Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Old 03-10-2011, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

mike ~ i don't think my tail bone is anything serious. i haven't fallen or anything. i'm wondering if i just sat awkwardly. i got in to see the chiropractor this morning so hopefully that will help.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry for checking in a little late today! I managed to burn my hand on the stove this morning (four out of five fingerstips on left hand are all red and ouchy). Thus typing is taking a long time! This post has been an hour in the making!

Thanks to everyone for all the congrats and support!!! The weight is continuing to fall off this week (funny how that happens right after a plateau) and I was 198.5 this morning, even after a fairly high sodium day yesterday. That's three pounds since Monday, a pound a day!

Julia: Nice job! It's awesome to see the falling numbers, isn't it? Just remember -- as Rose has wisely told me, the scale can be your frenemy

Rose: I am planning to celebrate by getting my hair done for the first time in a year... if I can remember to call and schedule the appointment!!

Mern: Yay for the Onederland dance!! And congrats on keeping those cals extra-low! And nice job on keeping up your walking rain or shine, and getting in your water!

Mike: Congrats on the plateau-breaking and busting through that low-cal barrier! You win, good sir!

Stacey -- Tailbone injury! Ouch! Get a nice inflatable pillow thing to sit on, and good luck at the doctor!

jj: Sorry to hear about your boyfriend. I agree with almeeker -- sometimes a lot of patience is necessary. If he's tearing you down, though, stand up for yourself!! You're doing this for YOU, and he should be happy for your health and not think about himself in that process, IMHO. Sometimes people react to how it is affecting THEM first, but hopefully he'll come around I've been pretty lucky in that my boyfriend has been very supportive of me, but everyone comes to things in their own way. The negativity is the worst part, really.

I also agree with Cassie and almeeker in that he probably just needs time. My boyfriend isn't at all joining me in weight loss. He has a very demanding, physical job and can eat like a whale and still stay the same shape from his calorie burn (though he is overweight, he's not obese). I have, however, caught him stepping on the scale a couple of times in this past week when he thought I wasn't looking. Sneaky sneaky. So maybe yours will be the same! It's best when people come to it in their own time and their own way. Hopefully your boyfriend watching you get svelte and fabulous will turn into a motivator for him!

Muna: WONDERFUL news! I hope all turns out the best for you and your family!!! Definitely let us know, what a great, hopeful piece of information!

Wednesday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle goals:

1) Drink 64 oz. water daily. Get to 72 if I can. -- M: 91!!! Tu: 71 W: 76
2) 1400 cal. daily limit -- M: 1,185 Tu: 1,030 W: 1,237
3) Exercise five hours this week, at least 3 hours hard cardio --
M: One hour hard cardio at the gym last night. I think I hit some exercise-high in the middle of it for the first time (Total 1 day, 1 hour hard cardio)
Tu: Day off (Total 1 day, 1 hour hard cardio)
W: Unexpected day off due to weather conditions (flooding around my apartment). Definitely working out tonight!! (Total 1 day, 1 hour hard cardio)
4) 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily -- M: 4 Tu: somewhere between 4 and 5? Salads are hard. W: Only 3
5) No boxed/premade lunches or dinners -- M: Yes Tu: No, had Panera salad for lunch W: No
6) Eat one big salad a day for lunch or dinner -- M: Yes, had 2! Tu: Also 2! W: Yes, lunch
7) Balance protein to at least 30% of nutritional chart -- M: 39%! Tu: 28% W: 27%

Other Life Stuff:

1) Re-start my needlework. Try to work on it for at least an hour a day. -- M: Nope Tu: No. Grr. W: OMG Yes. Since it was raining I decided to tackle it. Three hours and all the scut work is done, I can actually start sewing!
2) Call my grandmother -- M: No Tu: Yes! And she has apparently mailed me four cooking magazines, haha W: No.
3) Schedule hair appointment -- M: No Tu: No W: Not yet.
4) Doctor's appointment on Tuesday (and Thursday), don't forget!! M: N/A
Tu: Had doctor's appointment regarding mass in right breast. It's a large (4 cm) cyst. I'll take it! Scheduled needle aspiration for this Thursday morning to drain. Breathing large sigh of relief.
W: N/A

Got into a pair of jeans this morning I haven't worn in 6 months! They actually don't fit me properly (they're too long in the crotch, and they were even when I bought them), but the point is, that the waist was once too small and now it's not! I'm going to wear these ill-fitting jeans and smile about it ALL DAY!

