FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/3401-motivational-thread-starting-2-14-10-a.html)

Mern 02-19-2011 07:05 AM

My Friday Achievements:

Calorie limit 1600, actual 1622
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 13g (yeah, thirteen)
Protein goal 110g, actual 145g (that's why carbs were lower)

Water 64 oz., actual 64 oz.

Exercise: concentrating for now on walking in my neighborhood for stamina rather than for burning calories. Did .4 miles on first try without having to stop to rest my back. I probably could have gone a little further, but want to take baby steps to prevent acquiring too much lower back pain at a time. Pain level was about 8 on a scale of 10, with 10 meaning I'd have to stop for 1-2 minutes to alleviate the back pain.

Today I added more distance (as I plan to add per day for a while) and achieved .6 miles. Back pain level was lower--about 7 on a scale of 10. Tomorrow is my scheduled day off exercise, but I plan on going for a walk and adding .2 mile more. :)

Jennybeeb, I understand your question about exercise calories. I agree with Kumochi Mary. I think it's up to the individual as to how to handle it. Some may prefer to add the exercise calories burned to their calorie deficit to make it to their weight loss goal more quickly. Others may prefer to use the exercise calories burned to allow themselves more calories to eat, but remember how much exercise you have to do to burn off the extra calories you consume.

Stacey, I cook like that, but my husband doesn't mind at all. Like when I make chili, I set my portion aside, then add beans to the rest for John's. Tonight I'm making tuna casserole with Dreamfield's pasta which is lower in digestible carbs but tastes exactly like any other dried pasta. He gets peas in his half and topping of buttered crushed cracker crumbs; I get French cut green beans and either no topping or maybe a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. As long as he gets fed, he doesn't care.

Mambogirl! Wow, your Thursday and Friday achievements rock! "Exercise and really mean it" is both admirable and setting a great example for the rest of us. Having grandkids has been the best years of my life so far. :) How many kids do you have?

Jess, good for you. My heart was going out to you as I was reading your post about feeling down in the dumps the past few days. But then I saw you trying to make lemonade out of those lemons. Is that an old lady expression?--"when life hands you lemons, make lemonade." My grandkids will be rolling their eyes if I said that to them. LOL I saw you were looking on the bright side--payday, day off Monday, hairdo change. Hey, I'll bet you'll look awesome! All that punctuated with "I can do it!" shows maturity, grace, and style. Well done!

Mary, congrats on those 10 grandkids! I thought of grandkids' weddings, too. None of my seven grandkids are married or engaged, the oldest being 24 or 25--forgot which. But I haven't worn a dress in years because of my weight. I'm hoping I won't be the fattest lady in a dress at future weddings. Congrats on your wonderful achievements this week. And way to go on planning for next week while away from home, especially looking for another Y. Enjoy your dinner tonight!

I don't find it easy finding my last goal post, either. (Sounds like football. :D) I
see Cassie told us how to find our recent posts: "Mary, if you click on your name in your most recent post, you can then select "find all posts by Kumochi;" click on that and then you should be able to find your most recent goal post.
A few other suggestions if you post a lot and have a long list of recent posts to skim through:
1. Copy them into your FitDay journal each Monday or whenever you first post them.
2. When you first post your weekly goals, write down the post number or the day and time of your post.
3. I keep mine short and just give a daily report on the previous day's achievements rather than keep a running tab as most members do.
4. Mhibdon keeps her goals in her signature rather than copying and pasting them daily. Very clever idea.

Cassie, despite your snack fest last night, you had some really admirable achievements in your Friday report. Way to go!

Mike, nice calorie deficits. Way to go on your cereal and scale goals. Gotta ask--was the scale nice to you yesterday?

Julia, thanks so much for your encouragement on my exercise achievements which don't even begin to compare with some of the exercise veterans here. Keeping it real is vital for those of us who hate exercise, have trouble finding/making the time, or have agility problems. I have learned to not compare myself with others, but to just try for my personal best in the long run. Enjoy your hike! :)

Mern 02-19-2011 07:28 AM

Cassie, thanks for telling us how to so easily find our recent posts. I did not know that!

Quinn, I'm rooting for your scale to show under 120 next week! 1300 calories on date night is AWESOME! I use skinless chicken as a low cal protein. Hard boiled eggs are good, too, if you can spare some fat calories. How about lite yogurt? Where do you walk indoors--at a gym or in your house? No excuses, eh? Great job on the dedication!

