Notices

Keeping me accountable

Old 09-02-2011, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Ended up working 12 hours yesterday so that was all the excercise I needed, today my body is aching as a result of yesterdays work so having a ME day, no plans to do anything except hang around the house maybe get some laundry done. I haven't done any late night snacking so I am feeling really good about that. Kids go back to school on Tuesday, youngest is feeling better about it as one of his friends is in 3 of his 4 first semester classes.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

Got a little waylaid over the weekend, not with the eating but with reporting on it. My stepfathers oldest grandson was found dead, he was only in his late 20's but has had a rough life. So anyway spent the weekend dealing with family stuff and of course getting the boys ready for school today I have been a little swamped. I did weigh myself yesterday as usual and dropped just over 3 lbs this week. I am sure the stress didn't help and that number will not be the norm but I will take it.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Condolences to you, Dee. I'm sure that was surprising news that threw your family into some upheaval. Take care of yourself. Hope your younger one's first day went well! We just did that here three weeks ago; I'm glad he has friends in 3 of his classes. That seems to make a big difference in the anxiety level.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:20 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Cassie, I am closer to my stepfather than I am my own father and it was awful the hurt he was going through, I hadn't seen his grandson in a number of years, as I mentioned he had it pretty rough growing up, through a lot of it was no ones fault but his own. My daughter was really shook up about it as she and A. were really close when they were younger, she idolized him as her big cousin, he was 3 years older than her. Day 2 and my youngest has already decided they aren't going to teach him anything in highschool so he shouldn't have to go any more. Not surprised by this as we have had the same conversation at least once a week for the past 3 years, at this point I think its more of a game to him than anything, I always have the same response which is "its against the law for you to stay home and I am not going to jail because you are already sooooo smart and won't learn anything"
It appears this is going to be my 3rd night in a row with insomnia, I got 1 whole hour each of the last 2 nights, and before anyone makes any suggestions I have tried everything except prescription sleeping pills. No caffiene after dinner, tried over the counter sleeping pills, herbal teas, nyquill, travel sick pills and Neocitran, none of them make me in the least bit tired in fact they seem to wire me up rather than knock me out. These phases usually last 5 - 10 days then I will want to do nothing but sleep for a week.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Dee. So sorry to hear of your family troubles, it's always sad when a young person dies no matter whether or not they contributed to it themselves.
Hope you ge some sleep as well. It'll takecme a day or so to catch up with the posts.