already sounds like he has a jealousy issue with the time she's spending "away" to do this. I don't see it getting any better unless he wants to join in. I was in the same situation and I find that I was growing apart for many reasons but we were no longer alike. I wanted to go for walks, go to the gym, be outside... go do things, she didn't. Then came the jealousy and the snide comments. "Oh you need to eat, you look sick" or "you don't have an ass any more". I realized that sometimes the best thing you can do is agree with someone. Just like jjeand's situation, as fast as I was losing, she was gaining. She had made another one of those comments about it looking like I needed to eat. Then she said "don't you think that it's sad that you weigh less than your girlfriend?" I looked her dead in the eyes and said "Yes, I do!" I think at that point she realized EXACTLY why I agreed with her.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-09-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MunaAmin
Can you believe this
ECJ Ruling: Parents of Irish Citizen Children Have Right to Reside | Solicitors Dublin, Dublin Solicitor, Solicitors Dublin Ireland

It was on the news yesterday night and we already received phonecalls from friends telling us that miracles do happen. I don't want to rejoice just yet, coz it sounds too good to be true, but it seems that the law has been changed in our benefit.
Can you believe it? Somebody finally woke up after 6 years and reversed the idiotic law which was against both common sense and Human Rights Chart.

Mern, Stacey, Cassey, Almeeker and all of you who wrote me supportive comments - thanks very much, I love you guys
that is awesome! I hope it works out for ya!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

MunaAmin, that would be the best! Please keep us posted, and I hope that is the miracle you're looking for.

Just wanted to share a cool website I found today. It's food facts-nutrition facts, health food recipes, healthy eating guide. You type in a food (natural or processed) and in addition to the nutrition info, it gives you a health score as to how healthy (obviously, this is subjective) it is, balanced against any untoward ingredients, like added sugar, additives, etc. If it's a processed food, it also lists all the ingredients (which is how I found the site in the first place, looking for that).

Last edited by cjohnson728; 03-09-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MunaAmin
Can you believe this

Muna, this is the BEST news I have heard all week!!!! I cannot even tell you how happy I am for you! I am keeping my fingers crossed that you will be rejoicing for real any day now. HUGE HUGS to you and your family!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.