Bubbs21 02-19-2011 07:39 AM

Friday Report (late)

My goals and results for this week are:
  1. Use a water bottle at work and home :) yes 3 liters M/T/W /T/F
  2. Upgrade my workout on the elliptical from manual to 'intervals' :D Yeh! 24 minutes at interval setting M/T/W/Th
  3. Balance ball workout 5-7 times/week - Yes T/W/Th
  4. Balanced pie chart 30/30/40 - Yes M/T/W/T/F
  5. Make sure my DH knows he is appreciated and loved - actually I think he is the one who is appreciating me and treating me like a princess...;) Doing my best in this department
Doing great with my commitment and efforts. Bought a food scale to be more precise with the meat portions in my calorie intake.

Weight and scales....S***! actually went up 1.4lbs in last 6 days, despite an average 1000 cal daily deficit. God help me to stay the course.

01gt4.6 02-19-2011 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 36936)
Mike, nice calorie deficits. Way to go on your cereal and scale goals. Gotta ask--was the scale nice to you yesterday?

Thanks! No it wasn't but I figured that it wouldn't be. I ate boiled shrimp Thursday night and I knew with the sodium that I would retain water. Friday morning I weighed in at 172.6# and I weighed again this morning to get an accurate # and it was 171.0#

I've been beating myself up b/c I feel like I'm packing fat back on, but looked at my weight goal and since I started it on 1/5 I've yet to goal above my goal. So I can look at that as a success! :D

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...weightgoal.jpg

Kumochi 02-19-2011 09:19 AM

Thanks Cassie

Jennybeeb 02-19-2011 10:25 AM

Kumochi - thanks so much for the info on the exercise and calorie intake. That helps a lot! :) My main concern was consuming low calories and working out would make my body hold onto weight, but it sounds like it will actually be just fine!

Mern - Congrats on your walking goals! Sounds like it is coming along wonderfully, you'll have to let us know how it continues and if your back pain is alleviated as you get further into your walking program.

Mike - I am jealous! I wish my weight goal looked like that, hopefully, I can stick with this for good and eventually it will! You are definitely inspiring!

Bubbs - Looks like you are sticking right to your goals for the whole week - that is fantastic! Hopefully the food scale works well for you (I actually have 3 of my own - !?!?), and I hope that you see the regular scale go down this week...I think you can do it! :) Maybe next week my goals will be all green like yours...<crossing my fingers!>

Sorry if I missed anyone - I am still *new* to this, so I only looked at the last page or so of posts to see what people are up to for the end of the week here!

Here is my update...

Health/Fitness Goals:
1. Eat between 1200-1400 cals/Day No, No, No, YES!!!, Definitely not
2. Get at least 7 hrs of sleep/night Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes - more like 9 :D
3. Consume 100oz. of Water/Day No - 80oz., Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Take Fish Oil & Rosehip Supplements Yes, No, No, Yes, No
5. Exercise with EA Active for Playstation 3x/Week (Tues, Thurs, and Sat) No, YES!!!, Yes for Friday too!
6. Limit myself to 1 Diet Coke/Day Yes, Yes, Yes (and my head is letting me know I am missing the caffeine!), NO, YES!

Other Life Goals:
1. Do 1 load of laundry per day & Freecycle clothes no longer needed/wanted No (it was Valentine's Day), Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Clean Bathroom & Clear out Bathroom Cabinet (Monday night) Did this on Tuesday
3. Clean Kitchen for 20 minutes (Tuesday Night) Fiance helped with doing this since I skipped my cleaning for Monday
4. Vacuum & Mop Dining Room & Kitchen, also take out trash Complete!
5. Send out Wedding Save The Dates (Thurs Night) No
6. Complete Budget for March 2011 (Friday Night) No, doing it today (Saturday)

I am already starting to think of my goals for next week, and know that I need to try to make realistic goals and stick with them...I can do this!

MunaAmin 02-19-2011 10:39 AM

hi all
I was at the swimming pool today. It was better than i though - it was pool AND gym :) so first i hit the machines and then i swam a bit, jacuzzi etc. I'm totally dying :) deficit around 800kcal, not bad

Jennybeeb 02-19-2011 12:09 PM

Oh, another thing I was going to ask this group...

How often do you all weigh yourselves? I guess this could be a personal thing, but I feel like some of the motivation would be from stepping on the scale and seeing that you lost, right?

Although I do know people in the past have said do not weigh yourself everyday...

Is once a week safe enough, or is there something else that seems to work better for anyone?

Thanks in advance for any advice! :D

01gt4.6 02-19-2011 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jennybeeb (Post 36954)
Oh, another thing I was going to ask this group...

How often do you all weigh yourselves? I guess this could be a personal thing, but I feel like some of the motivation would be from stepping on the scale and seeing that you lost, right?

Although I do know people in the past have said do not weigh yourself everyday...

Is once a week safe enough, or is there something else that seems to work better for anyone?

Thanks in advance for any advice! :D

Jenny, I'm trying to weigh myself once a week now unless I know I get a false reading. I use to weigh myself every 32 seconds, but I started to feel that I was just a little obsessed about it.