~Terri

Last edited by taubele; 03-10-2011 at 04:35 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report Card:

1. Keep calories in check 1,500 M-T-W-Th-Sun and 2,000 F-Sat. 2,425, 2,550, 1,400
2. Drink 96 oz of water. YES, YES, YES
3. Exercise 6 hours. 120 min, 64 min, 30 min (total 3:34)
4. Keep carbs to 45% or lower. Nope 54%, 43%, 47% It was a veggie day, so had trouble getting in enough protein.
5. Calorie deficit for the week of 3,500. -280, -11, -904 (total -1,1,95)
6. Take DDs up to school for "walk the halls" at least once. YES

Non Fitness Goals:

7. Average 5 items from the "list" daily. NO, NO, NO
8. Sign up for race and call SIL about same. NO, NO, NO I gotta stop putting this off.
9. Clean 2 rooms (15 minutes each) and do 1 load of laundry M-F. NO, NO, Yes, and caught up for M&T.
10. Clean out 1 small area of basement Sat-Sun. NO, NO, YES very small, but better than nothin'.

I always sit down here and it's a toss up if I have enough time to read all the posts or just log and report, today I did both.

Stacey sorry to hear the tailbone is acting up, I used to have issues with mine, so I know how horrible it is. Hopefully the adjustment helped.

taubele, ouch on the fingers. I can't believe you typed with them, but it's good to hear from you. Looks like you're rocking some of those goals. Good for you. You know, sitting at the hairdressers won't hurt your fingers any, so make that call with your good hand and go do it. And I'm totally cracking up over the ill-fitting jeans. Same thing happened to me about this time last year, only the fit was fine, it was just that the jeans were TOTALLY out of style, but didn't bother me a bit. I wore those high waisted jeans with pride until my fanny couldn't keep them up anymore.

blackrhino, I'm so cracking up over your new found love of the scale. I usually weigh myself before bed, I'm usually 2 pounds lighter the following morning, give or take.

Quin I'm so jealous of your 116, I could just spit. Congratulations all the same.

Terri, congrats on ONE-derland. Feels good doesn't it? I'm not sure that even making goal will feel as good to me as crossing that line did. I think I danced spontaneously for about 2 weeks. So go ahead and do your happy dance, you've earned and well it's a good fun way to burn some calories.

Mike, maybe you can share some of your low-carb meals? Heaven knows I could really use something to bash through this plateau. I'm now doing one day/week vegetarian, but that's just for Lent. Maybe I should have given up carbs for Lent?

Mern, I gotta tell you yesterday I was not feeling it in terms of that workout, but I got up out of bed and did it anyway. And do you know why? Cause I said to myself, "I'll bet Mern is up doing her walking DVD". And that got me out of bed, I still didn't feel like doing it, but I got it done all the same.

Last edited by almeeker; 03-10-2011 at 05:04 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator

almeeker, I can post up a food log if you'd like. If so, do you want one with out without protein shakes in it?
Old 03-10-2011, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
almeeker, I can post up a food log if you'd like. If so, do you want one with out without protein shakes in it?
Either or, I have protein shake stuff in the house. It's EAS chocolate whey, I think, plus we also have a box of Pure Protein bars. I don't have some of the other supplements I've seen in your posts, but I'm not looking to bulk too much more anyway, my veins are already sticking out.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Either or, I have protein shake stuff in the house. It's EAS chocolate whey, I think, plus we also have a box of Pure Protein bars. I don't have some of the other supplements I've seen in your posts, but I'm not looking to bulk too much more anyway, my veins are already sticking out.
okay, I'll post the last few days later. I had to give up protein bars b/c of the carbs.

Next week will be interesting when I start adding in oatmeal and "high protein pancakes" made with oatmeal, whey protein and egg whites! Here's an idea on the pancakes but you can tweek it. YouTube - How to make High Protein Pancakes BTW, that's not me in the video.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-10-2011 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
okay, I'll post the last few days later. I had to give up protein bars b/c of the carbs.

Next week will be interesting when I start adding in oatmeal and "high protein pancakes" made with oatmeal, whey protein and egg whites! Here's an idea on the pancakes but you can tweek it. YouTube - How to make High Protein Pancakes BTW, that's not me in the video.
I was totally cracking up over his collection of protein powders on the top of the fridge. LOL, he does look like you a little, well minus all his tatts anyway. Now I'm hungry for pancakes.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

I just realized that the nutrition infor was for each pancake. 250 cals and 30g of cabrs may have to wait until I'm ready to do a little bulking.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

terri ~ that's so exciting for you about the jeans!!!! have to love it when clothes start fitting you better

almeeker ~ thanks i think i'll feel better soon i hope.

i just got back from the chiro & i'll have to wait & see if the adjustment helped. she said my left hip was rotated out & another part (can't remember) was rotating in so they were trying to work opposite to each other. part of the adjustment did hurt, but a good hurt. hopefully it worked
Old 03-10-2011, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn: You’re going to Hawaii too?! Did I read that right? Now I’m just feeling left out! and cold.

No, I'm not going anywhere. I'm stuck in the cold with you, I'm afraid...

As a matter of fact, I'm so dead tired that I'm thinking of taking an afternoon nap. My redneck neighbor decided that 2 am (bar close) would be an awesome time to drop his snow plow blade and plow out his property for an hour, scraping the blade along the concrete... over and over and over...

Haha... yeah. I just looked at my short post and had about 10 typos...

Definitely time for a short cat nap...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.