Notices

Keeping me accountable

Old 03-17-2011, 10:40 PM
FitDay Member

I sure am suffering for the 4 weeks of basically working from home, I have mentioned before I have a physically demanding job and every inch of my body hurts at the moment. Monday night I climbed up and down a set of 15 steps over 360 times. My calves had a burn they have never had from step aerobics or running in the past. Tuesday night I was crouching and then standing constantly so my thighs got a great work out, and last night was all about streching to reach something and 2 hours of continuous walking to locate missing stock. I don't need a gym I just have to keep working. I took a really good lunch to work with me and ate it all, and I even drank the water again, anyone who knows me would die from shock, even one of my co-worker commented that she had never seen me drink water.

Continued the next morning

I am done working for the week, I did great all week taking food to eat at lunch and drinking a couple of bottles of water each night, but I ate next to nothing at home as I spent most of the time at home sleeping. I am looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend. Hubby is picking my daughter up later today it will be nice to see her, its been over a month since her last visit.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Have a wonderful weekend, and enjoy a little R & R with your family. :-)
Old 03-20-2011, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

So far my eating this weekend has gone better than planned, after the funeral yesterday when all the goodies came out all I had was a coffee. I met a lot of my husbands relatives and when discussing my children one of the relatives said that no wonder my children were all skinny when I am. I had to laugh as I don't think that is a word that has ever been used to discribe me in all of my 47 years. I do know all the nice ways of saying someone is overweight and have heard them all many times, everything from big boned to fluffy(my husbands favorite way to discribe me) but skinny has never been part of that discriptive vocabulary. I am sure it had more to do with the fact that I didn't remove my big furry coat as the church was freezing and no one could see the real me underneath.

Today my baby turns 14 and in the fall will be heading off to highschool, it makes me feel so old. Having my boys when I was in my 30's I always used to say it kept me young, but now I am not feeling so young any more. Last year when he turned 13 I cried, he wasn't a baby any more. I guess now I will just have to wait for grandkids to make me feel young again. Yesterday my daughter and I spent the day shopping, and last night I made her something she has always wanted.....a sock monkey, it turned out pretty good for a first attempt. Going to stick to my plan today and leave enough calories for a lovely peice of chocolate birthday cake at the end of the day.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

You make me feel ashamed of my lack of willpower Dee, I cave in at the slightest temptation. I know what you mean about the descriptives, some are worse than others. I don't feel too bad about cuddly but I hate stout, it's so solid and matronly. What's wrong with voluptuous? I've never heard skinny and my name together either and I don't think I ever will, I'd settle for normal. I'm really glad you had a good weekend, with the way you work you truly deserved it. Hope tomorrow's weigh in goes well for you.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:51 PM
FitDay Member

I have no idea why I think that 4 am is morning today, between the hubby taking up most of the bed and listening to the rain I couldn't sleep. I am working nights tonight so being up this early might make it easier to have a nap this afternoon before having to go into work.

I did my weight and measurements this morning and I managed to lose 3 lbs this week and another half inch off my waist. All other measurements remained the same. I did start and finish my monthly visitor and the weird eating regiment on night shifts I am sure had a lot to do with my loss this week.

Now that spring is officially here I had planned to start running again, in fact today was going to be day one, but as I mentioned the rain is coming down, and not just a sprinkle, guess I will see how I feel after work tomorrow.

I do have a question, why is whole wheat flour twice the calories of white flour? I prefer to bake with whole wheat as it is much better for you. Last night I baked a sugar free/fat free banana bread, approximatly 90 calories a peice, though if I had used white flour it would have only been 75 calories a peice. Might have to throw this question out there on another board as I am sure Lizzie is the only one crazy enough to read my daily rants (and I am so glad she is)

Keeping the calories to a minimum yesterday was so worth it, the birthday cake was wonderful.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Glad you enjoyed your little treat yesterday and wow, another 3 lbs, that's excellent. That banana bread sounds yummy, I haven't baked anything for years now but you are giving me ideas. Sorry but I have no answers to the flour question, I always thought that wholewheat was better too. Having a good day and just about to go to my dance class, catch you later.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Ladies, I read your thread because everyone on FitDay has such good ideas; you never know when you might learn something! I just didn't ever want to comment and crash it (sorry!). But I had to tell you both that your avatars are adorable! I have three cats at home and ONE of them needs FitDay!

Carry on; sorry for the interruption .
Old 03-21-2011, 08:28 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie how could you think you are interupting, I am happy to know that you are lurking and would love for you to pop on and give me shit or a pat on the back any time you want. Lizzie and I just clicked because we are both doing the same thing each day with out posting, but as I said way back in the beginning it doesn't matter if no one responds to my posts, but knowing that people are reading them will keep me honest, and do you want to hear honest?.........Today after getting up way too early I have done nothing but eat, the only meal I had so far today was breakfast and I have grazed the rest of the day. No idea why, but I am already at my calorie limit for the day and I still have to get through work. I actually feel sick to my stomach. I haven't eaten anything bad for me, just too much of everything I did eat. This is the first time in 5 weeks I have fallen off the wagon and I am suffering for it.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:56 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Cassie, like Dee says this is not OUR thread, we hope that anyone who feels like jumping in does so. I know that Dee pops in and out of other posts as do I. I have noticed your words of wisdom at the bottom of your post, so true but in the past I'd have taken the rest of those eggs out and smashed them, and then bought more to smash lol.
My cat is called Henri, he's a real character with a very loud voice. On my facebook page I Photoshop him depending on the occasion, last week he was wearing an Irish hat, with his nose in a pint of guinness and a leprechaun beside him. Soon it will be the bunny ears and Easter eggs, it gives my friends a chuckle. Dee, chin up, you're doing really well most of the time, stay away from the rest of those eggs!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thank you

Dee this is to officially thank you for giving me the impetus to relook at my calories intake and adjust it. Today I reached by first mini goal and it feels good. I am off this weekend to visit my partner and he has been shopping for healthy foods for me although I know we are going out on Saturday eve for a meal. How did the rest of your day go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.