When I first saw your avatar, I was like, who's this person? LOL It took me a minute to realize that you just uploaded it.

BREAKING NEWS!

I cleaned my car today. w00t!! Apparently it's been a while b/c I rarely wear a tie and I pulled out 9 ties from my trunk. :eek: I cleaned it inside and out, top to bottom. Cleaned my trunk, glove box, center console, you name it. Hell I even put a little shine on the tires. I must admit, it's not as fun as it was cleaning the mustang.:( Maybe that's why the mustang stayed spotless and my '09 Toyota was looking like a 1909. :D

Bubbs21 02-19-2011 09:44 PM

My achievement for Saturday...

My goals and results for this week are:
  1. Use a water bottle at work and home :) yes 3 liters M/T/W /T/F - Sat No
  2. Upgrade my workout on the elliptical from manual to 'intervals' :D Yeh! 24 minutes at interval setting M/T/W/Th
  3. Balance ball workout 5-7 times/week - Yes T/W/Th/Sat
  4. Balanced pie chart 30/30/40 - Yes M/T/W/T/F/Sat
  5. Make sure my DH knows he is appreciated and loved - actually I think he is the one who is appreciating me and treating me like a princess...;) Doing my best in this department
Doing ok with my commitment and efforts. Used the food scale last night. Amazingy I was not far off in my estimates of oz and calories. Had very lean roast beef...and able to have exactly the oz and cal I wanted as I sliced the roast. One great thing about eating proper portions, is the food bill and groceries go so much further :)

cjohnson728 02-20-2011 01:41 AM

Had a lovely and productive Saturday. Inspired by Mike, I gave the car a thorough cleaning, ran errands and had lunch with hubby, tried two new recipes, and doubled up the workout. It's amazing how much the improvement in the weather affects my energy and motivation.

Jen, personally, I weigh when I feel like it. Sometimes it's daily, sometimes weekly, usually 3 times a week or so now; I stay away when it's that time of the month because I don't want to get freaked out about water gain; I'll get on if I know I need motivation to be more careful, or if I feel I've done well and need the reinforcement. If daily, you just have to be prepared to ride with little artificial fluctuations.

Mike, glad you got to your car. I know it is easy to let that stuff pile up...literally and figuratively! Feels good, doesn't it??

Jacqueline, you've had a great week with your goals. Big thumbs up to you!

Mern, still rocking the walking! I bet it feels good to look at where you are compared to where you began, eh?

Report for Saturday for me:

1. Balance the pie chart (no numbers, just balance). Yep, Yes-not great but acceptable, No, Yep, Nope, Yep
2. Sleep 7 hours a night. Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, No, No-sick boy got me up too early today :(
3. Turn off all the electronics at least half an hour before bed, and read. No-report from last night, since tonight hasn't happened yet Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep
4. Exercise outside one day this week, preferably two. Not today, Yep, Yep
5. Exercise at least once this week with friends and/or family members. Not today Yep, Yep-met some new folks at a class
6. Incorporate a stretching/flexibility workout into the mix twice this week. Not yet, Yep-pilates, Yep-yoga
7. Dress nicely and make an effort at minimal makeup even if not working that day; the pushed-for-time grad student look is old now. Yep, Yep-worked today, but left on the nice clothes and makeup to run to the store after dinner, Yep, but had to work, so I would've done it anyway, Yep, Yep-stayed in makeup and nice but comfy clothes after court, Yep
8. Do an at-home mani-pedi this week (this is something I won't spend money on). Not yet
9. Use my gift card from Christmas to buy something for myself that is not entirely practical. Will be over the weekend
10. List two things daily that I didn't/couldn't/wouldn't do before that now I do, can, and will. Yep, Yep-putting them in the journal, Nope-got busy & forgot; will do 4 Thurs. Yep-all caught up, No, No

And of course, with a nod to reality:

11. One office organizational task daily. Nope, come on; it's Valentine's Day! Yep, Half of one, Yep-and finished yesterday's, Yep, Nope
12. One room's trim painted by the end of the weekend. Will have to wait for the weekend
13. Keep working on short, mid and long range financial plans with hubby. Will also wait for the weekend
Did make some preparatory progress on this today

Well, although we did get a lot done yesterday, none of it was the stuff on my home goals list! So, guess that gives me my marching orders for today!

