Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Old 03-03-2011, 09:41 AM
FitDay Member

Muna, congrats on such a great day! Way to go!

I did not know that caffeine causes blood sugar spikes. I guess I'm lucky I gave up caffeine way back in the 1980's to help with menopausal hot flashes. So nice that we can learn from each other. Thanks for sharing that information.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

muna ~ congrats on the success today great job.

almeeker ~ 'short little dude' hehehehehe should i tell him i'm 5'9"...lol
Old 03-03-2011, 10:36 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats Almeeker, happy 1 year Fitday Birthday!!!!!! I always look forward to hearing from you, so thanks for helping keep me coming back too!! You've done a phenomenal job this past year and I believe your success will continue on for years to come, congrats again!

Great job Muna on staying below your calorie goal!

I haven't been hungry at all today. This is a rare occasion and I feel very grateful! I have eaten a little under 700. I'm going to go home and make parsnip fries and some indian chickpea dish that I bought from the store as well as some left over broccoli from last night. I need to get some color in my white meal of parsnips and chickpeas.

Mike and Mern when you post your food diary in to the body of a message do you do it by taking a screen shot and then just pasting? I feel like I want to paste my diary in here sometimes but I'm not sure the best way to do it.

Thanks,
Julia
Old 03-03-2011, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

Omg you all can certainly chat, it's great. I didn't get logged on until late and it's taken all my time just catching up. Today wasn't a bad day but nutritionally not great, working lunch with nibble stuff provided, way too easy to eat all the wrong things but I actually sat on my left hand at one point to stop me picking, ( my right one had my pen in it). Coming home I was tired and so just grabbed a bagel and a banana with a glass of juice.
Quinn - I finish early tomorrow so I will start that goal list.
Now I'm off to bed.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

Julia, I saw your questiion about posting food diaries, but I didn't know how to do it, so I just typed mine out on the keyboard, but the formatting didn't come out right when posted. Mike or someone else will tell you how to do it, though.

Lizzie, you did a great job controlling the nibbles under very trying circumstances. Way to go!

Last edited by Mern; 03-03-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default Is it Friday yet?

I am absolutey exhausted....it is all I can do to get through a day of work.

Thursday's Report Card
My goals this week are baby steps....
  • return to tracking food and activity daily T / W / Th- yes
  • get 8+hours of sleep per night M / T / W - yes
  • exercise on the elliptical three times this week W - yes
  • take things one day at a time T / W / Th - yes
Today, I tracked my food and even though I had 3 meals...as of end of dinner I was only at 800cal....I had to force myself to eat an evening snack to get it up to 1,000 cal.

No junk in the house...fully satisfied...but exhausted. I need a holiday
Old 03-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Julia,

I have Windows XP, so this is my option:
Pressing the <PrtScn> key copies the entire display, including the
Desktop Wallpaper, to the clipboard. Pressing <ALT>+<PrtScn> copies
only the active Window to the clipboard (iow, into RAM). To view the
screen capture, open a graphics program, such as MS Paint, and press
<CTRL>+V. This will paste the contents of the clipboard (your
screenshot) into the open file, and allow you to view it or save it as a
file for later use.

I open up a blank page in Photochop and Paste it there by going <CTRL>+V then I save as a .jpeg and upload to photobucket and put the link here inside img tags.

My laptop allows me to just paste it directly... I think
Old 03-03-2011, 12:03 PM
FitDay Member

Stacey,

You're 5'9"? Wow... I'd kill to be your height! My husband is 6'4" and he rests his arms on top of my head. Jeez, I hate that!

Lizzie,

Yep, we're a chatty bunch! It seems if we can vent here, we don't turn to food as often... besides, it's tough to type when you're eating!

Muna,

Glad to see that you had a great day today! You deserve it.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Stacey,You're 5'9"? Wow... I'd kill to be your height! My husband is 6'4" and he rests his arms on top of my head. Jeez, I hate that!
So, is that hubby with you in the picture with the fish? See you really wouldn't want to be his height people are forever cutting his head off in the camera lens LOL. I too would love to be 5'-9", heck I'd be thrilled with 5'-3".
Old 03-03-2011, 01:06 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Keep calories in check 1,500 M-F and 2,000 SS. NO 2,262, 1,516, 1,510, 1,441
2. Drink 96 oz of water. NO 84 , YES, YES, YES
3. Exercise 6 hours. 38 min, 90 min, 82 min, 38 min (total 4:08)
4. Keep carbs to 45% or lower. 63%, 63%, 48%, 46%
5. Calorie deficit for the week of 3,500. +60, -1,025, -819, -929 (total -2,413)
6. Take DD up to school for "walk the halls" at least once. Not yet, Nope, YES! And the kiddos LOVED it!
7. Inflate new stayball. NO, NO, NO, NO I keep forgetting about this one

Non Fitness Goals:

8. Average 5 items from the "list" daily. NO, NO, NO, YES 6
9. Sign up for race and call SIL about same. NO, NO, NO, NO
10. Clean 2 rooms (15 minutes each) and do 1 load of laundry daily. YES, YES, YES, YES
11. Clean out 1 small area of basement. NO, NO, NO, YES

Muna you and I must be in sync with each other, because I had a really good day too. Of course I was down to only one child most of the day, and that puts my ability to get things done in high gear. I have more to say to everyone, but I'm so tired I can't make my fingers work well enough to type anymore. Hugs to everyone, night night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.