Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Old 03-01-2011, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator

Okay I still haven't come up with a plan for this week... BUT I'm planning ahead.

Here's my plan for next week:
Drink 1 gal of water a day
Take my goal weight (165#) and multiply by 10-12 to get daily calories = 1650-1980 cals/day
Take in 50-60g of carbs per day
Goal weight x 10 to get daily grams of protein = 165g

I need to tweek it some to get my carbs and cals up a tad. It's kinda scarey seeing my pie chart look like this.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-01-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!
I decided my goal of losing 4 pounds in 2 weeks is a bad idea. I feel like I am setting myself up for failure and that the goal is just plain stupidity. I need to lose slowly, because I want to be able to keep it off and not feel like I'm burning the candle at both ends to be a certain number of pounds, only to then feel like I want to binge. That I have done before, many times! Plus, I'll look good no matter what in the bikini because I know I'll be having a great time! (I'll just keep repeating that to myself.)

So, my new goals for this week are not a calorie focused goals.
-I want to eat slowly, enjoy the meal, reflect on if I am hungry/satisfied.
-I want to choose healthy food options but still allow for alc, cheese, and chocolate in moderate portions.
-I want to continue to be active by doing both cardio and weights atleast 3 times each this week
-I want to continue to track everything and to stay within my WW points

Tonight is WW and I'm going to go to the meeting but not weigh-in. I had three parties this weekend (Fri, Sat, and Sun) and Thurs nite I overdid it on the peanut butter, remember? So yeah...umm I had a fantastic week but I prob ate like 35 points over my WW allowance. However, I also ran a total of 15 miles from Mon-Sunday, including 1 rest day!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

yeah peanut butter is going to be the death of me. I found a peanut butter that's more addictive than crack, seriously (don't worry, I won't tell you what it is ).
Old 03-01-2011, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, big congrats to you; you are smashing your way through your goals! Mern, you are rock-solid on your progress as well; have come to expect that from you!

Mike, gotta say I've never seen a pie chart look quite like that. Keep us posted on how it works. WTG...no Butterfingers or Blasts in the log !

Mary & Julia & Sandi, I just love the way you ladies think through and analyze your situations and allow for flexibility. Your approaches are so thoughtful; I'm sure it will pay off.

Quinn, congrats; almost there! How is your husband doing this week ?

MunaAmin, great job on putting on the brakes early. Be gentle with yourself. Use us if you need to vent.

Welcome, aspikes . Glad to have you along! Glad Jenny's back with us, too!

Hope everyone else is doing well and having a great day. True, spring is almost here; it's hit us here in the south and I'll instruct it to move quickly up to the northern climes!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
yeah peanut butter is going to be the death of me. I found a peanut butter that's more addictive than crack, seriously (don't worry, I won't tell you what it is ).
I think the key for me is to get the freshly ground stuff (peanut, almond, cashew); without anything to sweeten it, a serving is plenty.

Though someone told me about Justin's Nut Butters (including the chocolate ones); those I'm afraid to try
Old 03-01-2011, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Mike, gotta say I've never seen a pie chart look quite like that. Keep us posted on how it works. WTG...no Butterfingers or Blasts in the log !
I may actually start a Journal then. I plan on logging moods, cravings, and any new changes that I notice (ie energy level, BM's, whatever). Some things I obviously won't get into too much detail with.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I think the key for me is to get the freshly ground stuff (peanut, almond, cashew); without anything to sweeten it, a serving is plenty.

Though someone told me about Justin's Nut Butters (including the chocolate ones); those I'm afraid to try
I've used fresh ground before and it's pretty good but to be honest I like Naturally More w/ flax seed more. BTW NM isn't the crack type I was referring to, it's good but not THAT good.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Just the start of the diet and exercise and the cravings have already won one battle But today is a new day and I have to tell myself to give myself some slack but not actually follow through Otherwise I'll never stop the sweets!!
Goals this week:
1. Gym every day for around 50-60 mins
2. Run/ walk 2 miles, interval training, trying to jumpstart the body into training mode have 13 mi to acheive my Sept
3. Eat 5 small meals a day, limit candy to 0 and breads to 5 throughout the week
4. Bed by 9:30 up by 5:30- 6 need to start doing the am run before it gets hot!
Personal goals:
1. Take 1-2 hours out of the week for me time
2. Take pups on 2 walks a week
3. Cook dinner for husband and me 5-6 nights a week
4. Keep up on housework and crafts, doesn't all have to be done at once
5. No wino Unfortunately I think I need a reprieve from the wino to concentrate on my fitness

I keep telling myself once you can manage your weight and fitness without such restrictions you won't have to have these rules!
Where there is a will there is a way!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, aspikes and azrunner

Cassie, I'm glad you didn't have to remove part of the ceramic to get the range out.

Taubele and Rose, thanks for the kudos on my walking.

Taubele, I hope you can have more chances to walk outside.

Rose, in a nutshell, I've had lower back pain from standing or walking
since 1977 I when I fell off a ladder and hit my lower back on the rim of a metal bucket. The doctor didn't order xrays or anything--just told me to stay off my feet until my back healed. It never did heal, but I learned to self-manage the pain. I found that sitting down for just one to two minutes almost completely alleviates the pain until my stamina runs out again. I'm trying to increase my non-stop walking distance so DH and I can go on a walking tour of the historic district of Philadelphia some time this year.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan m 83%,
~ log all foods i've eaten m yes
~ do cardio 6 days m no
~ do strength training 6 daysm yes
~ get 90 oz of water in m yes
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food. m yes
~ be honest to myself when weighing myself. m yes

non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look.m yes
~ get back to my routine in organizing my housem yes
~ write in my fitday journal at least three times.1 yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.