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

01gt4.6 02-20-2011 05:07 AM

Health and fitness:
1) drink a gallon of water per day yes 140oz., yes 140oz., yes 152oz., yes 132oz. no 120oz. yes 140oz. AVG. 137.44oz/day
2) 400 cals deficient for 6 days nope (cheat day) -317, -335, -1121 :eek:, -475, -224 AVG. 494.4 for 5 days
3) workout 3 days no yes no yes no yes COMPLETED
4) play tennis at least one time no, no, no, not yet yes COMPLETED
5) no cereal for the week no, no, still none, holding out like a champ!, nope, none
6) stay off the scale until Friday didn't get on it, still doing good, nope:), don't even care weighed myself COMPLETED

Other:
1) make 50 calls to prospects 0 (took day off)11,18,10,13 = 52 COMPLETED
2) clean my car nope, no, no, nope It's still nasty., nope... maybe today yes COMPLETED

Cassie~ I agree, the weather plays a huge part. It does feel good getting it done and out the way.

Mern 02-20-2011 05:27 AM

Mike! There ya go! Looking at the long term loss is what counts--I love the FitDay graphs. Congrats on that still-downward trend--below your goal! I'm glad you posted your weight change graph. Looking at her own may make Jacqueline feel better, too. LOL on cleaning out your car and finding all those ties. Oh, my gosh!!! Your achievments for the week are totally awesome!

Muna, great job on your calorie deficit and gym exercise!

Jacqueline, it's never too late to post your goal report. :) Kudos on your achievements this week! Awesome job! Holy cow, girl! You lost 23 pounds since January 1, 2011--that's only over 3 lbs. per week so don't fret about that little gain. Could your muscles retaining water from bumping up your exercise? Follow Mike--go look at your FitDay weight change graph. That ought to lift your spirits. Although I'm pretty good at "eyeballing" measurements, too, I weigh and measure everything I eat at home. My food scale has a switch for lb/oz and kg/g. I love having the ability to measure in grams because
some things like frozen strawberries, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. are hard to measure in a cup, so I use the gram servings on the frozen food bag.

Jen, I just know you can make it to goal by your wedding day. Ooh, July 30--right after my July 24 40th wedding anniversary. I'm 100% in favor of adjusting fairly regularly UNachieved goals to something more realistic for me. I hope you don't mind my offering you a couple suggestions on your calorie range. I found when I was trying to eat the bare minimum in my previously set calorie range (mine, too, was 1200 calories) I was always hungry and that led to "cheats"--which weren't even cheats because I still had a nice calorie deficit. I nixed my calorie range and changed my goal a LIMIT of a certain number of calories a day based on what FitDay told me my calorie deficit needs to be in order to achieve my weight goal. Even then,try to "buy" the most bulk of food you can with your calorie allotment so you don't feel deprived. Yeah, weighing frequency is a personal choice. I always weigh on Monday, but usually only once or twice in between Mondays. And ALWAYS at the same time in the morning, before eating or drinking anything, and pardon me :o but with empty bowel and bladder, and with the scale on the same spot on the floor every time. I'm not gonna count one more ounce than I have to. ;)

Cassie, so glad you had such a nice Saturday. I try out two new recipes or foods per week. It really does help keep us from getting bored with our menus, doesn't it? Wishing your sick boy a speedy recovery. Ooh, congrats on doubling your workout! Special congrats for balancing that pie chart and will you please buy something with that gift card? My curiosity is killing me. ;)

Oh, my gosh, it surely does feel great to be where I am now with exercise. January 24 stamina less than 5 minutes and pain level 10 on a scale of 10 to my DVD with 10 meaning I'd have to quit. Today I can do the whole 30 minutes with a pain level of only 3 or 4. Walking in real life I'm up to 18 minutes or .77 miles as of this morning with a pain level of 8--pain level 10 means I'd have to stop for 1-2 minutes to rest before continuing because I'm away from home. That's only 2.57 miles per hour but I'm shooting for stamina, not speed.

My Saturday achievements:
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1529.
Protein goal 110g, actual 114.9g
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 30.4g. Oops. Had forgotten to log yogurt.

Water goal 64 oz., actual 64oz.

Exercise .6 miles walking in my neighborhood. Back pain level 7 out of 10 with 10 requiring I stop to rest for 1-2 minutes.

mambogirl81 02-20-2011 06:12 AM

Can anyone tell me how to get the quote boxes around something that you want to reply to? I am so technologically challenged!

Mern- I have five kids, so lots of grandkids better be in the future.:D

I had two hours of dance practice yesterday morning and then three hours of dancing just for fun in the evening, so I'm counting that as exercising and really meaning it!

Overall, it has been a pretty good week as far as my goals.Thanks to all of you for inspiring me even if I haven't posted about it. If only I had a housekeeper and a chef, everything would be perfect....

Bubbs21 02-20-2011 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 37021)
Mike! There ya go! Looking at the long term loss is what counts--I love the FitDay graphs. Congrats on that still-downward trend--below your goal! I'm glad you posted your weight change graph. Looking at her own may make Jacqueline feel better, too. LOL on cleaning out your car and finding all those ties. Oh, my gosh!!! Your achievments for the week are totally awesome!

