Community
Notices

Motivational Thread starting 02/07

Old 02-11-2011, 02:30 PM
FitDay Member

Stacey Yea, I called them today to confirm it- and see if they took it out of my refund already,... NOPE so I get my money waved in my face before it is gone =(

And I guess that's true about doing what works for me BUT I actually had healthy bacon yesterday! My boyfriend made BLTs and we bought that microwave bacon and I was so excited to read the Nutrition information and that it had Protein and no carbs! Yay! My first food I've found with none that's a start!

And ugh found out I have to work 2 til Midnight tomorrow and I'm a bit bummed, Saturdays and Sundays are usually my only days off and now I only have 1 day off this week- but I decided to surprise my bf with going to an Arcade with Laser Tag

I love surprising him and I'm putting off getting my hair done- which I am going from Brunette to Blonde big step for me lol but I'm young and don't think my hair will hate me too much. I haven't had it dyed in years and I know how bad it can be for the hair but I need a change and maybe that will motivate me.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Jess, bummer about your work schedule. Just tell yourself it is money you can put to good use.

Ruby, feel better soon. You've been hit hard this winter.

Michelle, I bought Optimum Nutrition in double chocolate and I don't like it at all (fortunately my husband does!). I next bought a vanilla one, grocery store brand, that's much better. A lot of folks love the ON stuff; I guess it's a matter of taste. Some nutrition stores will let you sample.

Stacey, you did it before; you'll do it again. Kudos for you for not letting it slip too long.

I kinda took a day off today. Lots of unexpected things came up and I'm starting to feel a little under the weather (thanks, lovely son, for sharing). As they say, tomorrow is another day!

1. Calorie deficit of 250-300, because I keep slipping and can't get back to my pre-holiday weight/body fat % Yes, Yes but barely, Yes, Yes, No, but I stayed at maintenance
2. Balance the pie chart, carbs no more than 45% Yes-45, Yes-45, Yes-43 (somehow, success on my meatless day this week), Yes-45, No-49
3. Exercise 7X's (daily, or double up) Doubled up today (weights and intervals), yes (3 mile run), yes (hour of yoga), yes (cardio with weights for an hour), No (cashing in credit for Monday's double)
4. Sleep at least seven hours a night. Fail, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Get in three of my water bottles daily (I'm pretty regular about 2) Yes, Just finishing, No, Yes, Yes
6. Stay off the scale this week Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

7. One organizational office task per day (at least a small one) Not today-but I helped set up the Scholastic Book Fair at school, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
8. Finish painting stair trim and spindles by end of weekend Weekend being the operative word...
9. Try a new healthy recipe or make over an old one Not yet
10. Complete the family financial summit with hubby Scheduled for Saturday
Old 02-11-2011, 03:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jhowar16
but I decided to surprise my bf with going to an Arcade with Laser Tag

I love surprising him and I'm putting off getting my hair done- which I am going from Brunette to Blonde big step for me lol but I'm young and don't think my hair will hate me too much. I haven't had it dyed in years and I know how bad it can be for the hair but I need a change and maybe that will motivate me.
When my girlfriend and I were first getting together, we would always go to the arcade for dates! It was super fun and not focused on food!

Oh oh oh! Are you going to try the two-tone look first?! I would recommend it if you haven't dyed your hair in a while and are hesitant.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

TGIF!!! Going to crash soon and sleep in as late as my dogs let me. Which means they are sleeping with me because they love it and wouldn't dare wake me up because they know they would be gated downstairs if they did!

Body Health Goals
1) Keep calories above 1000 1005, 1009, 1028, 1205, Yes, went out for happy hours.
2) 3 lifting sessions 1, 0, 0, 0, 0
3) Get 6 hours minimum sleep every night 7, 7:30, 7:30, 6
4) Get to one dance class! no, no, no, no, no

Mental Health Goals
1) Make 3 phone calls I have been dreading/putting off no, no, no, no, no
2) Open January's mail 1envelope, woot! I looked at the pile, but just decided to walk away, I swear it's looking at me! Ha, realized I better go get Feb's mail from my PO box! I picked up more mail from my PO box today.
3) Take god daughter out for a FroYo date no, no, no, no, no
4) Clear one room of clothes to keep/donate/toss no, no, no, no but tried on two pairs of jeans so making progress??? no
Old 02-11-2011, 05:14 PM
FitDay Member

Default up date on my goals

did good with the gym went very day till friday go sick so had to stay home , did good with the food stayed at about 1400 have lost three pounds so far and am feeling good about this web page it is making me see what I am doing and where I can change. I hope that this cold will not last to long would like to go back to the gym again and thank-you all for your kind words it really helps
Old 02-11-2011, 09:29 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie ~ i know i can do it again i'm just feeling sorry for myself. boyfriend doesn't want me getting to thin...lol...nice change from ex where i was never thin enough...lol.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:47 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by staceyalberta
Cassie ~ i know i can do it again i'm just feeling sorry for myself. boyfriend doesn't want me getting to thin...lol...nice change from ex where i was never thin enough...lol.
Seriously! Sounds like a great guy! And soetimes it takes a few tries to make it stick
Old 02-12-2011, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

Stacey, maybe when he sees you more confident and glowing with health, he'll come around. Remember who you're doing it for!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:13 AM
FitDay Member

No time today to catch up on the posts. So hearty congrats to all who are doing well, and big hugs to those who are struggling.

My Friday achievements:

Food:
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1243
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 24.6
Protein goal 100-120g, actual 123.8

Exercise goal of 19 minutes aerobic walking achieved

Water goal 64 oz., actual only about 40 oz. (could have been worse)
Old 02-12-2011, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator

Default Update

Okay ladies, I will be gone today and tomorrow. I'll be in New Orleans, and I'm not sure if I'm bringing my laptop with me. I'll let y'all know how I did with my 1/2 Marathon. Oh yeah, I still have a blister the size of Texas on my foot but I did get some moleskin.

VabeachgirlNYC- If the new thread is started before I get back, could you please sticky it? Thanks, you're the best.

Health & Fitness Related:
1) (Sunday) 1/2 Marathon in 2h 38m or faster Maybe if I can get this damn blister to heal!
2) Gallon of water per day. yes 135.2oz.,yes 135.2oz,101.4oz.,yes 135.2oz., yes 140oz.
3) 200 pushups 0,75,0,75,0
4) 50 pullups 0,20,0,0,0
5) 50 chinups 0,20,0,0,0

Other Goals:
1) Make a YouTube Video (put some effort in to this)... this may not be until next week, b/c I'll want to update on the race. not yet, nope, no,nope,nah
2) Make a big, nasty pan of lasagna for my SIL (day before the race carb load). BTW Big & Nasty is a good thing.

The impossible:
1) Don't weight myself until Friday so far so good, nope, no, still holding out.I did it!!!! w00t

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.