Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Old 03-04-2011, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

1) 2000 cals deficient in 4 days -658
2) Gallon of water per day 135.2oz
3) No junk food, PERIOD! none
4) 4 servings of good veggies per day at least 4!
5) Bust my ass in the gym twice YES
6) Do Plyometrics once not yet

I'll try to comment on everyone later, but as far as having a bad haircut, I live with that daily.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan m 83%, t 83%, w 83%, t yes
~ log all foods i've eaten m yes, t yes, w yes, t yes
~ do cardio 6 days m no, t yes, w yes, t yes, f yes
~ do strength training 6 daysm yes, t yes, w yes, t yes, f yes
~ get 90 oz of water in m yes, t yes, w yes, t yes
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food. m yes, t yes, w yes, t yes
~ be honest to myself when weighing myself. m yes, t yes, w yes, t yes

non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look.m yes, t yes, w yes, t yes, f yes
~ get back to my routine in organizing my housem yes t no
~ write in my fitday journal at least three times.YES ~ GOAL REACHED
Old 03-04-2011, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Julia ~ mmmm indian chick peas YUMMY!!!!! that's awesome you weren't feeling hungry today. great job!!!!!!!!! your calories for the day did look good. thanks for sharing that. congrats on making it to the gym that's awesome.

Quinn ~ yes i'm 5'9" i love being tall. that's why my goal weight is your starting weight that little bit of extra height allows me a few extra pounds!

Cassie ~ i think we've all had one of those days. hope your wrist gets better soon & you didn't cut it to deeply. i did the mid-life crisis hair thing in the summer myself & now i'm going it out...or i think i am...lol. sorry but i had to laugh about the faucet thing. omg i hate those jeans cut low i wear them, but i don't like them. at least you weren't wearing granny panties...lol. yes today will be better.

Rose ~ it's hard you are injured, but that doesn't mean you are a failure. it's a pause not a complete end of your progress, but i can understand why you would feel that way.

Terri ~ it does sound like you had a long day. hang in there you'll see that loss before you know it.

Almeeker ~ sounds like you had a good day that's awesome!!! yeah being down one kid sure does help with getting organized.

walked to work today & it wasn't as cold only -22 C & snowing come on everyone tell me how jealous you are of our lovely weather ~sigh~ got up a little early & did my weights so that is good.

well tomorrow is the big day when we do our bollywood show. there will be a total of 4 dances, but i'm only in one. i'm pretty new to bollywood. this is for the one year birthday of a wellness center here in town. i'm actually nervous about tomorrow which isn't normal for me. the business owners are indian. so i'm thinking they KNOW what bollywood should look like & i just don't want to not do their cultural dance right. well more practice for me tonight. plus i still have to finish fixing the beading on my costume. i decided that fabric glue would be much faster than needle & thread. yeah i'm a bad costumer on this one.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Rose,

I'm not sure how many calories you're doing now so it's hard to say. I believe in letting our bodies tell us what to do. If you continue to lose where you are at, leave it alone. If your gaining, catch it quick and make small modifications. I'm not a once a week weigher. I weigh almost every day, especially if I'm trying to tweak my diet. Your body and the scale will be the judge.

You can try plugging in your current activity level and subtract it from your normal activity level to see what your calorie deficit should be as well. But, like I said, your body is the ultimate judge. It always lets you know what you're doing right... and wrong.
Because everyones metabolism is so different, activity calculators can be kind of wonky.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

almeeker ~ short dude w/ big muscles? lol I recently blended a sided by side pic of a before and after where my body lined up in both pics, one 1/2 was before and the other 1/2 was after. It was quite funny to see how much smaller I am.

hope ~ I hope you are feeling better today. I can start low carbing mid week but I'm going to wait until Monday. I am cutting back my carbs some to prempare, yesterday was my lowest carb day in a long time.

Mern ~ Thanks! I think I coasted long enough.

Jenny ~ Good job on the diet coke. Just get your cals in check. You can do this! Tile work? I need to tile my bedroom one of these days.

almeeker (again) ~ Sorry for sharing soooo many details. You would just have to understand the high or euphoria that I get when I opened the box of the king cake and that sweet, sweet smell goes by my nose. My mouth begins to water, my palms get sweaty and I get a big smile on my face as I cut my piece... or pieces. Once the cinnamon hits my tongue a rush of endorphins kick in, just in time for the sugar that's jently placed on top to hit my lips. It's an amazing feeling. Once I've devoured 3 or 4 pieces the guilt starts to set in and the thoughts of "WTF am I doing?". Once again, sorry for sharing the details.

Mern (again) ~ don't let it get your mouth watering, oh BTW don't read my previous post to almeeker...

Muna ~ I understand the spikes, that's why 1 pice of king cake led to 3 or 4

Lizzy ~ working lunches can be difficult.

Jacqueline ~ Getting junk out the house makes it so much easier to eat clean!

Quinn ~ If you didn't tell the camera person to focus on the fish, your hubby's head would have been in the pic. lol

almeeker (once again) ~ #'s are looking good, especially calories. Hey did you ever sign up for that race? I assume so since it's no longer on your list.

Cassie ~ I thought we had all the strange people here in Louisiana. Must have been a Katrina refugee
Old 03-04-2011, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

o.k. i have to vent. i understand fitday is a free site & therefore advertising is needed. there was one ad i think last week or the week before the text said something like '5 foods you should never eat' & the picture looked to me like a woman with her head over the toilet. for some reason that bothered me.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by staceyalberta
o.k. i have to vent. i understand fitday is a free site & therefore advertising is needed. there was one ad i think last week or the week before the text said something like '5 foods you should never eat' & the picture looked to me like a woman with her head over the toilet. for some reason that bothered me.
wow that is crazy! I hope one of her foods wasn't in the toilet.
I don't see ads here or any site so I missed it.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

mike ~ yeah it kind of bothered me in that way as well. i haven't seen it since & normally i just ignore them.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by staceyalberta
mike ~ yeah it kind of bothered me in that way as well. i haven't seen it since & normally i just ignore them.
yeah, either option is bad. Sorry about that.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

rose and terri, if you go to s p a r k people dot com and you search "a little imagination can boost your motivation" you can read an article that helps to fuel the fire of continued weight loss and trying not to get down on ourselves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.