Muna, great job on your calorie deficit and gym exercise!

Jacqueline, it's never too late to post your goal report. :) Kudos on your achievements this week! Awesome job! Holy cow, girl! You lost 23 pounds since January 1, 2011--that's only over 3 lbs. per week so don't fret about that little gain. Could your muscles retaining water from bumping up your exercise? Follow Mike--go look at your FitDay weight change graph. That ought to lift your spirits. Although I'm pretty good at "eyeballing" measurements, too, I weigh and measure everything I eat at home. My food scale has a switch for lb/oz and kg/g. I love having the ability to measure in grams because
some things like frozen strawberries, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. are hard to measure in a cup, so I use the gram servings on the frozen food bag.

Jen, I just know you can make it to goal by your wedding day. Ooh, July 30--right after my July 24 40th wedding anniversary. I'm 100% in favor of adjusting fairly regularly UNachieved goals to something more realistic for me. I hope you don't mind my offering you a couple suggestions on your calorie range. I found when I was trying to eat the bare minimum in my previously set calorie range (mine, too, was 1200 calories) I was always hungry and that led to "cheats"--which weren't even cheats because I still had a nice calorie deficit. I nixed my calorie range and changed my goal a LIMIT of a certain number of calories a day based on what FitDay told me my calorie deficit needs to be in order to achieve my weight goal. Even then,try to "buy" the most bulk of food you can with your calorie allotment so you don't feel deprived. Yeah, weighing frequency is a personal choice. I always weigh on Monday, but usually only once or twice in between Mondays. And ALWAYS at the same time in the morning, before eating or drinking anything, and pardon me :o but with empty bowel and bladder, and with the scale on the same spot on the floor every time. I'm not gonna count one more ounce than I have to. ;)

Cassie, so glad you had such a nice Saturday. I try out two new recipes or foods per week. It really does help keep us from getting bored with our menus, doesn't it? Wishing your sick boy a speedy recovery. Ooh, congrats on doubling your workout! Special congrats for balancing that pie chart and will you please buy something with that gift card? My curiosity is killing me. ;)

Oh, my gosh, it surely does feel great to be where I am now with exercise. January 24 stamina less than 5 minutes and pain level 10 on a scale of 10 to my DVD with 10 meaning I'd have to quit. Today I can do the whole 30 minutes with a pain level of only 3 or 4. Walking in real life I'm up to 18 minutes or .77 miles as of this morning with a pain level of 8--pain level 10 means I'd have to stop for 1-2 minutes to rest before continuing because I'm away from home. That's only 2.57 miles per hour but I'm shooting for stamina, not speed.

My Saturday achievements:
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1529.
Protein goal 110g, actual 114.9g
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 30.4g. Oops. Had forgotten to log yogurt.

Water goal 64 oz., actual 64oz.

Exercise .6 miles walking in my neighborhood. Back pain level 7 out of 10 with 10 requiring I stop to rest for 1-2 minutes.

Wow Mern...awesome on the exercise. And thanks for all the encouragement. Most appreciated. Have a great week.

mhibdon 02-20-2011 11:10 AM

This week:

Health:
1. Drink >1L H2O: Yes, No, Yes (barely), No, No, Yes, Going to try to finish it!
2. 1300<Devour<1800: Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Cheat Day, Over by 35 :(, Right on target!
3. Multivitamin, Vit. D, & Metformin: Yes, No, 2:3, No, 2:3, 2:3, 2:3
4. Go to Gym: No, No, No, No, No, No, No

So this week may have been a bust, but at least I am being more mindful! I'm looking forward to the challenges of this week!

01gt4.6 02-20-2011 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by mambogirl81 (Post 37036)
Can anyone tell me how to get the quote boxes around something that you want to reply to? I am so technologically challenged!

Mern- I have five kids, so lots of grandkids better be in the future.:D

I had two hours of dance practice yesterday morning and then three hours of dancing just for fun in the evening, so I'm counting that as exercising and really meaning it!

Overall, it has been a pretty good week as far as my goals.Thanks to all of you for inspiring me even if I haven't posted about it. If only I had a housekeeper and a chef, everything would be perfect....

on the bottom right hand corner of a post, you'll see a quote button, hit it. :D

Kumochi 02-20-2011 11:26 AM

A bad day for calories -- 2300 with no excuse but temptation --but at least I journalled them and drank my water. On a positive note I found the y and picked up the brochure to check what I could do tis week and I brought some of my standby foods. Tomorrow will be better as temptation shall be reduced as I will be in charge of the meals. Maybe I can still get some exercise in.

