Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24

Old 01-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Thanks, everyone, for your supportive words in light of my day off the wagon. On some level I guess I just needed to be bad...and not just with food! I didn't put laundry away, I didn't return phone calls, and I basically didn't do anything I should have! Now, it's out of my system and I'm back on track, without beating myself up about any of it. I really, really appreciate the comments; they were a great pick-me-up and helped me get stay out of guilt mode.

Now, if I can just get past "Chef Joseph's Dessert Showcase" tomorrow at this dinner I'm supposed to attend, I'll be in good shape!
so... we can look forward to pics of you dressed for the party??
Old 01-27-2011, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carolinefrance
Wow, it's so amazing to see how many have responded to this thread. Almeeker I was looking at your numbers in your signature and I am so impressed with how much you have lost. Thanks for inspiring me!
Thanks honey, you're very sweet. Don't be too impressed, I'm just an ordinary middle aged housewife. You'll be right here with me in no time.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
I love this. Almeeker, you have such a way with words!!!
Thanks. You're not too shabby yourself there honey.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1. 5x produce Y,Y,Y,Y!
2. Light and short exercise (yoga, pilates) 3x this week since sick Y,Y,Y,Y all better
3. Calories <1800 N,Y,Y,Y barely again!
4. Max 1 serving artificial sweetener per day N,N, N,N
5. Fiber >=20 g Y,Y,Y,Y
6. Protein >= 30% N,Y,N,N but getting better
Old 01-27-2011, 12:05 PM
FitDay Member

Rose, I think moving the workout to your dining room is a really great idea. Surely seems like it should work to shield your sleepy neighbor from the sounds of your 2 minute cardio. I hope she grows to appreciate what a thoughtful neighbor you are and takes a look at her 2AM disturbances.

Golly, you really have to be careful about running outside in the winter. I slipped on ice on the sidewalk that I didn't see December 17, cracked my head on the brick of our house, and got a a hematoma the size of an extra large hard boiled egg--not exaggerating the size. The bump is almost gone but my head is still sensitive on that side.

I just looked up the Yak Trax. Didn't know there was such a thing. I saw a review that said they're good on both snow and ice. Let us know how they worked out for you.

Thanks for your good wishes, too.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:34 PM
FitDay Member

Default Report card for Thursday

First of all I have to say mega THANKS to all who gave me good solid advice. I feel so much better about this whole situation with my neighbor. I moved the table in the dining room to make space for my 30 Day Shred tomorrow morning and I am hoping that this does the trick. Thanks Almeeker, Mern, Muna and Hope. I hope I am not forgetting anyone.

Cassie, I'm with Mike. Let's see a picture of your fabulous outfit and glad you enjoyed your day of being bad. It's such a great way to look at it. You're entitled!

For my physical health I will:

1. Eat 1550 calories or less per day: YES (1465) / YES (1532) / YES (1337) / YES (1365)
2. Take my vitamin: YES / YES / YES / YES
3. Do my workout every morning: DONE! / DID IT! / OH YEAH! / YES
4. Eat less than 45% carbs per day: YAY 32% / No problem 31% / YES 35% / YUP 31%
5. Make a nice big pot of turkey chili to have for lunches I did it & it's delish!
6. Get at least 7 hours of sleep per night: YES / YES / Sweet dreams / YES
8. Drink at least 80 oz. water per day: DONE! / YES / YES / YES

For peace of mind & spirit I will:

1. Start & work on a new knitting project: NOT YET / Bought the yarn! / STARTED!
2. Clean my apartment: A LITTLE / oops / Worked on it!
3. Read a little every night before sleeping: NOT YET / NO / TOO TIRED
4. Work on my proposal: NOT YET / Working on it / Worked on it some more
5. Bust out my new sewing machine & try it out: NOT YET

Hope you all had a terrific Thursday!!!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 01-27-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie

Hey everyone! I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread but it's Thursday already so I'm thinking I will have my goals and everything set up by Monday. That will give me time to think over what I need in order to help myself lose some of this weight!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

1) drink a gallon of water per day yes 138.3oz, yes 202.8oz,no 101.4oz,yes 135.2oz
2) work out 3 days no (but I did cardio for 30 mins),yes + 30mins recumbent bike, nope, yes + 1hr tennis + walked a mile
3) walk 15 miles 0,2mi,0mi,1mi
4) floss 6 times 1,1,1,1
5) average at least 300 cals deficient per day for 6 days (this number will reflect sleep being added in, making it harder to get to the #) -209, -375, -322, -871
6) take in at least 145g of protein per day yes 185.3, yes 165.2,yes 159.6, yes 165.8
7) go two days without bread (last week I went one day w00t!) yes
8) Finish the week no higher than 173#

9) save a life... give blood yes
10) 6 random acts of kindness 0,1,2,0
11) keep spammers under control Yes -there weren't any

this weekend I need to knock out 12 miles to make my goal.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:14 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Thursday check-in

Fitness is off to a good start, but I pretty much dodged and ducked a lot of work responsibilities today . I try and justify this behavior (correctly or not) that as a scientist, I actually never really stop "working". My brain is almost always engaged in thinking about my studies. I do, however, get a little overloaded and overwhelmed with the administrivia that is required to get the work actually accomplished.

1.) Maintain calories at 1200 - 1500: 1334, umm...1762 a little over, 1422, 1225 - yippee
2.) Maintain carbs @ 40%, 23%, 46%. 36%, 43%
3.) Maintain protein @ 90g 143g (over board again!), 110g 72g, 80.3
4.) Yoga 2 times: YES 1 down,but the Wed noon class is being suspended for a while - bummer, love the teacher and the time works well with other activities
5.) Crossfit 2 times: YES one down, great workout, 2 down
6.) At least 1 long run Sunday

I neglected to copy over the life progress list, but sorry to say there wasn't any change there.

It has been so facinating to watch which goals are met and which slip among us. Sometimes there seems to be a universal pattern that many are following, (with a few outliers, as usual). Some day it would be fun to actually do a little quantitative study on the weekly progress. But that may be just a little too geeky!

"See" you all in the morning

PS: the FitDay obsession has officially reengaged.

Pam
Old 01-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Checking in for Thursday:

1. 250 cal deficit daily (till that last holiday pound disappears) Yes, No, Not even close!, Yes
2. Balance the pie chart Yes, Yes, Ha!, Yes
3. 2-3 blue bottles of water daily Yes, Yes, I did do this one, Working the last down now; will be up tonight, I'm sure!
4. Sleep at least 7 hours per night No, No, No, No
5. Floss Yes, Yes, No, Yes

6. One organizational task in home office daily Yes, Yes, I looked at some stuff, Yes
7. One room of trim painted sometime this week Not yet-probably weekend
8. Try one new recipe or make over an old one - healthier Not yet, Picked it out

Today was good. I felt more like myself. That sleep goal is truly kicking my butt, though. Next week the Australian Open will be over and I'll get into bed earlier; hopefully I will have some more success with that one.

In light of that, here's a mini-challenge. Look at which of your goals is the hardest one for you to keep. Then dig into why that is...think hard. Jot it down, keep it in your head, post if you want, just try to get to the bottom of it. After all, once you're there, there's nowhere to go but up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.