Notices

Keeping me accountable

Old 03-12-2011, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie I just wish I would get over menopause, I have been pre-menopausal since I was 36 years old, and after 11 years I am done with it. Night sweats, hot flashes etc and still get my monthly visitor. I just want it done with. Physically the doctor can't come up with any reason to help it along so I am stuck. Have a great weekend.

My daily rant:

I have come to the conclusion that getting my teeth done might not be a bad thing, the scale was definatly happy with me this morning, can't wait to report my loss for the week on Monday. I am still in some pain today so will probably keep to fairly soft foods for the day. This is going to mean eating at the hockey banquest might not work too well. May have to let hubby takes the boy for the meal and I will go after for the presentations. That would also solve my problem of what to eat while there.

So looks like today will be a laundry and cleaning day as I am definatly working nights next week, sleeping during the day is going to be a little more difficult than usual as the boys are on March break and will be home during the day, and being the typical teenage siblings they will spend part of that time argueing and waking me up. I have asked hubby to keep them as busy as possible and out of the house. I know one day they are going paint balling and another day I am sending them to the movies, just have to figure out the rest of the week. The older boy is refereeing 3 hockey tournaments over the week, but at his age and qualification there are only a few age groups he is able to ref, nothing over 12 year olds I believe, so it limits him in the amount of games he can do.

OK back to what I need to do today, I will call them my work agreements:

1- All the laundry, including stripping the beds
2- Clean the kitchen
3- Vacuum and sweep all floors
4- Clean the bathroom and downstairs shower (my least favorite)
5- Make dinners for the week (stuff the guys can heat up)
6- Bake banana bread, one regular, one sugar free/fat free
Old 03-12-2011, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

My friend who is 10 years younger than me is sure she is menopausal now, today she kept getting hot flushes and she tells me that she keeps waking up soaked through, fortunately i only had little mini flushes but they were bad enough. You have a busy day planned, you're making me feel bad but I guess I paid my dues over the years and now I can hang out with friends and come home to a house that is in the same state as I left it....happy days. Tomorrow is my housework day, give the bathroom (which I just had remodelled) a thorough cleaning and do the laundry. Sounds like you will have good news for me on Monday, I'll have to pay more attention to how you are doing this as I don't think I am managing too well.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

Well I only got some of my work agreements completed yesterday so I guess I have today to get caught up, cleaning mostly all done, but didn't get any dinners made or baking done.

My mouth is finally feeling better, not 100% but good enough that I can eat food with texture today, I was getting a little tired of creamed soups and applesauce. I have another dentist appointment in two weeks, maybe I can talk him into another root canal instead of a simple filling just so I can lose a few extra pounds LOL.

Pizza party at the rink later today, going to make sure I have some healthy munchies with me so I don't even get tempted. My son is playing in the All Star game for his age group today. Oh I forgot to mention last night at the hockey banquet my son was given the trophy for Most Sportmanlike Player, and believe me as a defenseman its hard to stay out of scuffles and the penalty box. But he did it, not a single penalty all year. I think it has more to do with his size, he is so tiny compared to the other players that the ref's don't think he could possible do any damage to another player :-)

Have a great day everyone
Old 03-13-2011, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

That was a great achievement for your son, it's good to know that sportsmanship is still prized in this world. Sounds as if you managed to get plenty done yesterday, hope you enjoy the pizza party, well the party bit anyway. I've spent today clearing out drawers and tidying my bedroom, but I just can't seem to get warm, going to do some let's dance on my Wii, that should get some heat into my old bones. I'm also planning my late summer holiday and hope that this will renew my efforts to lose the flab.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Lizzie, I completely avoided the pizza last night. I have thought of buying a Wii but my living room is so tiny I would end up breaking something.

My daily rant and today was Weigh in day

I am really excited as of this morning I have lost 15.2 lbs in the one month since my 47th birthday, I know this is quite a lot for one month, and yes I understand the big number the first week was water weight and the big number this week was because I couldn't eat much for 2 days because of the root canal. The two weeks in between when I only lost a total of 3 lbs will probably be closer to what will be normal for me, but still I am very excited. This means I only have 25 lbs to get to my goal instead of 40, that in the whole scheme of things is pretty exciting. I have also dropped almost 3% on my BMI, though still in the overweight range, normal is fast approaching.

Snow on the ground again this morning. Every day I wake up to this crap is another day I get behind in running. I haven't figured out how to work training into my night shifts, may have to run late in the afternoon when I wake up, which will be fine for spring, but come summer it might be a little too warm at that time of day. And I can't see me strapping on the sneakers when I first get home from work after being on my feet for 10 hours, though that would be the coolest time of day.

Speaking of work, I am definatly starting nights tonight, travelling back and forth each day, I will try to post when I get home in the morning if I can keep my eyes open, if not it will be when I wake up later in the day.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

Big congrats on your loss. You deserve it for being so careful even in the face of temptation. You have helped me re-evaluate what I need to do to achieve my goal and today has been a very good day. I have eaten more protein and veg and fruit than usual and went to my class as well. I also went shopping and bought hummus and celery and have lots of other healthy foods. I also reduced my calorie allowance to 1100 but today I am below this, so hopefully I will be able to report a loss this week too (not as high as yours though) Hope you really enjoyed today.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie, good job on the healthy choices.

I am awake and I am not sure why, I got home from work at 8 am asleep by 9and by 1 pm I was awake, hope I will be able to get another few hours before I go back in tonight. Well lunch break at work was a little crazy, I was working away ( I am the only one working alone the rest are in pairs or larger groups) and one of the girls walks by at 1:30 in the morning and asks if I went out for lunch? Lunch? no one told me everyone was going for lunch so I basically missed it. I had some veggies and hummus with me so I continued working and munched as I worked and ate the rest of my lunch at final break. I took this time while I am awake to pack my lunch ready for tonight, I even packed a couple of water bottles, I may not drink them, but at least they are there if I get the urge.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:06 PM
FitDay Member

Dee, Yesterday was a weird food time day for me too, I had planned to have my dinner at around 6pm but some of my personnel came in earlier than usual so I didn't get a chance to eat unti I got home around 10:30pm and I was ravenous but I stuck to my light choice and ended the day under 900. You have really spurred me on to control my intake better but there will be days when I can't promise to get so low, however the raw veggies and fruits are a big improvement. Have a good day/night.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

Night shift sure plays havoc with both my sleeping and my eating, I am too tired all the time to even think about food, and when I am at work I am too busy to concern myself with what I am eating. Its not that I am eating the wrong foods, I am just not eating much of anything and certainly not enough. Yesterday I think my calorie count was under 400. I have planned out today and I am closer to 900 cal if I eat everything I plan and take to work with me.
NEWS FLASH....I actually drank two bottle of water at work last night, I think in recent memory this is a first for me, I have managed one bottle on the odd occasion, but two in one night is a huge milestone for me. Only two more nights of work this week then I can get back to normal for a few days. My daughter is planning on coming home for the weekend, and she might even be visiting me at work tonight. I haven't seen her in over a month, she came up the day before my birthday, which was the day I started this new healthy eating plan, so hopefully she will see a difference.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Great job on the water, I find it hard to force water into me, I just never seem thirsty. When I was travelling with my friend and it was very hot we bought bottles of water, a couple of hours later she was on her third and I was only half way through the first. Maybe those melons of mine are like camel's humps and I conserve the water. I'm sure your daughter will notice all those inches lost. I'm waiting to see who is the first of my family and friends to notice when I've dropped my first stone but I guess I'll have to stop wearing those baggy sweaters first. Hope work goes quickly for you tonight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.