64rhoda 02-20-2011 12:24 PM

hope next week is better

well did good on the food because could not eat this week food was yuk
gym: did not go but then was lucky if I got to get out of bed to have a shower ....this cold better be over soon I CAN'T TAKE IT any longer but did losse two pounds this week but then it could be all the blowing of the nose.
will talk next week :mad:

Mern 02-20-2011 01:29 PM

Jacqueline, thanks for your encouragement, too. Wishing you a great week as well. :)

mhibdon, no this week was not a bust for you. Your calorie range goal was met quite nicely and you met your water goal half the time. Water is not easy for me, either. I have to force myself. Give youself credit for each and every achievement, girl! "Being more mindful" is good, especially on your vitamin and meds goal. Big hug to ya!

mambogirl, five kids--awesome! Wishing you lots of grandkids in the future. :) I know dance burns a lot of calories--learned that watching "Dancing With The Stars." My hat is off to all you mothers. I don't know how you do all you do and still contribute to the support group, log your food, exercise, etc.

Mary, good for you for journaling even knowing you went over in calories. Awesome for finding the Y and planning on exercising there and on bringing your standby foods. Wow, only seven pounds from your April 1 goal! You're going to make it!

Rhoda, you poor thing! So sorry to read that you're still nursing that awful cold. But congrats on losing two whole pounds of snot weight. LOL Also blowing one's nose must burn some calories--and there's a lot of moisture lost in exhaling. Just kidding of course, not being able to eat much, you certainly lost fat weight. Wishing you well.

My Sunday achievements:
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1574
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 23g
Protein minimum 110g, actual 144g

Water goal 64 oz. achieved
Exercise .77 miles real walking, not to DVD.

cjohnson728 02-20-2011 04:26 PM

Mern, have you tried putting ice on your lower back? I'm glad the pain is going away with rest, though.

64rhoda, I sincerely hope the snot fest is over for you soon. It's very frustrating to have a cold you can't shake.

Mary, I had one of those nights Friday. Although I probably went over 2300; unlike you, I just stopped journaling :o. Good for you; hope today was better.

mambo, once my housekeeper and chef are done here, I'll send them up to you (but don't hold your breath!).

mhibdon, everything is a step forward, a lesson learned. Be gentle with yourself :)

So, finishing out the week:

1. Balance the pie chart (no numbers, just balance). Yep, Yes-not great but acceptable, No, Yep, Nope, Yep, Yep
2. Sleep 7 hours a night. Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, No, No-sick boy got me up too early today :(
3. Turn off all the electronics at least half an hour before bed, and read. No-report from last night, since tonight hasn't happened yet Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep
4. Exercise outside one day this week, preferably two. Not today, Yep, Yep
5. Exercise at least once this week with friends and/or family members. Not today Yep, Yep-met some new folks at a class
6. Incorporate a stretching/flexibility workout into the mix twice this week. Not yet, Yep-pilates, Yep-yoga
7. Dress nicely and make an effort at minimal makeup even if not working that day; the pushed-for-time grad student look is old now. Yep, Yep-worked today, but left on the nice clothes and makeup to run to the store after dinner, Yep, but had to work, so I would've done it anyway, Yep, Yep-stayed in makeup and nice but comfy clothes after court, Yep, Nope; painting and cleaning; it didn't seem worth it!
8. Do an at-home mani-pedi this week (this is something I won't spend money on). Not yet
9. Use my gift card from Christmas to buy something for myself that is not entirely practical. Will be over the weekend
10. List two things daily that I didn't/couldn't/wouldn't do before that now I do, can, and will. Yep, Yep-putting them in the journal, Nope-got busy & forgot; will do 4 Thurs. Yep-all caught up, No, No, Yep

And of course, with a nod to reality:

11. One office organizational task daily. Nope, come on; it's Valentine's Day! Yep, Half of one, Yep-and finished yesterday's, Yep, Nope, Yep-big dent today
12. One room's trim painted by the end of the weekend. Will have to wait for the weekend Yes! Took freaking forever today!
13. Keep working on short, mid and long range financial plans with hubby. Will also wait for the weekend Yes; we did well today with tax stuff

So I had to let a few goals slip; the mani-pedi and the gift card. The boy needed his mama nearby today and by the time I was ready for the girly stuff, I had to get my sneaks on and exercise. However, since it's technically a long weekend, I still have Monday, so I'll try to do both then :D.

sandi olson 02-21-2011 02:14 AM

Again - love your posts and energy, everyone. Lots of success and good humor out there!

Mike, fun to see your weight graph. Mine looks like a drunken sailor going from bar to bar, but the line is steadily going downward. I've been watching my graph compulsively. Gotta stop that! But I have to say, when I get crazed results happen.

Thought I'd drop in this morning and do quick reads through the posts. Seems like everyone has lots of positive things from last week. Although early in the week I was still recovering from my cold/flu, I got back on track by Friday, full of my usual energy.

