Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Old 03-10-2011, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

Default Good news

I may have hard a hard time with going low carb but I can honestly say that my plateau has been broken. Today I'm at 170.0 and my weight is falling off again. I got my belt hole back, jeans are fitting a little looser, gut is looking flatter and sirts are still snug in the right spots. My mini keg is back down to a 4 pack and I hope will be to a 6 pack before long. I haven't had a 6 pack since my 20's.

It's looking like I will hit my goal by may, when I turn the big four-oh!

I was thinking about my cheat day... next Monday. I figured that any extra calories deficient I get this week I can use that for my cheat Monday. So, my goal this week is -2000 cals, so if I end the week at -2500, next monday I'll only allow myself to go +500 over my burn.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan m 90%, t yes, w 90%
~ log all foods i've eaten m yes, t yes, w yes
~ do cardio 6 days m yes, t yes, w yes, t yes
~ do strength training 6 daysm yes, t yes
~ get 90 oz of water in m only got 60 oz in, t yes, w yes
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food. m yes, t yes, w yes
~ be honest to myself when weighing myself. m yes, t yes, w yes

non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look m yes, t yes, w yes, t yes
~ get back to my routine in organizing my house m yes, t yes
~ write in my fitday journal at least three times. 1 yes, 2 yes
Old 03-10-2011, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Eat 1400 cals or less: YES!! YES !! Right around 1200 which is far better!
Workout everyday for 50-60 mins: Yes, Yes, Yes yesterday was the walk for about 2.5 miles instead of a run , gave the legs a somewhat break
Push myself for 3 miles in 32 min: NOT yet maybe today
Try to make it to spin/yoga class in the AM: Postponing this goal till next week , but will do this next week being that I am waking up right around 530 for class anyhow
1< sweets a day: YES!!! NO and NO
Walk dogs Sunday and Wed: Did on Sunday , Hopefully tonight
Work on some scrapbooking pages: NO not yet
No alcohol: Yes YES YES
Old 03-10-2011, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Terri- Great job on the ONEderland !! Thats awesome

Quinn- Im hoping like you I can be bikini ready by early May for HAWAII

Jjeand- Im sorry to hear about an unsupportive bf it is hard when your other half doesn't want to be active I face it every day but he supports me working out just doesn't see he should as well even just to walk the dogs its a big battle. Im hoping that once he sees the big results I know are coming it will be enough to push him to try and get healthy himself. You got to do what is best for you despite all others because it is after all your body and your esteem Good Luck and Keep your head up !

Stacey- I have done yoga a lot over the last couple of years it is phenomenal for flexibility and for core strength! Not only will it build up a light sweat but it makes you feel refereshed because everything involves your core, balance and really paying attention to your body while working out. I highly recommend it !! Classes are great for newbies because you will get the basics and after that you can do it at home , Hope you decide to venture out to do it I have a feeling you'll love it!

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 03-10-2011, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday's Report:

Moving calorie count to 1400 now that summer goal was met.

Food & Fitness:

1. Limit calories to 1400 and log everything. yes, yes
2. Keep BMI under 20. yes-19.44, yes
3. 100 oz. of fluids daily. yes, yes
4. Trail walk at least twice this week, weather permitting. maybe today, yes
5. Take multi-vitamin, calcium and ground flax daily. yes, yes
6. Lose 1 more pound this week. DONE!
7. Floss every day. yes, yes

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day". yes, yes
2. Be a more patient, sympathetic person. yes, yes
3. Be encouraging to husband and daughter by complimenting them each day on something that they did well. yes, on both counts, yes
Old 03-10-2011, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,

Congratulations on breaking through your plateau! Just shaking things up a bit seems to work for many of us. (...just in time for shirtless lawn mowing, as well! )

Last edited by quinnesec; 03-10-2011 at 03:13 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

rose ~ poor you. the snow we were to have gotten yesterday didn't show up thank god. however, we are to still get snow today. i'm not sure about you, but we've had like record breaking snow this year. people haven't seen this much snow here in like 30 years it's crazy. when i'm out walking i see that people have shoveled & it's piled up almost to their front doors it's nuts. only -17 C here today so that is almost warm.

mike ~ i agree with others you have done amazingly well. i looked at your pics awhile ago, but haven't watched your video yet. i'm sure it's great. that's awesome that you broke through your plateau. woo hoo!!!

i'm going to see if i can put this into words. this week i've been feeling less manic or frantic about the weight coming off 'quick enough.' i know the weight is coming off i can tell, my boyfriend can tell & my clothes are feeling looser on me. i know the exercise is working as i can see the definition coming back to my arms, tummy getting flatter. i have a general feeling that i'm in control regardless of how fast the scale does or doesn't move & that is a GREAT feeling!!!!

omg you guys not sure what i did, but my tail bone is killing me ~sigh~ i'll have to try to get in to see my chiropractor.

dance class again tonight bollywood woo hoo. we are starting to gear up for our big summer student hafla. a hafla in the middle eastern dance world is a fancy way of saying dance recital. my teacher sells tickets to this event & it ALWAYS sells out. will be a fun evening.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator

Health & Fitness
1) Keep total (not net) Carbs under 75g/day 61.9g, 73.1g, 68.8g
2) drink a gallon of water a day 135.2oz, 135.2oz, 135.2oz
3) take vitamin daily yes, yes, yes
4) take fish oil daily yes, yes, yes
5) 2500 cals deficient for the week -639, -393, -432
6) workout 3 times yes, no, yes
7) do Plyometrics 1 time no, no, no
8) start my journal yes
9) post how I'm feeling with low carbs daily here yes, yes, yes

Non Health & Fitness
10) 4 random acts of kindness no, no, no
11) makes 50 calls to prospects too many of them were on the DNC list (sent emails instead), no (took off), Gov. issued a state of emergency so legally I can not make outbound calls to prospects.
12) to push/ encourage the next person to post here to meet their goals MunaAmin:not yet, no, no (I didn't have the heart to push)
Old 03-10-2011, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Muna so happy to hear they changed the laws!! I hope that they changed them in time for you to stay there in Ireland with your fam!

Wierdness on the scale this AM, it said I weighted 123.0!?! I LOVE THIS SCALE, it's magical! I weighed myself 2x and went to get my glasses to make sure the 3 wasn't an 8.

It's actually funny bc for the longest time--some here might remember, I was anti-scales bc I didn't want to be obsessed w/ the number and let it "rule" me. Then I decided I would buy one to keep at the boy's apt. However, it got very dusty there, so I brought it back to my place last Sunday and now I want to kiss it! So yeah, it's pretty new--just a few months, and tells the body fat percentage and water % too. It said I had 54% water and 25% body fat. I'm going to weigh myself naked tonight after eating dinner just to see what the discrepancy is.

I'm off to learn some new chemical instruments and then force myself to memorize things for my midterms, then spring break starts next Wed for me, which means visiting the boy's grandparents in Hawaii for 10 days!!
Old 03-10-2011, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, congrats on getting on down to ONEderland!

azrunner6, good job on you #'s so far. Have fun in Hawaii.

quinn, down to 116 already? WOW!

stacey, thanks. You're doing greta yourself. I hope it's nothing major with your tail bone.

julia, looks like you're on your way to a size 28 (I assume european size)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.