I felt pretty good about my goals. Lost a pound this week--met that goal! Didn't meet cardio goals, but this week should be better. Managed 3-4 total body weight workouts (goal of 2). And I didn't meet my average calorie deficit of 400-600 from workouts. Had a GREAT week in my studio--very productive. Lots of shows coming up so there's no choice!

Diet/Fitness goals
1) 1300 cal/day, under 30% fat (adjust down from 1600 because I've been around 1000)
2) 400-600 calorie deficit through exercise alone by doing:
a) cardio 5X/week
b) weights, 2X/week-full body
4) 8+ glasses of water daily

Personal Project Goals:
1) Spend at least 4 days/week working in my studio
2) Work in home office--got some deadlines (taxes, side jobs, etc)

Height: 5'4.5" (and shrinking!)
Start Weight 1/1: 135
Weight 2/21: 127.5
Goal 2/28: 126.5 (getting harder!)
4/1/11 Goal: still 122

staceyalberta 02-23-2011 02:37 AM

weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan M No, T yes 83%
~ log all foods i've eaten M no, T yes,
~ do cardio 6 days yes 1, 2
~ do strength training 6 days, yes 1,
~ get 90 oz of water in M yes, T yes
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food.M yes, T yes
~ be honest to myself when weighing myself .M yes, T yes

non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look.M yes, T yes, W yes
~ get back to my routine in organizing my house. not yet

01gt4.6 02-23-2011 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by staceyalberta (Post 37329)
weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan M No, T yes 83%
~ log all foods i've eaten M no, T yes,
~ do cardio 6 days yes 1, 2
~ do strength training 6 days, yes 1,
~ get 90 oz of water in M yes, T yes
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food.M yes, T yes
~ be honest to myself when weighing myself .M yes, T yes

non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look.M yes, T yes, W yes
~ get back to my routine in organizing my house. not yet

wrong week??

Kumochi 02-23-2011 04:02 AM

25 minutes swiming and 1 hour fitness class. Love the new Y here. Now to watch my calories in!

staceyalberta 02-23-2011 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 37330)
wrong week??

nope. i'm keeping the same goals this week until i have them under control. monday i wasn't on my food plan, but i did make good choices.

staceyalberta 02-23-2011 04:41 AM

Kumochi ~ good job on getting your exercise in.

sandi ~ i like watching my weight graph too. i find the reports fun :)

cassie ~ sounds like you had a nice productive Saturday

mern ~ my guy wants to eat what i'm eating to show his support he'll just eat a larger portion usually ...lol.

muna ~ glad you enjoyed the pool & gym woo hoo that's awesome.

jen ~ 'they' say not to weigh yourself more than once a week, but i usually am on it more than that...lol. if you can do once a week same day, same time then that's best.

01gt4.6 02-23-2011 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by staceyalberta (Post 37346)
nope. i'm keeping the same goals this week until i have them under control. monday i wasn't on my food plan, but i did make good choices.

I'm confused :confused:. LOL

oops, I though that you meant to post the update in the thread for this week, not last week...

staceyalberta 02-23-2011 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 37348)
I'm confused :confused:. LOL

oops, I though that you meant to post the update in the thread for this week, not last week...

oh lord :eek: i posted in the wrong week duh NEVER MIND i understand you now &....you are right WRONG WEEK

Mern 02-23-2011 05:22 AM

Tuesday's achievements:
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1597 (went to bed early so I wouldn't eat

more.)
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 18.5g
Protein goal 110g, actual 138.5

Exercise goal was .9 mile. Got to .96 mile walking at the shopping mall non-stop. Pain level got to 9--10 would mean having to stop for 1-2 minutes to rest.

Mary, I agree on the importance of logging in when we're off the wagon. I, too, prefer to exercise early in the day--if I don't do it then, there's a good chance I won't do it at all. That's quite a drive to work--big chunk out of your day! Congrats on your exercise at the Y! Way to go!

Almeeker! Excellent Tuesday health and fitness goals report! Way to go!

Quinn, oh, I'm so glad I misunderstood. I thought you were having trouble resisting bread. Wow, your weight loss is awesome, by the way! I look forward to the day I can begin maintenance. Long time away, but I'll get there.

Rose, thanks for your encouragement on my walking. You're doing great on your goals this week. Congrats on your fitness achievement! That's truly awesome, girl!

Taubele, aw, I hope your back gets better soon! Hard to reach that 64 oz., isn't it? I have to deliberately plan mine out--24 oz. by the end of breakfast, 20 more by the end of lunch, and the last 20 by the end of dinner. If I get behind that schedule I either pay for it by too frequent potty breaks or don't reach my water goal at all. You and I share the same mini-goal to get under 200. You're a lot closer than I, though. I hope your doctor appointment goes well.

Rubypeanut, wishing you and your daughter well! I'm glad you were entertained by my kale and orange pop snack. LOL I actually sprinkled my cold kale with cinnamon and enjoyed that. "Variety is the spice of life." Congrats on those 20 weeks maintained!

mhibdon, congrats on walking to the gym. I know that took a lot, but I'm curious as to why you psyched yourself out. Good for you for TRADING your cheat day instead of taking an extra one. That's admirable!

Cassie, hope your shoulder heals quickly. I think that's great to meditate daily on three things you're grateful for. Thanks for your kind thoughts and suggestion, but no, I haven't tried ice on my lower back. It only takes 1-2 minutes rest sitting down to almost completely alleviate the pain. It's from an old injury back in 1977--fell backwards off a step ladder and hit my back on the rim of a metal bucket. Regular family physician didn't do anything except tell me to stay off my feet until my back healed. That was impossible with a 5 month old infant. So I guess it never healed right. I just learned to live with the pain--BUT I'm building up my walking stamina. Last week I could only do .4 mile, today I did a whole mile.

Jacqueline, my heart goes out to your mother-in-law, you, and DH! You surely do have a lot on your plate. Wishing you all peace, love, and happiness as well.

Michelle, you're doing great! Wishing you a wonderful vacation!

Sandi, congrats on that pound lost! Way to go. Glad you had a good week at the studio.

Stacey, it's great that your guy wants to eat what you eat in order to show his support. Mine eats what I eat plus he sometimes adds some carby stuff like potatoes, corn, beans, rice, etc. that I can't eat because I'm managing my pre-diabetes blood sugar without meds.

01gt4.6 02-23-2011 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 37351)
Tuesday's achievements:
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1597 (went to bed early so I wouldn't eat

more.)
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 18.5g
Protein goal 110g, actual 138.5

Exercise goal was .9 mile. Got to .96 mile walking at the shopping mall non-stop. Pain level got to 9--10 would mean having to stop for 1-2 minutes to rest.

Mary, I agree on the importance of logging in when we're off the wagon. I, too, prefer to exercise early in the day--if I don't do it then, there's a good chance I won't do it at all. That's quite a drive to work--big chunk out of your day! Congrats on your exercise at the Y! Way to go!

Almeeker! Excellent Tuesday health and fitness goals report! Way to go!

Quinn, oh, I'm so glad I misunderstood. I thought you were having trouble resisting bread. Wow, your weight loss is awesome, by the way! I look forward to the day I can begin maintenance. Long time away, but I'll get there.

Rose, thanks for your encouragement on my walking. You're doing great on your goals this week. Congrats on your fitness achievement! That's truly awesome, girl!

Taubele, aw, I hope your back gets better soon! Hard to reach that 64 oz., isn't it? I have to deliberately plan mine out--24 oz. by the end of breakfast, 20 more by the end of lunch, and the last 20 by the end of dinner. If I get behind that schedule I either pay for it by too frequent potty breaks or don't reach my water goal at all. You and I share the same mini-goal to get under 200. You're a lot closer than I, though. I hope your doctor appointment goes well.

Rubypeanut, wishing you and your daughter well! I'm glad you were entertained by my kale and orange pop snack. LOL I actually sprinkled my cold kale with cinnamon and enjoyed that. "Variety is the spice of life." Congrats on those 20 weeks maintained!

mhibdon, congrats on walking to the gym. I know that took a lot, but I'm curious as to why you psyched yourself out. Good for you for TRADING your cheat day instead of taking an extra one. That's admirable!

Cassie, hope your shoulder heals quickly. I think that's great to meditate daily on three things you're grateful for. Thanks for your kind thoughts and suggestion, but no, I haven't tried ice on my lower back. It only takes 1-2 minutes rest sitting down to almost completely alleviate the pain. It's from an old injury back in 1977--fell backwards off a step ladder and hit my back on the rim of a metal bucket. Regular family physician didn't do anything except tell me to stay off my feet until my back healed. That was impossible with a 5 month old infant. So I guess it never healed right. I just learned to live with the pain--BUT I'm building up my walking stamina. Last week I could only do .4 mile, today I did a whole mile.

Jacqueline, my heart goes out to your mother-in-law, you, and DH! You surely do have a lot on your plate. Wishing you all peace, love, and happiness as well.

Michelle, you're doing great! Wishing you a wonderful vacation!

Sandi, congrats on that pound lost! Way to go. Glad you had a good week at the studio.

Stacey, it's great that your guy wants to eat what you eat in order to show his support. Mine eats what I eat plus he sometimes adds some carby stuff like potatoes, corn, beans, rice, etc. that I can't eat because I'm managing my pre-diabetes blood sugar without meds.

oh wow, I feel bad that you typed all that for the wrong week. Blame Stacey. ;) j/k